[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best-selling fighting game of all time. Why is that?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (657KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
657KB, 600x600px
This is the best-selling fighting game of all time.

Why is that?
>>
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
>>
fightan was still huge and 3D anything had instant appeal
>>
All I can tell you is that when I was a kid in Chicago this was in every laundromat and pizza place along with Area 51 and it was god damn excellent.
>>
>>381387283
>>
>>381387363
>Eddy mains
>>
Ricer soundtrack
>>
>>381387283
It looked and sounded amazing for the time, had a ton of bonus modes and unlockables, and was heavily promoted

>>381387647
hworang too
>>
>>381387612
This. Sales sharply declined after they removed Gon. There's a correlation.
>>
I got into the series with Dark Resurrection on PSP and I find 3 unplayable. Moves take too long to recover, especially Anna's FC d/f+2, and it easily has the worst Tekken Force mode because of the fixed camera and not being able to pick your lock-on targets.
>>
File: eddygordo-t3.jpg (27KB, 359x600px) Image search: [Google]
eddygordo-t3.jpg
27KB, 359x600px
2bh
>>
>>381388162
It's almost like it came out a decade earlier and had several releases between those two titles to tighten things up

Tekken Force was a parody of the sidescrolling beat-em-ups of the 80s and Devil Within completely lost sight of that and replaced eating entire roast chickens with shadow the edgehogery
>>
>>381387283
Sorry sweety
>>
Gin kizama's sexy face n thee cover
>>
>>381387283
It had the best presentation.
>all characters had CG animated endings
>their own stages and music
>a bunch of fun extra game modes
>gameplay was simple yet robust
>tons of unlockables and secrets
>insanely good graphics at the time
It was the perfect storm.
>>
>>381391294
It's kind of nuts how quickly Tekken's graphics advanced. Tekken 1 and Tekken 3 are only two years apart.
>>
File: 1359780349558.jpg (17KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1359780349558.jpg
17KB, 310x310px
>>381387283
You know why,

SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY!
>>
>>381387283
Kazuya became young and sexy again

Jin?!
>>
>>381387283
>good graphics
>anyone could pick it up and mash

My sister bought and played this game. Literally the most normalfag fighter of all time.
>>
Right thing at the right time. Appreciably better than the Tekken games that came before it and then PS1 had hit it's stride. Being the best 3D anything was also huge at the time.
>>
>>381391940
can't top that tekken tag promotional art of kayzuya
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.