[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR; should I buy this graphics card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I found this at frys electronics and if i do buy it this will be my first card ever. I have a pc already I just don't have a graphics card. My question to you fine gentlemen is should I buy this for the price or is there something better for around the same cost. PS;I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>381386117
Its a good card, but you should try to get the 6gb.
>>
File: 1481911947727.jpg (1MB, 1118x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1481911947727.jpg
1MB, 1118x1600px
>>381386117
>I have a pc already I just don't have a graphics card
>I'm a poorfag
Stop right there aniki

1. How decent is your current computer? Chances are the processor and ram will bottleneck the performance of this card

2. What videogames do you like/want to play?
>>
>>381386369

listen to this man
>>
>>381386369
I have a msi board and 8gb ddr3 and an i7 4790k
>>
>>381386117
RX 580 is better but those are sold out everywhere because of memecoin miners. That's the best you can get for the price today although 6GB 1060 is better if you got the money for it.

What system do you have right now? You sound like you are buying a card to put in a prebuilt. With prebuilts many of them don't come with the PCIe power connectors from the PSU to power that, and you have to be careful about the physical size of the card actually fitting in the case.
>>
>>381386895
>Radeon
lol
>>
>>381386369
>>381386734
I mainly just want to play the normie shit that I've been missing out on like battlegrounds, overwatch and other crap like that, also I want to make a jump from consoles to pc.
>>
>>381386895
No i built it but never finished it with a card
>>
>>381386734
Everything looks fine, you could get more ram but whatever. Now

>>>381386369
>2. What videogames do you like/want to play?

Price is just alright. Depending on the kind of stuff you want to play the card would be "just enough" to play most stuff at *acceptable* settings. Some fags will say that you absolutely need a card with more VRAM, which could be correct assuming you want more juice out of it but

>I'm a poorfag
suggests that you just want to play the goddamn videogames and have no extra money. If I were you I'd save up the extra $50 and get the 6gb version because it will last you a few more years, and that you want to play the eventual botched console port like Nier Automata
>>
>>381387172
If it fits in the case buy it then, it'll be decent for 1080p for the next while.
>>
File: dog.jpg (197KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
197KB, 1200x900px
>>381386369

This

Also, I have the 6gb 1060 and it needs a 8 pin connector from your psu.
>>
>>381387078
RX 580 is objectively a better card than the 1060, without even considering that you'd have to pay the $200 good goy tax if you want gsync compared to free sync at some point down the line.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.