[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biggest case of false advertising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: roAzpw8N2cBuxzifhL3B9n-1200-80.jpg (62KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
roAzpw8N2cBuxzifhL3B9n-1200-80.jpg
62KB, 940x529px
Remember the AMAZING Dead Island trailer. Remember how to game was NOT like that.
>>
Thats not false advertisement
>>
File: 1469241827383.jpg (8KB, 236x147px) Image search: [Google]
1469241827383.jpg
8KB, 236x147px
>>381380124

I remember how to OP is a fag
>>
There are retards today who think Dead Island is good OP.
If you needed further proof that gen 8 is cancer.
>>
File: 2007 Crysis1 lies.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2007 Crysis1 lies.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>381380124
Crysis 1 post release graphics downgrade before it was even a thing.
>>
Would that fall under false advertisement though? It's a pre-rendered trailer and doesn't represent how the game is played at all. A blatant case of false advertisement would be ACM since they explicitly said the demo shown prior to release was a gameplay demo and later trailers and examples of the game made no indication of how the final game would be at all.
>>
>>381380494
Meh, Crysis' downgrade was more palatable since it still looked miles better than any other game on the market.
>>
i thought it was overrated
woo, scene of dead daughter, little girls dying make you feel more sympathy than dead anything else
>>
>>381380494
I thought pc gamers said pc games cant get downgraded
>>
Trailer was amazing yes, If you base your expectations off of a CG trailer you should just castrate yourself. The game was pretty fun with friends. Nothing to phone home about a first person zombie killin game. Not many other games out there like it besides dying light.
>>
>>381380124
I never found that trailer amazing or anything like that.

Why so many people thought it was the best thing ever is beyond me.
>>
>>381380124
That entire game existed only to give Goat Simulator an awesome trailer to parody from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8
>>
The trailer was just better than the game. It happens with movies to. See Prometheus or Cloud Atlas.
>>
>>381380124
>see this trailer
>start up game
>VOODOO DAH HOODOO BITCH
>>
>Amazing trailer

Maybe for reddit.
>>
>>381381769
They can if you don't give pc players access to the settings (assuming they don't just use nvidia control panel to enable it anyway). I suppose you could downgrade it by swapping for lower resolution or swapping out shaders and light sources. Though chances are this 'downgrade' was them using custom shaders and lighting for that particular level to make it look amazing while.
>>
>>381381912
>I shouldn't base my opinion of a game at all from its trailer
Then why even watch it? What's the point if it doesn't represent the game at all? Even movie trailers have scenes from the fucking movie.
>>
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>381382905
>What's the point if it doesn't represent the game at all?
It makes you aware of the games existence. That's all teasers were ever supposed to do.
>>
>>381380124
It wasn't even that good of a trailer, to be totally honest fampai.
>>
>>381380124
>Teases a game that will actually embrace the true tragic nature of a zombie apocalypse.
>Entire fanbase is ready for maximum feelsdrive.
>It's another "lololololololzim-zamboes amirite?" game like Dead Rising
I understand the backlash.
>>
dead island was great tho
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.