[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which game has the best space exploration?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: xsmall.img.jpg (137KB, 995x560px) Image search: [Google]
xsmall.img.jpg
137KB, 995x560px
Which game has the best space exploration?
>>
Space Engine
>>
>>381377438

That's not a game. Not even a simulator?
>>
>tfw no Age of Empires VI in space
>>
>>381377397
Starbound Is the only one I know of that has actual shit to do when space exploring.
>>
>>381377397

Freelancer and Elite Dangerous
>>
>>381379093

How is elite dangerous as a person that doesn't know a single thing about it?
>>
>>381379202
You could find that out on youtube.
>>
File: 4339410221_12d667f5b1_o.png (648KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
4339410221_12d667f5b1_o.png
648KB, 3000x2000px
Eve's fucking retarded
>>
Probably Star Control 2 and Starflight.
Elite dangerous is like showing you the universe, but you're not allowed to touch anything.
>>
>>381380692
Sorry for not being a themepark MMO were everyone can gear up with max stats in less than a month and go on raids against dumb AI.
>>
I like Pioneer Space Sim a lot. Planets lack detail, but you can land on them and the size and scale of the universe is accurately represented.
>>
>>381379631

Thanks for the convo
>>
>>381380989
But you can do that in EVE with Incursions, anon.

Its even pretty good ISK if you have no connections and are a friendless loser like I am.

>>381379202
Elite Dangerous is first person perspective space ship flying. Problem is that there is little of consequence to do in the game. You can blow ships up...but that gets boring after a while, and literally nothing is as profitable as blowing ships up unless you find a huge credit faucet exploit system somewhere, in which case it will promptly be patched since the devs of that game hate fun.

Also it has a massive grindwall to the big ships if you are a newer player. And there is no reason to fly anything other than the Anaconda once you get it (or imperial clipper if you bothered to grind reputation).
>>
>>381380989
>EVE
>Create your own content

All content is Sov squatting, blob blasting, and gate camping

So fun

>durrr exploration
>durr solo pvp that doesnt exist
>durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>381381475
I forgot to add, you can 'explore' in E:D sure, but its fucking BORING. You enter a system, you ping the system with your discovery scanner, and you optionally get close to the stellar objects and scan them. If you have horizons then some of the planets without atmospheres you could land on...

The problem is that like real space, there is absolutely fucking nothing of consequence out there to find. And if you do happen across an uninhabited earth-like world or a black hole or something, then you get basically no reward for doing so since exploration payouts are pennies compared to other incomes.
>>
No Mans Sky
>>
>>381381420
Hey, I could go to your house, spoonfeed you, or chew some food and spit it in your mouth like a baby bird if you want.
>>
>>381381654

What a fuckung shit
>>
>>381378198

Define game.
>>
>>381377397
Star Citizen?
>>
ED is like early access game.

ED stands for Early Dysfunction.
>>
>>381377397
starfield
>>
File: swag4.png (622KB, 1296x639px) Image search: [Google]
swag4.png
622KB, 1296x639px
>>381381654
How would you make exploring in a space game meaningful?
I really like the scanning for lifeforms aspects but I can't think of a way to make that more interesting other than exchanging your data for credits.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.