[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /Switch/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: Switch-Super-Bowl.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Switch-Super-Bowl.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>want a Switch
>don't want to play Nintendo's screen lottery like the 3DS.

What's the verdict boys? Is it viable for its console merits alone? How much of the time have you used it in TV mode vs portable mode?

Include timestamp if possible.
>>
le bump
>>
Well I only got mine a couple weeks ago and I already have BoTW and MK8 on Wii U but I've put about 40 hours into puyo tetris and I really like the console.
>>
>>381374598
Switch doesn't have the stupid 3ds lucky screen shit... At least not yet.
>>
>>381374598
I am pretty sure there are the same screens on all the Switches.
A small portion of Switches produced at American factories have had some minor production mishaps though. But I do believe that was resolved and all that the old models sold out anyway.

So I am pretty sure there should be no issue at this point.
>>
>>381374598
My buddy hypes Nintendo like you would expect certain lads to, but it is pretty nice. Just waiting on more games for it personally. I got it about a month ago now though and I love the thing.
>>
>>381378117
Responding to my own post here, I bought it not sure if I would really like the new Zelda... It was worth it just for BotW... I sunk over a hundred hours into it and there's still stuff to do. Also my first Zelda game I beat.
>Popped my Zelda cherry.
>Feels good.
>>
Who /waiting for Switch 2.0/ here?
/v/?
>>
File: 20170303_123251-1.jpg (3MB, 3036x1647px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_123251-1.jpg
3MB, 3036x1647px
>>381374598
Bought mine on launch day with BotW. It's a pretty cool little console. Being able to just pick the thing up and take it anywhere feels unbelievably liberating.

Another great feature I hardly ever see anyone talking about is the sleep/home screen feature. At the press of a button you can turn the console off or head into the UI without ever having to save your progress, it just stays open in the background.

Overall, it's pretty cool and great for local multiplayer. Take a look at the games available and the software coming out and base your decision on what you want to play.
>>
File: 1497424254596.jpg (115KB, 750x591px) Image search: [Google]
1497424254596.jpg
115KB, 750x591px
>>381374598

Switch are not doing the two screen types bullshit
>>
>>381374598
>don't want to play Nintendo's screen lottery like the 3DS

has the new 2ds been confirmed to have the better quality screens, or is it still a lottery?
>>
>>381374598
I used it docked way more when I got it, I mostly use it in handheld mode now, play Zelda or Mario kart while laying in bed with the tv in the background is super fucking comfy. Would recommend
>>
>>381378421
If I had the money right now I'd buy one in a heartbeat, but like every 1.0 console it's bound to have faults needed to be ironed out.

Do you think they'll make a second improved version at all?
The WiiU didn't get one, as far as I know.
>>
>>381374598
Just do the smart thing and wait for the revision.

It's not worth owning unless you are a fanboy till late next year anyway.
>>
>>381379515
>Do you think they'll make a second improved version at all?
It's a handheld, and they made extreme bank doing annual revisions for the 3ds. I'd be shocked if they don't.
>>
>>381379608
True patricians wait 30 years for the inevitable classic edition
>>
The game catalog is hurting it, I can't play Zelda, MK, or ARMS for more than 2 or so hours at a time, but its seriously revolutionary. Being able to play however you want is great, the potential for local multiplayer is great, battery life isn't bad unless you're on a long plane ride or car trip because who the fuck plays consoles in public anymore. Build quality is fine and the future forecast for games is fucking fantastic. WiiU had droughts that were filled with subpar games and Nintendo is fixing the droughts and the quality (hopefully). I just want more infrastructure additions like VC, play log, flesh it out a bit more
>>
>>381379515
>every console is bound to have faults needed to be ironed out.

This is a big deal for me.
I mean, remember the HUGE change from the OG DS to the DS lite? Or the GBA to the GBA sp?

Those 2.0 versions are well worth the wait
>>
I got mine on launch, and on average have played it every other day. 50/50 on monitor/portable.

ARMS is pretty fun, but the AI is broken on higher levels, and it's also pretty annoying to get coins to get the arms I want.

As a person who owned the Wii U (and thoroughly enjoyed it) I see this as "what the Wii U could have been if the tech was behind it". Library looks like it will be fantastic by the end of the year.

I own ARMS, BOTW, MK8D, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Super Bomberman R and think it's worth it already.
>>
>>381380104
Every single time.

There isn't a single case since the GBA where I wasn't much better off waiting for a revision.

I actually wish I'd waited longer on the 3ds.
>>
>>381378421
same

but i keep thinking about how nintendo's consoles never have a 2.0 version so why should switch be different?

and also mario odyssey this year fuuuck
>>
>>381380181
I don't really know what they could improve other than maybe a better battery?

They would need to keep the size to be the same if they want the joycons to be comparable, and it's a good system on it's own. It doesn't have nearly as easily identifiable problems and solutions like the original GBA did.

I believe if there's going to be a new version it will be like the PS4 PRO where it basically is pointless to go out and buy the new one if you already own one.
>>
File: 1246340304914.jpg (15KB, 419x424px) Image search: [Google]
1246340304914.jpg
15KB, 419x424px
>>381380104
>Phat DS inferior to Lite
Are you high? Besides the obvious reduction in size and tuned hardware and software, the Lite wasn't an improvement to me.
The sharp corners dug into my palms and the stylus placement was awkward as fuck.

I get your point, but man, don't glorify the Lite because that shit was not an upgrade, it felt like a version B more than anything.
>>
File: switchu.jpg (70KB, 533x720px) Image search: [Google]
switchu.jpg
70KB, 533x720px
>>381374598
3 weeks with mine
90% portable mode
I love it but it's a 6/10 console right now. Hyped for Mario Oddysey, I think it will be the only game I'll buy this year.
>>
>>381380596
Not to mention the buttons and D-pad were iffy and the inputs only did what you told them to half the time.
I'm sorry but fuck the lite.
>>
>>381380465
>3ds/New 3ds
>wii/wii u
>>
I've literally never taken the dock out of the box. Had it since launch and used it for about 150 hours
>>
>>381374598
100% tv mode atm
>>
>>381380827
wii/wii u were different consoles senpai
>>
Had it since launch, played it in portable maybe a total of 5 minutes just to check functionality
>>
>>381378481
Uh, I think every console and handheld of the last two gens have had that feature dude. The Switch does stand out for its responsiveness in that regard though.
>>
>>381380782
That D-Pad always dented my thumb. The phat's D-Pad was god tier.
>>
>>381374598
I almost exclusively play it on my T.V. and I love it. The only time I play it in portable mode is when I'm hanging out with my buddy and he plays persona while I play zelda.
>>
>>381381696
that's really comfy anon, do you suck each other's dicks afterwards? never forget to brojob ur bro
>>
File: 1230988643010.gif (8KB, 347x238px) Image search: [Google]
1230988643010.gif
8KB, 347x238px
>>381381494

OG D-pad was the tippity toppest shit it was comfy as fuck
>>
>>381381368
Yeah thats what i was getting at, just the seamlessness of it.
>>
File: 1484009916973.jpg (27KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484009916973.jpg
27KB, 720x720px
>>381381783
That's just rude pal.
>>
>>381380528
screen quality, weight, battery, build quality, form factor, alternate joycon configuration.

It has blatant things that can be adjusted.
>>
>>381381783
do you need someone to talk to? Sounds like you have some things to get off your chest.
>>
I pretty much exclusively play in portable mode. I think it looks like shit on my TV. Plus Zelda seems to play worse in docked mode.
>>
I only play docked when I'm streaming Jackbox games or capturing videos of friends getting btfo.
>>
The problem with the Switch right now is that you're putting nearly all your chips on to whether you'll like Breath of the Wild or not. It's a damn good game but if it doesn't scratch your itch you don't have much else outside of indies and some Wii U ports. Luckily Splatoon 2 is coming next month, Rabbids + Mario actually looks good, and Odyssey is on the horizon in October. You could just wait until then.

Portable Puyo Puyo Tetris is amazing though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.