[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Japanese so terrible with writing and dialogue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Why are the Japanese so terrible with writing and dialogue?
>>
>>381368295
Only jews are good at writing.
>>
>>381368295
They're not. Only when it comes to video games because those are meant for children. Japanese TV dramas, novels, and film are great.
>>
>>381370176
>Tv in Japan
>great
Why are you purposely defending shit?
>>
>>381369927
Good goyim
>>
>>381368295
about the same as marvel capeshit

normies eat it up. lots of excitement on the marvel pages about MVCI
>>
>>381370827
What are you saying?
>>
The story of MGS3 is more fun than any western game. The dialogue is meh though.
>>
>>381370937
Actually true.
>>
>>381368295
Their stories are great.
Their dialogues are terrible because they make it too long.
>>
>>381371661
Mgs is the prime example of the nips being bad at writing.
>>
>>381368295
because you don't understand their native language and you either understand through subs or dubs.

japanese writing is so much more impactful if you understand japanese. you have to read it from the perspective of a native speaker who understands all of the little cultural nuances.

watamote is a great example of an anime where understanding of language is a great boon to the viewer. japanese people don't use the word "i" or "you", everything is spoken in terms of groups so if you speak japanese, you have a better understanding of tomoko's despair.
>>
>>381370176
>Japanese novels
>great

They're lightyears behind compared to the slav.
>>
>>381368295
Silent Hill games have one of the best writing. Though Vampire - the masquerade: Bloodlines is my favorite.
>>
>>381368295
>why is in house western development for mvci so bad?
Ftfy.
>>
>>381372243
>watamote is a great example of an anime where understanding of language is a great boon to the viewer. japanese people don't use the word "i" or "you", everything is spoken in terms of groups so if you speak japanese, you have a better understanding of tomoko's despair.
so what subject does she use when talking? does she sustantive the verb? does she use impersonal?
>>
>>381368295
All the good writers are in movies.
Inspired and unique writers are in manga.
Shit writers are in anime and vidya.
>>
>>381372963
>Shit fighters are in anime and vidya
You forgot most western comics, especially capshit.
>>
>>381372963
>Inspired and unique writers are in manga.
HAHAHAHAHAHA no.
>>
>>381373205
>You forgot most western comics
You mean most modern western comic. They are on the same level as moeshit writing. Completely horrible.
>>
>>381372214
Bad at writing doesn't even begin to describe it. It feels more like a work of an alien who has sloppily studied human behaviour from books written by other aliens. The dialogue and the cutscenes in MGS wouldn't even look right when shown as an anime. They look outright absurd and laughable in the game's semi-realistic tone.

I still don't hate it somehow
>>
>>381373636
At least moeshit has cute girls to look at, capeshit on the other hand just keeps trying to one-up itself until it's forced to reboot its universe again just to fix the power creep.
>>
>>381368295
>implying the west is so much better at writing and dialogue

I hope you have some examples to back up your opinion, anon.
>>
>>381373365
confirmed for being retard that thinks mainstream manga is the only manga

there are literally hundreds of thousands of manga published
>>
>>381372243
>japanese people don't use the word "i"
Watashi
>or "you"
Anata
?
>>
File: tiny-tina.png (733KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tiny-tina.png
733KB, 960x540px
>>381368295
You tell me.
>>
>>381368295
Their entire culture is based around autism.
>>
>>381376114
Only because of Post WWII. Just need another war for Japan to grow the fuck up again.
>>
>>381370176
This. The least talented people in Japanese entertainment are in video game business. Even anime has better standards.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.