[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got this game last night, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3161.jpg (72KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3161.jpg
72KB, 540x270px
Just got this game last night, what am I in for?
>>
Good turn based combat. The writing divides opinions, though.
>>
The combat system is pretty novel for an hour or two. The charm wears off quickly, however, and the game itself is boring.
>>
One of the best RPGs ever made.
>>
File: jesmo5.png (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jesmo5.png
26KB, 500x500px
Great game can be frustrating what to do in places.
>>
>>381344886
one of those games you buy and play for a couple hours and then it sits in your steam library unplayed forever
>>
File: 1401306186296.gif (380KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1401306186296.gif
380KB, 220x220px
>>381344886
>head to the lighthouse early on
>fight "the ghoul who guards the lighthouse"
>advance through the story, eventually face the final boss of act 1
>summons all of the other bosses
>"the ghoul who used to guard the lighthouse"
>mfw
>>
>>381345219
Triggered kafir
>>
How's the single player? Can't really be assed to play a rpg with my friends.
>>
Where the fuck is Pontius Pirate?
I solved the headless Nick quest, but he didn't provide any good information on finding him.
Is he behind the locked door halfway through the dungeon? How the fuck do I get in there?
>>
>>381345747
Just the same only you control the whole party yourself (2 main chars, up to 2 companions). It can be less frustrating since you won't have to deal with having to constantly give instructions to the multiplayer companion or deal with their fuckups
>>
>>381345843
Go back to the pirate's office and look around, there's a switch hidden behind a painting. You hit it and a hatch appears, bringing you to one final fight corridor and puzzle, then the boss fight. I think you also get the key for that ominous gate close to the entrance of the dungeon
>>
>>381345973
I see in his office where there's a painting but I can't seem to select it.
Did I miss something that let's my characters "notice" the painting is interact-able?
Sorry for question spamming, I have just managed to get very lost and don't want to restart.
>>
Why wouldn't you wait two days?
>>
>>381346338
It's kind of a bitch, just hang out close with your highest perception character and it should pop up at some point. Perception potions or buffs (like burn my eyes) should help you spot it
>>
>>381345747
Played it 3 times in SP.
Honestly I can't immagine how to play this in co-op on highest difficulty with another person, unless it's a clone of me and thinks exactly the same.
Having 4 party memebers you can control is nice, it gives you lots of options on how to mess with different spell combos and builds.

One protip: have at least 1 of your guys blacksmithing and crafting at 5.
Crafted weapons and armor are almost always superior since you can make more powerful ones with every levelup.
>>
could have been a great game with a decent setting and an involving story. The thing is so generic that you don't have any drive to play it

Also, if the combat was quicker it would be perfect, but the slow ass animations take forever.
>>
File: 20170621113747_1.jpg (215KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170621113747_1.jpg
215KB, 1366x768px
>>381346480
Is this it?
>>
>>381346935
Yep
>Daughter of the Bear
>Brohan
Great taste btw
>>
>>381346935
Hol up, playing enhanced edition? I think they changed it from a perception check to throwing that switch you're next to in the picture
>>
>>381344886
The best crpg combat
The worst crpg writing/story
>>
File: 20170621114652_1.jpg (242KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170621114652_1.jpg
242KB, 1366x768px
>>381347197
>>381347116
Holy fuck.
Thanks guys, this had me scratching my head and I didn't even notice the lever.
>>
>>381347390
>I didn't even notice the lever
It's a huge fucking lever, dude
>>
Best coop game I've played in recent years. My roommate and I have similar play styles so we can setup battles for each other's turns for MAXIMUM DAMAGE. Writing is shit, feels like Joey Tribbiani went crazy with a thesaurus.
>>
I believe this is one of the best RPG's until the end of the game, at this point it becomes a little too easy(for me) and the story becomes generic(for me).
>>
>>381347492
My display is dark. The picture seemed to be the most obvious thing to me.
>>
>>381344886
A h&s shitfest that is "fun" only with a non-retarded friend, just like literally any coop game. Otherwise, it's shit.
>>
>>381348064
Show me on the doll where Swen touched you.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.