[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Capcom the worst, most dishonest game company ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: capcom.jpg (66KB, 800x277px) Image search: [Google]
capcom.jpg
66KB, 800x277px
Capcom is perhaps the worst company in vidya, I mean how many time have they screwed other companies and over their own consumers? First it was the deal they made with Nintendo for 5 exclusive games on the Gamecube, they later ported them all to PS2. Then it was Monster Hunter, a series that was always on Playstation, everyone was thinking they would release the next one on the Vita, but they betray Sony and release it on 3DS. Then they bury stuff that everybody loves and wants like Okami, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Strider, Ghouls'n'Ghosts etc. Then they go on to fuck their on games by making Street Fighter V, Resident Evil V, VI and VII Marvel vs Capcom shit. Then they go to betray Nintendo once again by releasing the next mainline Monster Hunter on PS4. Then the don't even aswer the fans who ask for more footage or anything about Deep Down.

This is a company that gives no fucks about ethics or the satisfaction of their consumers. Why are we still buying their games? Why are other companies still making business with them?

The only good thing it seems is that all their current games are underperforming.
>>
Bad thread.
>>
No, they aren't the worst,not even close.

They are simply incredibly incompetent. Which is why people shit on them so much, because they're really bad at hiding their bullshit.

If you want truly awful companies, look no further than publishers such as Activision. Who do shit such as slowly introduce microtransactions into their games, because they know that if they do it overnight people will get pissed; they're masters at avoiding controversy.
>>
>>381345376
Well, maybe you're right, but they are definitely one of the worst to do business with seeing as how many times they've screwed over those deals.
>>
>Capcom betrayed everyone

C'mon, these guys aren't as soulless as Konami with their own IPs. Even if they take their fans for granted an mock them like shit, it's not like every other company does that eventually. It makes money when they take a good franchise back from the grave just to make money with the tears of their nostalfags. Metroid is the current one.
>>
>>381344541
You are just realizing that now?
>>
>>381346009
I'm going to laugh so fucking hard when this new 2d Metroid turns out to be shit (Just see who's developing it and how many casual things they've implemented in the game).

This Metroid Prime 4 also has potential to be shit cause it's being made by a newly formed inexperienced team on Nintendo and some rumors say that it's being developed by Next Level Games, which did the shit Federation Force. Either way, things are no looking good, I don't get all the hype around the games seeing as how they are being developed.
>>
>>381344541
>Then it was Monster Hunter, a series that was always on Playstation, everyone was thinking they would release the next one on the Vita, but they betray Sony and release it on 3DS.
Are you aware that before the 3DS it came, in this order, on PC, Xbox 360 and Wii?
>>
File: 1497538773057.png (1018KB, 809x829px) Image search: [Google]
1497538773057.png
1018KB, 809x829px
>>381344541
I agree, Capcom IS most dishonest
>>
>>381346407
We're talking mainline, relevant entries here, not shit like Tri (which have little content) or spin offs.

And everyone was hoping for MH4 to be on the Vita, even after the announcement everyone was certain there would be a port. But they gave the middle finger to everyone.
>>
>>381346371
>OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR [Game] TO FAIL SO I CAN SHITPOST ABOUT IT ON /v/!
I want Summer to be over
>>
>>381344541
The main problem with Capcom nowadays is incompetence, not dishonesty.
>>
>>381346876
They literally betrayed everyone company they have made exclusivity deals with. Just you wait for Super Street Fighter V to be released on XONE and it will be one more betrayalton to the list.
>>
>>381347115
I would laugh forever if SFV was released on Xbone
>>
>>381346612
Im not gonna buy your games TODD fuck you!
>>
OP, did you forget Konami and EA exist?

Capcom is bad, but not Konami bad.
>>
>>381344541
No.

Buy theyre one of the most egregious for being utter cunts in the modern day,
>>
File: 1497540629355.jpg (43KB, 600x636px) Image search: [Google]
1497540629355.jpg
43KB, 600x636px
>>381347290
Care to repeat?
>>
>>381346751
Should I be an hypocrite and say that I want every game from Nintendo to succeed? This is a company that abandoned its own current gen hardware in less than 5 years because of its sales. They don't give a fuck about their consumers. Now they decided to create Metroid games again but being developed by trash companies like MercurySteam or inexperienced teams.

So yeah, I want their games to fail and would be glad if they dropped the hardware industry, unless they start giving a fuck about their fans, their buyers and stop making practices that hurt the industry like microtransactions, paid online, DLC, Toys with DLCs etc
>>
>>381347426
>THEY CLEARLY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR FANS, WHICH IS WHY THEY'RE MAKING TWO METROID GAMES, TAKING THE RISK OF CREATING NEW IPS, AND TRYING TO GUARANTEE THAT THEIR FIRST YEAR IS A SUCCESS BY RELEASING A STRONG LAUNCH LINEUP
Whatever you say Summerfag
>>
>>381347574
Are all your arguments really going to be a single line with the majority being irony and ad hominems? If that's all you have to say, then I'm sorry, but I'm not the "Summerfag" here, kiddo.
>>
>>381347365
But if you kill me im not gonna buy your games
>>
File: 1497546009234.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497546009234.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
>>381347760
Do not underestimate what I am capable of
>>
>>381347707
>kiddo
Holy fuck man, you fucking told me. Guess you win because you called me a kiddo.
Go back to /r/eddit
>>
File: 0548bd_6299383.jpg (206KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
0548bd_6299383.jpg
206KB, 1400x788px
>>381344541
They put Monster Hunter back on to a console. I forgive all their previous transgressions.
>>
>>381347863
You've been calling me/implying that the whole thread you fucking autistic brat.
>>
>>381347863
Pssh, nothing personel kiddo
>>
>>381347940
Just you wait until Monster Hunter World fails to sell 5 million worldwide and less than 1 million on Japan and they forget about console MH games forever.
>>
>>381346625
Tri was literally Monster Hunter 3, it's as mainline as you can get
>>
>>381347853
Not even GOD TODD will make me buy skyrim
>>
>>381348050
I'll still get my Monster Hunter on console, if it fails and they go back to handheld i'll still buy them.
>>
>>381348050
Where do you take the 5 millions sales? your ass?
>>
>>381348236
But it had shit content. It's more comparable to a spin off than a mainline. 3U is more of a proper MH game though.
>>
File: 1495810697993.jpg (190KB, 595x474px) Image search: [Google]
1495810697993.jpg
190KB, 595x474px
>>381348237
I don't know who you are, or where you are, but I will find you, and I will MAKE YOU BUY MY GAMES
>>
>>381348305
>They'll fuck over me a lot of times but I'll still buy their games whichever console they are because I'm an idiot.
>>
>>381348050
>5 million worldwide
No monster hunter has ever even topped this since Portable 3rd. Those are ridiculous numbers.

I expect 2-3M, if it goes higher it's a worthwhile success for them.
>>
>>381348237
>not GODD HOWARD
>>
>>381348390
It's my favourite franchise, the only reason I own anything Nintendo.
>>
>>381344541

Capcoms been shit for awhile friend. Their only really good series is Ace Attorney, even then they only localize the main games now, not the other ones fans want

They are just a husk stuck in needing money to survive.

You can see bits of the good stuff but they are a long shot from the days of Viewtiful Joe and the arcade classics they thrived on

Street Fighter V and Mahvel Infinite look like they play great but they have so many cut backs and lazy development choices present in them. It's fucking gross
>>
>>381348317
But that's how Monster Hunter works, the first game in a gen has historically had little content, and that gets expanded upon as the generation goes on. Portable 3rd and 3U are essentially 3 with extra content, they're expansion packs.
>>
>>381348379
I got your games for free
>>
>>381348423
HAHAHAHHA. Monster Hunter is a 3kk ~ 4kk franchise on Portables in Japan alone. They don't want 2kk~3kk, they want at least 4kk with MHW. Please, don't fool yourself, Capcom is a company that has high expectations for all of their games. They expect Resident Evil VII for example to sell 10 million and MHXX to sell more than 2 million in Japan. They are definitely aiming for really big numbers on Monster Hunter World, especially seeing other action games being successful such as Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1495705569227.png (419KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
1495705569227.png
419KB, 600x610px
>>381348847
You...you what!?
>>
>>381344541
>worst company ever
>has given us dozens of great games over the span of decades
>Dragon's Dogma was not that long ago and was good, RE7 was good, MonHun World looks good
Nah. Eat shit OP.
>>
>>381348305
>if it fails and they go back to handheld
That's not how Capcom operates. They'll just shelf it when it fails.
>>
>>381348972
I even modded the android game with all those free lunch packs thanks TODDY
>>
>>381348887
>kk
just type m for million you retarded turtle
>>
No. You're just mad they win by doing nothing.
>>
File: IMG_0428.png (35KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0428.png
35KB, 600x360px
>>381344541
>>
>>381349058
Monster Hunter is their biggest franchise and what keeps them alive. They aren't going to "shelf it". But it would be really funny it Nintendo suddenly decides to forbid Capcom from releasing Monster Hunter games on the Switch after their betrayalton, that would really fuck them, I'm sure Yamauchi would have done that if he was alive.
>>
>another reddit kappa thread
>>
>>381344541
Is this the new way nintenshills are going shitpost about their asspain for monhun?

Capcom is not a good company, but keep in mind, they don't owe Nintendo anything. They made a deal, they followed through with the deal until completion. Then they moved on to what business they wanted to move onto. They didn't betray Nintendo. The contract time is up. No company should/needs to hold allegiance to one fucking platform. It's better for game devs to have multiple outlets to sell their goods and they make more profit that way.
>>
>>381348423
They're skipping out on at least that many sales by not selling on Switch AND the development budget is ten times higher than the PS2-tier assets they've been using this far. 2-3 million would be a fucking disaster.
>>
File: Kimi.jpg (43KB, 545x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kimi.jpg
43KB, 545x576px
>>381349297
Based yakuza man might go there.
>>
>>381349470
But they've also betrayed Sony multiple times you fucking retard, I even metioned that in the OP. I literally don't give a fuck about Nintendo, their new toy and your shitty opinion, imbecile.
>>
>>381344541
t. Mega Manchild
>>
File: 1492770448802.jpg (57KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
1492770448802.jpg
57KB, 600x478px
>>381344541
>Capcom betrays other companies
You have no idea how the video game industry works do you? They are making contracts about projects and exclusivities with companies but when those expire they have every right to do whatever they want with their IPs.

As for their recent years Capcom is pretty low on budget. They didn't even had the money for SFV before Sony started somewhat funding it. People shouldn't be surprised when some of their games don't reach the same content or graphics as their decade old titles or that Capcom is ignoring their lesser popular IPs in favor of their more popular ones.
>>
>>381348390
>giving everyone a game they want, even if it's a one shot deal, is fucking people over
You have a twisted perception of things.
>>
>>381350365
That's quite obvious and don't contradict anything in the OP...
>>
>>381349297
That would really fuck nintendo,see how well it went with the nintendo 64,also we are not limited to 1 or 3 consoles anymore,they could keep releasing in other consoles or pc the only thing who wouldnt give a shit or be still buthurtt about it would be nintendo fans.
>>
>>381349297
That would make Yamauchi a juvenile idiot.
>>
>>381344541
Capcom dont belong to any of those companies so why should they just stick to one? they go to the one who pay better.
>>
File: Sony Playstationwagon.png (183KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Sony Playstationwagon.png
183KB, 500x377px
They're stupid, but they're not evil. The development teams are great though, which is why it's such a shame that their business half are dumb.
Again, they're certainly not evil. I would never put them among EA, Square Enix, or Bobby Kotick. They want GTA sales, and they're not afraid to admit it, even though they'll never get it.

Nintendo is the most dishonest company by default since they've spent approximately 15 years fine-tuning the marketing machine to perfection
>>
>>381350684
>First it was the deal they made with Nintendo for 5 exclusive games on the Gamecube etc...
if they really made a contract with Nintendo about actual exclusivity they couldn't have done that otherwise they would have to face lawsuit

They can't "screw" other companies over even if they wanted to
>>
>>381344541

Bitch all you want

Capcom fighters are still pulling the most viewers

MH World is gonna sell millions just for being the first major console MH in forever

Nothing you do matters
>>
>>381350854
It wouldn't hurt Nintendo as much as it would hurt Capcom. Monster Hunter is only big because it's portable, if Capcom is somehow forbidden to release MH on the biggest portable on the market, then they would be fucked, and even more so if Monster Hunter World fails to reach at the very least four million worldwide. They could always release their own handhelds though or create one with Sony, but I doubt they would be as successful as the Switch even if they had exclusive Monster Hunter games.

But it's not going to happen, the chances of Nintendo fucking with Capcom are very slim. There's probably already a new MH in development for Switch as we speak right now.
>>
>>381350949
He did it with Final Fantasy and any Square Enix's franchise back in the day. Then Square begged to release their games on the GBA and Yamauchi said it would only be possible if they released an exclusive Final Fantasy on the Gamecube, thus Final Fantasy Christal Chronicles was created.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.