[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SFV any good from a complete casual perspective?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: sfv.jpg (603KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sfv.jpg
603KB, 1920x1080px
Is SFV any good from a complete casual perspective?
>>
Single player content sucks and you have to grind out the ass to unlock anything. Game was catered towards tourny fags.

Hell no.
>>
>>381343473
grind for characters or cosmetic shit?

I have no problem unlocking things over time, as long as I don't have to pay out the nose for core characters.
>>
>>381343163
Absolutely not. Play Injustice or Mortal Kombat if you're a fighting game casual, netherealm games have much more content for singplayer.
>>
>>381343163
It's the most casual fight game out there so yea but then again what piece of trashvomit don't casuals defend once they get into it?
I swear they could play their first videogame ever and defend it religiously because they had "fun" with it due to lack of better judgement
>>
how do you fuck up Street Fighter THIS bad
>>
Its only good for a rental as far as casual goes

Competitive wise it has a semi active online community but the servers still suck and seem to only get worse somehow.
>>
it's the perfect game for casuls.
>>
>>381343163
the game was released to cater to tourneyfags but the gameplay was developed to cater to casuals

it's a fucking mess
>>
>>381343823
For both
>>
File: wlxmd36lyt3z.jpg (453KB, 942x1441px) Image search: [Google]
wlxmd36lyt3z.jpg
453KB, 942x1441px
SFV isn't a good game from anybody's perspective.

>>381343823
>I have no problem unlocking things over time, as long as I don't have to pay out the nose for core characters.
You get "Fight Money" which is Capcom funbux (there's no way to buy more with real money btw) and you get Fight Money by beating a character's story mode, beating all their challenges, beating a survival mode difficulty for the first time as them, finishing the real story mode on normal and again on hard, playing ranked online, and doing daily challenges.

You will get enough FM from the base game to buy like 4 DLC characters, then you get to grind daily challenges for 2k FM, and get 50 ~ 150 for every fight.

A character costs 100,000

Or, you know, you can buy them outright for the low low price of $5.99 :^)

Then there are costumes you can buy with FM, but they're shitty story mode costumes that barely change your characters (but ironically, Ken's story mode costume is his best one). For the real costumes, you again, get to shill out $6 for each one.

I could honestly talk all day about the trillions of other problems the game has besides how expensive everything is, but just take it from literally anyone in the FGC, SFV is shit and nobody should be supporting this anymore. The only reason it's played as much as it is would be because Capcom keeps throwing money at it, and nobody wants to be the lame tournament that's running the old Street Fighter instead of the new one, despite the fact that as each day passes, more and more people are wishing for USFIV to come back

If you, as a complete casual, want a fighting game to jump into, try out Tekken 7 (Tekken is a great casual fighter), anything from NRS like Injustice 2 or Mortal Kombat X (Their games aren't really taken the most seriously at a competitive level, but again, as a casual, their story modes and single player content are 11/10), or wait for Dragon Ball FighterZ to save fighting games
>>
>>381343163
No it's only good from a a scrub perspective. Like if you played sf4 a lot but could never get past like 2000PP because you are so incompetent.
>>
>>381345637
Thanks anon, not OP but this is exactly what I wanted to know too.

Guess I'll wait for the rumored Super SFV version unless Steam has season 1 bundled with it this sale.
>>
>>381345637
Those character prices sound absurd for a game that supposedly also has a small character pool to begin with.
>>
>>381347810
It is. Meanwhile you can get MXKL that has like 32 characters for $10 or even less used now and it only released a year earlier.

>inb4NRSbitching
>>
>>381343163
Yes, it's great. Nothing stops you from getting together with your other casual buddy and playing matches on the couch.
>>
>>381344794
when it comes to gameplay not content.
>>
>>381347810
The entire concept of SFV was absurd. It was launched as an early access game to rush it out in time for EVO, Capcom tried to downplay how it was missing literally EVERYTHING except local vs. and online lobbies (and the lobbies could only support two people for the first month or two) by saying that the early launch was for tournament players, and the rest of the content would come in naturally over time.

Two years later, and we have fucking nothing. Don't forget to buy the new slutty Chun-Li costume for $6 though! She needs more! Ignore that other characters who are easily as sexy as Chun-Li exist and have barely any costumes, we need to make her tan and dress her up like a Latino hooker from the early 90's!
>>
That... depends. If you want to mess around with the game on your own, if you want a ton of features, it's not for you.

On the other hand; if you want to play fighting games for the fighting game part, then I can not imagine a better 2D fighting game for someone new to the genre. The game's combat system strikes the perfect bullseye in the triangle between accessability, complexity and enjoyment. Ao id that's what you want out of a fighting game, then look up the various resources online (look up Street Fighter IV resources as well if you need certain explenations) and go for it!

And don't listen to anybody that tells you that the game needs an arcade stick: Street Fighter V was designed with controllers in mind.
>>
>>381347810
Indeed, meanwhile Tekken 7 launched with just shy of 40 characters and Harada said that legacy DLC characters will be free (we'll see if he sticks to that though)
>>
File: YTRlu5r.gif (170KB, 800x336px) Image search: [Google]
YTRlu5r.gif
170KB, 800x336px
Why did graphics in games become worse over the time?
>>
>>381349025
Because the only 3D fighters Capcom ever put effort into were Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and it doesn't exactly take a lot of effort to completely cell shade your games to hide ugly models and textures.
>>
>>381343163
It's great for noobs. Not so great after you have spend more than 100 hrs.
>>
>>381343163
just buy tekken 7 please, thats a full game
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.