[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gimmie new sam pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

>Serious Sam classics revolution
>Serious Sam HD
>Serious Sam HD VR
>SERIOUS SAM FUSION
>Serious Sam: pixelshit
WHEN DOES IT END
>>
Pixelshit? What.
>>
>>381341630
Serious Sam's Bogus Detour, announced at E3.
>>
>>381341879
Wew that looks like shit
>>
>>381342024
im downloading it right now, people gave it good reviews and had 20+ hours in so maybe they did good.
>>
>>381342142
>not even developed by croteam

Who fucking cares, give us Serious Sam 4
>>
>>381342024
Looks and plays a lot better than I expected but both aspects also have the issues I feared it would end up with.
The mapping and tile design has this basic and amateurish RPG Maker feel to it, you know, where every door is facing downwards, all the cliffs and tile borders are at a 90° angle and trees are the same thing copypasted over and over.
And as for gameplay, enemies are so far almost always positioned in a large cluster that starts rushing towards you and ends up as a beeline for you to mow down - no flanking enemies (despite NETRICSA mentioning that the Gnaars would do that) or some sneaking up from behind.
However, I love that increasing the difficulty actually changes enemies like turning (almost) harmless crabs into murderous beasts, giving enemies different weapons, etc. and some of the secrets are pretty clever.
>>
>>381342740
>no flanking enemies
Be a man and pull out the shotgun once in a while.
>>
>>381342740
I am having fun with it, but it feels unnecesarily hard at times.

I don't really like how the cannon doesn't kill Major Biomechanoids or Scrapjacks in two hits but leaves them with just a little bit of health left.

Also what's the fucking point of the Tommygun and Single Shotgun, they get replaced even more quickly than the previous games here.
>>
>>381343117
I mean that the ENEMIES don't do that and end up in one straight line for you to gun down.
>>
>>381343154
>Single Shotgun
It can one-hit kleers with the right upgrades.
>>
>>381342740
Im on the first level but based on trying survival mode, the level design and enemy placement should get better
>>
>>381343536
Yeah but if you upgrade the spread/distance perk and get the rapid reload, it's pretty much the same thing for double damage, and I rarely ran out of ammo for that thing
>>
Am I retarded or how do you get 100% kills in the original two games (TFE/TSE) ? There's always 4 or so enemies missing at the end of each map although I discover all the secrets.
>>
>>381343984
could be that
a)some of the triggers are kinda bugged
b)normal items that trigger enemy spawns
c)the old level design trick of making some things deliberately impossible to get so people spend more time in the level to look for them
>>
>>381341508
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>381342402
Yet still somehow better than Serious Sam 3?
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/app/564310/discussions/0/135513901708280847/

>We are, however, planning a Serious Sam 2 Reboot which will be a new game loosely based on Serious Sam 2, with new elements and with an art style and story more similar to SSHD and SS3.
PLEASE JUST STOP
>>
>>381345538
On the one hand, I get they want to bring all their stuff forward and unify it with better tech, but on the other hand, they're really clinging to the old stuff bad, I want to see what new bullshit they can do.
>>
>>381344945
headless freak
>>
Any other opinions on the new game?
It looks neat, but I'm wondering if I should spend my bucks on that or wait for the fuckin' steam sale tommorrow
>>
>>381345538
>We are, however, planning a Serious Sam 2 Reboot which will be a new game loosely based on Serious Sam 2, with new elements and with an art style and story more similar to SSHD and SS3.

YOU CAN'T EVEN GET YOUR FUCKING SS3 PORT UP, FFS.
>>
>>381347512
Considering its new, I doubt the sale will go any lower than it is right now. I bought it to fund SS4 and not regretting it so far. Although I wish it had a save system, but maybe thats just me being a baby...
>>
>>381341508
I'm getting a vibe that with CroTeam having no publisher but being an indie studio of laidback Croats with their one wonderful baby, they don't really have a push to release anything else, they just sit there cutting off coupons off of Serious Sam and getting nice cash from it in the end even if it's probably not rivalling AAA titles.

There are very few companies (Stardock is one) which could really use a publisher to kick their ass a tiny bit.
>>
Why there is so much non-croteam SS games?
>>
>>381348410
Double D, Random Encounter and Kamikaze Attack were made to promote BFE, Bogus Detour was made to hold people over until SS4.
>>
>>
>>381345538
I'm pretty sure they aren't going to fucking release it before Serious Sam 4, if they do, they would be absolute fucking psychopaths.
>>
>>381350112
They mentioned doing SS2 remage after SS4, but who knows? They have all the assets, they can just port it over to SS3 engine, make it feel like real SS game and ask for money
>>
Is Bogus Detour actually canon?
Some of the lore in it like how the Orcs from SS2 are mutated Zorgs is pretty neat.
>>
FYI, I got all the Serious Sam HD games for 3 bucks together on Steam today
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.