[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good if I like Bioshock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Prey_box_shot.jpg (762KB, 1527x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_box_shot.jpg
762KB, 1527x2178px
Is this game any good if I like Bioshock?
>>
>>381339547
I think so, yes
>>
>>381339547
its too advanced for you if you actually like bioshit
>>
>>381339547
yes.
>>
It's a massively improved version of Bioshock in space.
It's a weaker System Shock 2 by a sizable portion too.
>>
Just on bioshock, i want to like it but the gameplay and shooting sucks. Does it get better?
>>
>>381340596
shooting sucks but you're supposed to use all the powers aswell, they're quite fun when used creatively
>>
this games is f* boring
>>
>>381340975
>f*
>>
>>381340678
I should probably give it another shot then, little things like the subtitles being too small annoyed me but the atmosphere is cool.
>>
>>381339547
There's probably no hope for you in general if you like Bioshock.

...but hey, maybe this will get you to appreciate good games like System Shock 2
>>
>>381339547
>ITT people shitting on Bioshock
Why? People always throw around words like 'casualized' and 'consolized' but the games had a pretty nice deal of freedom in how you wanted to play and a decent enough variety for it to feel different. I think people forget just how shitty melee-only runs were without Psionics or how overpowered standard guns were compared to the rest.

Bioshock Infinite is still garbage though.
>>
>>381341739
>I think people forget just how shitty melee-only runs were without Psionics or how overpowered standard guns were compared to the rest.
*in System Shock 2
>>
>>381341739
Because they're nostalgiafags, or contrarians.
I fucking hated SS 1 and 2. They didn't age well at all
>>
>>381339547
probably, but I like it a lot more than bioshock. the only thing that could've made prey better is more enemy variety or more interesting enemy design
>>
>>381341739
Summerfags trying to be edgy
>>
>>381342056
Wrong. I played Bioshock first, thought it was totally hollow and couldn't put my finger on why. Then I played System Shock 2 and saw what was missing.

SS1 is dated as fuck, but SS2 stands tall to this day.
>>
>>381342430
As I said before
>>381342056
>Because they're nostalgiafags, or contrarians.

Don't even try to argue.
>>
It's better than Bioshock and closer to SS2.
I wouldn't say it's as good a SS2 because SS2 is more focused on survival/horror which I like better and Prey is less of a challenge.
But Prey did world building better than SS2. It just feels like a coherent space station.
>>
File: head.jpg (48KB, 450x442px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
48KB, 450x442px
>>381340441
>It's a weaker System Shock 2 by a sizable portion too.
Thats what bioshock is though
>>
i vomited after 15 minutes in this game and uninstalled
>>
>>381342430
>Then I played System Shock 2 and saw what was missing.
Again, what exactly is that much different? Most of Psionics and O/S upgrades do practically nothing, and are covered with Plasmids and Gene Tonics anyways, and most of the weapons are useless as well. The only thing I could say SS2 has still is its level design, but its enemy's aren't even all that great either.
>>
>>381341739
anons just like to parrot what they've heard from others
>>
>>381342676
I thought it was nice that Prey let you explore a lot more than in any other System Shock wannabe. It totally bypassed the whole "enter new subsector and everything in front of you locks" bullshit.
>>
>>381341739
Bioshock Infinite was a pretty fun Halo, if you ask me.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.