[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly was the plot from pic related trying to convey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: The_Evil_Within.png (743KB, 764x828px) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within.png
743KB, 764x828px
What exactly was the plot from pic related trying to convey? I honestly spent like 75% of the game thinking they were going to pull a "nothing is real" twist on me, like I thought that the characters n shit were all just a dream instead of the real guys. Talk about convoluted stuff
>>
File: 1498050135951.jpg (445KB, 1280x1677px) Image search: [Google]
1498050135951.jpg
445KB, 1280x1677px
>>381335317
You are connected to a machine called STEM, created by Ruvik where multiple people's consciousness are linked together. Ruvik is a crazy mofo tho and tortures and kills everyone in the STEM.

The organisation that funded Ruvik in making the STEM wants to take control of the machine and sends people in to kill Ruvik and secure Leslie who is also compatible as being the next host.

In the end you seemingly kill Ruvik but by this time he already used Leslie as a host to get out of the STEM.
>>
>>381335317
It wasn't trying to "convey" anything. It's just a horror story about freaky shit.
>>
>>381335317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZsY2GyWfM
>>
>>381336350
How exactly did all those people get trapped in the machine? Including Sebastian
>>
>>381335317
I loathed this game on my first playthrough, basically because it wasn´t old survival horror and its misleading marketing campaing which said the game was for true survival horror fans.

Now that the dust has settle I'm replaying it again and I have to say that I'm really enyoing it. I'm analazing the game for what it is and the gameplay mechanics are pretty solid. It's a kinda challeging game in some specific sections. Also, the game it's third person which is rare nowadays, even more rare now.

Though I have say that the story is fucking clumsy and shitty, don't even bother. Maybe the story gets better in the dlcs which I'll buy now. Don't like that the characters are so flashy hero over the top thing. Mikami should have write more believable characters like Leon and Claire in RE2.
>>
>>381337943
written* sorry.
>>
>>381337102
Kidman worked for them since the beggining, Sebastian and Joseph probably got kidnapped during the investigation at the hospital (that the organisation organised for them) OR get connected to the STEM via it's new vireless version (tho they were still put into the bathtubes later)
>>
>>381335317
Is this game any good? It looks to me that it's more like late Mikami games than true survival horror.
>>
>>381337943
>Also, the game it's third person which is rare nowadays, even more rare now

??????
>>
>>381339145
It's "true" survival horror. A lot of the kiddies who got it were expecting a RE4 type game where you just gun your way through the game and they threw a fit when they found out the game was about managing scarce ammunition and surviving.
>>
>>381339410
I meant for action/horror type of games.
>>
File: tew-21841.gif (1MB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
tew-21841.gif
1MB, 450x250px
>>381339145
Just watch some videos and then decide whether or not you want to play the game. Asking if it's good here, all you are going to get are people that loved it and telling you play it and people that didn't saying not to play it.
>>
File: 1497961607953.jpg (202KB, 1002x583px) Image search: [Google]
1497961607953.jpg
202KB, 1002x583px
>evil within 2 still uses idtech 5
>>
>>381339410
i think he meant it for horror games
>>
>>381339678
They confirmed it? I haven't played any other idtech 5 games, are they usually poorly optimized?
>>
>>381339617
>>381339757

Well I wouldnt say 3rd person is rare for action/horror games. I'd say it's 1/1 or maybe even 2/1 in favor of 3rd person action/horror games
>>
>>381339663
I saw some videos and I'm still confused. The scarce amunition system looks more like The Last of Us than RE1 and for what I've seen the game has stages with no backtracking or anything.
>>
>>381339795
It looks exactly like the first but with slightly better lighting and since they confirmed that they use Id Tech it's pretty sure that they use 5 instead of 6.

So it'll not only be poorly optimized, but look like shit as well.
>>
>>381340175
The new Wolfenstein is using Id Tech 6 and it looks the exact same.

There isn't that big a gap between 5 and 6 it seems, it's just how its utilized.
>>
File: tew27-laura064ns52.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tew27-laura064ns52.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
>>381340138
I have a write up that I usually post for the question if you are interested.
>>381340175
It ooks more like the problem is the grain filter then used. It looks much better in motion. It's the same problem Batman Arkham knight had. Great art style but the grain filter blurs the picture.
>>
File: tobchap5_image1_zip.jpg (234KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tobchap5_image1_zip.jpg
234KB, 1280x720px
>>381340430
>The new Wolfenstein is using Id Tech 6 and it looks the exact same.

Are you blind?
>>
>>381339145
>Is this game any good?
Yes but a few things you should be wary of. Optimization is garbage, and the opening sequence/tutorial is very different from the rest of the game.
>>
>>381337102

The power of the machine and the person connected to it can draw in consciousness of those in the area. It takes a powerful psychic like Ruvic or Leslie to gather those consciousness into their minds, the machines just make it easier and more compatible. If I remember right, patients had to be on certain drugs and nearby for the wireless absorption to happen but it seems it did cause the people at the mental institution were murdered in the real world at the start.

Until it's made 100% clear it could be both, since the host that emits the brain waves that draws others in and causes the events of their mind to leak into the real world.
>>
>>381335317
autistic people aren't to be trusted

honestly i think it's about the horror of being retarded. How do mentally retarded people see the world? How terrifying an it be to them?
>>
File: wolf.webm (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
wolf.webm
3MB, 480x320px
>>381340430
lighting is much better in 6
>>
>>381342265
When does autistic/mentally retarded = psychotic?
>>
>>381342421
maybe always?
>>
File: 1497052309224.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497052309224.png
708KB, 640x640px
>>381339145
Just pirate it and buy it if you'll like it.

>>381335317
Basically:
>Kidman works for the organization and leads Sebastian and that second guy to the hospital
>They get kidnapped and connected to the machine
>Everything inside is basically a represantion of Ruvik's mind (Everyone sees events that happen inside differently, nothing that happens is literally happening but rather their brain's interpretation of it as shown in Kidman DLC)
>Even if you disconnect someone from the machine a copy of them stays in the host's (in this case Ruvik's) brain
>After some time mind of people inside get twisted and turned into monsters representing their traits (Each boss is actually a human that used to be or is currently connected to a machine, for example there is a boss that's basically multiple people connected to each other and it's a person that had multiple personalities)
>At the end when Ruvik grabs Leslie and Leslie disappears it's actually Ruvik leaving his own brain and transfering his counciousness to Leslie's body
>And that's also why from the moment it happens you suddenly get OP as fuck (Things constatly working in your favor like an RPG or machinegun just falling near you), beacuse no one controls it anymore, no one really tries to kill you, (as I said everything that happens inside is just an interpretation made by your brain trying to make a logical sense of everything happening) so the moment Ruvik disappears nothing can kill you, that's why you suddenly get lucky as fuck and constantly get the most OP shit possible
>After you get out of the machine you meet backup that was sent there since you and your team disappeared after going to a crime scene
I like the story since it seems like such a retarded clusterfuck at first (beacuse that's the point) and it turns out to actually make sense.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is that despite the police covering the hospital everyone ignored Ruvik in Leslie's body just leaving the place.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.