[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R before which one should I buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 21617-stalker-clear-sky-1920x108.jpg (425KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
21617-stalker-clear-sky-1920x108.jpg
425KB, 1920x1080px
I've never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R before which one should I buy?
>>
File: 1495921047960.png (289KB, 418x615px) Image search: [Google]
1495921047960.png
289KB, 418x615px
Why do you keep making these threads?
>>
>>381333375
>>Buy
>>Paying for goods with unlimited supply

Just pirate all of them and enjoy
>>
>>381333514
I don't, I didn't even realize someone was. I don't even want a discussion just tell me which one I should fucking buy.
>>
>>381333667
Buy SoC and CoP if you liked SoC. Clear Sky isn't really worth it.
>>
>>381333905
>not buying clear sky to enjoy the mod masterpiece that is REBORN
>>
>>381334494
>implying Lost Alpha for SoC isn't better, let alone any other one

Clear sky sucks. Even the one with 3 classes on CoP is better
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>381333375
>>381333667
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
File: CS Swamps fishing camp evening.jpg (466KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CS Swamps fishing camp evening.jpg
466KB, 1920x1200px
>>381334759
>>381333905
vanilla CS is miles better than vanilla CoP, and CoP doesn't really have good mods either.

The Faction War 3.x > Call Of Chernobyl.
>>
CoP is much easier to get into. Play SoC second.
>>
>>381333375

Start with shadow of chernobyl nigga its the first game, then Clear sky then call of pripyat. You might want to play it without mods first, they don't have many bugs with latest patches, except Clear sky which still has a fuckton but not very game breaking.

There's also fan patches taht work really well, one of them I think was ZRP.

Also, the "complete" series of mods advertise themselves as "VANILLA 2.0" but really they just turn the game into call of duty with enemies dying in 3 shots while you die in 30 and you can kill enemies from 300 meters with a PMM.

And don't listen to vg facts telling you that master is the hardest difficulty. Master is factually the easiest difficulty after novice because the damage bump ends up affecting your enemies more than you
>>
>>381335445
>playing a trilogy out of order
why the fuck would anyone do this??
even more so since CoP is the finale of the series + designed for Stalker veterans. Even if it is the most underwhelming and easy game of the bunch.
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636KB, 986x897px) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636KB, 986x897px
>>381333375
No need to BUY any of them anymore, as the old devs are long gone, and you kinda benefit from pirating, as you can then patch the games to whatev version you wish (handy for some older, big mods).

That being said, grab the first one, and start playing. Don't be one of those morons who ragequit 15 minutes into the game just because they can't aim for shit and try to Rambo like in Cowadooteh games.
>>
>>381333375
call of pripyat.
>>
buy all of them play all of them mod all of them after
>>
Can you LAN or Co-op with a friend?

I might try and get my Roomate to check this out for me, we just got computers.
>>
>>381337842
No.
>>
>>381335720
>And don't listen to vg facts telling you that master is the hardest difficulty. Master is factually the easiest difficulty after novice because the damage bump ends up affecting your enemies more than you
>>
>>381333375
Start with the first one, play the sequel and then play the prequel if you still want more. Whatever you do always remember to bring more grenades than you need.
>>
>summer starts
>more stalker threads are posted
>>
>>381337842
nope, closest we'll get is ray of hope and that is standalone stuff.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.