[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8228.jpg (91KB, 693x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8228.jpg
91KB, 693x675px
Is it better to be a one-trick tank main or to flex if I want to climb out of mid/high plat?

Also overwatch thread. Hope you anons are enjoying moon Anubis
>>
>>381328523
One-trick tank main with one-trick support and DPS main friends. :)
>>
Start with one hero in each role, then practice until you're comfortable with two. That usually fills most teams.
>>
>>381330619
>>381330775
Okay, I'm pretty confident with DVA as a main, but I do switch to Winston if it's agreed that we need him over her.

My DPS of choice is probably soldier but I also like genji, I just feel less support for his skills at this skill level.

As for heals, I suck. I can play lucio on payload push maps but I don't really grasp the concept of support characters.

I love zenyatta but he's not good enough on heals for me to use much
>>
>>381331035
Even if your team needs certain heroes, don't play them if you can't play them. Winston is a good example for this. I've seen lots of people pick Winston because the team decided on a dive comb or to counter the enemy's Genji, only to then drop their barrier at the choke and poke with the rest of the team. At this point you are just a bad Reinhardt and you might as well switch to any other hero you can play better.

As for healing, well, you have to heal your team, basically. Don't get sidetracked by chasing enemies or trying to get kills. Play more defensively, stick to the rear end of your team's formation and help out whoever's in trouble. Also, very important: If the enemy dives you, don't run away from your team, run towards your team.

When playing Mercy, positioning is king because you always want to make sure to be somewhere where the enemy can't easily get you. With Ana you can be a bit more daring because you've got means to keep yourself alive and disable others, but you still need to remember that you're there to keep your team alive, not to kill the enemy.
>>
>>381328523
what are they doing?
>>
>>381331508
Wow that's good advice friend, it's basic stuff like general tips that have helped me improve the most. I realize being in high plat means I'm only mediocre and I'm trying to legitimately improve my game- which means having a better grasp on the basics. I'll spend some time honestly learning how to support.

>>381331593
Soldier's giving gabe the ol' in-out pokey sleepy time fun
>>
>>381332015
You're welcome. Also, for your initial question, it's better to learn multiple heroes than to focus on only one. I know some people who play one hero exclusively and managed to get into masters that way, but it doesn't make them a better player. If someone else picks their hero first and refuses to switch, then you're fucked. Not too mention that you don't have any options when the enemy team decides that you are the most dangerous threat and starts countering you.

Playing more heroes gives you more options, allows you to be flexible regarding your team's composition and helps you when playing against those heroes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.