[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 18

File: roadkill.png (636KB, 1012x779px) Image search: [Google]
roadkill.png
636KB, 1012x779px
How does /v/ feel about the Roadhog nerfs? Were they truly necessary?
(Don't post in the thread unless you're High SR) (Diamond+)
>>
>Buffs Reaper to good levels
>Nerfs a hero into a shield burster due to bitching

Seems silly.
>>
Blizzard eliminates one hit kills to appeal to more casuals that cry over dying to fast instead of getting good
>>
>>381321089
>were they truly necessary
maybe if they didnt buff reaper the same patch
the real cancer is d.va's defense matrix and pharah in general
>>
>>381321378
>the real cancer is d.va's defense matrix and pharah in general

not argue about D.Va but why do you think Phara is cancer?
>>
>>381321192
>Roadhog
>shield burster
that 3% damage increase over reload times doesn't help in that at all.

>>381321089
Deserved or not, I've not really noticed a large difference. I still one shot most anyone with a hook combo, anyone that I don't I still two shot, and two shot faster, and I can still one shot most characters with alt fire.
>>
File: reaper.jpg (180KB, 1911x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reaper.jpg
180KB, 1911x1080px
>>381321089
>Were they truly necessary?
Yes.

Lets talk about how broke this guy is now instead.
>>
>>381321736
winston and D.va were seriously OP, finally their counter is back
>>
>>381321089
He still can pull enemies into his team for a kill. Complete displacement is still a strong as fuck ability, and he can do it every 6 seconds.
>>
>>381321736
Is 40 extra HP over a fight really that over powering?
>>
>>381321512
im in low masters and no one can still deal with pharah mercy with an ana in the back
only very rarely do they get dealt with mccree/soldier and any other time is either a better pharah mercy or d.va and her defense matrix, which pisses me off even more
>>
>>381321089
>High SR
>Diamond

Get the fuck out of here, casual.
>>
>>381321925
Why is this combo so strong? i'm going to assume it is because mercy pocket heal pharah and since she is flying and spasming with pharah in the air, no one can kill her? Isn't the problem mercy then?
>>
>>381321870
Almost 25% of his total health. Yes. Hes a must pick dps now.
>>
>>381322118
He still dies in two shots, so I guess he really is a counter now.
>>
>>381321512
Phara has the highest wi rate in all tiers exept bronze.
>>
>>381322069
mercy is easy to deal with any other time she isn't with pharah
any other dps its whatever but with pharah it's suddenly god-tier
>>
>>381321089
As a top 10 percent player with a huge dick, I say his changes are ok.
>>
>>381322459
you already said that anon, but why is mercy broken with pharah
>>
>>381322674
The increased mobility would be my guess.
>>
>>381321089
They're balancing this game not around high level play, but around gold-plat shitters probably, which is not entirely incorrect if you want to make money.

This is why this game is in such a retarded state.

Tracer/Genji are balanced around them making mistakes, and when you really think about it, plat shitters make a lot of mistakes. It leads us to Tracer and Genji being extremely obnoxious to play against at high level of play (masters/grandmasters), simply because people there are competent. It's also probably the exact reason we have a dive meta - these two are just way too mobile and safe at the same time.

This is why Ana was allowed to dominate for like half a year, simply because if she was nerfed, plat shitters wouldn't be able to use this interesting(c) character.

I'm surprised they still didn't nerf symmetra, but I guess it's because she is situational enough.
>>
>>381321089

not necessary at all, he's my least played tank hero but people complaining about getting ''one-shot'' while standing around his LoS alone are shitters.

if anything the random right clicks gibbing flankers are more controversial, but even then it's a matter of not approaching the 600hp shotgun/hook wielding tank with a self-heal from his front.
>>
>>381321089
He's fine. He still does plenty of damage if you aim for heads. He'll probably get rebuffed a little, but the faster firing rate feels much better.

Maybe if they lowered hook CD since he can't 1 shot anymore
>>
>>381321529
>that 3% damage increase over reload times doesn't help in that at all.
It doesn't help. Roadhog now does 10% overall less damage and 30% less to armored targets. He was more of a shield buster before this, nevermind the fact that even Junkrat is more of a better shield buster than him.
>>
>>381321512

>takes half a team to bring down
>can kill her counters before they can kill her more often than not
>posterchild of the hero that carries shitter Mercy one-tricks through to GM

I wouldn't say she's OP, but her counters need a buff or something. I don't know why they completely neutered McCree's falloff damage, cut it down significantly sure, but shooting a bitch far away for like 10damage is just cause to run to spawn and switch something up
>>
>>381321089
F

Hopefully Hanzo's OHKO kit is next.
>>
Really good because most of people only used him because of the hook+shoot combo
>>
>>381321089
They seem fine. He can't one shot squishys but that attack speed and clip increase makes him the lord of tank duels
>>
>>381321736
He's still not good.
He's worse than soldier and Symmetra at doing what he's supposed to do.
>>
>>381322295
Source pls
>>
>>381321296
That caption is fucking unreadable, especially because you saved the 400x version instead of the full one. Good job using pink text with a pink outline on a pink background, you stupid fuck. Never post here again, please stay on tumblr.
>>
File: y9a1.png (491KB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
y9a1.png
491KB, 900x1500px
Fucking finally, now he has to play as a team instead of hooking and doing everything himself.Now I can't wait to see how they buff him to maybe make him less of an ult charger.
>>
>>381321089
this gives squishy characters one last chance to escape before he shoots them again with that firing speed buff

though this means it'll be even harder to take him down as moon monkey
>>
>tried him last night
>got potg every match
>always 30+ kills less than 5 deaths

Literally just right click before you hook. Shouldn't be hard if you're good at aiming.

The bitching makes a lot of sense. People used roadhog as a crutch because they couldn't track, only lead, and now that you have to do both, they cry that he's underpowered.

While I would love to still be able to hook+leftclick+melee a mercy, i'll have to deal with this change for now.

tldr get good.
>>
tfw gm rein only

game is shit
>>
>>381322118
He's still not picked in higher comp.
>>
>Zarya is now the legitimately only way to deal with Cancer.Va and Cancer Matrix

Thanks Blizzard.
>>
>>381331974
d.va doesn't come even close to being as obnoxious as le hog, fuck off already

the game's probably in the best shape it's been in like the past 8 months
>>
>>381331974
>Cancer.Va and Cancer Matrix
creative.
>>
>>381321089
You can literally do the old hook + shoot + melee and it'll still result in a oneshot, how the fuck is this a nerf for having to press one more button?
>>
File: ONE MAN APOCALYPSE.jpg (288KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
ONE MAN APOCALYPSE.jpg
288KB, 1280x904px
>>381321089
>(Don't post in the thread unless you're High SR)

lol too bad faggot I do quickplay and arcade only. Roadhog is the same level of effectiveness to me. The higher rater of fire and extra shot more than make up for the damage drop.
The only thing it has changed is you have to be more team-oriented and you can't flanktank no more. Still a beast, still the best.
>>
>>381321736
Honestly the change wasn't that big. It's just that people started playing him again and he is something you have to deal with FAST, like Pharah.
>>
File: 1455244227091.png (316KB, 432x413px) Image search: [Google]
1455244227091.png
316KB, 432x413px
>>381331974
>complaining about D.Va
How fucking shit.
>>
>>381332208
>can literally pause the game for 4 entire seconds almost instantly
>not obnoxious
>>
>>381332654
>pause the game
Literally what?
>>
>>381332208
>D.va fag insisting defense matrix isn't bullshit

lol
>>
>>381332762
What do you mean what. Defense Matrix.

>covers every angle except D.Va's back
>extends forward 50 feet in all effective ranges
>no meaningful amount of start up, can easily react to things and still nullify them for free
>works on everything in the game except 3 M1s and a few Ults like Weeb Blade

Defense Matrix is the most fucking obnoxious skill in this game unless you have Zarya to punch through it at her range. Hog could fuck over D.Va because of his high burst damage, now that that's gone Zarya is the only actual D.Va counter. Defense Matrix brings the game to a screeching halt.
>>
>>381321089

Roadhog now requires teamwork and is an actual "Tank" instead of a DPS with 2x hitpoints.
>>
>>381333131

Do you fags ever stop bitching?

Honest question.
>>
>>381333174
Said the guy that has under an hour as Roadhog.

Teamwork in this game is fucking retarded because everyone is about doing their own thing.
Does Genji need teamwork? Does Reaper? Does S76? Does McCree?
>>
File: 61267371_p0.png (381KB, 444x498px) Image search: [Google]
61267371_p0.png
381KB, 444x498px
>>381333131
If only there was a character that could, I don't know, stop characters from using their abilities.
>>
>>381333331
yeah they really do. if McCree and 76 stick with their team they do A LOT better than if they run off alone
>>
>>381333131
Just force her to spend it and then keep shooting. You act like it's unlimited.
>>
>>381321870

That's completely wrong. Reaper easily pulls in 50+ hitpoints since the drain is tied to pure damage versus players.

Throw in healing on top of that. Reaper is a demon at close range and can tank almost as much well as Zarya.

The kit encourages staying in field and dishing out damage instead of hit and fade tactics which means you build up your ultimate faster.

Reaper literately evolved from Edgelord to a Vampire Lord.
>>
>>381321736
>Still no mobility, shit range, no utility
>Somehow Reaper is now OP in Dive of all things when tracer and genji are going to be shitting on him all day anyway
Didn't OP make the thread requirements pretty clear, bud?
>>
>>381333331
Mcree and 76 can benefit a lot from a Rein or Orisa to protect them while the focus on landing hits. A Zarya or Zenyatta help flankers by increasing their survivability.
>>
>>381321736
Stfu he has literally noooo OP fwatures now. He gains far less health against squishys
>>
>>381333331

Overwatch is built around 6 vs 6 matchups.

Teamwork is a requirement if you want to go beyond Diamond.

Overwatch is not Quake/UT99.
>>
>>381329526
What SR is this? Roadhog is trash right now, I find it hard to believe you did anything with him above Gold.
>>
>>381333402
yeah if only
>>
>>381322674
Use your head. Why would being attached to the most mobile hero in the game be advantageous to the support the other team is always trying to kill? Why would damage boosting 120 damage rockets be useful while simultaneously becoming that much harder to hit?
>>
>>381333734

GM, fuckface.
>>
>>381333734
Qp with shitters doesnt sound, try him in ranked against good players you will get farmed and destroyed.

Its actually haliarous even as reaper i let hog hook me and just eat him and gain half an ult.
>>
>>381334082
HAHAHAHAHA get fucked
>>
>>381332208
>Can eat about 3/4ths of the games ults on top of stopping shots
>>
>>381334082
Bullshit.
>>
File: gmfuckface.png (100KB, 615x178px) Image search: [Google]
gmfuckface.png
100KB, 615x178px
>>381334082

pic taken from my overbuff comp page

Roadhog's nerfs made him trash. He can't oneshot over half the cast, and just leaves himself open to CC or being sniped/killed while hooking people now. Either you're lying about your rank, or your story, because Roadhog does not contributed anything meaningful to a team anymore.
>>
Imagine how fucking fun this game would be if only select nerfs went through and just buff others in response to others
>>
Yes they were necessary, no matter what anybody tells you, being instantly killed without warning is not fun.

But the major problem with overwatch is how almost EVERY character isn't fun to play against.

Pharah is silent and can play like an assassin, getting behind people and shooting them for 120 damage per shot, killing them before they react

Genji is unhittable, he moves too fast, is too small BUT has the highest damage in the game with his ult, 99% of the time the game is won or lost by whoever has the best Genji combo to get a team wipe

Reinhardt + Orisa:
Boring shields, shoot at them for days

Winston:
Cheap, not fun, another annoying shield

Mercy:
I don't need to say anything about this bitch or how the game has become the "Hunt Mercy Game"

Mei:
Thankfully she's not played much but if she were she'd make the game even more annoying

Symmetra:
Cheap no skill like Winston

Ana:
Overloaded kit, needs a rework rather than nerfs, because of her kit she'll either always be overpowered or too weak

DVA:
Cancer Matrix lasts too long

Lucio:
became even more annoying, now for some reason his gun does a shit ton of damage

The rest are alright

also
>heroes that could be fun like Torbjorn and Junkrat have only been looked at once, but Cancerhog has had his abilities reworked 4 times now
>>
>>381333174
He's the worst tank now. If you pick him you're literally throwing.
>>
>>381334728
holy shit you suck anon.
>>
>>381334873
no i don't, i've been diamond 3 seasons in a row with a top rating of 3450
>>
>>381321089
Those changes made me try it for the first serious time, the fire rate makes it fun for me now, before if you missed a shot you were unable to fight back for a whole 2 seconds which is huge.
>>
>>381334728
>Sombra is alright

LOL
>>
Deserved or not I don't think hog is at a good place atm. They need to lower hook cool down and raise his overall damage without giving him the combo back. Make him dangerous at close range and able to disrupt with his hook, but not able to kill you instantly
>>
>>381321806
>D.Va
>OP post-nerf
she was fine, now you're just going to ear people whine
>>
>>381334728
Surprised you never mentioned Hanzo.
Though Symmetra is the hero I find the most cancerous to go up against. Other characters can be outplayed by most of the heroes but for some reason I feel like Symmetra influences your team comp more than others. It's just annoying to play against.
But hey, I'm just a gold ranked console player so feel free to disregard my opinion.
>>
>>381321089
i think they should have lowered his health instead of damage
>>
>>381335098
>i don't suck
> i've been diamond 3 seasons in a row with a top rating of 3450

AHAHAHAAH
>>
>>381335452
Nigger please, you have console only torbjorn nerfs because no one can hit his stationary turret
>>
>>381335491
thats really high

especially considering im only level 300
>>
I told myself that I would stop playing until they fix Mercy but the new patch actually sounds pretty fun with the High Noon change and Reaper feeling nicer and more intuitive to play. I think Reaps Wraith now needs a major re-work because previously you used it to pick up orbs from people that were dead to refill your health now its just a damage mitigation that you can't quit out of.

I do want to go play but fuck Pharmercy duos and thats at every level of play in every mode. Or fuck just Mercy in everything all the time effecting games to the extent that it becomes hunt the Mercy rather than play the game.
>>
>>381329734
I know this feel

Winston just isn't the same
>>
>>381335452
Honestly the only changes I'd make to Symm are having her shield move slower and having the beam break immediately once you get out of range instead of after a second.
>>
>>381335856
>really high
>diamond
>>
>>381335856
diamond, peaking at diamond is not high, and it means your understanding of the game is not nearly as good as you think it is, especially considering what you posted earlier

>Symmetra:
Cheap no skill like Winston

>Ana:
Overloaded kit, needs a rework rather than nerfs, because of her kit she'll either always be overpowered or too weak

>Lucio:
became even more annoying, now for some reason his gun does a shit ton of damage

your opinions are so fucking stupid it's mind boggling. you think symettra of all things is "cheap no skill," when she's literally garbage.
>>
>>381334728

Overwatch is definitely more in line with LoL in terms of character balance philosophy.

More concerned with making your experience playing a character enjoyable by turning you into a one man wrecking crew than considering how enjoyable it is to play against the character.

Genji and Tracer for instance only exist in their current forms because they're fun to play as. Then when you have to be on the recieving end of these unhittable cunts, it's not as fun anymore.
>>
>>381333402
If your using Sombra for anything other than hacking health packs then EMPing every team fight then your doing it wrong.
>>
>Hog can still oneshot people with his secondary fire and he fires fast enough to pretty reliably two-shot someone that he hooks

Why are people acting like this change destroyed him as a character when all it did was remove his capability to delete all non-tanks with his combo? (And it didn't even really do that, as like mentioned before, he can still reliably kill people he hooks)
>>
>>381335240
Sombra is now a must pick for 2cp defense and is a viable defense against the dive comp. Denying enemy of the healthpacks and ults are game changers.
>>
>>381336849
Except her pick rate is still abysmal at top levels of play. Oh wait, at all levels of play.
>>
>>381321736
Whyyy don't they just make him quiet.

That's it. That's the only change he'd need.

Shut the fuck up, Reaper
>>
>>381336849
She just plain sucks, her ult isn't as impactful as it should be ontop of being a dps hero with a non dps ult
>>
>>381337076
DEATH COMBEUTRRGHGHAA
>>
>>381337076
REAPERSITIONING FOR SOULSAGNA
>>
>>381337076
Because blizzard doesn't want people getting killed by things without having a chance to know that they are in danger.
>>
>>381337218
Shes a support stuck in Attack for some reason. Shes more of a support that Symmetra.
>>
>>381321864
>6 seconds
Hello from the future.
>>
File: 1497225862187.png (212KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1497225862187.png
212KB, 500x386px
>King's Row offense
>won too previous matches so team has obligatory Genji/Hanzo/Widowmaker
>here we go again, Zen
>somebody picks Roadhog, nerfs didn't scare them off, not ideal, nothing on team worth shielding anyway
>I will literally settle for any offense hero
>McCree, alright
>match starts, enemy team also has Genji and Widowmaker so we're not at too much of a handicap
>team Genij clambers over the wall, is immediately slaughtered by enemy Zarya and Symmetra
>in spite of, or probably because we have so many snipers, the biggest threat from the enemy team right now is a Pharah with Mercy ready to fly up to her the second she gets scratched
>McCree wards off snipers, drills his revolver into overzealous Genji, Roadhog drags enemies away while heals keep him in the fray, McCree mops up where Roadhog's nerfed 1-2 combo falls short, then scares Pharah out of the sky
>enemy team mostly dead, holy shit we might actually pull this off
>Roadhog and our two snipers start holding court on the capture point, McCree takes up point on the awning overlooking the CP and the enemy approach
>hear familiar sound of Pharah's jets and incoming rockets, conc bounces out of the window into the air over the capture point, Mercy working the shaft with a bright blue ribbon coming out of Pharah's ass
>Hanzo's scatter arrow bounces randomly into the sky
>Pharah baits our Genji into a deflect-dash, then kills him before he touches the ground
>enemy Zarya and Symmetra arrive
>"I'm going for the tovnosty", hooks half our team
>punch in transcendence, time to haul ass
>one shot to tip the scales
>STEP RIGHT UP
>oh baby here we go
>before he popped his ult, there was a rocket already flying at him and Mercy shooting at him too because why not

Characters with "stand still kill everything" ults like McCree and Pharah need some protection or super armor. They can be reliable damage dealers most of the time but they really lack some spice when it comes to the obligatory mass ejaculation of ults.
>>
>>381337037
>>381337325
I think blizzard likes what she can do, and how well she's able to do her main goals, it's just that people don't want to play that character.
>>
>>381336849
Every time someone tries to defend sombra, they bring up her ult as some sort of a game-changer.

You fucking daft retards fail to realize that what makes a character playable is overwhelmingly determined by how relevant they are outside their Christmas-land scenarios where their ult is always on and always hits the entire enemy team in a team fight.

Sombra is fucking hot garbage outside of her ult, and her ult, being a static aoe, is unlikely to hit more than 3 people at once. At higher levels of play people don't group up like retards because half the ults in this game would result in a teamwipe for doing so. Furthermore, assuming she even lands her ult on enough people, it is only lethal if your entire team is there to capitalize on it. The enemies can still run, gun, and shoot. Compare Sombras ult to Mei's, which provides slow, constant area of denial, damage over time, and a stun, and you'll see why Sombra's ult, even in the best scenarios, are still leagues off from other aoe ults.

Outside of her ult she's worse than every other character in every way. I'd rather have a lucio, mei, mercy, soldier 76, any tank, Ana, junkrat, or even a fucking Zenyatta in the slot than Sombra.
>>
>>381337951
Why did you just imply that zenyatta is bad?
>>
>>381322069
Pharah can knock you around.
Mercy regens health absurdly quick.
156 damage rockets.
Guardian Angel on low cooldown means Mercy is constantly zipping about making her hard to hit.
>>
>>381336231
>>381336209
>>381335491
>muh only grandmaster opinions matter meme
>>
>>381324021
> It's also probably the exact reason we have a dive meta - these two are just way too mobile and safe at the same time.

Except dive wasn't a team comp at all until D.Va and Winston both got buffed.

Tracer and Genji are both fine as they are. Learn to play against them instead of complaining or you'll never get out of plat.
>>
>>381337951
The Contenders games at the weekend almost all the games on Anubis were won and lost by the teams use of Sombra and having the EMP every fight. Bitch more about high level play you stupid fuck.
>>
>>381337951
>even a fucking Zenyatta
>implying Zen isn't a solid pick

Oh I see.
You're a shitter.
>>
>>381322069
Yes the actual problem is Mercy herself. The moment she attach herself to Pharah the whole thing turns into a raid boss. Focus on Mercy, you get rocket on your face, focus on Pharah while Mercy is still alive and it's just pointless. Unless you are good with Widow you ain't gonna have a good time.

But really, the pocket healer being able to regen health is pretty dildos.
>>
>>381321925
>Pharah Mercy with DVa matrixing them
This is when I know that there ain't gonna be any enjoyable time in this match.
>>
>>381339631
>focus on Pharah while Mercy is still alive and it's just pointless. Unless you are good with Widow you ain't gonna have a good time.
McCree can burst Pharah down through the heal pretty easily, unless Pharah is staying very far back in which case you can just sidestep her rockets.

Widow is alright otherwise but you have to be god tier at her, because you have exactly one shot at Pharah before she notices you and forces you to run away.
>>
>>381321512
I hate when fps games add flight
>"alright guys, we just spent countless hours designing maps with specifically measured sightlines and verticality. Now what do we do?"
>"I know! Let's negate all of that work by making a character that just flies around firing rockets!"
>"BRILLIANT!"
>>
>>381338290
How did you arrive at 156 for the damage number? 120*1.3 = 160
>>
>>381324472
it helps handjobs feel useful once every 10 sec
>>
>>381337347
well the thing is they should be protected by a rein/orisa/zarya shield when doing their ult.

remember that this is a team game
>>
File: VZoFMK.png (1KB, 111x72px) Image search: [Google]
VZoFMK.png
1KB, 111x72px
>>381340034
Are you retarded, anon?
>>
>>381329526
Why would someone go on the internet and just lie like that?
>>
>>381321089
I just felt the hook shit was fucking bullshit at times. The damage nerf seems really unneccesary
>>
>>381321089
Sounds like youre playing a shitty riot game.
>>
>>381339883
I'm not gonna say McRee ain't a good choice for anti Pharah but lately I've been noticing pharahs who knows how to stay outta his range limit. If the map is is open then the poor McCree can't kill her off in time. At this point S76 have a better chance of dealing with her.
>>
>>381337076
His and sombra's voicelines during teleport are totally unnecessary because teleporting itself makes it own sound. People ain't that deaf to notice it.
>>
File: game.jpg (181KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
181KB, 1300x957px
>>381321296
>close eyes
>press hook towards random location
>wait 1 sec then lmb
>guaranteed kill
gief a more casual friendly mechanic tard.
>>
>that reaper buff

DEATH CUMS
>>
>>381340563
Soldier 69 doesn't have the burst damage to deal with Pharah with a pocket Mercy consistently. He can tickle Pharah out of the sky for a couple of seconds for Mercy to heal her back to full, but to actually kill her she needs to be close enough for consistent headshots for spread or burst fire-reduced DPS to not fuck you over.

Their effective ranges are about the same when you factor in Soldier's spread, but McCree can burst Pharah down in two or three shots which is usually too fast for both Pharah and Mercy to react and respond to. Plus Deadeye is actually really good against Pharah.
>>
>>381321089
It's definitely a big nerf and he's gonna have to be played differently now.
I think they should revert the hook nerf now that he can't one shot and make him more focused on displacing the enemy, putting them into bad positions so your team can focus them.
Basically he's different and worse but not completely trash. Nobody's gonna use him now though.
>>
>>381333498
He already countered the cornerstone of dives, Winston.
Now he fucks the monkey even harder.
>>
>>381340726
Yeah it's retarded. Blizzard really doesn't like stealth despite making heroes with stealth kits.

I will say though, Sombra's uncloaking line did give me one hell of an experience yesterday when I was fucking around in QP.

>nepal shrine
>playing edgelord
>team has no healers so I have to rely on health packs
>In a firefight but got low on health so I shift away to go heal on the healthpack by the cliff
>drop down, see it's been hacked
>"gotcha"
>turn around, get turned into swiss cheese

I couldn't help but laugh. It was so perfect.
>>
File: 1479648969865.jpg (15KB, 282x209px) Image search: [Google]
1479648969865.jpg
15KB, 282x209px
>>381337347
>Mercy shooting at him too because why not

Hold up. Mercy's damage boost works as long as it's being applied to the character when the damage takes effect, right?

Now this wouldn't really make sense for anybody besides Pharah, but in a long range scenario would it make sense to have Pharah shoot a rocket, have Mercy blasting away with her pistol, then switch to damage boosting Pharah before the rocket lands?

Kind of like a Pharah-Mercy specific version of uber flashing?
>>
>>381321089
So what's the point of hooking now ?
>>
>>381339883
>McCree can burst Pharah down through the heal pretty easily
Unless she's far away. Then the falloff is too much.
>>
>>381343427
That's literally what I said
>>
>>381343510
You actually expect me to read your entire post?

Sorry, my mistake. Kinda skimmed over that
>>
>>381331974
>Cancer Matrix
Nigga just play Zarya
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>381321089
>(Don't post in the thread unless you're High SR)
>(Diamond+)
>>
File: monkeybirb.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
monkeybirb.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
everyone that was complaining about Roadhog will now be complaining about D.va and Winston

Is there a name for this phenomenon?
When people target something en masse while ignoring what's directly behind it until the first target is out of the way?
>>
>>381337037
Because only Sombra players can Sombra. Her skillset and playstyle is so unique that only people that main Sombra can ever play her well. Just shooting very well is not enough, nevermind the fact that other teammates/players still thinks she's suppose to be played like a stealthy DPS when she's not.
>>
Eh, I'll throw in my two cents.
This is absolutely a good thing. Roadhog was an extremely poorly designed character. There's just simply no reason to make a character that can one-shot the entire cast.
That being said I do wish they lowered the cool down of the hook. It is pretty high right now. Honestly, I'll accept any roadhog buff that has nothing to do with his damage.
>>
>>381337951
>it is only lethal if your entire team is there to capitalize on it. The enemies can still run, gun, and shoot.
>disabling shields, ults and escape options
nah it's still a pretty big deal.
>>
>>381344016
Hog can still fuck up a Winston and Dva just learn to fucking aim.
>>
>>381344479
That has nothing to do with my point
>>
>>381338429
>ITT diamond babbies think they hot shit
Even at grandmaster I still think me and literally every teammate I get is absolute shit
>>
>>381344479
Nigga, he's the only one that has that exact 9m sweet spot for his weapon, and it's a projectile. If you can somehow managed to land that shot repeatedly, you wouldn't be playing Roadhog, you'll be playing S76 or McCree. Also
>Dva
Wut?
>>
>>381344016
Winston is fine, D.Va legitimately takes the fun out of the game due to the existence of Defense Matrix. With Roadhog's burst damage being gutted you are now literally required to pick Zarya if D.Va is present otherwise you are not getting anywhere. Winston is shut down by Reaper because their effective ranges are literally the same, especially with this new Reaper buff he shits on Winston even harder. But besides that, Winston's bubble isn't even in the same ball-park of annoying as Defense Matrix.
>>
>>381331974
Nigga, I can kill D.VA with Zennyata, git gud
>>
>>381343346
>what's the point of pulling people into your team and instantly removing a large portion of their health
Give me a minute, this will require some serious thinking
>>
>>381322069
Because you have to ignore the tracer ramming you in the ass while you deal with the 500 EHP thing flying around the map, and if you don't kill the mercy then she just drops down pops res and fucks right off
>>
File: never.png (3MB, 1800x2030px) Image search: [Google]
never.png
3MB, 1800x2030px
>>381321089
Im not Diamond but Roadhog makes me diamonds. Does that count?
>>
>>381344332
>a character that can one-shot the entire cast
Holy exaggeration Batman!
>>
Reaper is fun now
>>
>>381329526
M8 you're clearly a shitter in anything above 3200 nobody is going to take a shot, not realize they're out of position then not Dodge the hook, which is already a super easy ability to bait if you're not autistic
>>
>now Roadhog has to work with his team, this is a good change
>just hook them into your team, it's a teamwork ability now!

Why would you play him now over Winston or Reinhardt? They can both help a team far better.
>>
>>381321089
Good, hook shouldn't even be a thing in a FPS. Now if only they were to nerf Lucio and Mercy
>>
>>381345343
you'd also want to pick Reaper over him now too. Or McCree even
>>
>>381334239
>Stop being a shitter an realize her matrix isn't infinite
>Shot her out of her mech
>Use your ultimate

Wew anon, was it that hard?
>>
>>381337076
DYE DYE DYE
>>
i like pee pee
>>
>>381345540
It's funny to me that you think D.va is easier to counter than Roadhog was
>>
>play with a friend in 3vs3
>>it's just us and one random guy
>usually play zenyatta+winston, pharah+mercy and soldier+ana
what are any other good 2character combinations?
>>
>>381344903
Probably invaluable in comp but I play qp where it doesn't seem that useful now, people may even stop fearing it.
>>
>D.va is less bullshit than Roadhog
as if I needed any more proof that /v/ was gold as fuck
>>
File: normal pig.png (1MB, 1280x1242px) Image search: [Google]
normal pig.png
1MB, 1280x1242px
Roadhog was never an excepional hero to begin with.

He's always had average pick rates in tourneys, and a low win % rate.

His one shot combo was literally the only thing he could do, and it was only every 12 seconds. If he even connects with it.
>>
File: 1470197582658.jpg (507KB, 1100x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1470197582658.jpg
507KB, 1100x3100px
Every character in their legendary skins have unique voice lines.

But Reaper's voice as Reyes during Uprising is very different from Reaper's for obvious reasons. I wish they'd record new lines using Reyes's voice for when you're using Reaper's Origin skin. Sure, it's generic military guy instead of edgelord, but it still sounds cool and would fit better.
>>
>>381345739
And it's hilarious to me that you are THIS BAD and can't kill a fucking tank
>>
I think Roadhog feels a lot better to play, but overall he's a lot worse and both dive composition and shield composition are going to be even stronger without him in there.
>>
>>381346136
And it's hilarious to me that you are THIS BAD and can't kill a pseudotank
>>
>>381345932
This. And even if it connects almost every character has something to stop you since even the smallest knockback like a helix rocket can fuck up your shot entirely.
Blizzard needs to stop listening to diamond trash but they do this shit where they balance around casual plebs whining loudly in every game
>>
>>381322069
Because everyone that isn't pharah has incredible amounts of damage fall-off. If soldier were to empty his entire clip at mercy at 60 meters, if every bullet hits, he will do 6 damage per bullet for a total of 150 damage.
>>
File: 1454981185581.png (23KB, 149x54px) Image search: [Google]
1454981185581.png
23KB, 149x54px
Overwatch's problem is that Blizzard made tanks and healers way too powerful. You see, every meta that revolved around a DPS hero was quickly nerfed to the ground. No more Widowmaker quickscope, McCree longer range or Genji's dragonblade, god forbid if we have the slighest bit of skill in this game. On the other healers' metas take months to get addresed. Ana is still an obnoxious piece of shit that has 300 HP + bullshit shutdown, Lucio has been a 100% pick since the beta and THEY STILL BUFFED HIM FOR FUCKS SAKE, and now we have Mercy powercreep crawling in. Unless Blizzard realizes it and stop cattering to shitters (will never happen, just like every other game from them), this game will not be anything else than a lootbox opening simulator casual shooter
>>
>>381346590
>Genji's dragonblade

I get your point, but you really want to use this as an example for skill? One of the most retard-friendly ultimates?
>>
>>381346714
Dragonblade does almost nothing and getting it in the first place requires you to at least be able to aim
>>
>60% win rate with soldier
>gold damage, elims every game
>can't get out of diamond

The SR gains are too low, about 25 SR per win. Should I switch to a more objective time oriented hero? I play soldier on the high ground most of the times.

Meanwhile, some of my degenerate Mercy main friends have reached Master with a 45% win rate.
>>
>>381346714
Now now, I know Genji is hated by many people but take a platinum or even diamond Genji player and see how 'easy' it is to pull it off at GM level games. In fact, his ultimate gets less and less value at higher levels that some pros use it to bait out defensive ultimates rather than scoring kills.
>>
>>381346590
Except that Lucio and Zen are meta support now.

Lucio is mostly on speed boost.
>>
>>381345816
Mei + Mei
>>
>>381347050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S20jri3oaf4&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 5465387.jpg (25KB, 307x342px) Image search: [Google]
5465387.jpg
25KB, 307x342px
He hooked me twice today (was playing Mercy). Couldn't kill me either time. I kek'd.
>>
I got into Diamond one session so I guess I'll give my 2cents

Roadhog is dead. Dead in the water, he was already a niche pick considering the prevalence of dive comps but now since they nerfed the hell out of his damage without buffing his hook, he is going to be delegated to either incredibly niche picks like Sombra or even throw picks like Torb.
>>
>>381346590
The main issue is that the retarded map design full of chokes and practically no solid cover means that you're forced into running the MMORPG meme trinity of a damage mitigating tank frontline supported by a squishy backline.

King of the Hill maps suffer from this the least. You're not forced into running Reinhardt on them (and coincidentally almost never see him on them), and the more open entry design means that almost every hero in the game is viable on them whereas for shit like Numbgaynigger or Anusbis or almost every non-KotH map to some degree you basically need a highly mobile dive comp or a Reinhardt+Lucio speed boost strat to not get fucked in the ass by chokepoints and the enemy's high ground advantage.

This is why KotH is also objectively the best gamemode. The only true cancer on KotH maps was hero stacking and now that it's been gone for a while they truly are the least worst part about the game.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.