[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP in peace relic you had more than decade to get into real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (409KB, 1721x1409px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
409KB, 1721x1409px
RIP in peace relic
you had more than decade to get into real genres someone actually plays you autistic morons
>>
>design gameplay that no one wants
you reap what you sow, lelic
>>
>>381319915
They basically had choice: attempt to make MOBA hybrid and have slim chance of breaking from RTS trap or make classic RTS and get no chance. They tried.
>>
>>381320009

They just need to film a live suicide vid. At least that will make all who fucking paid for the shit happy. Fucking scum
>>
>>381320009
Oh come on, it's obvious that some fags in suits thought "those momba things are popular, we should make one"
>>
>>381320478
They should deliberately make unpopular things?
>>
>>381320618
>League of Legends
>Dota2
>unpopular
wat
>>
>>381320751
nah, he meant rts being unpopular.

>>381320009
i'd rather they cater to the dedicated their dedicated rts fans. that way, it's a higher chance of releasing more products in the future. if you release a shit product, you'll lose public trust.
>>
File: zog.png (187KB, 561x581px) Image search: [Google]
zog.png
187KB, 561x581px
>rip in peace
>sold 244k
>>
>>381320987

That was their sales in the first month. It has grown ever since.
>>
>>381320975
The dedicated RTS fans have nasty habit of ignoring everything which wasn't made 15+ years ago.

>>381320987
That's about 8 million in revenue after steam share.
>>
>>381321101
that's true. but they get excited over remasters. i guess relic should have just remastered dow1.
>>
>>381321027
And?
>>
>>381321341
Hasn't I mean.
>>
Other than PUBG and Overwatch, what recent non-free games haven't died in the ass after a month?
>>
>>381321456
I know, I mean it's obviously that not a lot of people going to pay full price for a game after release
>>
>>381321554
Your moms pissy
I bang it lol
>>
File: flop.jpg (18KB, 727x107px) Image search: [Google]
flop.jpg
18KB, 727x107px
What a fucking flop, I wonder how SEETHING all the shills that shilled this so hard pre-release are right now.
>>
>>381321894
You seem really angry. Shouldn't you be happy that it failed?
>>
>>381319657
I always wonder about these one game studios. Is it really so hard to make something else?
>>
>>381321945
Where do you see anger, anon? I always enter these thread with a huge smug grin on my face, after listening to shills for months drone on about this, seeing it flop and peak under 2k is amazing.
>>
>>381322178
They also did Space Marine and Company of Heroes and Homeworld.
>>
>>381322413
That's a lot of attachment to seeing something fail. That's anger, not joy.

DoW3 is not a MOBA
>>
>>381322469

Which also flopped. These studios should just give up.
>>
>>381322516
You're free to call it whatever you want, I personally call it massive smug self-satisfaction at being right, and at the despair of people who didn't agree with me.
>>
>>381322528
What results do you need for something to have not "flopped"?
>>
>>381322737

Sell 10 million units for each game :^)
>>
>>381322469
Oh yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of Creative Assembly and Total War, but even they have their Alien: Isolations from time to time
>>
>>381322946
/v/ canon dictates diablo 3 flopped despite selling 30 million
>>
>>381322469
>homeworld
a different company made that. maybe not in name, but in everything else that counts
>>
>>381322528
Space marine did ok for a dumbed down piece of shit
>>
Now that i think about it how much of relic is still relic. After all this time i find it hard to believe the team is still intact, blackbird interactive took the homeworld people right? so who are the ones left in "relic"?
>>
>bought the game
>regret after a couple days
>crack released
>regret more

fck you relic. I bet you even try to sell me the next race by dlc, but ill just pirate the whole pack
>>
>>381320618
>set out to make a niche title
>keep development and marketing costs moderate
>don't bother trying to make a "popular" game
>just work to make a modest game that appeals to one audience
We need more AA games. Not indieshit, but not overhyped, bloated "wider audience" junk that makes no one happy.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.