[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic Duels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: magic-duels-origins.jpg (108KB, 932x466px) Image search: [Google]
magic-duels-origins.jpg
108KB, 932x466px
>cheapish only magic card game at steam

>people over shabbib invested 100-200 $ in the game

>wizards just says "BLBLUBUBUUB, no more geam for you x-D"

>game is dead

Why do people still invest money into skins/dlcs/card games/card packs (from shady companies)?
>>
Well if it means we get a better proper Magic game I really dont care and looking forward to it. Duels was never that good.
>>
>>381316338
Wizards of the coast and all card games for that matter no longer matter. They are the remnants of literal pay to win. If you played Standard Friday Night Magic you would understand this.
>>
>>381316473
>buy the best deck
>lose the mirror because you're bad
>pay to win
>>
>>381317383
Oh yeah I'm forgetting the RNG that can screw over any deck. You can't sit there for a second though and tell me a stacked $1200 sliver isn't going to have a worse chance than a $30 warrior deck.
>>
>>381316338
> "BLBLUBUBUUB, no more geam for you x-D"
They are shutting down it or what?
>>
>>381316473
This is why Gwent will save card games. It's not pay2win, mechanics are unique, RNG won't fuck you over, and it's the most balanced card game.
>>
>>381317746
They're no longer going to release content for it.
Because they're making a Magic MMO, which basically means you'll be running around a 3d world dueling players.
>>
>>381317934
Lol that grind though.
>>
>>381317934
>This is why Gwent will save card games. It's not pay2win, mechanics are unique, RNG won't fuck you over, and it's the most balanced card game.

You do know every card game to ever come out has said this before.
>>
>>381316338
>no link

?
>>
>>381316338
i wouldn't say they're shady just incompetent.
>>
>>381316338
Source, you faglord?
>>
>>381317934
> RNG won't fuck you over
Which means unless you have top deck you have no chance against superior ones.
>They're no longer going to release content for it.
>Because they're making a Magic MMO
How this makes them shady? They make new game and put the old one in maintenance mode.
>>
>>381318004
>RNG won't fuck you over

Each card game is filled with RNG.
And yeah, basically RNG CAN fuck you over in Gwent, if you start with a shitty hand/no combo.

Oh well, excuse me, we are on /v/, the place where people just play a game 10mn and think they know everything.
>>
>>381317934
>t's not pay2win, mechanics are unique, RNG won't fuck you over

Oh yeah, fuck Magic for that.
Hearthstone will be released soon and will fix that.
Then Elder Scrolls Legends.
Then Scrolls.
Then Gwent.
Then Eternal.
Then Faeria.
Then HEX Shards of Fate.
Then Shadowverse.
Then...
>>
they must make a ton of money from paper magic

I'd buy a season pass to play unlimited standard and drafts online but I hate this CCG shit
>>
File: 6574657.png (42KB, 451x505px) Image search: [Google]
6574657.png
42KB, 451x505px
>>381318074
Capped for you from their facebook page.
If you payed money for packs in the ideal that Duels was going to last, you got scammed homeboy.
>>
>>381318043

Its literally in the OP. You fucking niggers or use google for 2 secs.
>>
>>381317934
Gwent would be interesting if their entire userbase didn't consist of tryhard vlads who watch every Lifecuck play and then mindlessly copy his deck.
>>
>>381318357
you make a thread like an event happened without explaining

fuck off
>>
>>381318326
damn that's lazy

it's like they have 2 people working on the games

>excuses why they have card swaps or expansions come late
>don't worry we'll fix it in the future

fuck mtg. not falling for that pay per play shit again
>>
>be a kid
>spend lunch money on a MTG boosters
>have fun pitting my monster rectangles against classmate's rectangles

>be an adult
>play a CCG on a computer
>google the most recent netdeck and craft it
>grind ranked like a motherfucker
Internet pretty much killed card games.
>>
>>381318581
The point of ranked in CCG is to isolate netdecking cancer from normal people.
>>
>>381318581

/thread
But not only card games.
>>
oh well. the campaign was kind of fun

glad I didn't spend any money on it
>>
>>381317718
Right because those matchups ever happen. Any time winning or losing "matters" people are playing good decks against good decks and how much they cost doesn't come into it at all.
>>
>>381318550
It's not lazyness if it was their plan all along. Duels was a unique limited format where you couldn't even play with full decklists. It was never meant to last as anything more then promotion and a quick cash grab. You can bet you bottom dollar (if you still have any) that it won't be the last time Hasbro does this with MtG either.
>>
>>381316338
I cracked a jace vryns prodigy and got several hours of good games with him to the point where I had to him for a commander deck. Rip origins, hopefully they make mtgo better to replace you.
>>
>>381316338
Anyone else play this casually with friends? I have a pretty decent land destruction deck that fucking destroys most decks I've played against
>>
>>381319041

MtG Online remains a cesspool and will forever remain as such, it wouldn't be MtG Online otherwise.
>>
>>381316338
Wait the game is dead? fucking hell I did waste at least 40 euros in it last summer just to complete the first 2 sets.
>>
>>381319221
> spending money in f2p games

You guys will never learn.
>>
File: 1355701049940.jpg (43KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1355701049940.jpg
43KB, 400x500px
>>381317718

>Sliver decks
>Relative or competitive anywhere outside of the kitchen table

There's $30 decks that'll wipe the floor with slivers ten times out of ten. You just have to git gud
>>
>>381320304
man, the sliver player in my playgroup is a cool guy but i can't really give him a great response to the fact his deck loses to him getting ganged up on before his deck gets out of control, his ramp slivers getting removed early game or a board wipe resetting everything. if we don't do anything then there just reaches a point where we can't do anything period so you don't really have the option to just lay off him.
>>
>>381321801
It's a tribal deck.
You gotta get it while it's in the early stages or its fucking impossible to deal with.
My friend use to have a boros soldier tribal edh.
Sounds stupid as fuck but you had to be all over that piece of shit or it would roll right over you.
>>
>>381320304
Legacy Slivers is honestly still a decent deck, especially now that every third person isn't playing Terminus anymore.
>>
>>381318326
>>381318550
>>381318908
smarter to invest in an mmo noone will play thanks wizards! I just love your mtgo windows 2000 interface that skips my turn when am not paying attention
>>
File: 1402411979615.jpg (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1402411979615.jpg
31KB, 512x384px
>>381322668

Looking at mtgtop8, it was played in 10 events since 2011, for a whopping 0% share of the metagame.
>>
>>381322762
They updated the client again like two years ago and it's fine now.
>>
>>381323041
is looks like shit and crashes randomly midgame(thank god it saves your place)

would be nice if he could have a battle interface as good as the duels series
>>
>this is dying for magic next and magic mmo

feels fucking good man

the people who spent money playing this when they could have spent it on mtgo deserve it desu
>>
>>381323041
>it's fine now
You mean still fucking crashes during huge events leading to an entire day of play wasted only to get your goddamn entrance fee refunded?

They apparently nuked on-demand drafts from the system and implemented a league system, which allows you to draft and play later. Except in reality people are just 8-man stacking a draft and coordinating their drafts so everyone involved gets a fucking perfect draft deck.

Oh yeah, let's just pay full fucking $15 price for a online draft. That's fucking unreal. I'm not opposed to paying for something like that but let's be serious, that is a fucking obscene price to pay for one go at a draft.
>>
>>381316338
It's a shame because it actually a great f2p model, you could get all the cards really easily contrary to hearthstone. If only it had a better production value I'm sure it would ahve been really successful.

I really enjoyed playing 2v2 with my mill/control deck when it came out
>>
>>381324390
I don't get how they get away with charging $10 for the client yet give you no playable starter deck with the excuse being "cards have value" to whom I ask? mtg is a wizards pyramid scheme under that logic
>>
>>381325136
I actually approve of charging for the client as that would lessen the number of assholes that come with the F2P territory.

What I don't fucking understand is how you can charge paper retail price for a draft. It's not an issue of not being able to afford it. My issue is that when I think about the fact that people willingly pay for that just makes me sad to be a Magic player myself.

I mean how could I tell anybody to embrace this amazing game when it's a goddamn money sink. I feel like if I told someone to play Magic I'm telling them to set their money on fire.
>>
File: 1.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>381318581

>be kid
>participate in tournament at local gaming store
>first round deck I'm up against is this deck
>realize that it's p2w
>drop game
>>
>A couple weeks from Hour of Devastation release
>lol kill it

What a shitty company
>>
>>381317939
this sounds fun. what do you do, work at mcdonalds part time then go to the in game stores to buy magic cards with your money so you can duel others?
>>
This will also mean the game is stuck forever in this state: broken right clicks and the AI in its worst iteration in the game life. Also the "link you account for 2k gold that you don't have anything to spend on anymore" popup will haunt us forever.
They could at least release all old AI decks to play against not just the last expansion's ones.
>>
File: 1497860818315.jpg (6KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
1497860818315.jpg
6KB, 250x203px
>mfw blue-black mill
>>
>>381329387
blue should be removed, anti-fun the colour
>>
>>381316338
>Wizards fucked up the last 2-3 sets
>Emergency bannings in Standard
>Standard Showdown is a thing just to make people play the game
>Abandon their "new" Standard rotation within 2 years
>"just kidding, we are bringing back Core sets"
>"Please play our card game, we are even going back to Dominaria. You like Dominaria, right?"
>This happens

No surprise there
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.