[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you have fixed fallout 4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_3943.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3943.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
If you could, what would you change or add to make fallout 4 "good"?
>>
By having it be made by Christ avellone and obsidian
>>
The short answer is: Everything needs to be fucking fixed.

The biggest single problem though and something that makes it not even as good as Skyrim or Fallout 3 let alone actual good games is the lack of real quests in favor of radiant dogshit so the first biog fix would be to put some actual quests and content in the game.
>>
Just not even make it.
>>
>>381314268
Not an answer. You didn't say what they would do to it.

>>381314453
Not an answer.

>>381314383
>Says everything needs to be fixed
>Only mentions quests
>>
File: IMG_3937.jpg (85KB, 708x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3937.jpg
85KB, 708x1024px
OC

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uj27kEUJw4
>>
>>381314539
>>Only mentions quests
Did you somehow miss me saying "The short answer" and "biggest single thing?" Context and additional info is everything sometimes kid.

I'd be here all day listing every single one of it's problems.

Lack of real content.
Terrible story, plot and characterization
Lack of consistency with previous titles.
One of the dumbest "twists" ever in a story I have seen.
No attempt at world building or immersion.
No attempt at broader themes or interesting use of Boston as a setting.
Poorly programmed.
Embarrassing graphics, animation and optimization for a AAA title.
Bad lackluster mod tier DLC.
Monotonous game-play, with no improvements on anything within that people have complained about with Bethesda games since forever. Like level scaling enemies, endless respawning enemies, enemies placed in stupid areas given the story and geography, lack of interesting weapons and weapon types.
Lack of interesting places to visit in a gigantic map.

Then the list goes one and on until were both dead.
>>
>>381314539
>Not an
Literally stopped reading there, redditor.
>>
>>381314202
Been playing it as of late On console thanks to /v/ todd's Threads
It is an ok game, but not something you would have expected out of a fallout game
The shooting is nice, but the story gave us almost no reason to actually care about the main story, We dont get to know enough about your family to actually care about them, other than make it a sad backstory
besides of that, the dialog got dumbed down a lot
in new vegas you had a whole screen full of dialog options, in Fallout 4 you only can have 4 at any due time, that reduces the chances for unique dialog you could actually like
maybe it's just me, but other than that i dont see any big issies
>>
>Redo and deepen all the quests
>Get the new vegas devs on board more
>New engone
>>
>>381314202
By retconning all Betheshit and making Van Buren.
>>
they should fix how shadows are rendered. Now the game only uses one core to draw them which turns the game into stuttery clusterfuck with any rig if you are in a city or demanding place like that
>>
>>381314202
Don't make every romance option bisexual.
So lazy.
>>
>>381314202
by removing all the normieshit like shaun and other stupid family crap, also i would have made a peaceful option where no one gets destroyed.
>>
>>381314539
noone cares about your opinions fag
>>
File: Curie best robo-waifu.jpg (610KB, 1280x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Curie best robo-waifu.jpg
610KB, 1280x1697px
Maybe for once make me actually like the Brotherhood of Steel.
Srsly, I don't care what kind of armor they have, they're all just bigots and tools.
>>
I don't understand do I need to build up settlements? Also that's broken as fuck because the ground is so uneven and you can't remove bushes?? Also it's missing tons of shit that you can scrap like normal metal fences and planters, but I'm sure that's dlc?

Game is ok but the dialog sucks and in general there's lots of bugs. 5? Hours in to the game so far and it's crashed twice, the dialog has had weird looong pauses, and doggo is getting stuck in doors.

Hoping the graphics and exploration make up for it, but it has so far. Sort of...

On the ps4
>>
Reworking The factions could help
They Hyped up the institute Way too much for that pay off
Even in the game, we are not even sure if Father is Indeed shaun, for all we know it could be a Synth trying to convince the player to join the institute
there could be more of a moral Dilema, like offering you To "bring back nora" by making her a synth, all you have to do is take Kellogs place since they fear his time is coming to an end
The BoS turned from a Freedom fighting Group in Fallout 3 to full out Nazis Wanna be trying to control everything and everyone
>>
>>381316074
Settlements are not Really that needed nor useful until late into the game, and even then you can just stright up ignore it, but if you invest some time into it you can get a lot of caps by selling purified water
>>
>>381314202
throwing it in a trash bin
>>
>>381314202
I'd put the perks and skill system back in and there would be actual RPG dialogue options that have consequences like in the good Fallout games. Everything else I'm okay with.
>>
>>381314202
Not sure where to start. The protagonist shouldn't have an established back story or family tied to the plot, the writing and choices for dialogue nees to be vastly better and more dynamic, RPG elements need to be improved (removing voice acting from the Player Character wouldbhelp that a lot) and baae stats should be more static and leas plentiful so you are forced to specialize to some degree and make a unique character who can't "do it all". Basically keep the gameplay, but make the writing, stats, and story like 1 and 2. Fallout is a game where you can talk your way through most problems. It is a game that shows you can solve issues with guns OR words. The final boss should always be absurdly hard to fight, and should have the opportunity to try and talk them down through an in depth discussion of facts, morals, and persuasive arguments.
>>
>the intro doesn't include that shitty family idyll
>no shaun
>no husband/wife
>no female raiders
>all people are ghouls
>the world is pretty much dead and it's your job to make it hospitable
>no institute
>no railroad
>no nothing
>only feral ghouls
>the architecture and the general aesthetic needs to be more consistent and beautiful
>maybe even a baroque aesthetic
>doesn't even have to be in america
>no pipe weapons
>more hunting weapons but towards end game you will find more tactical weapons
>greater variety of melee weapons and less ammunition and firearms, add a better melee combat.
>all the vaults have failed and they are only rotting husks from what they were supposed to be
>better game engine :^)
>>
File: kermitwriter.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
kermitwriter.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>381314202
Have quests be actually enjoyable and more open ended.
Have there be more than just four dialogues all disguised as being the same.
Allow the player to have more conversation than just quest and shopkeeper dialogue.
Bring back the old skills and perk system.
Make the characters not pieces of shit and have the Institute not be the worst written villains ever.
Add more unique weapons rather than the legendary reskin bullshit.
Make the story not so linear.
>>
>>381316392 here. Also, fix the fucking over abundance of bugs and glitches, make the art more interesting like the concept art, and hire more than 5 VAs. BUGS ARE NOT FEATURES.
>>
Remove voiced MC and go back to the old dialog list.
Scrap the shit SPECIAL and perk system.
Able to kill every NPC. I feel like this was a focus group thing where someone killed a quest giver or two and moaned that they failed a quest they hadn't started yet.
Better speech skill options. Not just turn the option yellow or red depending on how hard it is without giving you extra choices.
Remove Bethesda workshop and stick to Steam workshop at most.
Remove paid mods before they're implemented.
>>
>>381314202
I've been replaying it recently and I think my number one problem with the game, even amidst all of its other problems, is that Bethesda clearly didn't want to work in the setting. Regardless of the lore inconsistencies, it seems as though they never understood the point of a post-apocalyptic setting and were writing entirely form the sole survivors perspective. So many of the quests and mini-stories in the game are just leftover from before the war, and pre-war ghouls are a dime a dozen. It seems like nobody died, and nobody moved on in over 200 years. People on the street still make passing references to the great war, which would be like someone today referencing the war of 1812 as though its responsible for today's troubles.There's no interesting stories or themes regarding the rebuilding of civilization, its all just pre-war stories that get shoe-horned in everywhere they don't belong. That, and the fact that every fucking thing traces back to Vault-Tec somehow.
>>
Add more deep quests with choice, remove the voiced protagonist, add in some fun skill checks and bring back the old dialog system

Fallout 4 isn't a bad game, it's definitely more interesting/fun to play than new vegas, but it lacks those things I mentioned

The DLC they made, Old harbor, kinda fixes some of those issues actually, it was nice to see

The thing about new vegas fags is, even tho new vegas does have those RPG systems, the game is so fucking boring

>>381314268
Just stop
Chris made lonesome road and old world blues
He never wants to be the main guy in charge now, he knows he can't do a good job so he stays in the back

Do you think Bethesda has a copyright on post apocalyptic games? If he wanted to make a new fallout game, he could have done so, just by renaming some stuff and viola

But he doesn't want to
>>
>>381316524
This guy has the right idea
In new vegas you saw the fight and struggle of people Rebuilding civilization,Reclaiming cities and Actually fighting for who gets what piece of land, how these groups communicate and trade with them
and we as humans tend to fuck it up and try to kill ourselves
>>
>>381316392
>>381316524
>>381315160
These cover it pretty damn well.
>>
>>381316683
>it's definitely more interesting/fun to play than new vegas,
Hahahhaha, no.
>>
>>381314202
Replace 80% of raiders with another enemy.
Remove random scaled loot chests from the end of every location.
Make settlements more interesting/useful.
Remove half the protagonist dialogue choices because they're all the same anyway.
Remove half of SPECIAL, add more perks.

It's not an RPG, trying to make it one wouldn't help.
>>
>>381314268
So by adding more literal faggots and removing 90% of locations. Great.
>>
>>381317017
>no arguments
Typical new vegas shill
>>
>>381314202
By selling the rights to the franchise to another company and using the money to create a brand new IP that I'd be willing to work on as a passion project.
>>
>>381314383
>Not as good as Fallout 3
>>381315160
>List of problems which were far worse in Fallout 3
>>
>>381317034
You literally made it worse for the most part
>>
>>381315845
And none of them will ever even consider hitting on you unless you make the first move. Even BioWare did that better.
>>
Start with a story idea not le epic twist upvote. The main quest line is dogshit and boring.
>>
>>381316135
>The BoS turned from a Freedom fighting Group in Fallout 3 to full out Nazis Wanna be trying to control everything and everyone
Maybe don't post in a Fallout thread if you don't know anything about Fallout. BoS in 4 fixed Bethesda's stupidest mistake in 3.
>>
>>381315160
New vegas has those same issues, but /v/ shills it day and night
>>
File: 1496771709215.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1496771709215.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
>>381314202
By making the plot of it at least somewhat make sense with the a modicum of internal consistency. Seriously, how do you develop a whole game based around the android quest in Fallout 3, one of the better quests in that shit game, and fuck up that hard doing it?
>>
>>381317407
To be fair at least OWB was good, HH was decent as well. Virtually every time Obsidian try to make a linear or story driven DLC it's fucking horrendous, see Lonesome Road.
>>
>>381316074
Use the 'pillar glitch' with the super mutant pole to ignore uneven ground. Basically the system is busted unless you do obtuse shit.
>>
File: reddit where you belong.jpg (40KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
reddit where you belong.jpg
40KB, 320x320px
>>381316059
>>
>>381317484
Lonesome road pretty much cements Chris Avalone as a fucking hack
It's so awful it's unbelievable they shipped it as it is
It even shits on what they fixed in the main game, your character not really having a real backstory
But people here still shill new vegas like it's some masterpiece
>>
>>381316059
Curie is inferior as a synth and this comic is shitty and so are you.
So is this fucking game.
>>
>>381317205
No I didn't.
SPECIAL is completely useless in 4. Just drop the pretense of it being an RPG. It's not, it's like Rage 2 with worse gunplay.
>>
>>381314202
>no voiced MC
>remove "sarcastic button
>have more Choices in dialog
>make it so you can become a bandit at the begining of the game (fuck you nuka World).
>create more settlements and Towns for you to take over by doing quests for the Town folk if you minuitman or to take over if your a raider.
>give the institut an actual goal
>able to call father on his bullshit if you explorer the not allowed to enter part of the facility
>bring back skills back ffs
>fuck it, kill the hole perk system and just copypaste from NW/F3 but with more shit
>make perk/skills useful in the World in more than two places.

thats just a top of my head.
>>
>>381317763
Or you can just turn back the dial and change things back to when they were good rather than being an idiot and stripping it further.
>>
>>381316059
you make sick posting that comic.
>>
File: Fallout 3 writing.webm (2MB, 768x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 writing.webm
2MB, 768x480px
>>381317968
They're realistic improvements, "make it like older games / add more depth" is so obvious and unrealistic it's not worth saying.

What purpose is the dialogue system if every choice is essentially the same? Why should the remaining "RPG elements" still be there when they do nothing? The fucking intelligence stat makes you get more XP now, just get rid of it.
>>
>>381317968
I think he's suggesting realistic changes that could have been made given that Bethesda were never going to make a real RPG
>>
>>381318254
>they're realistic improvements
Nigger they're not improvements and in this situation you can change anything so it's better to bring back what was good. You're not smart for going the simple route.
>>
>>381316074
yes. you need to build settlements to finish the main quest.
>>
>>381317148
Don't get me wrong family, I don't love 3 much more and a lot of those do apply in some ways I won't deny that but my original comment was dealing only with lack of content issue and comparatively Skyrim and Fallout 3 have a lot more real quests and content. The sheer laziness of 4 in this area was always the most stunning to me, because I had lowered my expectations thinking "well at least it might be as good as the terrible shit they already have" but 4 doesn't even try to be the least bit compelling, they literally give you a sandbox and radiant quests and then tell you to make up the story in between the ten or so real quests in the game aside from the main one.

In a strange way I can see how people might prefer this to Bethesda's attempting to write stories and quests and failing as usual but I personally give 3 a slight nod of approval over 4 for the effort of actually giving enough of a shit to attempt to entertain you with quests that aren't mmo bullshit.
>>
>>381318295
>they're not improvements
A good FPS is better than a bad RPG.
>>
Make the Enclave a joinable faction
>>
>>381318625
the enclave are dead. as they should be.
>>
>>381314202
Fix the speech option so it's not random if you persuade someone and you need to have a specific amount, remove your characters ability to talk, and give it a brand new main story line that is actually interesting.
>>
File: 1497728013950.png (43KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1497728013950.png
43KB, 300x170px
>>381317627
Well excuse me I haven't found a perfect game with no flaws, princess.
>>
There are too many things that would have to be changed.

>Better overall writing for the main plot, characters, dialogue, and notes
>A skill system that allows you to define your character instead of just picking perks
>Factions that actually have internal logic and aren't outright obnoxious, flawed but not insufferable
>No voiced protagonist, just go back to unique dialogue choices
>Weapon/Armor modding that just all goes towards the same shit
>Weapons that don't look like trash/the exact same (the fucking rifle and shotgun that look identical is retarded)
>Either scrap the colony building or allow for more freedom, the fact that you may not be able to place a bed because you have to many decorations is stupid
>Better quests entirely, infinite radiant quests for people you don't care about is shit

There's so much more I could list. Nearly every aspect of the game ranges from a complete mess to just being mediocre. Even small issues turn into really obnoxious underlying flaws. Shit like your character only dusting off the Pipboy's screen a little bit so your main menus ALWAYS have fucking dust on it. Or some companions basically saying you're and awful human being because you choose to lock pick. Or how there's post-war drugs and weaponry in sealed pre-war safes. The game is just such a mess I don't even know where to begin. Fallout 3 had serious problems, but with mods it could be a fun post-apocalyptic romp. I don't even know where you'd start with Fallout 4 since there's so much fundamentally wrong with it. Can you make an overhaul to the entire dialogue system? Can you implement reworked factions so they're not idiotic? It's just such a mess.

At least Skyrim looked pretty sometimes with the environments. Fallout 4 has all the casualization problems multiplied, then placed in a world that looks like shit and appears even more washed out and pale than previous games. The game isn't good even in screenshots, which says a lot.
>>
>>381318452
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests#Side_quests
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_quests#Side_quests
I can't tell which is worse. Fallout 3 sidequests were more elaborate but still almost all weak and forgettable.
>>
>>381319087
Not that guy, but I genuinely do remember some of the quest in Fallout 3 which I can't say for Fallout 4.

I remember shit like the Wasteland Survival Guide which could be fun with all the side objectives you had and the use of perks (can skip the robot shit by just having the robot perk). I remember going to find the stradivarius for the old woman who then gave me the ability to listen to her music on the radio. I remember Grayditch and the amount of ways it could play out (sabotage the scientist's research, bring the kid to his aunt, bring the kid to Little Lamplight, bring the kid and sell him into slavery, convince him to tell you about his dad's weapon stash, etc). Hell, I remember even the unlabeled shit like convincing the brother in Megaton to stop doing drugs or helping the one mercenary chick find out what happened to her father.

In Fallout 4 I think I remember the Cabot house quest line and some of the companion's quests. Even then, I don't remember them fondly. Fallout 3 had issues, but I did genuinely enjoy some of the quests, even if most missed the point of Fallout's purpose.
>>
File: ifs.png (402KB, 595x315px) Image search: [Google]
ifs.png
402KB, 595x315px
>>381314202
just for the settlements:
let me fucking cook with the fucking clean water I fucking produce
being able to scrap and rebuild everything, I hate that building a settlement is ruined because of half a house
let me build shit that don't look like slums
clear indication of what it produces per day (water, food, ammo)
clear indication of what is used for defense (weapon, armor, ammo)
settlement quests can auto-complete themselves with enough defense
settlements can give services in survival mode, like immersive fast travel, sending supplies, etc
>>
>>381315160
This guy knows what's up.

I will add that I fucking hated the cartonish green hud and the shitty % perks.

Also people want muh apokalypse.
>Why is all so Grey ?
>I want that bright light :D

Someone end these fools alreadyy.
>>
>>381317148
The exploration in 3 was WAY more fun.

Also the shitty synth main-quest from 4 was an interesting side quest in 3.

The perks felt way better as well.
>>
>>381317953
That fucking sarcasm option...

It is like bathesda is the mothershipp of numale developers.

>hurr durr I'm so sarcastic cause I'm so intelligent :D rawr.
>>
>>381318958
New vegas has a ton of flaws
>>381319087
3 had interesting quests fuck off obsidian shill
Name 5 interesting quests from new vegas base game
>>
>>381319005

I wonder if jewthesda I'll fix even 10% if this shit in the next fallout.

Probably not. They will glue some shitty and shallow rpg mechanics onto it and call it a day.
>>
>>381319496
Those quests were all bland, you could have at least dropped Tennpenny Tower or the return to Vault 101.
>>
Fallout 4 had better companions than new vegas
unless youre libtard redditor though
>>
>>381319496
100% agree.

Fallout 3 had great ideas and memorable moments despite its flaws.
>>
The main issue I have with that game is the world just doesn't feel real. Ppl chilling in towns working and living just fine but literally 5 steps out of the entrance of wherever you are you got 15 super mutants with nukes being retarded and 5 steps from them there's a lone merchant walking along not giving na fuck because luckily the merchant is invincible and shit.

Its just all so slapped together and not giving thought. In new Vegas its clear which are safe routes for huge groups of traveling merchants and they have well equipped body guards and NCR outposts lining these safe areas. There's a sense of actual communities actively keeping towns and certain areas safe for living. The only issues being the occasional group or straggler raider or gangbanger starting shit with people who get gunned down swiftly by patrols or posted watch. I love that sense of security down by the strip. Even the NPCs mention to you where you gotta watch your back and be careful cuz 'south of town is gang territory try going this way instead'

Out more in the boonies is where the wildlife obviously lives, cuz even mutant creatures will naturally avoid populates areas. A place like goodsprings will get the occasional rad scorpion that wandered in because its a quiet, more out there kinda place.

Fallout 4 has a lot of flaws but the nonsensical world and world building just fucks up the immersion and roleplay aspect for me. sorry this post is a mess I'm taking an shit and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet
>>
>>381320446
Fallout 4 sold well. Don't fix what isn't broken, right? And nothing says that like millions of copies sold.
>>
File: 1469774833880.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1469774833880.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>381320479
>Preston
>Danse
>Deacon
>MacReady
>X6-88
>>
>>381320614
It doesn't feel in new vegas either but that's cool tho, best game ever
>>
File: green lex luthor.png (199KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
green lex luthor.png
199KB, 321x306px
>>381314202
have more dialogue options and deeper roleplaying
reconcile stuff in the game to be consistent with the canon of previous games

That's basically it. The game is pretty much fine in every other regard.
People always complain about settlements not being complete realistic simulations or building not being 100% perfect or whatever without realizing that those are brand new features. Simply by virtue of their being there the game is improving on its predecessors. Fallout 4 actually introduces a shitton of new stuff to the series and people are blind to that because all they wanted was a New Vegas sequel.
And also, people have the balls to complain that Fallout 4 is buggy or has a dumb plot or bad animations, as if that's a problem unique to Fallout 4. There has never been a Gamebryo title, ever, that didn't release a buggy pile of shit with bad animations and lackluster graphics.

Most of the complaints besides qualms about the shitty dialogue just boil down to "it wasn't perfect". People just have unrealistic expectations and can't see the forest for the trees. Don't get me wrong, the game could have been a lot better, and New Vegas outdoes it in some ways, but it's still great. And it does new things other titles never did, which is a huge plus in a genre that has honestly barely changed since Morrowind released.
>>
>>381321026
Yea true
>>
>>381317407
What are you on about, the only problems it shares are the ones that are solely because of the limits of the gamebryo engine like shitty animation.
>>
The thing that really bothered me about fallout 4 was there wasn't really anything referenced to adult themes. Sex was just ignored and avoided like the plague, even just simple attraction. The flirting and "relationship" system was so sterile and clean it felt like something out of a children's show.
>>
>>381317379
Lol no there not, since when do the BoS give a shit about anything other than hoarding tech and hiding, srsly where do they get all that bullshit equipment to actually form an army, their not even the main chapter.

Also Maxson is written like a Mary sue who everybody follows because reasons and when you read about things he actually did back in DC it reads like a bad fanfic.
>>
>>381321769
>there not
>their not
Running the gamut of stupidity here.
>>
>>381321462
>Lack of real content.
Legion content sucks, is unfinished
They didn't use the DLC to finish this up either

>Terrible story, plot and characterization
Plot is "everyone needs X place!"
Characters being gay is somehow considered characterization

>One of the dumbest "twists" ever in a story I have seen.
See lonesome road

>No attempt at world building or immersion.
12 people living in new vegas, game looks so bad it's impossible to immerse yourself

>Poorly programmed.
Yup, more bugs than Fallout 3

>Embarrassing graphics, animation and optimization for a AAA title.
Check

>Bad lackluster mod tier DLC.
Only liked dead money

>Lack of interesting places to visit in a gigantic map.
Even fallout 3 did this better

Now before you get mad, I do know the engine sucks but that doesn't mean that the issues aren't fucking there
And New vegas did add back some of the roleplaying elements, it's too bad they're back in such a boring game tho
>>
Remove every song on the radio and put good music from the 30-50 on it.
>>
>>381314202
>No voiced protagonist
>Bring back skills
>More than 4 dialogue options per conversation
>More skill/S.P.E.C.I.A.L. checks
>Add more memorable side quests
>No railroaded story or at least downplay it so we're free to explore
>Don't start me off in the corner of the map
>All-around tweaks to immersion and worldbuilding
>More internal consistency
>Improve settlement building mechanics and AI while keeping it optional from the main game
>Deeper interactions with companions and special NPCs, immersive romance and consequence
>Rework the faction system to flesh out their motivations and give each side its own special benefits like unique dialogue, perks and loot
>More options for dealing with groups during the main quest.
>A proper final boss
And those are just a few I can think of.
>>
>>381322102
Why the fuck did they think people want to hear the songs they heard for 100 hours in Fallout 3 again.
>>
>>381322073
>Legion content sucks, is unfinished
They didn't use the DLC to finish this up either

They were unfinished because of time constraites but they were still fleshed out, not to mention your pointing out one faction while the rest of the game still has plenty of content.

>Plot is "everyone needs X place!"
Characters being gay is somehow considered characterization
Overarching theme is that of two old world ideologies holding onto the past the Dam is just the set piece for the conflict, the story is about the two powers.
Also being gay was no ones sole characterization

>12 people living in new vegas, game looks so bad it's impossible to immerse yourself

Theirs plenty of world building in game, new vegas is alot bigger than 12 people and a lot of areas around it are designed to explain things like where NCR gets thier food and things, also plenty of world building about the factions of the wasteland.

>One of the dumbest "twists" ever in a story I have seen.
Never completed Lonesome road so dont know

>Poorly programmed.
>Embarrassing graphics, animation and optimization for a AAA title.
True but really more just a shitty engine than anything else.

>Lack of interesting places to visit in a gigantic map.
Plenty of interesting places to go too. Even then it wouldn't even compare to fallout 4 which has like 2 or 3 interesting places and the rest is just settlements where your expected to do all the work.
>>
>>381322073
>Legion content sucks, is unfinished
Unlike Bethesda Fallout games where the evil faction content is extensive.
>>
non voiced protag, killable Preston 'the quest spammer' Garvey, that junkie and those whinging bitches oh and that B.o.S character that looked like buzz lightyear >.<
>>
>>381320362
>>New vegas has a ton of flaws
No one is denying that, but it's still a better Fallout than everything Bethesda will ever make
>>
>>381317034

That fucking loot chests fuck them all. What were they thinking?
>>
>>381322960
Fallout 4 does this much better
And the DLC expands on the base games ideas and story so well, unlike New vegas DLC

>>381322659
>Overarching theme
Using "theme" to make something seem better than it is is very fucking cheap. It's a battle over an X thing, don't oversell something simple

Also the Legion being based on Rome is fucking dumb, nothing more to it
It's just ridiculous and Ceaser is an awful character

>Also being gay was no ones sole characterization
The writing was pretty awful so it just as might have been
Describe Veronica to me for example. Let's see how interesting you can make her found

>Theirs plenty of world building in game, new vegas is alot bigger than 12 people and a lot of areas around it are designed to explain things like where NCR gets thier food and things, also plenty of world building about the factions of the wasteland.

The game isn't immersive was my point, not in world logic for things which is good in New vegas. It's not immersive because it looks like ass and New vegas is so small it's like a joke

>Never completed Lonesome road so dont know
I envy you

>True but really more just a shitty engine than anything else.
The post was asking me what issues New vegas has out of those. I was just adding it to the list

>Plenty of interesting places to go too
Like what?
>>
>>381324409
Fallout 3 is more memorable and fun overall
>>
>>381324821
Doubt
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-09-14 12-56-35-35.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-09-14 12-56-35-35.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
Get rid of the settlement garbage
Rework all the weapon and armor design
Get rid of the current main story and use one with a blank slate character
Rework t he city and buildings design so it's not like a rejected lego project
Expand the power armor
Redo the combat system so it actually feels like a shooter and not a MMOshooter
get rid of bethesda
>>
>>381324821
Fallout 3 is memorable for all the wrong reasons
>town asks you to get rid of vampires
>do so
>go back to town and they start shooting at you

>some dude in the middle of DC whos drunk 24/7 with two whores is completely ignored by raiders JUST NEXT DOOR

>two shacks inhabited by 2 people and a brahmin is a town
>right next door is a massive raider base with a captured giant super mutant

>the nuke
>>
>>381314202

Higher difficulty shouldn't turn my guns into pee shooters and enemies into bullet sponges. Playing any of the modern Fallouts on a harder difficulty means you have to play as a demolitions expert and spam mines as you run backwards and enemies run to you at half the speed of sound.
>>
>>381325267
I mean at least FO3 has some memorable moments. FO4 sure doesn't, its plot feels so sterile and bland
>>
>>381325437
That I agree completely, Jesus fucking Christ at least Fallout 3 tried and I never thought I would say that. The only thing I liked about 4 is a few of the companions, its a shame they are in such a crappy game.
>>
>>381325267

To be fair, Fallout in general is retarded

>AI from vacuum tube electronics
>flying robots that keep flying for hundreds of years without fuel recharge
>computers still work 250 years after the capacitors have failed
>pre-war food is still abundant and edible 250 years later

This is just off the top of my head.
>>
File: oka.jpg (23KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
oka.jpg
23KB, 300x200px
>>381314202
No voiced protag
20% more quests
Different writers for a couple reasons
A better main questline
Survival mode at launch
Different architecture/art style so the map doesnt look like a toddler-toy recycling plant
80% of the settlement locations on the map changed into actual locations with named NPCs or things to do
Maybe spread the map out a bit more since we added sprinting
I'd say I'd pick a different setting than boston but that's probably just cause beth didnt execute well on the setting
>>
>>381325672
See, this is where the whole "suspension of disbelief" and "internal consistency" shit comes into place.

I'm OK with a pulpy 50s sci-fi retro world with robots made out of vacuum tubes because that's simply what nearly everything in the FO universe looks like, as well as computers and pre-war food working and being edible for the sake of convenience. What I'm not OK with is a cult of children living in a cave next to deathclaws and super mutants. How did the children get there? Why do they live next to rapebeasts that would fuck them to death if they stepped outside? Why not in a supermarket or next to a water source? Why are people worshipping a nuclear bomb? Why did people build a fucking town around it? Why does someone want to blow it up? Why is clean water such a big deal when everyone seems to manage just fine without it, minus a few hobos?

Fallout 3 isn't just asking me to be deal with some silly foundations the franchise is built upon, it's asking me to turn my brain off.
>>
>>381325672
The difference is I can suspend my disbelief at unicycle robots that are built to last and tribal doo-doo-voodoo, I can't do that with stuff that should better thought out even in a fantasy setting where abything goes.
>>
kept everything the same, but ripped off the nemesis system from Shadows of Mordor.
make the settlement invasions tie in with the Nemesis system.
reintroduce a karma system and have different enemies attack based on karma as well.
more faction tie in, make factions matter, have sets of quest unlock based on faction involvement (Fallout 2 did this and they can't do it in Fallout 4).
i would reintroduce locational damage and effects. bring back shooting people in the eyes, groin, dismemberment, maims, the ability to crit knockback, reintroduce the ability to knock people unconscious (again, stuff we had in Fallout 2), so combat can be more about who pumps who full of the most lead the quickest or whoever has the biggest nuke wins.

i would massively improve follower AI. make them do actual things instead of just shoot, tying in with reintroducing locational combat mechanics. (imagine being able to instruct your follower to take killshots or disabling shots).

i would've just added detail where it's completely lacking, in a gameplay sense, not story.
the story is complete shit, the least you can do with the game is make it play like Phantom Pain.
>>
>>381316524
This guy gets it. Bethesda wants to do yet another wacky Post Apocalypse even though it doesn't make sense for the setting anymore. NV had the right idea, changing the genre to be more like a Western. For 4, I wish they'd gone full Revolutionary War and made it about rival colonies vs a larger foreign power, all of them being well established since the bombs fell 200+ fucking years ago.
>>
1. Fuck off with protagonist voice acting. 2 actors of which possibly a lot of people didn't even fucking bother with both, meaning half of that budged was wasted.

2. Fuck off with the story line of who you are, what you worked as, whom your family is and SHAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

3. Kept the cryo thing in, but make you wake with a similar position where the vault has been abandoned. Note on PC's and possibly a video explaining what the experiment was can be discovered going through it. Maybe even allow you to start the game going into the vault and being a test subject and picking options of what you were before being frozen. Goal unclear when woken, maybe to find what happened or what happened to your SO that you can also make a story for before going in? IDK, I would have to think a few days about it, but not the shit that was sold to us.

4. Make NPC's react differently to your actions/what you say. Make actual choices in dialog. Not make every fucking quest automatically given to you. Telling Preston to fuck off sticks and maybe options of helping raiders or leaving them all to fucking rot etc etc.

Should I go on? Because I could probably write 100 of these.....
>>
>>381314202
no VA

allows for more complex dialogue trees

and no defined backstory because that's fucking retarded in a bethesda game
>>
File: 1470943297919.jpg (94KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470943297919.jpg
94KB, 320x300px
>""Role playing game""
>You can only play 2 preset roles with their own history, sexual orientation, etc.
>One of them is a lawyer who acts like a soldier for the whole game and does no lawyering
>There are multiple instances of her being referred to as "he/him" anyway
>>
>>381328325
I believe there are a few bits and pieces here and there that were pointing to the fact that originally there was only going to be the choice of male without them coming out and saying so out right. Somehow, that started to spread and gain attention before any official announcement and people were up in arms. Not long after, announcement was made that you could also be female.

So I wouldn't be surprised if in their rush to add a protagonist female they missed a few things here and there. Besides the fact obviously that quite a few things still point to the fact that male is cannon and female doesn't make sense.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.