[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the absolute worst MK character introduced in the PS2 era?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12

File: mk-shitsmageddon.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mk-shitsmageddon.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
What was the absolute worst MK character introduced in the PS2 era?
>>
>>381313717
Mokap.

Next.
>>
I dont remember if he got introduced in ps2 era or even before, but Bo Rai Cho fucking sucks and I hate him
>>
>>381313734
At least Mokap was memorable from how ridiculous he was. I'd vote for that one black guy in shades that was the leader of a cult or whatever. All i remember from him is that Kenshi killed him.
>>
>>381313869
Bo Rai Cho was bad, but there were a lot worse in the PS2 dark age of MK.
>>
either shinjoku or whatever his name was or Kobra
>>
What happened during that period of time, when MK got so many shit games and characters?
>>
>>381313717
Zombie Liu Kang was fucking dumb.
>>
>>381314091
Netherream thought a big roster was all they needed to sell tons of copies, not realizing that 15 well made and fleshed out characters is much better than 30 shit characters.
>>
ps2 games felt like one big experiment
-3d movement
-stance changes
-weapons
>>
>>381313717
Mario Kart was never on the PS2. Lurk more sonyfag.
>>
Blaze was botched to hell. They took the guy from The Pit in Mk2 and made him a character, which was cool, but then they made him this giant boss character which ruined the whole thing.
>>
Onaga was the stupidest thing ever. What was even the point of the character? What was he? Just a big fucking dragon thing? Did he even serve a purpose?
>>
Kintaro is pretty stupid.
Dairou is really lame.
Taven is awful, so is Kobra.

Some more awful ones but some element of their design is kind of interesting.
>>
They completely ruined Reptiles design in those games. I don't think he should be just another colored ninja, but he looked absolutely awful in these games.
>>
>>381314573
Kintaro is pre-ps2 era tho. And I think his concept is sort of interesting.
>>
>>381314082
Shujinko, which is japanese for "Main Character." They brought him back in an arcade ending for MKX, where whoevers ending it was thinks they find Shang Tsung and kill them, but it was actually shujinko.
>>
>>381314573
Kintaro wasn't that bad. Also, he was introduced before the PS2 era, i think in mk3 or something. He is the weakest of the preS2 era though.
>>
Dairou
Who gives a fuck about Dairou
>>
>>381314928
Dai-who?

Seriously though, who the fuck was Dairou? Was he that guy Kenshi killed? Leader of the black dragon or some shit?
>>
File: Mkddairou6ht.png (253KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mkddairou6ht.png
253KB, 502x600px
>>381315015
> After escaping prison Dairou went rogue and decided to work as a mercenary. He takes assignments where he can find them, whether they are noble or not.
He basically did nothing of any note and looked pretty fucking generic
>>
Almost every female, that faggot with the mask.

The only good PS2 era characers are as follows:
Rain
Reiko
Fujin
Order faggot that is basically Fujin
Kenshi
Zombie Lio Kang
Quan Chi
Shinnok
>>
>>381315121
Quan chi was introduced in Mk4.
>>
>>381315189

Oh right, that's not PS2. I forget, like how I forget that Tekken 3 wasn't PS1.

Take Quan Chi, Shinnok, Fujin and Reiko off the list then.
>>
>>381315090
>He basically did nothing of any note and looked pretty fucking generic

that describes about 70% of Armageddons cast. Man, Midway must have been really fucking desperate to up that roster.
>>
>>381313717
Mokap, Drahmin Meat, or the two super generic brothers that were new for Armageddon. Most of the rest had some redeeming qualities or at least looked cool.
>>
>>381315247
Tekken 3 IS on PS1 tho.
>>
>>381314569
He was the boss of Deception, some big bad evil faggot who had the power of the dragonba- i mean Kamidogu.
>>
>>381315786

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>381313869
t. Mrgstar
>>
>>381315786
>>381315824
Tekken Tag Tournament was on PS2, maybe he confused the two? I do that too sometimes.
>>
>>381315121
>Rain
Rain was added in Ultimate 3
>>
>>381315954

You mean Trilogy? The only secret characters I recall from ultimate are original sub, ermac and like mileena or some shit. Noob Saibot was unplayable but there too.
>>
Asrah ,Frost

Who fuck thought making rip off versions of popular male chars would be good idea
>>
>>381314892
>>381314768
He's Goro with tiger stripes, get fucked.
>>
>>381313717
Fujin is from MK Mythologies Sub-Zero, though.
>>
File: MKA_Taven_Render.png (114KB, 361x396px) Image search: [Google]
MKA_Taven_Render.png
114KB, 361x396px
Taven, the least memorable protagonist of all time.
>>
>>381316149
Good lord, i forgot about that game. What the fuck made Midway think that game was acceptable to release?
>>
>>381316463
>Midway has never released half baked shit
Midway is probably the most notorious publisher for making garbage
>>
>>381316569
Yeah, but for Mortal Kombat? At the time it was their most popular franchise.
>>
>>381316626
>>
>>381316626
even mortal kombat games aren't that well made, but it helps with the grindhouse asthetic
>>
Generic white guy Kobra and generib black guy Darius.

Those characters had no reason to exist.
>>
Man, Armageddon was fucking trash.
>let's make a dream match game with every character ever, like Tekken Tag or KOF98/2002!
>oh shit, there's no way we can possibly fit every unique fatality on the disc, so let's give everyone the same pool of generic fatalities to choose from!
That's what happens when you rely primarily on a gimmick instead of actual gameplay. Not to mention, MK during the 6th gen as a whole was trash for becoming a 3D fighter with weapons instead of staying a 2D fighter. The only good game during the era was Shaolin Monks, which wasn't even a fighting game
>>
GODDAMN MONGORIAN
>>
>>381317036
They also fucked up Blaze, which i'm still mad about. Blaze could've been cool. And they didn't even include Hornebuckle!
>>
File: shujinko-chaosrealm.jpg (109KB, 1313x760px) Image search: [Google]
shujinko-chaosrealm.jpg
109KB, 1313x760px
>>381316169
>entire single player story mode is all built around controlling a single new character
>gets dropped from future canon and barely anyone remembers him, his attacks or anything unique about the character

Impressive considering you were forced to use him for about 10 hours straight
>>
>>381316958
well Kobra was supposed to be Ken but the rights fell through. Darrius was created becuase of Morpheus. Both are still ass though
>>
>>381317329
>moveset is just other peoples moves
how fucking boring can you get?
>>
File: oldshit.jpg (136KB, 784x793px) Image search: [Google]
oldshit.jpg
136KB, 784x793px
>>381313717
I don't get you, I think Mortal Kombat Armageddon is a great game.

>shit ton of characters
>new Konquest mode
>real 3D combat
>air juggles
>shit ton of levels
>create your fatality
>Kreate a fighter
>Motor Kombat
>all this shit ONLINE
>>
>>381317453
he wasn't even shitting on the game anon
>>
>>381317453
>shit ton of characters

I think you mean "ton of shit characters."

>create your fatality

It was complete and utter ass in the way it was executed.
>>
>>381313717
Hsu Hao, even Ed Boon states that he was the most despised among the games. Personally I believe Kira is the worst character.
>>
>>381317264
They also fucked up Motaro by making him bipedal.
>>
>>381313717
Kobra
>>
File: 1471747329012.png (131KB, 936x588px) Image search: [Google]
1471747329012.png
131KB, 936x588px
>>381317329
I was an autistic shit with Deception, I'll never be able to forget Shujinko and his shit gimmick.
>>
>>381317614
Oh god i forgot about that. Who though that was a good idea? Why did they even do that in the first place?
>>
Mokap and Motoro without his horse body.
>>
So happy Erron Black says he killed Kobra.
>>
>>381317806
>Why did they even do that in the first place?
Because they literally didn't know how to make a centaur work in the 3d environment.
>>
>>381317806
I guess for """"""""""balance"""""""""". But really because they were too lazy to give him four legs.
>>
>Deadly Alliance
>Deception
>Armageddon

Which of these was the worst in your opinion?
>>
>>381318038
Armageddon by a fucking long run. Create-a-fatality, tons of really shitty characters, and a shitty single-player mode. The only thing good about it is motor kombat which is surprisingly okay. At least Deception introduced Kenshi.
>>
>>381317329
Never finished Shujinko's story. It was all one long fucking tutorial and when I got to learning Kenshi or Ermac's moves I just couldn't get their long ass button combo right.

Made me appreciate Taven in the next game, even if I don't remember shit about him now.
>>
>>381317329
Its kind of funny how quickly they are killing off the ones they like and don't like. Shujinko is killed in Cassie Cage's ending before he can invoke Onaga. Kobra was killed by Erron Black off screen. Reiko was killed in the comics after being consumed by the Blood Kode after being tricked by Havik Sonya ripped Kintaro's head off after being possesed by Blood God Havik.Quan Chi obliterates Drahmin and Moloch before crushing Havik's head under his boot (Even though Havik was one of the characters NRS actually liked and the comics writer said it was probably the hardest decision NRS told him to go with)

The MK XI ruse cruise is going to be fun. Especially with the comics.
>>
>>381318245
This is why i like Netherrealm so much, instead of just pretending the shitty characters never existed, they straight up kill them for fan amusement. Also, if the fanbase thinks someone is a playable character, they are eventually. Still waiting on Hornebuckle though.
>>
File: Ashrah7wx.png (445KB, 571x853px) Image search: [Google]
Ashrah7wx.png
445KB, 571x853px
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that remembers this character.

I thought she was fun.
>>
>>381318245
>Shujinko is killed in Cassie Cage's ending before he can invoke Onaga.
Wasn't he mistaken for Shang Tsung?
>>
>>381318245
so Ferra/Tor, Jacqui Briggs,Kung Jin and Kotal Kahn are potential fodder
>>
deception is best MK
fuck shujinko though
>>
>>381318245
>Even though Havik was one of the characters NRS actually liked
Probably because they didn't know how to animate him. Same shit they pulled with motaro.
>>
>>381317894
One thing good from the MKX is how they kill some of the bad characters to make sure they wont come back

Hsu Sao,mavado and reino being killed in the comics was great
>>
>>381318686
>Kotal Khan
>comic: proud warrior who rose to power through great strength and leadership
>game: deceptive little wankstein who pusses out at the mention of Shnooky Attack Helicopter appearing
I'm still fucking mad
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 153x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 153x185px
>>381318531
What are you me?

I really liked her second costume
>>
>>381318245
Why did they kill off Havik anyway?
He along with Kenshi were the 2 best and freshest new characters introduced in Deception but only Kenshi seems to the the golden boy of that game
>>
Well Netherrealm did a miracle by making Tremor cool as fuck and Bo hai sho not soo terrible in MKX.I bet they could make some of the ps2 era character more cool now...like that whole Order/Chaos realm guys
>>
>>381313717
scorpoin
>>
>>381318458
I knew the MK X comic was going to be good the minute Hsu-Hao got Scorpion's fist through his skull in the first issue. The only time they got fan backlash is Havik being killed because Havik was cool and if the endings of X are hints of what's going forward. Tanya sells out Rain who is burned at the stake by Kotal Kahn so he's probably not coming back, which is why some fans were pissed (I think it's fine to retire him now looking how Prince passed away recently as well and the whole reason he existed was a joke because Ed Boon really liked Prince and his favorite album of all time was Purple Rain).

>>381318609
Correct. But Shujinko thanks her for killing him before he could unite the Kamidogu. It's a bit of both. Samsung is coming back though.

>>381318686
NRS love Kotal and I'd imagine they are going to have the comic writer do the game as well this time (Shawn Kittlesen did the IJ2 Story mode) so less koward Kotal and more Kotal Krew bro-ship.

>>381319604
Comic writer and NRS writers wanted to have a meaningful death and "No one was safe" out of the popular characters not in MK X. They teased it was going to be Skarlet but it was Havik who they decided to kill.
>>
>>381319937
I didn't keep up with MK for awhile. I'm guessing they gave the axe to characters like frost, nitara, and fujin?
>>
>>381320332
Frost showed up in-game in the story, along with Fujin. Frost got fucked up by sub-zero but didn't die and Fujin help Raiden fight demons and then is never mentioned again.
>>
>>381318245
>>381319937

>you now remember the fun times you had 2-3 years ago in the constant MKX Hype threads, finding funny names for Kotal Khan like The Tortilla Terminator or the Mexican Menace
>>
File: MK_Havik_01_5631.png (111KB, 347x274px) Image search: [Google]
MK_Havik_01_5631.png
111KB, 347x274px
Deception had neat things like Konquest and the mini games but pretty much all the new characters introduced in that game were fucking lame.

Kobra, Kira, Darrius, Ashrah, Shujinko, take your pick. I think Havik was the closest thing to a cool character that game had, in fact I actually would have even taken him back in MKX over someone like Bo Rai Cho
>>
>>381320449
I guess they can probably do something with those two. Nitara is probably considered dead already do to her clashing too much with skarlet.
>>
>>381320457
Kek /v/ keeps shitting on MK but when a new game comes up,we have some of the comfiest threads with some cool memes

>grope zero in MK9
>taco khan memes

/v/ is Tsundere as fuck
>>
File: BODY_HAVIK_ALT.png (52KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
BODY_HAVIK_ALT.png
52KB, 256x256px
>>381320682
His Alt costume was so much better than the pony tail original
>>
File: GropeZero.jpg (74KB, 840x1120px) Image search: [Google]
GropeZero.jpg
74KB, 840x1120px
>>381320332
Frost and Fujin are in MK X story mode. Nitara was supposed to be in Deception and her character model and some move data is in the game but she was dropped.
>>381320713
The guy who wrote the comics said she's alive and scheming in Outworld and the general rule they have is unless they mention/show in game the character is dead or kill them in the comics, you can assume they are alive. The only mention in the comic is that Quan Chi traded something with her to give Havik the Blood Magik needed to summon the blood god and retrieve Shinnok's amulet from Raiden.
>>381320816
Portal Kombat was a good month
>>
>>381320824
He looks like ermac
>>
>>381316039
No. Rain was actually in Ultimate MK 3, not as a secret character either.
He's still pretty lame though
>>
>>381318531
She was interesting. So was the Vampire woman.
>>
>>381318864
Of the PS2 era ones, yeah.
MKX is the best MK though
>>
>>381315121
Only two of those were from the PS2 era.
>>
>>381318038

Armageddon was absolute shit.

I really like Deadly Alliance and Deception though
>>
I liked Armageddon.

>Best Konquest mode on PS2.
>Most Characters(yeah there's some shitty ones but you don't have to play as them).
>Kreate a Fighter
>>
>>381324030
>Most Characters(yeah there's some shitty ones but you don't have to play as them)

>(yeah there's some shitty ones but you don't have to play as them

>some
>>
>>381315121
WHAT ABOUT FUCKING HAVOK YOU GAY HOMO?
>>
>>38131745
Deception was better in every aspect, and fucking PUZZLE KOMBAT WAS THE FUCKING BEST EVER
>>
>>381324464
Didn't Deception have Chess Kombat too? That was cool. I haven't played it in a long time though, and it might just be a thing is Unchained, the psp game which i think was just a port of Deception.
>>
>>381324660
yup, chess kombat, puzzle kombat and motherfucking Konquest

Finding all the hidden shit and characters and unlocking shit from the graveyard was my fucking jam as a kid
>>
Mavado and Drahmin were the best new characters
Only plebs diagree
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.