[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game came out less than a month ago. Whatever the actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: maf.png (92KB, 742x170px) Image search: [Google]
maf.png
92KB, 742x170px
This game came out less than a month ago. Whatever the actual fuck is going on?
>>
you didn't shill it hard enough
>>
We've reach a point where too many games are being made at once and it's split up playerbases harder than it ever has before.

If your game isn't on the front page of Twitch or being shilled buy some kids favorite YouTuber, expect it to be dead within a month.
>>
>>381312072
>unknown game doesn't get played
Sounds normal to me
>>
>>381312072

I literally never heard of this game, so I looked it up and holy fuck, this is by the creators of Chivalry. How did they not market this.

Maybe I will get it on sale or something. Shame it died. But also >>381312478 is right. The market is really flooded right now, especially with too much MP shit and free to play games.
>>
>>381312713
I was expecting this game because I thought it would be "Chivalry with Mages" but... holy shit.
>>
>>381312478
Sad but true. Marketing is everything now. Small studio/indie games have to be exceptionally good and unique to an extend to even get noticed. Regulation on Steam is non-existant at this point and tons of random trash "games" get on the store daily. You'd get more success paying a streamer/youtuber to play your game than invest that money to polish it.
>>
It's just another """e-sports""" wannabe, there's a market for maybe 5 of them at maximum. Look for this same thread about LawBreakers and Quake Champions a month after their release.
>>
People realized chivalry online was shit.
>>
Wait what? I was kinda interested in this and had no idea it was out.
>>
>>381312916
Quake will do fine. LawBreakers is doomed.
>>
>>381312892
>Regulation on Steam is non-existant at this point and tons of random trash "games" get on the store daily.

I really fucking hate valve for allowing this. Why do they bloat up there store with fucking trash? So many good games get overlooked because people assume it's fucking shovelwear trash like the rest of the garbage on steam now.

Holy fuck I remember when looking at the upcoming releases page on steam was actually useful, now you have to go back like 3 pages to find something releasing next month.
>>
>>381313041
>I remember when looking at the upcoming releases page on steam was actually useful
I don't.
>>
>>381312892
But they did pay streamers and youtubers. For example, TotalBiscuit did a video as early as a year ago.
>>
>>381313165
So dumb. Shoulda waited 'til launch.

TB's video was boring af though.
>>
>>381313041
Simple supply and demand my friend. ThereĀ“s a market for everything, and having a lot of indie dev teams and regular people constantly creating their own stuff and trying to sell it for money does not hurt them in any way.

I do agree that quality control is a huge issue though, they should take hints from PSN and not allow every faggot with RPG-maker or some other cheap shit to just upload their half-assed fanfiction on Steam.
>>
>>381312072

>Shit game sells poorly

Shock horror.
>>
>>381313132

Don't you remember checking it in 2011 and seeing a list of relevant games that were either AAA, AA or highly anticipated indie releases?
>>
>>381313262
No.
>>
>>381313262
>>381313279
I was twelve/thirteen and had a piece of shit laptop, for reference. I was playing shit like Black and White 2 man.
>>
>>381313262
I remember this, sometimes the next game on steam would first be released in months, I miss those times
>>
File: Black Tiger.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Black Tiger.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>381313226
>they should take hints from PSN
It's more like the opposite is happening.
>>
It's an enjoyable game, but an absolute shit launch and awful marketing killed it.
Which is sad, because it's not a bad game, made by the same guys that made Chivalry.
That said, Mordhau will probably be a lot more popular.
>>
File: help.jpg (32KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
32KB, 615x409px
>>381313262
>>381313310
>2011
>I was twelve/thirteen

/v/ has failed to make me feel old until today, fucking kill me
>>
It's because their animations are fucking garbage
>>
>>381312713
If is made by the creators of Chivalry then it must be a buggy mess.
>>
>>381313390
Who fucking green-lighted this at sony?
>>
>>381313389

I remember where if you went 3 pages back (if there was even 3 pages to begin with) you would start going into things releasing the following year territory.
>>
>>381313226
Yes it does. Having a successful game nowadays is a matter of luck and marketing, quality is not important.
>>
>>381313438
Look man it doesn't make me feel any better. I miss the times when I'd be pretending I was born in 96 or whatever. Now I'm actually an adult.
>>
File: 1480914256121.jpg (52KB, 716x520px) Image search: [Google]
1480914256121.jpg
52KB, 716x520px
>>381313438
hehe same here, fuck this kid for posting here
>>
File: 1488876949722.png (149KB, 293x329px) Image search: [Google]
1488876949722.png
149KB, 293x329px
>>381313438
>yfw next year people born in 2000 are allowed to post here
>>
>>381312072
imagine Chivalry, except with a much uglier aesthetic

that's what's going on with Mirage, and that's why nobody is playing
>>
>>381313552
YAMERO
>>
>>381313041
I don't buy it. Steam is the best way to find games. Where else can you filter games by tags, get recommendations based on the games you play, find games based oh how similar they are, see top played and top selling games, see what your friends play, see recently updated games and promoted games on sale or new releases? If you check the Steam frontpage once in a couple days, you aren't going to miss anything worthwhile.
>>
>>381313438
Psst, anon.
There are people who were born in 1996 shitposting when here when they were 11 in 2007.
I was one of them.
>>
>it's time to move on
>don't know where I should move
it would be nice to find a site with increasing age restriction, I doubt it would stop anyone but just knowing would be fine
>>
>>381313603
>see top selling games
You can keep paying Valve to stay in that list forever. See GTAV.
>>
>>381313647
/v/ is such a shell of its former self that it's genuinely exhausting trying to find a thread that isn't reddit-tier ad hominem autism
>>
>>381313603

I check the steam frontpage every day and I never knew of Mirages existence until now.

Steam keeps advertising fucking garbage at me that I would never want to play as well, shit like Blood and Bacon, Immortal Redneck, holy fuck I am not insteaded in these games just fuck off. I eventually had to block both games plus several others like fucking Borderland that keeps popping up in my store. I play Men of War Assault Squad 2, and RO2/RS, why does steam advertise gay meme shit to me?
>>
This title was already being hated for the slow-paced fighting
>>
>>381313625

>a guy who's been here 1 year longer than me is 4 years younger than me

I-i don't know how to feel right now.

Fucking youngoldfag.
>>
>>381313796
>you shoot guns in thoose games, you might also like these games in which you shoot guns!

I have never seen a useful recommendation on Steam.
>>
I bought Mirage after falling in love with Chivalry.

Terrible game. Map design is cluttered, the skills are just annoying to deal with and the game has a slight learning curve. Which is ok, as long as there's people to play with. I was playing during the beta and you were lucky to find 20 people online at any given time and those people were spread out between a shitload of servers.
>>
>>381313647
>>381313749
what's the problem here? discussing the realities of the industry is reddit now?
>>
>>381314092
nothing wrong with this thread, just /v/ in general my famalam.
>>
>>381313924
>2007
>oldfag
I'm right on the cusp of cancer baby.
If it makes you feel any better I only found this shithole because of an older sibling.
>>381314061
Ehh, I found a decent amount of players during the beta, but I definitely didn't buy the game.
Even the free weekend they had didn't help much.
On one hand, it's sad to see the game die like this, but on the other, it's about what I expected.
They farted this shit out with pretty much 0 fanfare and no buzz.
Considering Chivalry sold easily over 3 million copies on PC and consoles combined, this is such a fall from grace that it's almost sad.
I'm not even sure if it was just the medieval aesthetic people liked, so who knows whether or not Mordhau will do well.
>>
>>381313950
>You may like these 2D games, because you recently played 2D games
This actually happened.
>>
>>381312478
Indie/Multiplayer seems to be a death warrant for so many devs. There's just so many games, genres, and so much time that can be spared on just free games alone.
>>
>>381313796
>I play Men of War Assault Squad 2, and RO2/RS, why does steam advertise gay meme shit to me?
You have answered your own question,
>>
>>381314532
I don't know why you'd ever make an indie multiplayer game. If you enter a death spiral, you're out. No one's ever gonna buy your game again. It's so fucking risky.
>>
>>381314625

EPIC Takedown my fellow Squadbro! Company of Heroes sure is the supreme strategy game I can't wait for COH3 and Squad are both finished games.
>>
>>381313625
Nobody would lie on the internet, right?
>>
>>381314767

I made my first shitpost on this site when I was 4 back in 2003.
>>
in order for games like this to work...

MOBAs...must......die
>>
>>381314685
Not entirely true, look at King Arthur's Gold, made by the same guys that made Soldat and it did alright.
Almost 350k for a little indie multiplayer game.
>>
>>381314965
I know it can work. Lethal League also did well, and others too. But why introduce that level of risk when you could just make a singleplayer game?
>>
>>381315000
>But why introduce that level of risk when you could just make a singleplayer game?
Plenty of indie SP games fail, but I get what you mean, once an MP indie game dies it's pretty much irrelevant and you'll probably never play it again.
>>
>>381315093
Right. And no one else will ever buy it again, not even if it's on sale. You're introducing another potential disaster for your game, and you're killing that long tail too.
>>
Why should people be playing this? Why this and not overwatch, cs or chivalry? You can't just shit out an okay game and expect it to be popular, shit has to stand out and there is nothing wrong about that. Read purple cow (or the synopsis of it).
>>
JUST
>>
File: 1403676630981.gif (962KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
1403676630981.gif
962KB, 245x213px
>>381312072

>Played the free weekend to give it a shot
>Game crashed when it went into matchmaking every time, so it was literally broken
>Just uninstalled and removed it from my wishlist cause I realized I didn't care anymore
>Chivalry still exists
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.