[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

More than a year later, is it any good? Issues like input lag were lowered, more characters added and fight munnies is way easier to earn.
I think it's fair to say Cacpom did a good job fixing what was originally a massive train wreck
>>
>>381309904
Shit like story mode is something only casuals cared about, they dropped the ball by not having it at launch because that meant lost sales, online was always ok to good, deeper criticisms on the gameplay are valid from pros but not from rando shitters here
>>
File: j39j98t4ui6e5r.jpg (98KB, 1072x753px) Image search: [Google]
j39j98t4ui6e5r.jpg
98KB, 1072x753px
Gief is way bigger and thicker than this
>>
>>381310480
>blocks and shatters a sword with his bare pecs

Muscle power is the one true power. Muscle power is the way, the truth, and the light.
>>
It's serviceable, but at this point it's more a question of whether you like SFV's core gameplay.

It's a game where it is hard to whiff punish many common moves, where there are no defenses against strike/throw mixups without a hard commitment, and where most characters have weak range on their buttons. This all leads to a game where control is hard to maintain, but easy to gain and lose. It's exacerbated by v-triggers and no chip kills without super, which make it even more likely to lose control despite creating a health lead.

Additionally, the possibility to style on opponents or make your mark within the confines of the system are very limited for most characters. It is not a rewarding game for technicians but for those who enjoy the mental aspect of getting into their opponents head.

The true nature of the game has rightfully turned many people off from it as they feel it's too "guessy" but if you like that it's very fun.
>>
>>381309904
I mean they polished a turd and it's playable and can be fun, but compared to other major fighting games out right now its really behind. It needs that Super SFV rebranding badly, and that collaboration with bamco better yield fruit.
>>
File: gieff.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gieff.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>381310591
Muscle Power For You
>>
File: sfxt.jpg (1MB, 2458x2709px) Image search: [Google]
sfxt.jpg
1MB, 2458x2709px
>>381311520
>Capcom Co., Ltd. today announced that it has entered into a cross-licensing agreement with Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. related to online matching in properties such as the Street Fighter series.

>The purpose of this agreement is to improve the user experience while accelerating the production of titles and reducing development costs for both parties. Further, with this cross-license for online matching, Capcom aims to effectively utilize the patents it has been granted in game series such as Street Fighter in order to deliver even more exciting content to game players.

>With this agreement as a starting point, Capcom will continue to explore cross-licensing opportunities in order to safeguard its patents while improving the user experience and contributing to a healthier game industry.

Does this "cross-license" mean the possibility of Tekken characters in SFV like how Akuma was in T7?
>>
>>381309904
>more characters

That doesn't mean shit when these characters should have been in the initial roster and not be dlc. sf5 roster is laughable. you don't make a sequel and cut your roster just to charge $15 for 5 fighters. that's bullshit, but hey if you thinks that is better then enjoy the game bruh.
>>
File: 1496418485128.jpg (13KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1496418485128.jpg
13KB, 245x246px
>>381309904
>>381311520
>Game had 8 frames input lag at launch
>Everyone was memeing about it for months, not even in just /v/ but in every forum/video sharing site's comment section

>Tekken has even bigger input lag
>noone brings it up anywhere
>>
>>381313273
you can literally unlock them for free without much trouble tho

also learn to read, the thread is literally about the "fixing" of SFV, meaning the game finally has shit it supposed to have in the first place
>>
I like playing it but I'm also trash at fighting games so YMMV.

It's also probably not a good sign that I am doing the same combos as people with over a decade more fighting game experience than me
>>
>>381313498
Difference is SF is classically a tourneyfag game so once they started memeing others copied the meme.

Tekken is a more casual audience game and they wouldn't really know about input lags and shit.
>>
>>381313613
>More than a year later, is it any good?\
>Cacpom did a good job fixing

maybe you should read, ya tub boat nig.
>>
>>381312324
I think it's for the express purpose of utilizing online infrastructure tech.

I wouldn't mind a character cross-over but it'd be some fag like Kazuya or Jin
>>
>>381314126
>thread: is the game fixed?
>you: fixing the game doesn't mean shit, the game should have been like that since launch
>>
File: P1qWg1.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
P1qWg1.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>381311743
The new grab is weirdly specific but I guess it's nice to have
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 703x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 703x598px
>>381309904
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on street fighter. Other more fun fighters, fighters that take actual care of thier fans, namely Tekken has advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is Street Fighter just can't seem to evolve. if you want something a little more "safe and Paid DLC-friendly," Street Fighter might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
they were always our guys on sfv
>crossplatform play
>no paid updates / versions
>sexy girls

but /v/ mob still shat on it and now with MVCI they try to copy injustice and make a shitty capeshit story because normies eat it up
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.