[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play these games for the first time after hearing /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8598.jpg (35KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8598.jpg
35KB, 443x332px
About to play these games for the first time after hearing /v/ constantly jerk about them, what am I in for? What makes them so allegedly great?
>>
Fallout 1 can be literally 20 minutes long if you know where to go

If you know what to do you can pretty much always still finish the game, at least in 1. I don't know much about 2 but it's a good deal longer than 1 and I've only played it once.

There are a lot of quirks and oddities that set it pretty far apart from lots of other CRPGs. The SPECIAL system and the Perks add a certain variety in how you define your character and how the game reacts to said character that is one of the best in video games for role playing that many other games fall far short of.
>>
They had a writing staff.
>>
Don't fucking look up anything.
It'll be a lot more fun to have no idea where to go and just fuck about with a ticking clock than to just look it up and effectively ruin your first playthrough of the game. It's not hard to figure out, just don't pop that browser open.

Also, fucking pirate it. Seriously. The people that made those games are long gone, and Bethesda does not deserve a fucking dime.

there's a mod that lets you tell dogmeat to plant his ass and stay there. get it.
>>
>>381308000
PERCEPTION
You wont hit shit without it
>>
I would enjoy these games more if there was a remaster with a less horrendous inventory screen
>>
>>381308000
Get unofficial patches and companion improvements, because especially in Fallout 1 your companions will cause some real goddamn problems since you can't control them very well.
Find an online manual for the controls because nowhere in the game will it tell you that 1-9 are bound to skillchecks, and you'll need to lockpick things.

Other than that, expect a great atmosphere and a lot of fun just finding out what you can discover.
They can be clunky at times and they do NOT stop you from going to places that'll get you instantly killed, but that's part of the charm.

Fuck dude I can't play nu-Fallout with the radio on anymore after 1 and 2, I like my creepy Fallout over my silly Fallout.
>>
>>381308632
>Find an online manual for the controls because nowhere in the game will it tell you
One of the function keys brings up an in-game keymap, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>381308490
Unofficial patches add scroll wheel support to inventory.
>>
File: f1.png (230KB, 640x510px) Image search: [Google]
f1.png
230KB, 640x510px
>>381309058
>>
>>381308000
PLAY
THE
GAME
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.