[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it take to bring it back? Really, really bring it back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

What would it take to bring it back? Really, really bring it back?
>>
Drop the project all together, develop something like World of Diablo.
>>
>>381306559
Remove pokemon battles, stop catering to casuals.
>>
Create good content which audience grows to like instead of listening to forum crybabies and including their dumb and lazy ideas into the game
>>
>>381306796
This.
>>
>>381306625
A diablo mmo is rumored to be in the works.
>>
re remove flying mounts
increase grinding for reputation tenfold
make legendary quests that require multiple .1% drops from raid bosses across multiple raids
lower chances of gear drops in raids and dungeons
purge abilities even further so that rotations range from 1-2 buttons with trinkets and pots
make attunements a month to achieve for the average guild
remove lfr
remove heroic and mythic dungeons
remove bgs
remove pet battles
remove the current talent tree and replace with the vanilla tree
simplify boss mechanics
>>
>>381306997
THIS! Also remove *anon*-forged quality
>>
Remove cross world servers
Remove dungeon finder
Remove shit players
Remove Metzen
No Items
Final Destination
>>
>>381306928
God I hope it's built like Burning Crusade minus the flying mounts, having angel wings to fly around with would be fucking nuts though
>>
>>381306928
Bullshut
>>
They need World of Warcraft 2 at this point.

The game is damn near 20 years old with the only changes is some small animations changes and less skills/mechanics.

They need to just completely make a new game. Release an Overwatch Mmo, something.

But, as long as they still have a couple million subscribers they'll just keep making dumb expansions. Even with the huge decrease in play base, it's still more populated than ESO, FFXIV, Black Desert etc.
>>
>>381307278
They are hiring people to work on a diablo project on the blizz career site which the job postings require mmo game development experience
>>
>>381307503
nah it's for the upcoming 15 dollar druid release
>>
>>381306559
Vanilla servers.
>>
>>381306997
warlords of draenor had a lot of rep grinding i didnt like it
>>
Can't bring it back, MMO's are a dying genre, basically other games take the grinding formula and make pseudo MMO games like League or CoD.

I think for a revitalization would have to remake WoW to have more sim styled content and focus more on social interactions between players.

Maybe create an expansion that's entirely stand alone and has nothing to do with raiding or questing.
>>
>>381307462
I feel that it's already in same place as TF2, people have invested too much into the game that making a sequel would be just too big and complicated. All the problems WoW has would be erased if they just start over, but i can't really see people jumping on new game when they have played this one so long.

Also, MMOs are pretty dead genre already, and actijews don't care about making big and good games anymore, they just want to make games that make most amount of money with smallest effort.
>>
>>381307769
Rep grinding alone is hell, but if you put it in Burning Crusade context then you get many distractions and off-goals while grinding your rep
>>
The game spent more time being bad than it did being good, it's just rotten to the core now. The effort required to "fix" wow would be almost the same as making a new game from the ground up.
>>
>>381306559
It's hard to take a game seriously when it's full of memes
>>
>>381306997
Don't test most of the classes so that they are unviable if not broken
>>
>>381306559
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNt_8xcOZw

back to banillah
>>
>>381307106
>Remove Metzen
Already done that since Cataclysm
Look what it did

>>381306559
Reboot the game with bigger zones, better graphics, less clumsy mechanics than at the start, and rewrite a story in the same vein as how it was in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK while learning from their mistakes.

Will never happen.
>>
You could probably just add some hats or something.

If you wanted to make the game actually good however, you'd have to start all over again, redesigning all the systems with a team of people who are actually decent.

Here is the direction I'd take it in

>Make the world larger and redesign the zones to be more open with less mountain barriers, and flow gradually into one another rather than having abrupt scenery changes
>Make everything more reasonably sized with less vertical exaggeration, especially on trees and cliffs
>Forget everything story-wise post vanilla BWL, do not add stupid races like Worgen, attractive Draenei, make pandas look decent instead of Dreamworks-tier and retcon their stupid continent
>make gameplay more RPG like with stats that are not just dependent on gear, and make all stats important by using the same resource for every class
>make reputation/alignment system that actually affects gameplay
>add more fun abilities from Warcraft 3
>add spell tomes that allow you to learn general spells, and abilities from other classes

and so forth
>>
>>381306559
DDoS attack on your rival seems to be the way
>>
>>381306997
Agree with all except BGs.

Duels/BGs/Arena is literally the only thing I do in the game.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.