[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your best original game ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0083.jpg (63KB, 1178x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0083.jpg
63KB, 1178x282px
What are your best original game ideas?
>>
I thought about making a ridiculously hard game over daily life. Where everything requires precision control. But when you fail, it's super gory death scenes. An example would be making it to breakfast for a bowl of cereal. And you have to balance two thumbsticks while punching in combination buttons perfectly otherwise you get an a game over in the form of the spoon jamming straight through your eye, paralyzing your torso so you fall face first in to your bowl of cereal and gargle to death as the milk becomes red and you convulse in the chair.
>>
>>381301681
Shit would cost a billion dollars to develop at minimum.
>>
>>381302086
fucking crying

I love you man

please make this happen one day
>>
>>381302253

Just have the game cost $249.99 to cover the cost.
>>
File: 1329759657307.jpg (59KB, 495x409px) Image search: [Google]
1329759657307.jpg
59KB, 495x409px
>>381302086
I'd play the shit out of something like this.
>>
>>381302086

You could probably make it with Unity.
>>
NO MANS LIE
>>
>>381302086
You'd make billions off LPers alone.
>>
File: BossGesturePoint.jpg (147KB, 724x483px) Image search: [Google]
BossGesturePoint.jpg
147KB, 724x483px
>>381302086
give that man a promotion

anon you have a bright future in our company
>>
File: Manual-Samuel.jpg (67KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Manual-Samuel.jpg
67KB, 400x500px
>>381302086
They already made a game about that and it sucked, so your idea is neither best nor original
>>
>>381303931
He could always take the idea and make it not shit, ya know
>>
>>381301681
>original
>ideas
Ideas are:
[x] Gay
[x] Not Original at all
[x] Stupid
[x] For fags
[x] Bad
[x] All 6
>>
File: 1487823253074.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487823253074.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
I've wanted to do something along the lines of an unrestricted bird-simulator, but in an alien-ish world so you're as unfamiliar with the lands as the birds themselves.

Something about open skies, choosing what creatures you observe/stay with and what lies across borders most others wouldn't dare pass always seemed like something neat to tackle, if even possible.
>>
>>381304035
It still wouldn't make it his best original game idea though, he would at best be making a ripoff of an already-established IP in an attempt to make some quick cash
>>
>>381302086
thanks for the idea chump. gonna make a shit ton of money off this. and its so simple lol
>>
Open world fps like fallout 4 except you move very fast and guns don't reload. You can pick up guns from dead enemies. No dialogue options, just follow some fuck if you want a quest or something.
>>
A multiplayer round based zombie game set in a small town.

At the beginning of the round you are given a random character with different perks and weaknesses who starts in an appropriate area based on their life/occupation.

Players must find each other and work together or hinder each other to survive. Certain characters will be designed to be more effective at one or the other.

Game is brutal and death comes easily. Upon death you become a regular old zombie who still carries important items you've procured.

Goal is to stay alive while searching for the means to escape the town to safety.
>>
>>381304739
I'd suggest to this that the voice chat in the game only work when close to other players but also when talking in voice coms it attracts more zombies to those shouting.
>>
A game that presents itself as a sort of "walk around and talk to people, inspect objects for no reason" simulator, some artsy bullshit, that 'ends' unceremoniously after one in-game day. But what the game doesn't tell you is that there's secretly an objective, some sort of mystery you have to solve before the day is over. Maybe some sort of murder mystery or a spooky town Lovecraftian-cult you have to uncover. And you have to collect the clues yourself without any prompting from the game. Certain things you accomplish are persistent across playthroughs just so you start to notice maybe something weird is going on on when you replay the game.

I dunno, it's kind of dumb, really. Just a thought.
>>
A game extensively marketed as a generic basketball video game, but halfway through the campaign the court collapses into the earth and you have to fight through the underworld with your sick hoop shooting skills. I call it Basketbaal
>>
I don't have any original concept, I have sometimes ideas of how better use a certain concept in a game however, but these are too many to list.

I guess most of the good ideas that haven't already been vastly used have a reason for it, like it's too expensive to do right, or it would guarantee an AO rating, etc.
>>
>>381308613
You remind me that Sup Consul hypothetical game made by some anon. Someone please post the screencap.
>>
A portal to a new dimension opens up above Russia in the 1990s.
The chaos of the new free market regulated by bloodthirsty mafia + magic.

You play as a young enforcer, equipped with skills of SAMBO and spells and shit.
>>
GTA styled open world game in rarely used real world city (like Tokyo or London) with real RPG stuff like choices, New Vegas style factions and btanching story, loot and stats.

Maybe set it in near-future with capeshit or cyberpunk elements so it would justify bullet spongy enemies which are affected by RNG and so that player stats would matter.

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 is like this.
>>
A fantasy game where the King dies and you have to spend a year as Regent looking after everything. It'd basically be like Persona but the bonds don't result in romance so much as strong political alliances that allow your regency to stay strong the whole year and keep the Kingdom in stability.

In other words: King of Dragon Pass x Persona
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.