[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix Halo 5?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: chibirobooooojpg-9b3389_1280w.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chibirobooooojpg-9b3389_1280w.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
I'm just thinking about Halo 5 and how goddamned shitty its campaign was. How do we fix it?

I would take out the forced squadmates and revive mechanic. It felt very wrong, especially on solo legendary.

Instead, I'd give each squadmate a mission they are the focus of. For instance, Locke helps Buck tie up a loose end from ODST. Their missions would help to introduce them and develop them, and make a bigger deal of why they're working with you. They can still function exactly like Arbie in 3 as partners.

It still fucking hurts that the Chief getting back with his old friends is glossed over so poorly in 5. After reading some of the books, seeing them work together in the game should be climactic and a huge fucking deal. It's like seeing the Avengers finally get together. Instead, the game just starts with them all together with no explanation or fanfare whatsoever.
>>
Fix it by letting it go. Do spinoffs or something. Different genres in the same universe. Give chief a break.
>>
File: Chibi-Robo.png (360KB, 980x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Chibi-Robo.png
360KB, 980x1000px
>>381296983
You fuck I thought this would be a Chibi Robo thread.
>>
>>381297278
Honestly (op here) you're 100% right. 4 and 5 should never have been made by 343, who clearly doesn't understand what makes Halo great
>>
>fix campaign

nobody wanted to play as not MC
and only the "pros" are left playing the MP
it's fuckken dead
>>
File: 1439331589782.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
1439331589782.gif
736KB, 451x322px
>>381297368
op again, I'd trade Halo dying after 3 for a proper Chibi Robo sequel any day
>>
Christ I had an assfull when I played through 4's campaign, but 5 sounds like it somehow got worse.
>>
>>381296983
>How to fix Halo 5?
Remove Osiris, add split screen and lan, make sure all features are there at launch, there you go, it's fixed.
>>
>>381296983
By making Halo 3 Anniversary and never touching halo ever again.
>>
>>381299253
>Halo 3 Anniversary
I thought after E3 you guys got the memo.
>>
Promethean Knight redesign was a good move -- that should have been applied to all the Promethean creatures, instead of just the Knights. Soldiers are a chore to fight, especially on higher difficulties.

Promethean weaponry should have always been more like Covenant weaponry -- make it operate off of heat, or kills, give it an active reload, or SOMETHING that isn't just orange ammo.

> Cortana
> Evil
> AIs taking over the human race
> Marines are in the game
> Spartans are also there

That was a great opportunity to do something with human(oid) enemies, even if they were just hijacked Mantises and Scorpion tanks, or "empty" suits of Mjolnir armor. Instead we just got more Prometheans, which is fucking boring. Think about how much better it would have been had the final Chief levels involved fighting off hordes of other SPARTANs and Mantises. You do it in multiplayer. Why not in the single player campaign?

Also, the Guardians were a chance to do proper boss battles, and instead each time we got another fight against the Warden Eternal. At the very least they could have been an environment to fight on; instead we get a halfassed intro to one level that can literally be beaten with one hand.

There should have been more than one flying mission. The Broadsword trench run was the best part of Halo 4.

Whoever wrote the AI for the other Spartans needed to be beaten with a burlap sack filled with angry cats. Get someone better.

Whoever wrote the story for Halo 5 was either doing a good job of telling a bad story or a terrible job of telling a good one. Get someone better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.