[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of ending E in this game? It made no sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 45

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
What was the point of ending E in this game? It made no sense unlike it did in the first game.
>>
Forced meme
>>
>>381293412
The point was everyone found meaning for themselves in the end. Sort of. I don't raelly think 2B did.
>>
>>381294363

Not really anyone did
>>
>>381294363
No, retard. The point was that no matter how much you struggle, no one can do everything by themselves, and that just like the androids have to rely on each other, so do we in real life.
>>
>>381293412
That any evolving intelligence will eventually develop and exercise free will.
>>
E is a treatise against nihilism. How does is it not make sense?
>>
>>381294509
But most of them did, that was the whole point of the game. As pointless and stupid as everything ended up being, the machines evolved past fighting endlessly, 2B and 9S sort of decided to live for each other, A2 arguably moved on even though her development was stupidly rushed, the pods realized they cared for the androids, and they all continue living for each other.

>>381294535
No dumbass, how stupid do you have to be to miss the theme when they spell it out? At no point is anything in the game ever about people relying on others, everyone has subversive asshole relationships that they end up moving past.
>>
File: angery.png (964KB, 924x918px) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
964KB, 924x918px
>tfw trying to solo those credits
>>
It's just an out-of-nowhere pat on the shoulder that didn't have anything to do with the rest of the game so that it could end on an optimistic and positive note.

It's a brilliant ending, but it wasn't properly built up at all, so it was kind of wasted in a way. Still, it was good enough that most people don't really care about that.
>>
Piss poor compared to the first game's final ending.
>>
do your best and try to save the world again

maybe there is nothing to save after all but you have to keep trying
>>
>>381296303
The minigame was totally detatched from everything else and that was a little cheap. You could've put that in anything and it would've had the same emotional weight.

But if everyone had just fucking died (again), the story would've been completely pointless.

I feel like at some point, the original idea for the ending is that the pods would recreate 2B and 9S from memories (as in your save data) and it would've been exactly like the first game where you have to delete everything to get the final ending, except it would've made some kind of sense this time. But they didn't want to repeat the exact same thing so it just kind of happens.
>>
>>381296039

I know it's difficult, but don't forget, we've got your back. United Kingdom.
>>
>>381296039
is it even possible? Im sure some 2hu fag has probably done it by now
>>
>>381296829
Obviously I'm not just suggesting they remove the ending and leave a big gap in its place. They'd have to replace it with a new one.

I'm just saying it would have made a better ending for the first game than it did for Automata. It actually fits the themes of that one.
>>
>>381293412
There was no ending E in the first game.
>>
>>381296943
The theme isn't completely out of nowhere because the machines end up reaching a parallel conclusion, although (like everything else in the game) it should've been set up way better.

I don't know if it would've been a better ending for the first game. I've never really thought about what the first game was about. Not sure how reviving everyone would've worked.
>>
It's symbolic of choosing your own path in life seperate from that which has been forced on you, or predefined for you. Finding your own meaning in life. It is a perfectly thematic end to the game

>mfw people on /v/ are literal retards who can't grasp the simplist of concepts

Who knew
>>
>>381295754

>ending theme is literally called “weight of the world" which laments that 1 person can't do anything on their own
>2b and 9s find their resolve to shoulder on through relying on eachother as motivation
>>
Who was the red girl, were they alien AI?
>>
>>381297909
That's really not the point, and Weight of the World is more about 2B against the destiny which has screwed her since time imemorial.

Every relationship where people are relying on each other is portrayed as subversive, destructive, and unhealthy. The biggest obvious one is how the machines rely on androids to have an enemy so they can fulfill their purpose. Their ultimate conclusion is moving past that pointless relationship, the exact opposite of your interpretation. Likewise, 2B and 9S's relationship ends up pretty much ruining everything ever, 2B keeps killing 9S in an existence she hates, 9S goes crazy after losing 2B, A2's entire character is about getting over her grief because she's too empathetic with her squadmates, YorHa takes advantage of people's relationship with its E units. Even the pods' original programming linking them to the androirds is subversive and evil and they move past it.

So you should back up that interpretation, because the title of a song is not strong evidence for that theme.
>>
>>381293412
Basically you're telling Taro to fuck off with all the sad endings.
>>
>>381298563
>Every relationship where people are relying on each other is portrayed as subversive, destructive, and unhealthy

The entire fucking game is about the companionship between 2B and 9S. It's a fucked up situation, but calling it unhealthy is fucking stupid. The entire reason 9S goes crazy is because he LOVED her. Are you too stupid or socially awkward to realize the subtext of this relationship? How she tries to keep him at arms length because they love each other and that it destroys her every time she has to kill him? Are you that fucking dense?

>Their ultimate conclusion is moving past that pointless relationship, the exact opposite of your interpretation.

Great, it's a good thing the machines have literally nothing to do with ending E then.

>A2's entire character is about getting over her grief because she's too empathetic with her squadmates

Which literally only happened because she got involved with 2B and 9S and learned to care for others again.

>YorHa takes advantage of people's relationship with its E units
Yes, YorHa is fucked up. Good thing ending E is literally called "The (E)nd of YorHa"

>Even the pods' original programming linking them to the androirds is subversive and evil and they move past it.

Because the Pods learned to CARE about 2B and 9S over the course of the game by seeing their relationship grow.

You are so fucking dense it's unbelievable.
>>
>literally killing the credits

it is kojima level genius
>>
>>381293412
>It made no sense
Are you just pretending or did you really miss the part where Pods gained their own will and went against rules to save their androids?
>>
>>381299407

What happened to the machines?
What did A2 so in her ending?
>>
>>381293412
it made plenty of sense. The Pods were supposed to delete everything related to project YoRHa but they had gained a sense of self through the course of the game and decided not to, and to save the 3 androids

The bit with the hacking minigame against the credits is the security measurement initiated for disobeying the command
>>
>>381293412
>It made no sense unlike it did in the first game.

NieR didn't have an ending E (at least in the game itself). Stop pretending to know shit about video games because you watched some crappy "summary" videos.
>>
>>381299478
>They decided "fuck this we out" and launched an Ark into space
>She sacrificed herself to save 9S
>>
>>381299298
>Great, it's a good thing the machines have literally nothing to do with ending E then.
I can't believe you're this fucking stupid. The game beats you over the head with what the theme is, "do you think it was all meaningless", "do you think games are pointless," and you still don't get it at all.

I don't know if you're a deranged shipper who doesn't know what a theme is or if you have no critical thinking skills whatsoever.

No the point of the game is not that people have to rely on each other. That leads to disaster over and over and over. This is all over the place, between androids relying on humans, machines relying on aliens, then machines relying on androids, and also 2B and 9S relying on each other which leads to all kinds of horrible shit. Unless you're retarded, there is no way you could possibly get a "people have to rely on each other" message out of what happened in the game.

I've explained the theme, the game has explained the theme, I don't know what else could make it more obvious.
>>
>>381299298
>Killing 9s over and over again

This is the part I couldn't fucking understand at all

At what point does she do this? It showed flashbacks of the intro but that was an unavoidable situation, and why assign an E unit to him anyways?
>>
>>381300219
She's killed 9S more times than she can count, before you start playing the game.

He always loses his memories of it. She has to remember the pain every time which is why she tries not to be close to him but they're intrinsically drawn to each other so every time she has to kill him it hurts.
>>
>>381300219
Also the purpose of 2E is because 9S is such a high grade model, his natural curiosity will always lead him to discover things he shouldn't, and he'll go batshit.

2E takes him out.
>>
>>381300090
>machines relying on aliens
Wut?
>>
>>381300090
I can explain it.

The point of the game is as you said, meaningless and pointless.

Humans are dead. Aliens are dead. The machines and androids are fighting for something that they will never see.

And even if the androids know, and hate that the humans are gone, they're still driven to protect them, and to know their touch.
>>
>>381300090
>Points out prompts you're supposed to say no to
>Ignores the lyrics of the fucking song that literally say "I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us, but the truth is that I'm only one girl"
>Ignores the fact that the only way to get the ending in the first place is to rely on the help of others

Sasuga, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>381300628
>>381300554
Your implying that 2B is aware of all the shit yorah is doing and does nothing
>>
>>381300090
Also the machines leave in their arc during ending D, not E you shitbird. I can't believe YOU'RE this fucking stupid. They have nothing to do with ending E.
>>
>>381301274
It's implied that she doesn't know what's going on and that she's only following orders.
>>
>>381293412
There is no Nier Ending E, at least not within the game. Stop pretending to play video games, it's pathetic.
>>
>2E constantly killed 9S, because he became too close to learning the truth about humanity
>fast forward to game timeline
>commander just tells 9S the truth, just like that, despite having to tell 2E to kill him over and over again previously
That was kinda anti-climatic
>>
>>381301932
She probably hated the situation also, and there came a point where she decided to risk trusting him over having him killed again.

I agree a little bit though. It would've made more sense if 2B and 9S both found out, because it would have been a lot harder for her to have them both killed. But that's just me spitballing.
>>
File: C7FseY6V0AAqwM5.jpg (57KB, 1100x765px) Image search: [Google]
C7FseY6V0AAqwM5.jpg
57KB, 1100x765px
>>381301482
>automata is getting a novel
>more retarded endings to a game outside of said game
>>
>>381302687
>The NieR: Automata novel will tell an episode that occurred behind-the-scenes of the main game volume, and we’ll get to learn more about each character that appeared in the game.

Don't get your panties in a twist. It's just fleshing out side characters.
>>
I wish Emil was more involved.
>>
>>381294925
>Develop free will
Not if the god of another world gave them free will in the first place
>>
>>381300219
It's implied, also said by A2 at some point, but not outright said, you have to see read the additional documents and media of automata, there's an official short story about how many times she killed him and how she felt anger and remorse each and everytime.

Also, A2 bodied both 9s and 2B four times straight before meeting her in the forest.
>>
>>381302897
>>381302687
There's already a post ending, basically 2b can't reboot 9s because he's failing, people posted what the script was going to say (bad ending with 9s never waking up and 2b staying still forever)

On the last day of the concert (where this followup was showcased) it got changed as a big fuck you to everyone leaking it online changing the ending to a pretty anticlimatic, but good ending
>>
>>381303350
He is, before and after, check up his additional stuff and his weapon story.
>>
>>381293412
Oh boy, not this shit again, the entire point is that each new generation of YoRHa was built upon the sacrifices of those that came before, and that you (the player, the person) are ultimately a sacrificial pawn existing to eventually be replaced, Jesus Christ, what is so hard to get about it?
>>
It makes no sense that you need to delete your save. At least in the first game you were erased from existence so the save deleting thing actually made sense.
>>
>>381304562
It's thematically relevant, not lore-relevant. Ending E is thematically about relying on each other, and making sacrifices for the sake of others.
>>
This game reminded me of this anime
>>
>>381305218
It's shit. The first game with it's shitty gameplay is actually a better game.
>>
>>381305218
>Ending E is thematically about relying on each other, and making sacrifices for the sake of others.

So basically it's a ploy to make the people playing think they are good humans beings when they aren't.
>>
>>381305326
You're shit. Your dad, who is a woman, is a better man than you.
>>
>>381305971
Even bad human beings can't do everything alone. I would have thought you of all people would've figured that out by now.
>>
>>381306104
/v/ being so shit is hardly the work of one person, after all.
>>
"i like jrpgs" more like "i dont have a job"
>>
>>381306104
>>381306205
>have to samefag because his shitty joke wasn't obivious while defending his shitty tumblr game

So sad!
>>
File: Thinkagainretard.png (6KB, 696x145px) Image search: [Google]
Thinkagainretard.png
6KB, 696x145px
>>381306361
You're an idiot.
>>
>>381306548
I can use MSPaint too.
>>
>>381306598
Good for you. It's pretty useful for saving screenshots.
>>
I love endings like this, all the pseduo intellectuals on /v/ come out of the woodwork and start calling each other idiots because of their differing interpretations of the ending.
>>
>>381306104
So le randumb Mr. Taro wanted people to have a shitty circlejerk?

No thank you what a faggot.
>>
>>381298192
The red girl was a symbolocal form taken by the Machine Intelligence collective mind, and chose that one for whatever reason that sentient machine ego would.

The girl was pretty much the product of the Machine Network going beyond the wills if their Alien creators. Think of it as a Lingering Will of an Overwatch godmind.
>>
>>381307306
Why was it a little girl?
>>
>>381307412
>>381307306
Read Jackass' data file that you get after ending C, y'all.
>>
>>381307306
Actually it's what happens when the machine intelligence network intentionally labotomizes itself.

Not much of a "godmind" going beyond anything really, just doing what it had to do to keep going. And in this case what it had to do was literally make itself retarded.
>>
I was hoping for more interaction with A2 outside of combat, with 9S coming across her while seperated from 2B or something. Would have made the eventual mindbreak of 9S more than just a rushed revenge plot, as there's a greater likeliness that he'd feel a sort of betrayal or whatnot.
>>
>>381293412
I stopped playing this after the giant robot in the ocean boss.
Does the game get better after that.?
>>
>>381307545
- In order to resolve this inherent contradiction, the machine lifeforms began to intentionally cause deficiencies in their network, diversifying the vectors of evolution for all machines. This is the cause behind some of the more "special" machine lifeforms, such as Pascal and the Forest King.

- Meanwhile, the deficient network began repeating a process of self-repair while incorporating surrounding information, until it finally reached a fixed state as a new form of network. Traces of information regarding human memories from the quantum server of the old model were discovered, indicating that it had integrated them during the final stages of its growth process. Said server contained a record of the discarded "Project Gestalt," as well as information on the human who was the first successful example of the Gestalt process.

- Having acquired information regarding humanity, the network's structure changed once more, becoming what might better be called a meta network (or a "concept", to borrow the words of the machines). This led directly to the formation of the ego we identify as N2.
>>
Would have liked more nods to the Grimoires and Kaine.

The pod decal for them was nice, and the bit in Emil's boss fight in the desert was good too and seriously fun, but I'd have appreciated more.
>>
>>381307924
The Kaine costume ain't enough for people like you.
>>
>>381307997
Not really, since I miss interacting with her mostly.
>>
>>381307997
Why should it be? Don't you ever want something small to have a bigger part?
>>
>>381308165
A... bigger part?

You mean... her penis?
>>
>>381308247
Mkre or less.
>>
>>381308365
more*
>>
>>381301274
>>381301443
Personality type 2 is their most dependable model after the rework following Number 2's little episode.

Turns out it was only dependable because of crippling depression and once that realization is made shit goes off the rails.

>>381300219
An E unit was assigned to 9S because he's their most inquisitive active model and the last time they made inquisitive little boys they immediately went rogue and fused with machines so they figured they ought to be more careful.
>>
>>381296894
Yes, but apparently it takes 2 hours.
>>
>>381296829
>The minigame was totally detatched from everything else and that was a little cheap
It's literally the hacking minigame though, representing the Pod's attempt to hack through his own source code. It wasn't detached.
>>
>>381296894
>>381308417
The simplest way to beat them DANMAKU SHOOTAN GAEMS is to keep your eyes on your own unit and focus on identifying defensive options in the incoming patterns while shooting vaguely in the direction of the enemies which will eventually be chipped down from random hits.

So yeah about 2 hours.
>>
>>381298192
It's literally the machines cosplaying as Yonah. No seriously. Literally. Okay there's a bunch of other data involved but they really liked Yonah's so they chose a little girl as their homosona.
>>
>>381308785
Is that just your own assumption? As far as I know the game only says theyre based off a human, but never hints as to who.
>>
>>381308417
>2 hours
Jesus christ fuck that, I tried about 15 times and only got to like the 6th word in the hard part. Glad I gave up
>>
>>381308907
I think it hinted at some quest NPC, but shit if I can remember. Maybe it was in some Drakkengard game
>>
File: Mackerel.jpg (43KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Mackerel.jpg
43KB, 320x320px
For all the fucking effort they put into making the main character's waifuable I think my favorite character in the game by far is Jackass.

Not because of her so-randumb explosions science bullshit but because she's seriously the only fucking character that figures out just what the hell is going on in this world but instead of sobbing about it and going crazy or giving in to wallowing in dolorous ennui like the others she just says that's bullshit this is bullshit who's responsible for this I'm going to kill you fuck the moon fuck machines fuck.
>>
>>381308417
>>381308537

Did they ever fix the shit where the names go invincible? I was literally 2 waves from beating it solo once and then that shit kicked in. It seems time-based, and combined with the names getting weaker over time, makes me thing it's some kind of negative-integer bug fuckery happening.
>>
>>381308907
>but never hints as to who.
It literally says the original subject of project Gestalt...
>>
>>381293412
But ending E wasn't in the first game. It was also a retarded happily ever after asspull.
>>
>>381293412
>whole game is about the meaningless cycle of human existence
>behaving a certain way because everyone else does, even though we dont know why, constant conflict, ultimately ending in death for everyone
>lol jk ending find your own meaning, work together!
The game should have ended when A2 and 9S killed eachother. As edgy as it was the atmosphere was really well done, then they just throw it all in the trash with some naruto tier "you just gotta believe!"
>>
>>381309229
You mean Nier?
>>
>>381309229
Where does it say that
>>
>>381309142
>instead of going crazy
>so-randumb explosions
>I'm going to kill you fuck the moon fuck machines fuck

want to try that again?
>>
>>381309446
Oh, fuck off faggot. A TTGL-esque triumph of the human spirit is a far better subversion than yet-another-Taro-cryfest.
>>
>>381309461
No he's the test subject, and he did it because they promised it'd work on Yonah.

Although I guess it was still improper wording?
>>
>>381309446
The meaning is that you can find happiness in the meaninglessness world, not that you "gotta believe", I have no idea what you mean by that.
>>
>>381309538
Machine Research Report.
>>
I just want a fast-forward timeskip that shows 9S and 2B in a shopping mall with humans.
>>
>>381309543
Look man Id be cool with it if it wasnt thrown in my face as a credit minigame shmup in the last 120 seconds of my 45 hour experience of the game. It just wasnt implemented well.
>>
>>381309540
Given the other characters being benchmarks for crazy I don't think you have much of a case here for Jackass losing her mind. Seems pretty reasonable to want to avenge everybody and kill the designer when you've been "living in a stupid *****ing world where we fight an endless war that we COULDN'T POSSIBLY LOSE, all for the sake of some Council of Humanity on the moon that doesn't even exist".
>>
File: 1495009773027.png (756KB, 626x580px) Image search: [Google]
1495009773027.png
756KB, 626x580px
>>381309691
>with humans.
>>
>>381309669
>not that you "gotta believe"
I know im just saying its on that same level of childrens cartoon message in its delivery.

Then ending felt to me like when someone goes on a tangent about some weird shit, and then they realize everyone is staring at them because they are saying weird shit so they backpedal "haha just kidding"

The andriods not being that different than machines yet killing endlessly for 10000 years over nothing message was so much more thought out and resonant. The message of the ending isnt even bad, I just wish there was some sort of actual transition, because as it is, I think the fade to black after the A2 9S fight is a more cohesive package.
>>
>>381310035
Technically they have everything they need to recreate Humans or make androids into new Humans, but they don't, because that's not part of the plan.

Hell they could technically just have Accord snatch some humans from the timeline but that would probably cause some sort of timefuckery that dooms entire universes and ooooh hey that sounds like a plot device for a sequel.
>>
>>381297538
I didn't know people actually missed the point of Ending E.
>>
Is there a torrent yet?
>>
>>381309142
She also helps 2B in concert ending. After calming down she's probably gonna stay around both 2B and 9S as they are the last disciples of White and keepsakes of her in some way.
>>
>>381310436
Jackass DLC when where you shoot people with those sick resistance rifles and have grenades and ride a rocket made of Pascal to the fucking moon.
>>
>>381310121
>I just wish there was some sort of actual transition
entire route C is a fucking transition
>N2 ends up being way smarter than everyone though and not just destroys the Bunker like it was planned but also learns everything about project YoRHa, analyses 9S' behaviour, learns from its own mistakes after A2 forced it to fight itself then comes to completely different conclusion and singlehandedly ends the war
>9S breaks all his programming and does the opposite of everything he was created for, from going on a murder rampage despite not being suited for combat and up to wishing to destroy everything, human server included, even though he was created with a programmed aim to protect them
>Pods exchange the info for vast majority of the game and progressively become more caring and humanlike over the route C
Ending E is merely a result of machine life already going off the rails of pre-determined purpose which was one of the main themes of the game in general.
>>
On the textual level Ending E was about Pods 042 and 153 hacking the pod network and their own programming to recreate the memories of their friends in order to save them.

On a meta-textual level the only survivors are working together with the players to reject the inevitable tragic fate via destroying the 'creators to create a new ending free of the shackles of the 'fiction.'

It's high-concept but not complicated.

It's also beautiful, heartfelt, and I'll never forget it.
>>
>>381310764
I don't know how reliable your interpretation is given that N2 wasn't smart, the Bunker was already designed to let the machines in. The machine network was smart before the creation of N2, which was a result of dumbing itself down to continue functioning. The old network is much more advanced.
>>
Why is the lock-on during hacking always breaking off randomly?
>>
Ending E was like actually living the climax of Summer Wars.
>>
>>381310985
>Bunker was already designed to let the machines in
It was merely designed to be destroyed the moment Backdoor opens up.
Instead? N2 stalked androids for some time because it was actually interested in them. It learned from them and probably would let it be if it wasn't for androids trying an all-out assault in route C. It also learned way more info about everything that it was supposed to, and formed weird, inhuman attachment to 9S who was the only person in the Bunker advanced enough to feel its presence.
>>
File: wise bot.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wise bot.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
That we can (and maybe should) find meaning in nothingness even if it is somewhat illogical if that is what makes us happy.

The robots throughout the game all do this, they make poor attempts to copy humans and even though they mostly fail they get something out of it. If they lose this meaning (e.g. the wise bots) they die as they don't even have what they pretended to have.
>>
>>381310930
Frankly, nothing about this should work – it should be a gigantic thematic mess where Yoko Taro wrote himself into a corner and resorted to vague existential nonsense in order to close the game out so he can go grab a beer, but instead I found it immensely emotionally satisfying.

The game is definitely not telling us that Love Always Wins or Hope Always Survives or whatever; the universe is still a cold and uncaring place, fraught with misery and despair. If Yoko Taro is saying anything, it's saying that life will absolutely crush you and entropy is inevitable, but there's reason to hope. That wishing for your loved ones to be safe and fighting for the things you believe in is the most important thing a human being can hope to do, even in the face of all that.

If that isn't a happy ending, then I don't know what is.
>>
>>381305218
>relying on each other, and making sacrifices for the sake of others.
No it is just if that is what makes you feel good then do that, it isn't about relying on people necessarily just that may be the pointless thing that brings pleasure and meaning to you.
>>
>>381311623
>Love Always Wins
Ironically, E endings of both Nier games end with people who love each other more than their own life ending together and probably being given a lifetime worth of happiness.

Taro is a huge romantic.
>>
>>381311727
But what makes it meaningful is that they didn't end up together because The Power of Love. They ended up together because of the real and difficult sacrifices made by themselves and others.
>>
>>381311727
At the same time he does slightly ruin the love. In Nier he disappears from reality and in Auto the pods outright say this might just go horribly wrong considering everything they have been through and the state things are in.
>>
>>381311932
Well, Kaine only manages to end up with Nier again because she kept feelings to someone important she forgot in her heart and was ready to sacrifice herself for them.
While the love of both 2B/9S and Kaine/Nier required considerable sacrifices and suffering to lead to good end, it's purity and strength of their emotions for each other is what allowed them to pull through all the bullshit fate was throwing at them in first place.
>>
>>381312128
>Kaine only manages to end up with nier again because(...)
Was this before or after she fucked her ex's corpse in front of his daughter?
>>
Ending E was shallow bait to appeal to emotions.

It succeeded because you're all fags.
>>
>>381295754
>At no point is anything in the game ever about people relying on others
Did you miss ending E or did you just autistically solo it just so you could claim it's not about relying on other people
>>
File: L9dxy3I.jpg (69KB, 650x591px) Image search: [Google]
L9dxy3I.jpg
69KB, 650x591px
>>381312034
No, he doesn't. In ending E form Grimoire Nier Kaine finds a way to reunite with Nier because she felt that she forgot something so important to her it was more valuable than her own life. Judging by the timeline, both of them could live up to 1000 years afterwards given that aliums invade in 5012 and Emil states that Kaine and Nier only died 280 years ago.

And as for Automata, Pods are simply not sure where the future will lead them because everything went off the rails of narrative. But concert ending shows that 2B treasures 9S more than her own life, and 9S already showed that their feelings are mutual, and both of them are saying that they will continue living no matter what it takes at the end of concert ending.
>>
File: 1497345170404.jpg (119KB, 1069x748px) Image search: [Google]
1497345170404.jpg
119KB, 1069x748px
>>381303863
>Also, A2 bodied both 9s and 2B four times straight before meeting her in the forest.
Did A2 really come across B2 and 9S prior to their encounter in the A/B path? Must've missed it in the lore.
>>
>>381312348
Weirdly enough Ending E didnt make me feel better.
>>
>>381312445
It's from the concert.
She encounters them many times prior to game events as they were sent as assassins to kill her.
Hilariously, she considers 9S to be the dangerous one of the duo.
>>
>>381312613
That's because he is. 2B is just a redesigned A2 model without berserker mode. 9S is OP as fuck in both story and gameplay and can literally make you explode over and over instantaneously.
>>
File: t99EcYR.jpg (104KB, 1050x712px) Image search: [Google]
t99EcYR.jpg
104KB, 1050x712px
>>381312839
It's interesting to note that 9S' achievements are so impressive Commander herself says that they will increase the production of his model.
And on route C when infected 2B walks to the shopping mall, she hears a pre-recorded message from the council of humanity that says that they started producing a model that will ensure the victory, and she thinks about 9S right afterwards.
>>
File: boss.gif (938KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
boss.gif
938KB, 350x200px
>rescue offer received from "Big Boss"
>"Sometimes you forget what it means to live. Never give up the struggle, I've got your back." - Big Boss
>BigBoss' data has been lost
>>
>>381296884

Âż
L
O
N
D
O
N
?
>>
File: 1495421140782.jpg (178KB, 1061x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1495421140782.jpg
178KB, 1061x1500px
>going through the game after beating it for trophies
>farming in flooded city
>downed flight unit
>there's a dying message from 2B on it

;-;
>>
File: 1488872561251.png (3MB, 1518x2034px) Image search: [Google]
1488872561251.png
3MB, 1518x2034px
>>381312613
>>381312839
Why do they call 2B a vastly more advanced and overall better model than A2 then if she more or less effortlessly beat their two top operatives?
Or is A2 unique and overpowered a fuck compare to other A and later models?
>>
>>381308417
>>381308537
>2 hours
If you keep dying, yeah. Obviously if you don't, it doesn't take much more than 10 minutes after the hard part starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3DOwqopcq0
>>
>>381293412
There was no ending E in the first game. Ending E was only in supplementary materials outside of the game.
>>
Any use for machine cores other than being sold?
>>
File: 1494878861328.jpg (244KB, 882x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494878861328.jpg
244KB, 882x1200px
>>381313385
First thing i did on route C is checking out the Flooded City and holy fuck it hit me like a brick.
And for 9S it was probably even worse as he understood that his feelings were mutual all this time.
Then Gathering Keepsakes happened.
>>
>>381293412
>implying it did in the first game
>hurr here's an asspull for your save files

all taro games are fucking dumb, but they excel in using the dumb for muh feels

he doesn't give a fuck either considering all the other novel shit is written by someone else
>>
>>381313561

Nope. Don't sell them until the later routes because they sell for three times the price in Route C
>>
>>381313431
2B is a more advanced as a model but A2 compensates it with combat experience and her personality that was evolving and adapting for past 4 years, while 2B was developing in absolutely different way.
>>
>>381313535
It was supposed to be in game, mind you. Also treated as a canon because it became a base for CD drama about alien invasion.
>>
Was that pile of emil heads there from the start in the desert? I barely found them like 40 hours into the game.
>>
>>381313732
Indeed, but the game itself didn't have an Ending E.
>>
>>381313732
How do you know it was definitively Ending E and not Ending D, where NieR sacrifices himself?

I'm not necessarily doubting you, but I want to learn why you think what you do.
>>
>>381313808
In CD drama Emil remembers both Nier and Kaine who died 280 years prior to alium invasion.
In Automata itself there's two spears that reference Brother and Father Nier and also iron pipe that was used by the original Nier. Also merchant Emil remembers his "friends" before dying.
>>
>>381313752
Yes they're always there, thought a bit far away and kinda hard to find.
>>
I'm curious

how many of you guys actually played the other games before Automata came out? there can't be that many people who just youtubed the others right?
>>
After reading this thread I'm still slightly confused.

Wew I'm definitely on the spectrum.
>>
>>381314062

One of those games I always intended to play but never did. I was hoping they'd announce some HD remake for it at E3 before I went out and bought a PS3 copy
>>
>>381313952
I can't understand Japanese, so I'll have to take your word for it.

If I were to presume that he didn't explicitly reference NieR, however, he could have just been referring to Kaine and Weiss. As for the weapons, Drakengard 3 had Kaine's sword, with her death as a story, despite the fact that the game itself takes place over a thousand years AFTER D3, so I'm not sure how much faith I would put into the weapon stories (or how this would mean that the world remembered NieR. Remember, it's just that he would be forgotten, not that his actions would be erased - the world is still fucked, after all).
>>
At the end
1 what happened to pascal
2 what did a2 stay for
3 why did 9s join Adam and eve
1 what did Adam and even and the aliens have to do with the story.
2 why did A2 go rogue started killing all machines and changed at the end.
>>
>>381314208
Space War is translated.
>280 years have passed since the deaths of Nier and Kaine. Emil is calmly humming to himself as he walks about the area once known as the Northern Plains before it lapsed into ruin due to severe climate change. Without anyone overseeing them, Replicants have all since died out, and not a single human remained in this area.

Weapon stories defy time and space because of Accord shenanigans, but Nier's existence was erased completely in D, no mention of him would even be possible if he wasn't restored.
>>
>>381314220
Pascal would continue with her programming, presuming it hadn't been changed. She's non-violent, and would welcome non-violent robots into the village (robots are explicitly stated to do the same thing over and over, even when it fails - her lack of memory would only cement this).

A2 stayed because she really didn't care about anything but killing robots. She always planned to fight until death, in memory of her fallen comrades. There was no place for her wherever the ark was going, presuming that she even knew it was going somewhere, and not being used as a weapon.

He didn't, canonically. This is cemented by the play that takes place after the game.

Aliens built the robots in an attempt to conquer the world and set up shop there. They forgot the 3 Laws of Robotics, however, and it was their demise, as Adam and Eve saw their creators as lessor beings than them.

I already answered why A2 was down there, killing every robot she could.
>>
>>381314445
But that doesn't reference that Emil remembered NieR. Presuming that Kaine actually lived for years past Nier's death is presuming too much, as she would face the same problem as everyone else regarding the Black Scrawl.

That said, N2's personality was based on Nier's wasn't it (or was it the Shadow Lord's?), retrieved from the Tree of Memories, which would lend credence to your theory, so long as it was Nier's personality that N2 was based on.
>>
>>381314674
>as she would face the same problem as everyone else regarding the Black Scrawl
We don't know in what state Kaine ended up being after Nier sacrificed himself to revert her condition. Nier himself was reborn in a giant technomagical flower and it's unknown if he was still technically a replicant or some another form of life. His rebirth is included into official timeline and there's like a 1000 years gap between it and their death with Kaine, so whatever they ended up being, that form of life was quite fucking long-living.
>>
>>381314062
I picked up D1 and Nier after that first Nier Automata teaser came out. Bought D3 as well but just never got around to playing it.
>>
Do the side missions play am important role ? I didn't do any I just played the story.

I don't wanna go back now that I finished the game. Should I restart but do the missions ?
>>
>>381314970

After you unlock chapter select you can go back to any point in the game and do quests you missed
>>
>>381314809
Kaine lived over a thousand years after NieR killed the Shadowlord? I just want to make sure that I interpreted what you said correctly.
>>
>>381314970
They can give you some weapons that you wouldn't get otherwise (or so I think), and it gives you context into the world, regarding both sides of the conflict, so they aren't worthless. That said, I don't think any of them added as much flavor to the game as the original NieR's sidequests.
>>
>>381315018
Nier was reconstructed in 3473.
Alium invasion happens in 5012.
Right prior to invasion, Emil states that it was 280 years since the death of Nier and Kaine.
>>
>>381315107
Can I see that timeline?
>>
I played the game with japanese dub because English 2B sounded way too bossy, but holy fuck 9S English VA in Ending D was something amazing. what did you guys use?
>>
I had no fucking idea you can mount animals..
>>
File: DOD13-timeline-large.jpg (290KB, 2045x413px) Image search: [Google]
DOD13-timeline-large.jpg
290KB, 2045x413px
>>381315183
The Lost World is Nier's E ending.
Space War is alium invasion.
>>
File: 2B-GTA-5-Nier.jpg (32KB, 585x300px) Image search: [Google]
2B-GTA-5-Nier.jpg
32KB, 585x300px
Okay. So I got the game on pc just for the mods. It's been 4 months now. Are there any mods??? That isn't the fix.
>>
>>381315263
2B's original dub is too good to miss out, easily the best Ishikawa performance ever.
Japanese 9S sounds more calm and smooth overall though english pulled emotional moments better.
>>
>>381315263

First playthrough in English then switched to Jap for ng+, both good.
>>
>>381315312
>SquareEnix
>mod support
Not unless you're willing to make the tools for it yourself.
>>
>>381315296
Ok. That makes sense. I remember seeing that timeline, and even have it saved somewhere. That timeline is canon (even if it is factually incorrect regarding The Garden of Light - that was the way it was in the book).
>>
>>381315403
Isn't that what modders do?
>>
>>381315680
Yeah, but there's literally no mod support for this game and any tools that could be for it in terms of what kind of modding you're thinking will take about a year. FAR is one of the most barebones fucking things ever, loaded with a million times more bloat then necessary.
>>
File: 1471645838024.jpg (57KB, 533x710px) Image search: [Google]
1471645838024.jpg
57KB, 533x710px
>>381315296
>The Lost World is called this way because for Kaine Nier became more important than her life even though she forgot most memories about him
>Weight of the World and Song of the Broken World are both about how much 2B wants to be together with 9S
Taro is a huge romantic, huh.
>>
>>381312613
Wait, if A2 beat 2b and 9S multiple times, does that mean she literally killed both of them and they got resurrected in the bunker 4 times?

Plus all of 9S' death from 2B.
>>
>>381316595
Yes. And each time they forgot about meeting her. That's why they were unable to evolve through combat while she was getting stronger and stronger.

This is also one of the reasons she manages to beat 9S in the game.
>>
File: 1489234641162.jpg (566KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1489234641162.jpg
566KB, 3840x2160px
>>381295754
> At no point is anything in the game ever about people relying on others
What in the holy fuck am I reading?
>>
>>381315296
Should I even play Drakengard 2? I was looking through my PS2 library and realized I bought it some years ago (probably thinking it was Drakengard 1).
>>
>>381314674
N2 is based off Gestalt, player/human data is based off Replicant.
>>
>>381296039
It was hard for me as well. Don't make excuses; show me what you're made of!(United Kingdom)
>>
File: 1497465195613.png (32KB, 791x769px) Image search: [Google]
1497465195613.png
32KB, 791x769px
>>381298563
>weight of the world shifting through multiple languages
>people from all over the world coming together to help you finish the game
>asks you, the human, todo the one the machines cant
> the machines spend all game imitating the worst aspects of humanity because thats all they have in records of us, and they cant really choose not to imitate it

> so the game asks us to give up on pointlessly dividing yourself from other people over petty shit and connect with each other for at least this one little thing.

No wonder 4chan has trouble understanding it, it goes against literally everything we're taught on this website.

Jesus christ, its like a community-based version of the End of Evangelion turned interactive this isnt hard OP.
>>
Is there a guide that explains important items. I have so many idk if they're needed for ugrades or can be sold or what
>>
File: 14316981664.gif (416KB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
14316981664.gif
416KB, 250x175px
>expect a cuhrayzee action rpg with cutie waifu
>get an endless forced bullet hell shmup with some faggy manlet

Sure is game of the year wow
>>
>>381317153
The guide is in the game. It literally tells you what is safe to sell.
>>
>>381317153

If an item says it can be exchanged for money, you can sell it. Everything else is upgrade fodder
>>
>>381316978
There's only one good moment in the entirety of Drakengard 2 and it's Caim's return.
Otherwise it's an utter shit.
>>
>100% the game
>Yes even the fucking fish

Man, glad thats over.
>>
>>381317284
Caim and Red's death was pretty good if you actually played the first game.

Also, the gameplay was tough as nails on Extreme difficulty. Shame you had to beat the game twice to unlock it.
>>
File: 1494535781587.jpg (105KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494535781587.jpg
105KB, 1000x1000px
>>381317321
>Did the same thing
>Immediately sacrifice data in ending E

I feel like I should feel like an idiot, but I don't. Somehow it just made the sacrifice all the more meaningful for me.
>>
>>381317470
You did the right thing. 100% is boring as fuck and Taro wanted you to let it go, going as far as allowing you to buy achievements.
>>
>>381309446
The game bookends a speech, first by 2B and then by her Pod, about life and death as a cycle. When 2B tells it she's mad at a creator who would be willing to create things just to die, and wants to kill the "God" pretty badly. But the Pod at the end states that death or ends are always inevitable, and it is what is between birth and death that is called "life"

So basically Ending E is agreeing with the rest of the game that most of the time living is shit and things are awful but keep at it with people who are willing to help and things might be okay.

It's more a melancholic end than a happy end.
>>
>>381318039
Depends on how you view it. So long as there is life, there is hope. I don't consider "hope" to be melancholic.
>>
>>381318039
Except 2B was locked in a very specific type of death and rebirth situation that was absolutely inescapable as long as Bunker existed. She's freed from it together with a guy she loves in the end so while they are still trapped inside mortal life, they can actually start living instead of merely existing with no real purpose.
>>
>>381314062
I played them as they were released.

I was 9 years old when I played Drakengard 1, I thought it was a great game at the time. I replayed it before 3 was released and couldn't even finish the first map.
>>
File: YoRHa_Commander.png (227KB, 310x566px) Image search: [Google]
YoRHa_Commander.png
227KB, 310x566px
>tfw on PC
>tfw memory wipe means nothing
>>
>>381319309
It's more of a symbolic than technical thing.
>>
>>381293412
the final ending in the first Nier doesn't really make sense either

how do you erase yourself from existence? why does that cure a replicant with a gestalt in them? how does Yonah exist if Nier never existed? why are they at the shadowlord's castle if Nier never existed?

it's an emotional ending, but it doesn't make a lick of sense
Automata's makes way more sense by comparison
>>
>>381318512
>they can actually start living instead of merely existing with no real purpose.
As long as they lose their 'muh humans' boner, that is. I got the urge to slap every single android and machine in the game and tell them that they are pretty much human, and that they should just live instead of wanking us so much. but I guess that it´s kind of the point of the story too
>>
>>381319640
2B hates "Gods" prior to the game events already.
9S loves 2B so much it greatly overshadows his love for humans as he was ready to destroy human server at the end of a game.
>>
>haha she was actually 2E da whole time

fuck this game and it's stupid pretentious shit
>>
File: fun.png (743KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
743KB, 1000x1000px
>>381313505

>tfw shitty eyesight
>mfw trying to play this solo

I couldn't do it
>>
File: 20170617132046_1.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170617132046_1.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
>during the city invasion you can shoot the two Engels to death from ground-level
>if you do the YorHa squadrons engaging the machines survive, compliment you on winning without flight suits, and give you a bunch of rewards
Nifty
>>
Does this game play well enough on the regular old double hamber PS4 or do I need the big mac?
>>
File: no feels left.gif (2MB, 288x219px) Image search: [Google]
no feels left.gif
2MB, 288x219px
>emotional scene
>hear this drawing closer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo
>>
>>381320550
what thirdworld hellhole do you live in
>>
>>381321618

America
>>
File: 1495394333273.png (82KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495394333273.png
82KB, 350x350px
WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT LOUD
>>
>>381319620
While I agree, automata's file erase and ending makes more sense in content, I should point out Nier Replicant ceased to exist (until ending E). Nier Gestalt still exists, so it all still makes sense, everyone just thinks Kaine is the hero who defeats the Shadowlord and saves replicant Yonah.
>>
File: 1433028038238.jpg (7KB, 302x132px) Image search: [Google]
1433028038238.jpg
7KB, 302x132px
>>381321617
>Kainé/Salvation starts playing
>>
File: 1471812318631.jpg (167KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1471812318631.jpg
167KB, 750x750px
>>381322130
>it plays on a field of lunar tears where 9S creates a small grave for 2B
>Grandma arrange plays when he fights the army of 2E models
>9S/2B are essentially Nier/Kaine of Automata
>>
>>381319640
>and that they should just live instead of wanking us so much
They're both programmed to deify humans though. And as the Pods have shown, it's really fucking hard to break your own programming. But what's really tragic is Emil; you have these factions that are so desperate to rediscover humankind they're willing to kill eachother for >5000 years over it, but when they encounter the real-deal they dismiss him off the bat as being an even worse imitator of humankind than themselves.
>>
File: fuck humanity.jpg (1MB, 1811x2160px) Image search: [Google]
fuck humanity.jpg
1MB, 1811x2160px
>>381322278
>They're both programmed to deify humans though
YoRHa androids are sending humans to hell left and right.
Remember, they are built with machine cores inside, and N2 ends up being capable of jumping evolutionary bounds way higher than anyone expected. Defying something as simple as programmed feeling for their own true desires is nothing for them. For Pods it was harder because they are simple machines with no alien elements in them.
>>
>>381293412
What was the point of splitting the story into 4 segments with one ending? Then calling it 5 endings when realistically theres only one true ending.
>>
Just watched an LP and the streamers have warned to play the game before watching if you can.
If I've seen up to the point with the robot orgy in the desert basin, all the way to the rollercoaster in the funpark is it still worth playing the game or have I been spoiled too hard to enjoy it?
>>
>>381322467
It's a Japanese writing style thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KishĹŤtenketsu
>>
>>381322609
you've spoiled yourself like 20% of the first route and there's 3 routes in the game
>>
>>381321708
i'm sorry anon
>>
File: two.png (1MB, 1276x540px) Image search: [Google]
two.png
1MB, 1276x540px
>>381322259
Different Taro game but
>DoD3 ending C
>Mikhail and One die, Zero is all fucked up and with no way to die
>credits roll and Tsukiru starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnwhS-huzA
This ending always makes me feel really bad.
>>
>>381313505
>Jap voices
>Get hyped for Jap song
>It's English
>>
>>381322609
That's basically the beginning of the game
>>
>>381322892
there's 5 versions of weight of the world and all of them are included into End of YoRHa
japanese and english version have different lyrics and japanese version called Song of a Broken World, hinting at events of concert ending with 2B being desperate to wake 9S up and saying how much she wishes for a future together with him
>>
>>381322609
Those places are only a few hours in.
You've missed the magic of walking into the theme park for the first time yourself though. It's a wonderful moment.
>>
>>381310631
I still don't understand how the Resistance managed to find Sturmgewehr 44s in the year 10k
And how the hell they are still in working order
>>
>>381323192
>And how the hell they are still in working order
The power of shitty writing
>>
>>381313505
kek
>>
File: 1497065740593.jpg (289KB, 600x862px) Image search: [Google]
1497065740593.jpg
289KB, 600x862px
>>381322804
>>381323003
>>381323061
Fair enough, thanks guys.

In case you're interested (you probably aren't) here's the video that initially got me interested: https://youtu.be/p5vQqr4RJB0?t=3
I found it amusing, though your mileage may vary.
>>
How do I taunt as 2B?
>>
>>381323274
I really doubt Yoko Taro gave a single shit about what prop guns were in the game. Some Platinum modeller probably just thought they looked cool
>>
>>381323368
Mash L3.
It's kind of awkward to pull off.
>>
>>381323307
>they haven't played Nier or DoD before
>Eng dub
>dude Japanese games haha
No thank you.
>>
>>381323307
Fucking Gabe pretending he isn't a weeaboo again. You're a nerd, faggot. Just deal with it.
>>
>>381322259
>tfw 2E crowd confrontation Grandma was instrumental with no lyrics at any point
I was slightly disappointed, but oh well
>>
File: DCf885pXoAAjfdk.jpg (106KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCf885pXoAAjfdk.jpg
106KB, 899x1200px
>>381323951
I still can't get over the fact there's a song in this game called "Grandma - Destruction".
>>
>>381321617
The entire Tower sequence, holy fuck.
Twins did not die for this.
>>
File: wat.jpg (16KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
16KB, 505x431px
>>381293412
>People actually played through this mind-numbing tumblr-tier garbage multiple times
>>
>>381307749
No. The game doesn't get good. Don't bother.
>>
Yoko Taro is a hack if only because A2 is the real heroine but game only fags won't know that because stage play, art novella, and future novel.
>>
>>381307749
>>381324106

yeah go back to mass effect andromeda
>>
what's with all the bait posts all of a sudden?
>>
File: manah.gif (1MB, 235x352px) Image search: [Google]
manah.gif
1MB, 235x352px
>>381324308
Are A2fags always gonna be this mad they ran out of budget before they decided to work on A2's branch?

Also N2 was a fun character, it was nice to see another evil loli voiced by a middle aged man.
>>
File: pretty good, you.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pretty good, you.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>381324450
Someone's fishing for those (you)s
>>
>>381324450

someone linked this thread in a really stupid final fantasy thread
>>
>>381324518
Let's be real, it's Taro. They were never making an A2 branch. They never planned one. They just said "oops no budget" when someone asked them. That way Taro can write a mini-manga later as another ending because he wasn't satisfied with the last non-game ending he wrote.
>>
>>381324363
The story is tumblr-tier faggotry that only gets praised because you faggots never read a book. The combat system is shallow and simply not engaging. Enemy types get old quick and the environments are bland as fuck. Everything about this game is mediocre at best and still you praise it as the 2nd coming of Christ.

At least we both agree Andromeda was shit too.
>>
File: (you).gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>381324759
>>
File: normal_SNIA-CH21-18.jpg (340KB, 628x900px) Image search: [Google]
normal_SNIA-CH21-18.jpg
340KB, 628x900px
>>381324673
Well I hope the ending of that future manga is as miserable as Shi ni Itaru Aka's. You fags deserve to suffer some more.
>>
>>381324879
Wasn't that just a manga that leads to DoD1.3?
>>
>>381324872

Don't even give him attention.
>>
>>381321181
>later 9S takes on a full squad of flight units on foot and wins
2B/9S really feel like they were the best operatives in whole YoRHa.
>>
>>381324872
But he's right.
>>
>>381324879
I think you'll find that this thread consists of people who find pleasure in suffering.
>>
>>381325001
Yeah. The other side story leads to DoD 1.
>>
>>381325105
Didn't know they switched it up like that. Thought all the DoD3 stuff lead to 1.3 instead of 1.
>>
How do I move accurately while hacking? It's so slippery for me.
>>
File: 1434755965275.png (287KB, 621x342px) Image search: [Google]
1434755965275.png
287KB, 621x342px
>>381325169
Both manga come from DoD 3's ending A but end up in very different places, 1.3 and 1, which leads to Nier which leads to Automata.
I can't wait to see what this hack pulls out of his ass next for DoD 5.
>>
>>381325036
9S has literal hacks, which is basically God-mode in a universe where all life is digital. It's no surprise he's overpowered as shit.
But I agree that the other YorHa units were (perhaps unfairly) portrayed largely as chumps throughout the story. That squad of deserters were the only remotely competent fighters.
>>
>>381293412
What was the point of ending C and D in the first Nier? It made no sense unlike it did in the first two endings
Im asking unironically
>>
Did 2B's operator want a piece of 2B's ass?
She was as gay as the day is long.
>>
Why do they wear blindfolds
>>
>>381295754
Also A2 never gets past wanting humans to come back.
>>
>>381326310
They're goggles, the lore reason for the player's hud.
But also muh symbolism, not seeing the truth.
Similar to the Operators' veils, not speaking the truth.
>>
It goes beyond the plot, giving the player a message about connectivity to everyone else, how no matter how hard it is, we can keep going, feel the sense of responsibility, ask for and receive help. Through interactivity, the length of the game that allows players to form a bond with the characters, whole game building up atmosphere of despair, climaxing it all in ending E, giving the player a relly strong feeling of catharsis, Automata challenges other forms of art, showing how video games have it easier breaking the barrier between creator and receiver.
>>
>>381326718
The ending is really clever. It made me tear up a bit when the help eventually arrived.
>>
>>381326484

deep
>>
>>381325898
6O was a massive slut, when she understands she has no chance with 2B she moves on and teases that she knows what happens inside Commander's room.
>>
>>381314062
I played drakengard 1&2, couldn't play either nier or D3 due to money problems so I watched silent plays on my cheap shit laptop. Played automata and enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>381328353
What does happen in the commander's room?
>>
>>381314062
I played all Taro games before Automata was even announced. I miss slow DoD threads that would last for a day or two, good times.
>>
>>381328687
She says that the room itself is a mess and that Commander skips maintenance checks.
When 2B asks her how she knows about this, 6O giggles meaning she probably slept with her.
>>
>>381328705
I miss the overall tone of the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxgyKWVIWVI
>>
File: 42798392_p0.jpg (101KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
42798392_p0.jpg
101KB, 500x650px
>>381328884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFd-blyVS0
>>
File: 1478391842063.jpg (300KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
1478391842063.jpg
300KB, 1200x849px
>>381328705
I've honestly enjoy all the games since they scratched my dynasty warriors itch.
>>
>>381322467
>>381322630
Taro has said in interviews that it is literally just to pad the run time due to low budgets.
>>
File: 60696418_p0.png (776KB, 701x1018px) Image search: [Google]
60696418_p0.png
776KB, 701x1018px
>>381328772
Hot
>>
File: 1399787196216.jpg (2MB, 1800x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1399787196216.jpg
2MB, 1800x1110px
>>381328997
Don't know what happened on picture upload.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.