[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (49KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49KB, 460x215px
What exactly is the problem with Street Fighter 5? I haven't touched SF since 3 and I see a lot of hate around here and I want to know why without looking up the more technical terms.
Other than capcom's shitty business practices like re-releasing the same game multiple times with bundled DLC, what went wrong?
>>
>>381292914
They haven't re-released the game. The most common complaint is the price at release considering it was incomplete as fuck. It was a rushed product in many ways, and there's also the casualization factor that repels the og fanbase. Lastly it's the most popular fighter so contrarians are specially vocal when talking about it.
>>
Gameplay wise some people hate it because it's too drastically different from the last SF game they played. This happens with every new iteration of SF.
>>
>>381292914
It's just not very fun. Everyone is "balanced" in a way that makes them pretty boring. Also it's geared entirely toward online play, so you feel EVERYTIME the servers are down for any reason, which was EVERYDAY when it launched. Something that would have stung a lot less if there was at least an arcade mode.
>>
The game is balanced in a way that's "exciting" from an Esports perspective but feels shitty in the hands of the people actually playing.
>>
>>381292914
>released early so tourneyfags could win dollarydoos with it
>launched with no single player content
>1.5 years later and still no arcade ladder that people have asked for endlessly
>tiny roster that you have to pay real money for extra characters
>>unless you grind out FM like an OCD maniac
>simplified mechanics
>ridiculously bad character models
>classic characters nowhere to be seen
>>instead enjoy Ed, Lion King Akuma, and Gill's secretary
>>
Is it still worth getting on sale to play casually?
>>
>>381298376
yes
>>
>>381298376
yeah

>>381292914
they literally did the opposite of that. now sfv haters are begging for a super version to "fix" the game even though they have been releasing free balance updates and letting you buy new characters with in-game money

while it does get boring after 100s of hours it's mostly /v/ memes about day1 issues and wanting arcade mode for some gay reason
>>
>>381298708
Is there any way to test a character before you buy them? I'd be interested in Kolin but I'd want to know she doesn't control like shit first.
>>
>>381298376
if you have friends to play with, preferably irl, sure. Just don't get hype on any announcements because you'll always be disappointed.
>>
>>381299296
Every couple of months they have a beta where you can play anyone. Right now no unfortunatly
>>
>>381292914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A

capcom made a bad video game. i know, a major AAA release by an extremely out-of-touch corporate entity was bad? how does that even happen? but somehow, shockingly, it did
>>
>>381298708
super sfv is gonna happen though, it'll get shown at TGS i bet
>>
>>381299491
I wouldn't say that the open beta is a regular thing, but with the announcement that capcom is going to collab with bandai namco to improve netcode it is possible that they will do it again.
>>
>>381299761
That's what they said before E3 too. If anything they will wait until next year when season 2 is over and bundle all that content with it. There's no reason to do it until it's finished.
>>
>>381292914

>>381299641
THIS Mothafker has got the vid you need to watch OP
>>
>>381292914
There is literally nothing wrong with the game. People only dont like SFV because all their Japanese gods are getting exposed for not having a year headstart like every other fighting game.
>>
>>381299968
E3 was to reveal the marvel4 demo. Sony also didn't advertise much except followthroughs on projects announced last year. nobody had any real "bombs" to drop except the 2 metroid games, and the major one was just a placeholder logo.
>>
the game's so easy and simplistic that it gets stale fast.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.