[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 66155_front.jpg (644KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
66155_front.jpg
644KB, 640x898px
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1487804143329.png (185KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487804143329.png
185KB, 400x400px
>>381288372
Everything
>>
despite its flaws, I played this game a shitton, but only the first two stages.
>>
File: Satan.jpg (5KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
Satan.jpg
5KB, 257x196px
Everything
>>
>>381288372
There was a split in the dev team, half wanted what spore could have become and the other half wanted the EA half assed shit

Latter team won
>>
>>381288372
EA forced it out before it was ready, and other executive meddling. The game itself was so much fun, but it could have been the most revolutionary game in a decade.

Also, fucking RIP darkspore
>>
>>381288726
They also went behind Will Wright's back and presented the cheaper "more marketable" cartoony version to EA execs.
>>
>>381288589

I liked the last stage because I liked being a space Jew.
>>
File: IMG_8175.jpg (320KB, 1411x1825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8175.jpg
320KB, 1411x1825px
Redpill me on spore was supposed to be
>>
>>381288887
>They also went behind Will Wright's back and presented the cheaper "more marketable" cartoony version to EA execs.
I never heard this. Jesus christ that's slimy.
>>
>>381289124
>Redpill me.
Disregarded.
>>
>>381289124
Does anyone actually know?
>>
>>381288767
>>381288726
wrong, EA had nothing to do with why spore came out how it did.

>There was a split in the dev team

Is accurate though

Here's a 13 page writup from a dev on the team with other devs chiming in in the comments that goes into it, both the artbooks also say that there was a divide in Maxis that resulted in the shift

http://www.designer-notes.com/?p=654
>>
>>381288894
Because that's the only way you can play the game and get anywhere. All you do is go around and constantly trade the rare spice for money so you can colonize more worlds with rare spice to sell and make money. Might as well just use the money cheat and save yourself the boring grind.
>>
>>381289208
OBSESSED
>>
>>381289208
AM I FITTING IN?!
>>
>>381289438

You don't understand, I get enjoyment from feeling like a Jewed someone. The grind was the fun.
>>
>>381289827
I prefer the making creatures and terraforming aspects.
>>
>>381289827

but you never jewed anyone, you just played interstellar spice delivery
>>
B
>>
>>381288372
>amazing concept
>neutered in development with cartoony kid-friendly bullshit to pander to normies
>whatever realistic take on evolution is obviously long-lost
>releases in a state that is half-finished if you're feeling generous
>creature stage is almost worth building a full game around
>half-baked Civ ripoff and an errand-running sim are 90% of the game
>fantastic creation tools allow you to make everything you could possibly imagine, but animations and rigging are hilariously bad and make most great creations mere statues
>sporepedia is poorly moderated and easily brigaded by bots that downvote great creations and mass-upvote terrible shit
>sporum is a cesspool of autistic screeching that makes le reddit look appealing
>DLC allows you to feasibly create complex quests and stories, but is so horrifically broken to use that 99% of all adventures are steam greenlight-tier wet garbage
>>
>>381290190
Really though. You don't even even get to set the price. It just bases it around the planets location away from the planet with the rare spice. A planet that's 3 stars away will pay more than one 2 stars away.
>>
>>381288478
>>381288625
Came here to say this
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.