[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Bungie forsaken us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 30

File: destiny.png (141KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
destiny.png
141KB, 500x273px
Why did Bungie forsaken us?
>>
Because they forsaken Halo first.
>>
File: Destiny Fallen.jpg (455KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny Fallen.jpg
455KB, 1920x1080px
>Have all this good lore and cool alien races
>Never use any of it
>Have a season pass
>For the first 2 shitty DLCs rather than the DLCs that change the entire game
>Make an FPS MMORPG
>Classes don't feel unique enough
>THE FUCKING LOOT SYSTEM
>Multiplayer is ass
>Have only one (1) vehicle you can control

Destiny was a disappointment all around.
>>
>>381268960
Confirmed for having never played Destiny.
>>
TTK launch was the highlight of the game.
>>
>>381269137
Confirmed for not knowing what reasoning behind the game's disappointment is.
>>
>>381268960
Plus the AI had less personality than Marathon's or Halo's, and the MMO mission structure is trash.
>>
>>381269137
I have played Destiny from Vanilla to Dark Below, true, but first impressions are everything for me and it was so shit.

The ONLY redeemable thing I could say from what I played is that Raids were nice.
>>
>>381268960
Played the shit out of it and mostly agree. More vehicles would've been nice. There was actually 3 useable types but 2 were only in a few areas/missions.
The season pass shit was silly but still saved 10 bucks on the 2 DLCs so it's whatever. The fact the last 2 were like $40 each is more bullshit than anything else.
Classes were fine, each had a good use but Nightstalker, defender and (before nightfall changes) sunsinger were the obvious best for PvE.
I never had a problem with the loot system though. It was pretty harsh on launch but they switched it up pretty quick, and you weren't disadvantaged for having that one light level less for a couple months.
>>
>>381268121
Activision
>>
>>381268121

It's a bad ending universe we live in

>Bungie abandons halo
>Gives it to a shitty developer that kills halo
>Goes on to make an even shittier franchise

No one won.
>>
>>381269509
They could've at least used the ship and have some sort of space battle system on your way to the planets to give a reason for ships existing. I don't know, something.
>>
>>381269435
>Multiplayer that consists of magic and shit.
You have reasoning for thinking the multiplayer is bad. With another game, I can at least say that death was totally my fault instead of getting killed by a bunch of supers.
>>
>>381269509
>>381268960
Its weird that BUNGIE of all people couldn't design good vehicles for Destiny. Part of that was all the "big" maps for vehicles were shit.

The loot system was shit because it was random even for all strike bosses. I wanted/expected specific loot to drop from specific bosses, but instead we got RNG engrams. They added a handful of unique items in TTK strikes, but I never played Rise of Iron to see if they expanded on that.
>>
>raids were the only well designed part
>No LFG
>Reused assets up the bum
>Microtransactions
>Multiplayer was 50% luck based
>Classes all played almost identical
>>
How to fix classes:
>Actually give stats that mean a damn thing.
>Instead of "Grenade, Melee, Super" variation, have some unique things for the first two then have the super stay the same
>Some unique class weapons would be nice.

As for fixing certain sub classes I have no idea.
>>
>>381268121

make another marathon, faggots
>>
Raids were the only good and cool thing about destiny. I got nearly everything that was cool in the Vault of Glass in one run, meanwhile others got shit on with the stupid as shit rng.

If you want a better Destiny, play Warframe.
>>
>>381268121
Because people with money are buying it.

Capitalism ho!
>>
>>381269137
What? Everything he said is spot on
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46NEcUhcc0
Destiny 2 looks pretty slick with uncapped fps
>>
>>381269137
Confirmed for stockholm syndrome.
You need help, anon.
>>
>>381270637
Looks more of the same. It lacks satisfying adventure like Marathon or Halo had. They should go back to just making a linear co-op FPS and drop this loot MMO shit because it ruins all possible atmosphere.
>>
>>381270637
>Playing fps on PC.
Ew. Seriously, I like PC but FPS has always been better with a controller.
>>
>>381270258
Class weapons is a bad idea, but its insane to me that they are reusing the grenade/melee abilities from the first game. Every single one of them. They did add a new ability that is unique for the classes, but as a result it doesn't matter what subclass your in its just 2 options.
>>
>>381270839
They'll never do that because their entire playerbase consists of people that get hooked on shallow loot based games
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>381269394
>these are the same people who wrote cortana
>THESE ARE THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE WHO WROTE DURANDAL
I hate that stupid fucking thing.
>>
Bungie is just a corporate trademark. Video games are made by people, and most of the people who worked on Halo are not currently employed by Bungie. Also, Jason Jones is unhinged.
>>
Destiny was a pretty solid game in the end. Not what it should have been, but something to build upon.

Destiny 2, however, is rapidly revealing itself to be shit.

>overall slowing down of the game to appease casuals/pander to the E SPORTS crowd
>2 subclasses per class
>removing perk customization completely, pre-set builds per subclass
>taking a Brawl approach and removing community tech as opposed to embracing it as part of the design, removing Titan skating/Warlock surfing
>no more 6v6 for casual fun, everything is 4v4
>no fucking rumble
>removed private matches, dubious promises about releasing them, maybe it won't take three years this time
>STILL no ranked/social playlists in spite of trying to be more ESPORTS

I'm a huge Destinyfag and the blows just keep coming day after day. It seriously feels like they're making the game for the people who didn't like Destiny as opposed instead of for the people who actually stuck with the game through the good and bad. I'm still holding out hope and maybe PVE will be good, but what they've shown so far doesn't look like they're touching on the interesting lore in a way that doesn't suck.
>>
>>381271047

Don't make a mistake anon. Those people have left Bungie long time ago, the Bungie you knew no longer exists.

What a shame, you could tell that they still were able to make good games when Reach was published.
>>
Just a reminder anyone in this thread criticizing Destiny is toxic and entitled.
>>
>>381271047
I meant like enemy behavior, but you are still 100% right, Ghost is utter crap compared to them.
>>
>>381269813
They did. The loot from the strike bosses was actually some of the most desirable in the game as well, but you just had basically no chance at getting a good roll because of how many shit perks were in the pool.

...worse yet, people bitched that they couldn't get items, so they added a key system that made sure you got the drop but you had to grind the keys first. Completely removed the ways people had discovered to farm the items to appease dumb casuals.
>>
>>381271227
>>>overall slowing down of the game to appease casuals/pander to the E SPORTS crowd

As if Destiny could get any more casual. Please anon
>>
>>381271167
>Also, Jason Jones is unhinged.
What?
>>
>>381271656
He's literally the only founder that's left in the company. He's mentally deranged.
>>
File: Destiny Cabal.jpg (554KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny Cabal.jpg
554KB, 1920x1080px
Why couldn't they have some enemy weapons to be part of your arsenal?

I want to use the Cabal shield and it using heavy ammo to soak damage before breaking.
>>
>>381271227
>Set builds
>Removing the one thing that made Titans good
Jesus Christ it sounds even worse
>>
>>381271625
100% is though. The skill ceiling for Destiny existed in the movement tech and the ability to play fast. They're trying to force more primary gun fights, which is a good thing for the game, but they've nearly completely removed that element of the game.

..although they've also removed 1 bang sticky grenades with INSANE tracking/magnetism that come up every 20ish seconds with max Discipline, so that's good. In doing so though, they've removed the Intellect/Strength/Discipline system, leading to even less build variety in PVE.
>>
>>381268960
But it's made by Bungie, the guys who made Halo.
My money on Halo was shit from the beginning.
>>
People who will defend, buy and play destiny 2 are everything wrong with this industry
>>
File: tumblr_m46yhajlj11qebu1zo1_400.gif (503KB, 310x174px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m46yhajlj11qebu1zo1_400.gif
503KB, 310x174px
>>381271261
Keep in mind, there's not many original Bungie workers in the company as they used to.
>>
>>381271914
Not shit, but probably overhyped/rated for what it was, a simple yet coherent FPS with a (good) sci-fi background.
>>
File: 32498728194276.jpg (50KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
32498728194276.jpg
50KB, 600x821px
>>381271995
Don't care.
>>
>>381271656
Went AWOL during the development of Halo 3 and the rest of his team was forced to work without him. When he came back they told him to start working on the next IP, which turned out to be Destiny.

He fired Marty O'Donnell because he was jealous of his popularity. He wasn't happy with Joe Staten's script for Destiny and started over in a lot of places, which is why the story was a mess and there was so much cut content.
>>
>>381272137
It was only slightly overrated. Overall it deserved the praise it got. Journalists had less influence then, it was a different time.
>>
>>381271827
>but tank characters shouldn't be fast even though Hunters are much quicker in literally any situation that isn't a pure straight line
>who cares that you have to spec max armor to have any difference in time to kill and Warlocks can do it by throwing on a Helmet!

I'm so pissed they gave into those people. I'll admit I'm SUPER biased because Titan Skating is a major reason I put as many hours into Destiny as I did and Rumble was my favorite playlist(Destiny 2 is specifically targeting me), but I genuinely feel like the game is not shaping up to be what people wanted it to be.

Again, holding out hope, but it just seems a lot more dull and super safe. They're trying to make the game easier for them to balance which I can understand, but they're losing a lot of the things that actually made the game unique in the process. Not every game has to be a competitive E-Sport title. Things can be a little unhinged and fun.
>>
>>381271995
Fucking this. Lyin-ass devs.
>>
File: 1474744173928.gif (787KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474744173928.gif
787KB, 640x480px
>>381270939
Awww, no one gave this poor little anon his (You)
Here you gonna little fella.
>>
>>381271909
Destiny's PvP has far bigger issues holding it back than whether or not titan skating and stickies will be in the game
>>
The community for this game by far is the worst, most smug, most head up their own asses who refuse to admit this game and Bungie have problems community that I stopped playing because I didn't want to support this shit anymore. Every time there is a post on facebook or youtube about this game and someone says legit criticism you get hundreds of mongrel Latinos and white teenagers who work at McDonalds calling you spoiled and entitled for criticizing the game and saying Bungie owes you nothing. Fuck that they deserve this shit game.
>>
>>381272265
That was HIS fault? Jesus christ I used to love that guy.
>>
>>381270483
Warframe's shooting feels like utter shit though. Say what you want about destiny, the shooting feels incredibly satisfying. I occasionally boot the game just to walk around and shoot things. They did fuck everything else up though.
>>
>>381272332
They honestly should have just stuck to the generic formula of Tank, DPS and Support for their first time designing an MMORPG.

I feel so pissed when my Titan has less health than a faggy Warlock at the same level.
>>
>>381272265
Holy shit

Can I get a source, though? I'd like to not talk out of my own ass.
>>
>>381272265
Source. The part about Marty sounds very hard to believe.
>>
>>381272416
>Awww
Already lost interest.
>>
>>381272504
Some Kotaku article. Bungie higher ups didn't like the fact that the game progressed from planet to planet in a linear order and DELETED FUCKING EVERYTHING for no reason instead of working around it.

Original story sounds so much better.

>>381272497
Nah man, Warlocks get everything because that's what everyone at Bungie plays.
>>
File: 1448925591787.gif (599KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448925591787.gif
599KB, 500x500px
>Destiny was supposed to had godlike lore
>gets reduced to grimoire cards
>while poorly implemented they still shed a lot of light on everything
>Destiny 2 rolls around
>WHAT? GRIMOIRES? NO ONE READ THOSE LOL
>YOU GET EPIC PRE-RENDERED CINEMATICS FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH QUIPS FOR BAD@SSES SUCH AS YOURSELVES
>LORE? PSSH WE DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE DARKNESS IS
>AND EXO STRANGER ISNT COMING BACK BECAUSE WE WRAPPED HER STORY UP ALREADY

It's pretty obvious they just want to detach any relation to what Destiny was under the old Bungie team. If Borderlands is Suicide Squad, then Destiny is Guardians of the Galaxy, thats how Bungie wants it to be.
>>
>>381272265
Sauce me now!
>>
>>381268121
as someone who didn't try the game until very recently with the complete version, and as someone who recently played through all the halo games...
This is the best console FPS I've played, and it's going to be amazing when the sequel comes to PC. The gameplay mechanics are near perfect, and the production values are off the charts. If Destiny 2 can pull off solid end game PVP and raids, it will basically be the long awaited replacement to WoW for me.
>>
One of the guys at Kotaku interviewed the head story guy and got him to admit they had no idea what the fuck the darkness is and you won't see that mentioned anymore going forward.
>>
>>381268121
They decided to give in to the PC crowd
>>
>>381272726
Are they really getting rid of the lore?

FUCK! Fallen society pre-whirldwind sounded so good, the Vex and their entire purpose of encoding themselves in the universe was great, Cabal in general were cool and despite my hate for Hive, their lore was also very neat. Not to mention the lore of the old Vanguards, post-collapse human society and individual guardian stories questioning the Traveller. Oh, and Rasputin being the one that shot the Traveller.
>>
File: 1496198493835.jpg (29KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1496198493835.jpg
29KB, 500x390px
>>381272726
>There's no more grimoire
>They're not doing anything with the Exo Stranger
Fuck you
>>
>>381272726
Yeah, I have no trust in what they've shown so far. Rather than dig into all the cool things the grimoire had, they're just throwing it all out of bringing it into the game in a hamfisted way.

It's so sad. You can tell the original universe they created had so much nuance to it and a lot of thought put into everything. I might have Stockholm Syndrome because of how much time I've been into the game, but it really might have been the "Star Wars for video games" thing they set out to achieve.
>>
File: 1497835426944.png (28KB, 670x271px) Image search: [Google]
1497835426944.png
28KB, 670x271px
>>381271261
>>381272053
>>
>>381272416
>Anon has different opinion
>OMG! Take all my (You)
Get out of here. This a destiny discussion thread, not a shitposting thread.
>>
>>381271227
>2 subclasses per class
They aren't launching with 3 element subclasses? There is no reason to take one out, even if its to revamp it into a new super. Just add a new fucking element in TTK-2
Everything else is PVP which was always shit

I knew Destiny 2 wasn't going to be the leap it needed when they very lightly changed/added to the classes. How do they just keep all the grenade and melee abilities, without adding new ones?
>>
File: 1467735790.jpg (26KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
1467735790.jpg
26KB, 638x359px
Can you trade equipment?

Is the drop system still a random dart on a board?
>>
>>381272504
>>381272557
>>381272782
From a year before O'Donnell's firing:

>"One of the things that I think really gets [Bungie co-founder] Jason Jones's goat sometimes is that there is still one person who can make a contribution that's outsized, and that's Marty O'Donnell," Chris Butcher tells us. "There's only one composer."

https://www.polygon.com/features/2013/1/24/3908184/heart-of-bungie-destiny-jason-jones-marty-odonnell-halo

>In the summer of 2013, just over a year before Destiny came out, the story got a full reboot, according to six people who were there. Bungie ditched everything Joe Staten and his team had written, reworking Destiny’s entire structure as they scrapped plot threads, overhauled characters, and rewrote most of the dialogue. The decision was made against Staten’s wishes, sources say. Destiny project lead Jason Jones and the rest of senior leadership were unhappy with the writing team’s supercut, and their reaction was to scrap it all.

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731
>>
>>381273108
I never said the Bungie employees stayed at 343i. Just saying they all left doing their own stuff.
>>
>>381268590
Halo5 is the greatest game of the series though.
>>
>>381270939
LMAO
>>
The original crew who made Bungie good have all either left the company or been fired.

Activision performed a corporate takeover, on top of microsoft already getting some of their executive psychopaths into the company. Bungie's a walking corpse.

They might've survived signing up for one more Halo game as an independent studio before striking out on their own for a publisher - there would've been more publisher options available then. But too late now. RIP Bungie
>>
I remember first playing destiny and seeing the large vanguard table I assume more classes and this vanguard leaders would be patched in. Lol how delusional I was.
>>
File: 1497374367798.png (413KB, 836x632px) Image search: [Google]
1497374367798.png
413KB, 836x632px
>>381273226
Holy shit what the fuck
>>
>>381273204
No.

Yes.
>>
>>381272989
>>381272726
>>381273012
>one of the biggest complaints about Destiny was having to go onto a website just to read the lore in order to get an idea of what the story was and even then it was pretty vague
>Destiny 2 will no longer have a grimoire, but have the lore ingame in its own tab, tell an actual story with less vagueness like "The Darkness" and the exo stranger, plus have scannables like TTK which give background information to what's going on in the world
>MUH GRIMOIRE AND TERRIBLY WRITTEN CHARACTER
Two of the worst things about the narrative of Destiny are gone and things that the community liked from Destiny, like the interactions with Cayde-6 and the Vanguard, are being expanded on, but people want to latch onto the old shit.
>>
>>381273072
I hated the game but loved the lore. I want to read all of the lore but I have to play the fucking game to do that.
It sucks.
>>
>>381273108
343i had like... 3 bungie people

Frankie and maybe a couple artists? Basically it was fuck all.
>>
>>381273331
what, all the different sub classes weren't enough?

I don't get it, I wasn't even much of a }Bungie Halo fan at all, but really, you're hard pressed to find a better or at least more unique shooter out there, and there's still plenty of subclass customization and shit. Did people hate the PvP that much?
>>
>>381273289
Yes. I agree that Halo 5's FORGE is amazing and multiplayer was rather good, the campaign of the game is very awful. The concept and marketing of the story was great though.
>>
>>381273487
>He thinks the Grimoire lore will be properly implemented in the game
>He thinks the stuff with Cayde will be anything resembling substantial
>>
>>381273487
>People liked Cayde-6
He was annoying from the start. Also, the darkness was getting unraveled by the time of The Taken King. We know that the worms are the spawns of it and that is what is infecting the Hive. Now, you can't start unraveling something then abandon it. Same with the Stranger. We never knew who she worked with or for, not to mention that cliff hanger at the end of The Taken King.
>>
>>381273587
Literally every subclass played the same except for grenades and supers.
>>
>>381273204
>>381273431

This is an artificial way to pad out a game that has no content.
>>
>>381273316
>Activision performed a corporate takeover
This, but not yet. I guarantee Bungie will be a subsidiary of Activision when all this 10-year contract bullshit is "finished"
>>
File: 1495786869881.jpg (183KB, 1200x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1495786869881.jpg
183KB, 1200x1141px
They were a one hit wonder studio.

The likes of Halo 3 will never be produced again.
>>
>>381273776
Actually yes.

Let's not forget that almost all of the raids were reused assets.
>>
>>381273587
>Did people hate the PvP that much?

People do, for some reason. I've never understood why. It has some severe balance issues, but 90% of people playing casually will never play enough to get frustrated by them. Shooting and movement feels better in Destiny than any other shooter I've ever played.
>>
File: 1495600064915.jpg (5KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
1495600064915.jpg
5KB, 265x190px
>>381272932
Are you even aware of Bungie's history pre-2000? They were exclusively computer games, and a good one at that. That's why Microsoft bought the company.
>>
>>381273587
Classes felt unique every few minutes when your super was up. They reused grenades and melee is fucking melee. I'd rather them drop the subclass concept and just have a bunch of classes so they can feel unique.
>>
>>381273901
Destiny has okay controls for a Console FPS, but in the end it's got lackluster maps and terribly unbalanced weapons.
>>
>>381273824
halo 3 wasn't even that great, the shooting in it sucks compared to destiny. halo 2 had a more interesting story and campaign, was more innovative with online, and wasn't a floaty mess.
>>
>>381273901
I quit when the Thorn was at its' peak.
>>
>>381273487
>things that the community liked from Destiny are being expanded on
The community is literally deranged
>>
>>381273689
Properly implemented? The grimoire entries are nice little bits of fiction, but that's all they are. You could literally just copy and paste them into the game and there wouldn't be a difference. I'd much rather have actual quests and stories that expand the game than having to read about all the cool stuff other people did that haven't even shown up in the game. Looking at you Saint-14. The fact that they have actual questlines for each of the Vanguard already shows that it will be much more substantial than anything on release Destiny. TTK showed a little bit of Cayde and Eris and the community loved it. Hopefully they can keep the ball rolling and at least deliver a workable story.
>>
>>381273629
The campaign has been shit since 2 so what.
>>
>>381273226
It doesn't really prove that's why he's fired, but it does raise the question of what the hell Jason's problem was. I don't get it. He seemed like a cool guy when he was younger.
>>
>>381273989
But most of the Supers had you play the same anyways.
>Enter a mode where you hold a button and kill people
>Launch a projectile that kills things
>Launch multiple projectiles that kills things
Only exception to the rule was the Titan bubble.
>>
File: 1495465228917.jpg (131KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1495465228917.jpg
131KB, 1920x816px
>>381274010
Halo 3 was their magnum opus though. Some of my fondest online moments with that game.
>>
>>381274010
halo 2 had a dreadful story and campaign
>>
>>381273824
>every marathon game
>every halo game
>one hit
Anon why
>>
>>381274039
That's my point. We're not gonna get the lore in cool quests. We just won't get it at all.
>>
>>381274110
I liked the Titan. It was the only class where the two sub classes actually perfectly fits in with their role.
>>
>>381274160
maybe so, but at least it was better than 3's.
>>
>>381274116
Halo 3 had the worst magnum
>>
>>381273587
Destiny has possibly the worst PvP of all time. It's embarassing

>no dedicated servers
>30fps
>no ranked play
>hold-your-hand levels of aim assist and magnetism
>shoddy hit detection
>flavor of the month classes depending on how bungle balanced the last patch
>flavor of the month guns depending on how bungle balanced the last patch
>supers everywhere

Destiny 2 pc will fix some of these like the framerate and all assist but shit like keeping p2p connections is just laughable. Especially if they're allegedly trying to get into esports
>>
>>381273267
Yeah I can't wait for the indie garbage and VR experiences they churn out. I hear Staten is just working at Mircrosoft again.
http://kotaku.com/a-ton-of-destiny-devs-have-left-bungie-recently-to-make-1784402854
>>
>>381273889
I had such high hopes for this game, but in the end it is garbage. It really has an objectively bad rewards system that discourages long term interest.
>>
because you idiots kept playing it, shoulda been dead after a month
>>
>>381274020
Thorn didn't piss me off anywhere besides Trials, and it was pretty bad that they didn't fix it, yeah.

That's fair enough though, you quit in response to a problem they didn't fix for like six months. There's a ton of people who "hated" PVP in Destiny despite the fact they never played enough to understand the pain of being two tapped and waved at while you burn out from across the map. I guess if you give people the option of some sort of PVE endgame(which Destiny didn't even really have) and playing PVP, people would otherwise play something like CoD casually will just grind strikes for no reason.
>>
>>381274310
fuck off with your autismal bullshit. You obviously never played it
>>
>>381274310
In classic Bungo fashion, they have some sort of justification about the dedicated servers. Sounds like some sort of half measure, but yeah, I guess it isn't "strictly" P2P.

They have a blog post about it somewhere.
>>
>>381274519
>Wasn't there during the Sun Singer peak
>Wasn't there during the Titan peak
>Wasn't there during the Thorn's peak
>Wasn't there for the first raid weapon's peak (Forgot the name of it)
>>
>>381273719
>not to mention that cliff hanger at the end of The Taken King
Which one?
>>
>>381274519
Literally everything he said is true
At one point the community was rating snipers on how much latent AA they had
>>
>>381268960
>>Have only one (1) vehicle you can control
But there are at least three, not counting reskin vehicles and turrets.
>>
>>381274335
I'm happy about the VR game since it's getting us a new full soundtrack from Marty.
>>
>>381274519
Holy shit people like you are why destiny is fucking cancer
>>
>>381273824
>Myth; rts (2 games)
>Oni; action/fighter (1 game)
>Halo; fps (5 games)
>Marathon; fps (2 games)

>3 different genres
>3 different platforms
>4 different franchises
>10 different big hitter games

They were anything but a one-hit wonder studio.

I don't think there's a single other studio in existence that has nearly the track record Bungie did.
>>
>>381274750
Again, I decided to quit during Dark Below.
>>
>>381274045
>My opinion is fact.
lol
>>
>>381274681
>At one point the community was rating snipers on how much latent AA they had

Which is fucking embarassing. People rating guns based on how strong its aimbot is has no place in a competitive shooter.
>>
>>381275069
good thing it's coming to pc then, aye?
>>
>>381274750
He's talking about vehicles you can use in PVE patrols. Mars is the only planet that has other vehicles but other than that, that's about it. For PVP, you have to WAIT for the multiplayer mode to be up to ride them.
>>
>>381275118
The pc version will definitely be the goto version for the dedicated PvPers no doubt. That is if it takes off there.
>>
>>381271227
I never played Destiny because it looked mediocre, I won't play the second because it looks mediocre and you, a Destiny fan are down on the new game. What did Bungie mean by this?
>>
>>381274195
Doubt it. All they would need to do is copy paste it. From what I've been able to gather from interviews, the lore will unlocked as you play the game. From doing the new Adventures, interacting with NPCs, having a bunch of scannables that provide background information, and I assume the tried and true method of getting guns/armor. If there's something Destiny did wrong it in regards to storytelling it was trying to touch on too many things at once without a proper narrative. Its lore is trying to grasp many concepts and characters all at once, and while it creates interest and a want to investigate further, there's no real followup. I'd rather have a focused narrative that does a good job going through a few concepts than something that lightly touches many things.
>>
>>381272265

this shit is true. the part about marty being fired is only half of it. he didn't like how big marty had gotten AND he decided Marty was too expensive to keep around so he fucking fired him. bungie is a soulless husk now. need further proof? look at the fucking debacle that has followed every announcement regarding destiny 2
>>
>>381275889
The absolute worst thing is I imagine they are going to rape us with in game purchases badly since the cuck community and streamers ate that shit up.
>>
>>381272427

>this post

destiny has BY FAR the most cynical fanbase of any currently popular game
>>
>>381275223
>what are pikes
>what are sparrows
>>
>>381271167

This basically,

Jason Jones is a confirmed prick.
>>
>>381275223
I can't believe that these guys had shitty vehicles that were only operated by one person.
This can't be the studio that gave us the Warthog.
>>
>>381271227
>overall slowing down of the game to appease casuals/pander to the E SPORTS crowd
I really wanted to go over this too. I'm really torn about the decision to move Snipers, Shotguns, and Fusion rifles to the Power ammo slot. I like the idea that they're doing something different for weapons to shake things up, but that's about where it ends. Lets face it, shotguns were really only used in PVP and in non-intense PVE. Fusion rifles maybe even less. Sniper rifles were the go-to weapon for high-end PVE content and were good in PVP. Now what they've done is moved them all into the same slot as Rocket Launchers and Swords, making your choices for this even more limited, thus more important. I honestly don't think fusion rifles, shotguns, or the new linear fusion rifles can compete with sniper rifles, rockets, grenade launchers or swords and that putting them in that situation is a big mistake. MAYBE just only putting the sniper in the power ammo slot would be the right choice since it would promote more play with the other former special weapons including the new linear fusion. From what I saw of the gameplay that's available, it takes 2 shots to the body from the Power sniper to kill a legionary, which is nothing really impressive given what the slot can do with the weapons already in Destiny. Weapons that weren't even seen too often will probably be seen even less. Exotics are a different story and I'm keeping them separate in my analysis since for all I know they could make a fusion or shotgun exotic BiS, but I doubt that.
>>
>>381276037
You are the cancer I was talking about
Autists who take it personally when someone complains about bugs in the game.
>>
if they can iron out some of the crucible issues and have more content in the game than destiny 1 did, I'll be happy.
>>
File: TBH FAM.jpg (38KB, 293x466px) Image search: [Google]
TBH FAM.jpg
38KB, 293x466px
I liked destiny

getting super fucking blasted and raiding with some friends is fun
>>
>>381277715
Bungie is dead in all but name. Most of the people making Destiny had nothing to do with Halo.
>>
As someone who never played the first game, is Destiny 2 PC worth checking out?
>>
>>381277715
warthog controls like shit, and they made a clear high level choice to focus on ground combat anyway, this stuff takes time, you can't just cut and paste on a new game with a new ip with a new engine.
>>
>>381273226
So Staten got screwed over, and his story got dumped?, where is he now?
>>
>>381278990
>warthog controls like shit
t. shitty driver. it was fine, and a lot of fun if you knew what you were doing
>>
>>381278990
So you were terrible at driving. How about the Pelican then?
Or maybe you can recognize the point that I was trying to make, then again maybe not.
>>
>>381272494
Did we play the same games?
Destiny weapons feel unresponsive, heavy almost bloblike.
Warframe feels too light, but at least precise. Destiny feels like I'm hauling 80 pound gun.
>>
>>381276750
In patrols, not missions.
>>
>>381279145
He's back at Microsoft, ironically, but not working on Halo. He has written the story for ReCore and now Crackdown 3.
>>
Destiny will probably go down as the biggest disappointment of the decade.

So much hype, so much promise. The concept art was beautiful too.

Bungie gutted the lore and as a result Staten left, Jones left, they tried to rob marty of his royalties. Most of the minds behind Bungies successes left during Destinys development or after launch. The game ended up just being a boring repetitive grind fest for loot with bare bones content. You also had to effectively buy the game multiple times for a "complete" game.

You must have extremely low standards when it comes to video games to still support and play Destiny.
>>
>>381279482
Not him, but everyone I've talked to says that if there was one thing Destiny got right more than anything else, it was the gunplay.
>>
>>381276750
We already have sparrows on the list. Anon was talking about other vehicles besides sparrows and those big machine rides in mars.
>>
File: 1473639289102.png (71KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1473639289102.png
71KB, 251x251px
>bungie was working on destiny since at least halo 3
>they teased it in halo odst
>straight up said the reason they put the space combat mission in reach is because they were testing things for the future
>it was supposed to complete some big trinity they had with marathon and halo
>first teaser at e3 looked ok
>something definitely happens to bungie internally after that
>next e3 showing
>pretty much same thing shown at last demo but downgraded, space ship combat never mentioned again
>beta releases
>same exact thing from e3
>people get really skep
>"maybe we will get more in the release this cant be it"
>nope
>you pretty much got the first third of the game in the beta/demo
>they even changed a mode they called "explore" to "patrol" in the final game because people complained in the beta that they werent exploring shit

I dont know what happened but destiny and destiny have been through some shit. I honestly think it is a good game and that is mostly due to the core gameplay a testament to the people who made halo great, but the game really feels like its been twisted and morphed behind the scenes heavily. They do seem to be really aware of the criticism, and have been in overdrive to fix it since the taken king but the damage from the start will probably never be fixed.
>>
>>381279254
I recognize your point, I just don't agree that they should have focused more development time on something that has so little to do with the core gameplay loop, because if they did then other more important areas of the game could potentially suffer.
>>
>>381279580
Wow, at least they arent forcing him to work back on halo again, and letting him do other things
>>
>>381279695
>Most of the minds behind Bungies successes left during Destinys development or after launch.
Besides Staten, Jones and Marty who else was just as important as them that left during/after Destiny? I'm seeing guys who joined during Halo 3, artists, a world designer, but nobody that really stands out.
>>
>>381274020
Best time.. the game is shit now with all thee nerfs
>>
File: Moth Best.jpg (713KB, 800x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Moth Best.jpg
713KB, 800x1170px
>>381268121
They didn't add Moth aliens.

Someone knows what I'm fucking talking about.
>>
>>381279482
I guess we didn't. All of the guns in destiny felt like they were powerful, with good animation, sound design and auto-aim that was unintrusive most of the time. Warframe meanwhile felt like I was shooting enemies with a squirtgun. The sound is weak, the animation even more so. At that point, it doesn't matter that the movement is better, because every gun feels like shit.
>>
What boggles my mind is how they had concept art and Grimore bits about the darkness and the moths and shit, and apparently now they had no idea what the fuck they were doing.
If the preorder didn't go on sale during E3 I'd be more upset. I hope they learned their lesson and at least this time they won't make these big huge promises and let us just be disappointed by the game itself instead of being disappointed by both the game and the lack of lore.
>>
I get Bungie REALLY hates Microsoft after working with them for so long and, very likely, being treated like shit but I seriously think they're doing a whole lot worse. They could still have given Halo development over to 343i, but majority of the decisions they've made so far Microsoft would not have approved of.
>>
File: Mothmonsterman.png (231KB, 409x357px) Image search: [Google]
Mothmonsterman.png
231KB, 409x357px
>>381280715
>>381280916
Moths were only in early concept art and they eventually became the Hive as we know them today. Moths, worms, and other things associated with death became their shtick.
>>
>>381279695
>>381280334
No answer?
>>
steel vandal didn't
>>
>>381274681
>had the queens scout from before rise of iron. (highest initial aim assist.)
>it had hidden hand and a acog scope with a passive AA boost.
>could see other guardians through walls in PVP.
Their AA was such a pain for pve with enemies running in front of a target dragging your sights along with it.
>>
>>381274681
>had the queens scout from before rise of iron. (highest initial aim assist.)
>it had hidden hand and a acog scope with a passive AA boost.
>could see other guardians through walls in PVP.
Their AA was such a pain for pve with enemies running in front of a target dragging your sights along with it.
>>
>>381268121
Because Destiny is literally Borderlands.

>Classes with subclasses, ultimates and skill trees. (however I wouldn't really call destiny's skill trees, skill trees)

>FPS with heavy emphasis on loot

>spess

>AI that follows you around the whole game

Hell, even people at bungie even admitted to using BL as inspiration
>>
>>381284667
The question is whether it did the formula better than Borderlands.
>>
>>381285713
It certainly did the shooting better. I would say the loot systems are about equally bad, just in different ways. First bl had better writing though.
>>
>>381268121
test
>>
They promised an open world story based shooter.

What they delivered was an instance based grind fest with barely a story at all. No voice chat. 3 player parties. Bullet Sponge enemies instead of decent A.I. And from what I can tell ridiculous amounts of DLC that was never really worth it.

I quit after the first month. Never looked back.
>>
I skimmed through the thread while on the shitter and noticed that the major complaints seemed to be lack of meaningful story, weak PvP that doesn't look like it will improve and the overly generic feeling most players got from class to class barring supers. None of these things were done well and they only seem to be getting worse. I expected six, seven new weapon types. Dual wielding. A fourth subclass for each class or; god forbid, a new class entirely. Ships being meaningful. Weapons being meaningful beyond outright dogshit or best in class. Weapon balancing that isn't so reactionary. I mean, Christ. The Thorn went from being one of the worst exotics requiring some of the most work to being one of the best in PvP to being relatively weak in a relatively short time frame.
>>
>>381277789
Yeah, that is going to have weird implications all over the place. I'm ALL for more primary play in PVP(my quibble is with them removing the movement tech and slowing down time to kill), but the PVE implications of those weapons moving to the power slot is super concerning. Unless they radically change the way they design raid bosses, Snipers and Rocket Launchers are just going to duke it out and there's not going to be any other choices.
>>
>>381287063
Destiny pve has been getting the shaft from pvp balancing since the beginning of Destiny starting when they fucked the mythoclast. It's not like this is out of the ordinary
>>
>>381268121
They want the PC MMO audience
>>
>>381287483
Now they're changing the mechanics of PvP with the whole "you don't get to use your big gun until you find the ammo for it, and when you do, EVERYONE is going to know about it" gimmick.
>>
I thought it was pretty decent but I bought the whole collection for $40
>>
>>381287063
Destiny's TTK was always relatively high compared to its contemporaries. It was a nice middleground, don't get me wrong, but it was never fast. Nowhere near the glacier that is Overwatch. I'm still salty that Scouts, Handcannons and Sidearms all had EXTREMELY low internal firerate caps. I get that the world is full of shitters but c'mon, if I can mag dump with my trigger finger in under half of a second let me.
>>
I could upgrade from a GTX 970 to a 1080(Ti) and get Destiny 2 PC for free. Is that a worthwhile upgrade in itself?
>>
>>381271227
That.....that sounds like less of a game than Destiny 1 has become

What the fuck. Apparently they learned nothing from the original Destiny launch
>>
>>381287852
Do you have a 144Hz or 4k monitor? Also how much for the upgrade?
>>
>>381287483
It was a tough spot. On the one hand it was ridiculously rare for most people and as such was an uncommon sight until much later in the game's life. By rarity alone it SHOULD be good. On the other hand you want a semi-balanced game. As such you get a Mythoclast that doesb't let you wreck everyone's shit but also removes practically all reason to want one. Its the same as them kneecapping the Last Word but then FOR SOME REASON not just making the gun horrible unless you can place headshots reliably from the hip.
>>
>>381288095
I don't understand why they didn't just say fuck it, exotic perks don't apply to PvP
>>
>>381287624
>people got traumatized by the matador 64 this badly that this is the solution they come up with

I am sort of OK with that, but it is pretty retarded that shotguns and snipers are in the same category as rocket launchers. In an Elimination based game mode, why wouldn't I pick a rocket(especially if they keep tracking rockets, which I would bet money they do given the popularity of Gjally) for multiple EZ kills?

Oh wait, we have to have Energy Weapons now to deal with "everyone gets a roaming super"(the new way to make shitters feel powerful, I think) supers.

...and even that is a little weird. That system allows you to have a Scout to safely peck away at people off radar and then a Hand Cannon for when the fight gets closer. I guess these are primary fights which is progress, but it just seems like there's going to be highly optimal weapon combinations that both choke variety and make choice less important than it was in Destiny 1.
>>
>>381287974
Newegg shows a 1080Ti FE going for $700 USD that qualifies for the giveaway. The reviews from people talking about how they upgraded from a 980 or similar says the card literally doubled their performance.
>>
>>381288670
If you don't have a 4k monitor or a 144hz monitor it's unlikely you're actually going to notice much of a difference in most games
>>
>>381287687
That's my thing, I thought TTK was basically perfect in Destiny as is. You had enough time to turn on someone and win the gunfight if they didn't hit crits and you did, but it still rewarded you for getting the drop on someone. Felt really good.
>>
>>381288347
Where did the term "roaming supers" come from? Before the Destiny 2 reveal I never heard it now everyone constantly uses it.
>>
Destiny will never be a good PvP shooter simply because it relies so heavily on loot
>>
>>381288318
Probably breaks internally. Not only that but then guns like No Land Beyond, The Chaperone and a few others(especially armour) would be made useless. What they SHOULD have done was actually balance PvE and PvP properly, which they never did and likely never will. Previous MMOs have had similar issues with WoW being a common mention. Unlike Borderlands which simply had really fucking busted duels that no one gave any weight to Destiny had full blown matchmaking for it. Its just tough because you want weapons to and armour to be exciting and interesting and unique and you have this constant reminder of the PvP playerbase nagging you that whatever you do it will be too good or terrible. Nothing else. Ever.
>>
>>381288835
It's been around for quite a long time, since release I think even. I don't know, I played a lot of Destiny PVP and always kind of heard the term.

It basically just means a super that you activate and can move around with. Golden Gun, Hammer of Sol, Stormtrance, and Radiance are roaming supers.
>>
I hate the trend in modern shooters where you have to play it a shit ton just to have a fighting chance in PvP because everyone else will have better guns than you.

Destiny didn't start that pattern, but they sure as fuck didn't try to break away from it
>but anon, if you don't have unlocks or a loot system people will stop playing
Bullshit. There was no unlock or loot system in Halo 2's multiplayer and people kept playing that. Right up until they literally pulled the plug on the servers.
>>
>>381289280
Why can't Destiny have a traditional mode where everyone starts with the same pistol and you find weapons in the map as powerups?
>>
>>381288835
It was used to refer to supers that let you roam with them while they were active. Specifically Arcblade, Sunsinger and to a very small degree Golden Gun. As of Year 2 it became Sunhammer, Force Lightning. What this meant was less of a game changing ability that was high risk, high reward (or in the case of Defenders low risk, low reward) and simply high reward, low risk sibce almost all of them came with high damage reduction/greater HP, high mobility and obscene damage output. Compared to a Nova Bomb, which is basically the most "true" of them all that can net a lot of kills IF well placed and IF well timed, they allow for simply hitting the button on enemy sighting and then getting four kills as you saunter along.
>>
>>381268121
Implying halo was anything but above average space marine fps.....

I bought deatiny for 10 dollars and played 10 minutes...got to some hub thing and got bored ... reminded me that it was to have mmo elemenys and was like nah.... not going to spend more years of my life.
>>
fun game, raids were fun, but very limited world and content. sucks having to grind the exact same shit 50 times.
>>
>>381289437
I'd play the fuck out of that

>>381289454
I got Destiny less than a month ago and am about 90% through all the content. I'll be done with it in another month. Was worth the $40.
>>
>>381289280
That trend started because of the cancer of player metrics. They measure play time and think that more play time = better game. So they do things to increase people's play time such as adding grinding elements and meaningless ranks so autistics will spend forever playing. It's much easier to create grinding "content" like unlocks than it is to design a great game that people just want to play forever like Counterstrike.
>>
>>381289673
I think it's also to trick people into feeling like they have to keep playing.
>It'll get good once I get the high-level unlocks!
then, when it doesn't
>I can't quit now, I just put all that time into the game
and thus developers can pump out mediocre games rather than good games
>>
>>381289673
And to add onto my post you can tell this what designers are thinking because they're always talking on twitter about how many users log in every day, how many hours a player plays each day etc. So they add daily login rewards to keep the daily login numbers high and add daily grind missions to increase the time played daily numbers. These metrics have ruined modern videogame design.
>>
File: eyaslunaroll.jpg (425KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eyaslunaroll.jpg
425KB, 1280x720px
>>381289280
I mean, in fairness the vendors have always sold some pretty fucking stellar PVP weapons. It took a tremendous amount of RNG to get a Hand Cannon better than the vendor Palindrome they sold for the better part of the year. The Hakwsaw from the April update is still considered to be a top tier weapon.

I understand what you're saying for sure though. It is fundamentally unfair, but I sort of like it. This is my Eyesluna. I am sexually in love with this weapon in a way that may only be equaled by the Dark Souls 1 Claymore. Part of the appeal of that is that it is MY Eyesluna. It isn't even like the best one in the game or anything like that(fuck you if you have LitC) but it still means so much more to me that it's a gun that not everybody can get. I don't know, it is fundamentally unfair, but it's just not a feeling that any other shooter can give me.
>>
Have they made any great amount of money (Halo 3 tier) on Destiny?
I've never played it. It sounded fun, looked fun from the trailers, Bungie (along with R* but that went to shit) was one of my most trusted devs. But I hear it's just shit.
>>
>>381289930
I think it did pretty well but I'm not sure if it hit expectations (which were sky fucking high)
>>
I just can't stand their DLC model

It's greedy as shit. By the time they were done with D1 it was a pretty full-fledged game, but if you bought everything on release it would have cost you like $150 or something.
>>
>>381290197
Don't forget the microtransactions.

Also iirc it was approximately 180 bucks provided you didn't buy any microtransactions or limited edition
>>
holy shit if you fuckers even seen their reveal. it was fucking weird.
>one new reaid
>one new strike

that right there was a red flag i was hoping for 3 in game raids and shit tons of strikes, instead i get this hint they're going to pull the same shit with destiny 1
>>
>>381290381
And the real slap in the face is that right as they asked for the final payment from their dedicated fans, they released 100% of the content for $60 to newcomers

And you fucking know they're about to do it all again.
>>
>>381290426
>>one new strike
I assume that meant they were showing a new strike not that we get 1 new one and the old ones. The 1 raid thing is disappointing I heard rumors we were supposed to get 2.
>>
>>381288781
I suppose it's more a vote of confidence that I know I'll be able to handle anything that arrives within the next couple years.
>>
>>381290426
Wait......it's going to launch with ONE raid?

What the fuck?!?

I know it'll have more than one strike because PS4 is getting one exclusive strike for a year
>>
>>381290607
>Wait......it's going to launch with ONE raid?
D1 did the same shit.
>>
>>381290601
You honestly might be better off waiting a generation or so unless you have something that's going to use that horsepower now
>>
>>381290601
Futureproofing is never worth it. Buy a good price/performance ratio card now and then in a few years when you notice slowdowns buy another good price/performance ration card. It will cost less in total than one expensive card now and probably have better performance.
>>
>>381289013
Apparently, with Destiny 2, Bungie has only now figured out how to track analytics and is able to buff/nerf guns on an individual basis.
>>
File: file.png (407KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
407KB, 1920x1090px
>nightfall pass required
the fuck is this shit

If this is a fucking microtransaction I might lose my mind
>>
>>381290781
They've always known how to track analytics. The game is balanced around it, for better or worse. Usually worse, as it's a stupid approach that leads to them NERFING FUCKING EVERYTHING as opposed to bringing things up to level.

>oh we finally removed bloom making hand cannon shots rng and now we have 40% hand cannon usage, better kill the range so 95% of them have damage drop off before sidearms do

Shit like that infuriates me.

Individual gun balance is new though and hopefully will get around some of that.
>>
>>381268121
I'm actually excited for 2. Looks like an actual open world game this time. Also like I can still be an antisocial fuck and still raid.
>>
You know whats funny? The whole clan matchmaking thing they keep whoring out to help the community and such? Doesn't work on heroic content. So heroic raids and nightfalls you are back to scare 1 relying on LFG and such.
>>
>>381291087
>Also like I can still be an antisocial fuck and still raid
Kill yourself I lost the patience for selfish autists who cant speak on a mic and boot them the moment I see them. You are such a liability for your team get over your shit.
>>
>>381290426
It's obviously more than one strike on launch.
>>
>>381291126
this seems to confirm your assertion
>>381291029
>>
>>381291029
I HIGHLY doubt it. Maybe they're letting you run it for loot 10 times, even. That would be kinda sweet.
>>
>>381291225
I still have a mic and I'll use it accordingly. I'm not that big a faggot.
>>
>>381291237
>assertion
No it is confirmed.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-destiny-2s-heroic-activities-not-accessibl/1100-6450969/?comment_page=1
>>
>>381270939
If you're serious, kys
>>
>>381291358
So the new matchmaking is completely fucking worthless outside of maybe the first month of the game
>>
>>381291357
alright don't kys
>>
>>381271227
>It seriously feels like they're making the game for the people who didn't like the original

WELCOME FRIEND TO THE INDUSTRY CIRCA 2011
>>
>>381291452
The idea is promote clans and the raids. Like bungie said, of the people that leveled up and had the gear necessary to raid, about half of them actually did. Once you do one with a clan and they like you, the idea is that you can join them and later do the harder modes.
>>
>>381292258
Not a totally unfair approach. Taking complete randoms into HM content is always just a swell old time.
>>
>>381289454
That's because Destiny is shit and Halo, even 343i's Halo is leagues above it.
>>
>>381269435
The raids were retarded because throughout the entire game you play with randoms but nope fuck you gotta have a party of 6 fuckboi
>>
REMINDER

activation and microsoft are the reasons why bungie was driven into dev hell and corrupted, thus the direct reason why destiny sucked

please direct all hate and vilification their way, thank you
>>
>>381291358
>>381291452
I don't see this working much anyways. They check your gear, and then kick you out from guided games.
>>
why was company leadership so eager to break from microsoft, only to yoke themselves to the biggest jews in the industry?
>>
>>381279803
>They do seem to be really aware of the criticism
Almost feels at some point they have forgotten this and just assumed everything is fine because the playerbase still stuck with it because of the gameplay and loot feedback loop.

I feel D2 is just going to be almost the same as D1 only maybe a TTK-tier plot and TTK-tier writing (not that this is exactly a good thing, too much banter). Doesn't look like the engine or even the assets have changed that much and I'm not going to be shocked if all the limitations that were blamed on last gen are all still there.

Think a lot of Destiny fans have a strong idea in their head of what the original vision was supposed to be and this isn't going to deliver on it.
>>
>>381290749
That's the problem. The 1080Ti apparently IS a good price/performance ratio right now.
>>
>>381292818
I dunno. Sometimes I wonder what if they made a Destiny like game but used Halo lore and stayed with M$. Could have worked.
>>
>>381288781
who cares its good value, no need to be poor with PC builds.
>>
>>381292818
weirdest part is ditching MS for management hell then making their own management hell.

Makes you wonder if its just the management team who is fully retarded and incompetent
>>
>>381279482
You don't sound like you've played very much of either game
>>
>>381292818
Bungie makes no fucking sense.

>we are sick of this overbearing company forcing us to make one game over and over
>signs 10 year contract to make nothing but Destiny for activision.
>>
File: confused pepe.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
confused pepe.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
So do they ever explain what the giant white ball is?
>>
>>381292913
If you want it and won't put yourself in a poor financial position, do it. Just be aware that there's no such thing as futureproofing. I can say that my 980 Ti is holding up well though.

Just be aware that it's something you're going to throw away one day. I'm less into high end computer hardware myself these days. Looking to buy things I'll keep for 10+ years. Instead of upgrading my CPU which is getting a little old, I invested in some nice speakers, a solid wood desk, and a high end office chair. These are things I use every day when playing vidya, but I'm not going to throw away like I would a GPU. Super random tangent I guess, but it's just been a recent revelation for me and it feels like it's working out.
>>
>>381274847
There were still three vehicles at the time: Sparrows, Pikes and Interceptors. They all appear in Strikes and Crucible maps that come with the Vanilla game.
>>
>>381293505
In the fucking intro, yeah. It's supposed to be some sort of thing that destroys worlds. Only it never has any effect on the game because other aliens are trying to destroy the galaxy too so you go fight them and totally ignore it.
>>
>>381293505
>So do they ever explain what the giant white ball is?
Yes they literally explain albeit it in the grimoire cards.
>>
>>381293505
Kind of. It goes from system to system bestowing technological advancement and longer lifespans on civilizations then it fucks off when they get dependent on it. The Fallen are the last race it touched before us, look at how they turned out.
>>
>>381274839
What is Blizzard
>>
>>381268121
I'm hype as fuck for D2 though.
Upgrading my PC purely because of how much I want to play it.
>>
Game was fun as fuck for two weeks. Money's worth for sure, but I don't know how people spent literally thousands of hours in it. It was barren as fuck
>>
>>381293916
So it's... evil then?

Why don't the guardians destroy it?
>>
>>381291404
You first faggot.
>>
>>381293505
Alpha Lupi
>>
>>381294194
It's not really evil. It's like nuclear energy. You harness it for better things but be careful when using it.
>>
I was excited for D2 when they did the reveal and people posted videos of the PvP and the Strike, but the more I hear about it the less excited I am

>reeee it looks exactly like D1
Good, I like D1. However:

>All PvP is 4v4
>No Rumble at launch
>Still no matchmaking for Nightfalls
>Still only one raid on launch
>Still no dedicated servers
>Still 30fps on consoles
>Weapon types are fucked in PvE for PvP's sake
>Have to choose from two builds per subclass, can't mix and match abilities/perks any more
>INT/DIS/STR are gone

And on top of all that they won't show the sandbox stuff like Adventures, Lost Sectors, etc. The stuff that's actually going to set this game apart from D1, they won't show. Everything about D2 reeks of complacency, I hope that Anthem turns out to be a good Destiny clone because Bungie needs a good kick in the ass from a real competitor to force them to put some effort in.
>>
>>381294543
>And on top of all that they won't show the sandbox stuff like Adventures, Lost Sectors, etc.
I will be worried if the Beta is just everything we saw already and nothing new.
>>
>>381272427
What the actual Fuck are you smoking? Even Destiny's hardcore fan base bitches about it. Even fucking redditors bitch about it.
>>
>>381294794
I hear the beta will only be the first story mission, the new pvp mode, and the inverted spire strike.
>>
>>381294543
>I hope that Anthem turns out to be a good Destiny clone because Bungie needs a good kick in the ass from a real competitor to force them to put some effort in.
Very few things get the gears greased like some legitimate competition. I'm intrigued by Anthem.
>>
>>381294543
>Weapon types are fucked in PvE for PvP's sake
>INT/DIS/STR are gone
>PvP is 4v4
These are my biggest worries, I saw how they demolished PvE for PvP, and PvP being 4v4 sounds stupid when the fireteam size is 3.
And of course, no ways to lower your Cooldowns passively.
>>
>>381294950
At E3 they said there "might be some other surprises" in addition to those things, but every time Bungie says "might be" they mean "won't be, but wouldn't that be nice?"
>>
>>381295067
They could do what they did in Destiny's beta and let you do another activity for the last 2 hours.
>>
>>381295053
Uniform cooldowns is a good things for PVP. It's a fucking awful for PVE. Unique and fun builds are pretty much dead. So is the T12 chase.
>>
>>381294543
As someone who's heavily invested in (and thus critical of) Destiny, let me shill for a sec:
>>All PvP is 4v4
To focus on more balanced and competitive pvp, unlike what D1 has today
>>No Rumble at launch
Agreed, no rumble is shit, rumble is some of the greatest pvp Destiny has to offer
>>Still no matchmaking for Nightfalls
If matchmaking is optional, I agree, but if not, fuck matchmaking for any "endgame" activity
>>Still only one raid on launch
The fuck? You expect them to crank out more than one raid when they're pulling entire overhauls of current systems and making a new engine and new dev tools?
>>Still no dedicated servers
They're putting more of the game on server side of things, but yeah, full dedicated servers should be mandatory
>>Still 30fps on consoles
This is due to Pro/Scorpio hardware. GPU improvements mean 4k resolution may be possible, but CPUs being nearly the same means no improved framerate. The only compromise would be smaller maps with less enemies
>>Weapon types are fucked in PvE for PvP's sake
Agreed, Bungie need to split balancing pve and pvp, or they're sinking their own ship on both fronts
>>Have to choose from two builds per subclass, can't mix and match abilities/perks any more
Honestly, how often did you run shoulder charge without transfusion? Touch of flame without viking funeral? I don't like taking away player choices, but the builds seem to be taking synergistic perks and lumping them into one choice for balancing purposes (easier to balance a perk only used in the one loadout as opposed a perk used in many combinations). Still not good, but double edged sword and I see Bungie's position.
>>INT/DIS/STR are gone
Possibly. Could just be that alpha builds we've seen in gameplay reveals don't have them present. But if they get rid of int/dis/str (likely for pvp balancing) then yeah, buttmad is justified.
>>
>>381295312
Yeah, It's a good change for PvP, but PvE gets fucked up the ass by it, as per usual.
I really fucking wish Bungie would just disable certain things for PvP(Remove the stats for CDR, certain perks don't work/work differently) or balance them separately.
As someone who loves hand canons having them get deleted because of a specific few ones sucks.
>>
>>381272932
t. cucksole faggot.
>>
>>381268121
Companies aren't your friend.
They start shit, but finish them half-assed.
They got your money, and don't give a fuck.
>>
>>381295514
>Have to choose from two builds per subclass, can't mix and match abilities/perks any more
>Honestly, how often did you run shoulder charge without transfusion? Touch of flame without viking funeral? I don't like taking away player choices, but the builds seem to be taking synergistic perks and lumping them into one choice for balancing purposes (easier to balance a perk only used in the one loadout as opposed a perk used in many combinations). Still not good, but double edged sword and I see Bungie's position.

This is pretty reasonable. It's like not running fast twitch when you're using hungering blade on Blade dancer and what not, it also makes it easier to balance things since you'll only be able to match it with a few others, so they can balance 1 build without gutting a bunch of others.
Of course the lack of customization is an obvious downside it's not horrfyingly bad.
I do hope we get 3 trees instead of 2 per Sub later down the line though.
>>
>>381294543
>Being excited for a Bioware game
>2017

Look man, I'd love a good MMO shooter, but Bioware doesn't exactly have the best track record these last few years.
>>
>>381268121
I preorded 2
>>
>Honestly, how often did you run shoulder charge without transfusion? Touch of flame without viking funeral? I don't like taking away player choices, but the builds seem to be taking synergistic perks and lumping them into one choice for balancing purposes (easier to balance a perk only used in the one loadout as opposed a perk used in many combinations). Still not good, but double edged sword and I see Bungie's position.

While this is obviously true, it's still not a good thing. There should be MORE viable builds and talent synchronization, not less. I want more fun shit like Voidwalker energy drain builds and the ability to swap one thing around for specific situations if I need to.

It's just such a major step in the wrong direction and shows Bungie is taking the laziest approach to game balance they could. I understand how difficult it has been for them to balance the Crucible, but they're removing so much flavor from the game with the design decisions they're making.

I guess it comes down to what you really want out of the game. I was personally always fine with the balance problems because of the unique things Destiny brought to the table that other shooters did not. That's obviously not a trade off everyone liked though.

>Agreed, no rumble is shit, rumble is some of the greatest pvp Destiny has to offer

I have a 1700 rumble ELO. Bungie has pretty much murdered my life.
>>
File: hot.png (124KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hot.png
124KB, 400x400px
>>381295514

They did the same thing in pic related, and the result was anything but balanced. Each class only had one viable build. Two if they were lucky. Combining perks doesn't mean it's easier to balance, it merely makes the balance far more sensitive to change than before.
>>
File: 1490859910766.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490859910766.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>381296179
Could you not?
>>
>>381271995
I don't really care what you think anon
>>
>>381296253
I already did. I never played 1 though so I don't have any lingering resentments.
>>
>>381296179

>I'm a millenial
>>
>>381296317
Which is why you are everything wrong with this industry.
>>
>>381296179
what's the advantage of doing that
>>
>>381271028
I think most people know Bungie for Halo though.
>>
>>381295514
>Still only one raid on launch
I loved doing VoG three times a week every week when D1 was new but let's face it, once you get to the level where you can do VoG and the Nightfall that became the entire game. Later on when TTK came out VoG and CE were made irrelevant so we were back to having the game comprise of one raid and the Nightfall. I feel like this is an important thing they could have improved on in the sequel, giving us two relevant endgame activities instead of one.

Also, I'm just not happy about having to buy an expansion for every new raid again, especially considering that one of the last game's expansions didn't even have one.

>>381295967
I don't want to play it, I just want it to be good enough to scare Bungie into putting more effort into Destiny
>>
>>381296409
Preorder stuff and I'm going to buy it anyway. Its a game that I will buy and play regardless of reviews and popularity so I don't see a point in waiting.
>>
>>381296235
Anon please don't post anything related to that abomination.
>mfw I played GW1 from 2005-2010
>mfw GW2 spits on everything that GW1 did and accomplished

For that matter, did you play GW1? Because if you did, then you know in how many absurd ways the skills could have been combined, in ways the devs never predicted, to produce builds that were vastly overpowered. And the only solution to that was to nerf at least one of the skills involved, which invariably hurt some niche build used by someone else.
I can't comment on how things went in GW2 because I played it for a year after launch before the Stockholm Syndrome wore off and I realized how hollow the game was.
But what Bungie are trying to do with D2 is give versatile possible loadouts, while making balancing of individual perks easier and less likely to have collateral damage.
Like I said in my post above, it's a double edged sword, and I understand and do not envy Bungie's position here.

>inb4 I'm a shill
>inb4 you can't inb4 your own post
>>
>>381296397
Good, fuck video games we need another crash but in the mean time I'll be doing my part.
>>
>>381296570
>Later on when TTK came out VoG and CE were made irrelevant
One of the biggest mistakes Bungie ever made was not continually bringing past raids up to current level. They massively damaged their own end game. But that's not a comment on the raids themselves or the number of raids present, just how shitty foresight Bungie had.
>one of the last game's expansions didn't even have one
Yeah, PoE was pretty awful. Don't know what the fuck they were thinking there.

Honestly I'm not even disagreeing with your post. I just want Destiny to be the great franchise it's capable of being.
>>
>>381296381
>I'm a old piece of shit
Why don't you kill yourself already old man? You're not useful anymore.
>>
>>381296368
Cancel it and wait for reviews to come in around release.
Stop being a tool.
>>
>>381296680
>For that matter, did you play GW1? Because if you did, then you know in how many absurd ways the skills could have been combined, in ways the devs never predicted, to produce builds that were vastly overpowered. And the only solution to that was to nerf at least one of the skills involved, which invariably hurt some niche build used by someone else.

I did play GW1 and I think that crazy mixmash of OP builds was still more fun than the sterile environment of GW2. It helped that the developers actually responded to these imbalances quickly. Sure, a couple of niche builds got hurt, but the sheer variety available meant that the community could adapt fast to any balance changes. GW2 is the polar opposite. The developers don't change anything for months on end, their elite classes are still objectively better than base classes and they're perfectly content for every class to only have one viable build in PvP. PvE is just stacking berserker gear and clearing dungeons as fast as possible.

>But what Bungie are trying to do with D2 is give versatile possible loadouts, while making balancing of individual perks easier and less likely to have collateral damage.

Right before Heart of Thorns, they merged a ton of different synergistic perks together similar to what Bungie is proposing here. The argument was that it would be easier to balance, but in the end, those perks ended up being too strong and lead to the sterile build environment we have today.

I know you want to be optimistic for this change, but I'm just telling you that I've seen something similar before and the results weren't pretty. Bungie will need to be on the ball to make it actually work.
>>
>>381297217
see
>>381296607

I'm going to play it regardless of what people say. I just love this type of game.
>>
>>381297356
Fuck it, it's fine to pre-order in that scenario. I was as invested in the failure of the recent Souls games as I was their success.

I'm in the exact same situation for Destiny 2, even if the reviews are shit I want to play it
>>
>>381297684
I was really disappointed when Destiny 1 never came to PC. I was ready and willing to throw my money at them. It was really the only game I actually envied consolebros for. Its pretty much everything I want in a game. So long as they don't change 2 to much I will be playing it for hours every day.
>>
>>381297338
>It helped that the developers actually responded to these imbalances quickly.
That was without a doubt one of the greatest aspects of GW1's pvp. Watching flavor of the month builds rise and fall as players worked their way around new balance patches, and devs worked their way around shrewd, powerful builds.
>but in the end, those perks ended up being too strong and lead to the sterile build environment we have today.
What this sounds like to me is that ANet didn't give the other perks a reason to exist, a place to be optimal.
Which is where I'm hoping Bungie can pick up the slack and make something good.

But I do agree anon, narrowing the playing field does sterilize things, and it won't be easy for Bungie. In a year I suppose we'll see how it turned out.
>>
>>381292365
>you play with randoms
Maybe you did but I played strikes and crucible with my fucbois.
>>
>>381297356
Preordering is always a bad idea, because it weakens your position as a consumer. Companies that think they can get away with shoveling shit at you will do so in all cases, and nothing signals that you'll slurp that shit up like preordering. Make the companies sweat with low or no preorders and they're forced to put more effort into their game.

So really you're just hurting yourself, but considering the rest of your posts that seems par for the course.
>>
>>381298075
Dude shut up they might run out of bits and then he wouldn't get his copy
>>
>>381297861
It was a time Anon. Not always a great time as the content droughts were awful if you were heavily invested(Destiny 2 will be a success on some level no matter what if they avoid this), but I have never made as many solid bros or had as much fun playing games socially as I did with Destiny. The lows are bad, but the highs are pretty fucking high. Hope it goes well for you.
>>
>>381274839
Marathon (2 games)
>(2 games)
DIE
>>
>>381297209

Because my generation doesn't do that. You're the autistic shits that can't handle your life
>>
>>381299212
Were you born before 1979? Because Millennials can be up to that old.
>>
>>381269685
I'm amazed how hopeful people were once Bungie left Microsoft. Everyone thought "shit, they did that good working under those tyrants, I'm sure they'll blow our minds now that they're free!".

Activision's power is absolute. It crushed everything Bungie was and ever will be. And it did it very, very quickly.
>>
>>381299212
>>381299435
this is a distraction
>>
>>381296942
you have become part of the reason why the aaa industry is shit and you're unapologetic about it, just fuck right off you piece of human sewage
>>
>>381271227
This sounds so fucking bad I don't want to believe it. Source?
>>
>>381296942
The original crash came from people not buying games you mong.
>>
>>381299946
There's a whole lot of shit with a bunch of different sources and I'm on my phone now. Most of that stuff came from the IGN podcasts they did. I assure you, it's all true or true as we know it right now.
>>
>>381294543
I agree, i fucking loved Destiny, but i am really underwhelmed y what they have been showing so far.

They thing that bother me the most is why the fuck they left out rumble and only made pvp 4v4. Some of the better maps are the bigger ones, and even on 6v6 those are too large for that kind of gameplay

IMO it looks more like a fucking DLC than a new stand alone title
>>
>>381270839
I disagree. I feel like Destiny has better atmosphere than Halo ever did. They just chose weak ways to tell the story.
>>
>>381278024

are you illiterate? disabled perhaps?
>>
I'm still pissed about 2 things:
>claim it's a MMO
>full character reset on the new game
That's kind of bullshit. At least in WoW if you wanted to you could play the original stuff and it is all in one game. As they upgraded the engine they upgraded the old stuff. Now it's basically the FIFA of MMOs.

>still haven't fixed the retarded decision to make 99% of the content 3 person groups and raids 6 person
Make it all one or the other. It's dumb that you do a raid with people and then when you want to do the nightfall right after you have to tell 3 people to fuck off.
>>
>>381294898

yeah i think that guy is actually retarded. that post was the opposite of the truth
>>
>>381301164
>claim it's a MMO
Destiny has never been advertised as an MMO
>>
>>381301275
Bungie has played both sides. They've shied away from actually using the term MMO, and then they fill their marketing with typical MMO-spiel and talk all about how you can build can keep your character in the next game*

*and by keep your character all they mean is one of the very limited template sets that you had to create a character with because everything else is thrown straight out the window
>>
>Bungie creates Halo
>Holy trinity of Lore, Music, and Gameplay in spades
>"shit they'll never be able to do that again"
>Destiny
>Lightning strikes twice
>perfect balance of gamepl-
>musi-
>LOR-lolnevermind enjoy the grimoir

Destiny is fucking weird. You can see the foundation for something that should have been amazing, but it's like Bungie went out of their way to make it as unfun as possible. At its core, shooting is as satisfying and fun as you'd expect from the people behind Halo... but that's all it is. You shoot, then keep shooting, then keep shooting. Halo mixed it up with creative levels, vehicles, tricks, and enemy tactics. Where did all that go?

Then it up and decides to tell you an incredibly fascinating story...through their website. Through fucking trading cards on their website. Cards that you can't just read in game for some absurd reason.

The it's supposed to be this huge adventure but you're never exposed to maybe more than 16 players at a time and you've no way of communicating with them. Planets? Nah. Just instances capped to 4 players taking shots at the same enemies.

So fucking disappointing. Sparrow races are the only reason I still pop in from time to time.
>>
>>381269727
Having the ship serve as a personal hub, each with a unique interior, would have been beautiful. Doesn't even need to be some kind of floating castle. Just your dashboard displaying the same information as the menu with some personal bobbleheads, banners, or stickers based on alignments and accomplishments would have added loads of personality.

Bigger ships having a space for a trophy would have been much appreciated too though. Like a tooth or something from every boss that you can approach and read about.

Fuck I wish I loved this game
>>
>>381302230
It's weird how much time I spend on the early Halos, without any bullshit incentive to play. No leveling up, no unlocks, no random loot... just the game. Destiny has all the incentives, but the game just isn't as good. Enemies aren't as fun to fight, weapons aren't as interesting, and everything feels like a chore. The simply, straight forward fun of it all is lost.
>>
File: 1496287762540.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1496287762540.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>>381268960
>Have all this good lore and cool alien races
>literally tell the main writer to dumb his writing down and make him quit

ftfy
>>
>>381302230
Gameplay is fantastic. Is there a great story? No I'll give you that, but Destiny's gameplay is 10/10.
Music is hit and miss. Would probably be 100x better if we actually fucking got Music of the Spheres.
The lore is fine as grimoire cards. Reading the Book of Sorrows is fucking insane
>>
>>381302230
Don't forget that Destiny was meant to be Bungie's magnum opus.
>>
>>381303349
>but Destiny's gameplay is 10/10.
Sorry, but it's just "not as fun Halo".

I mean, unless Halo gameplay was 12/10, in which case, I guess the numbers work out.
>>
>>381303540
The worst part is that I can see it. I can see what was supposed to make this the motherfucker of all multiplayer shooters. Like the burnt out remains of an unfinished amusement park.

I want to know what exactly they were thinking with some of the stupid fucking shit they pulled. Like who was the asshat who thought it was a good idea not to incorporate a chat system or the ability to speak.
>>
>>381303549
Not that anon, but Halo and Destiny are totally different kinds of games. When Destiny's gameplay is at its height, which for me is during a raid encounter with a good group, it's a 10/10. I can also confirm that only redditors on the Autism Spectrum care about the lore.
>>
File: 1492779194036.png (115KB, 474x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492779194036.png
115KB, 474x200px
It will still be the #1 fall game with it's shit content. It fucking had more viewers than E3 on it's reveal. Don't underestimate Destiny drones, the fact they continued playing year 1 is proof
>>
>>381304131
Raids are basically the only time the game is great, but I hated having to deal with my buddy finding players to play with through a 3rd party site. Unless they have matchmaking now.
>>
>those comfy developer commentaries of halo1 and 2
>tfw we will never return to that time

BUNGIE is DEAD
>>
>>381304380
Destiny 2 will undoubtedly be one of the biggest games of 2017, like it or not. The question is how soon a game like Anthem can put pressure on it.
>>
>>381304623
>Anthem

I'm more shocked that people still give a shit about Bioware.
>>
>>381304936
They still have lots of goodwill to cash in on from KOTOR and Baldur's Gate and shit.
>>
>>381304380
this is true. I played for 2.5 years. I just recently stopped and awaiting Destiny 2. I even saved up vacation time to take like week off for this. Then i'll buy the PC version to play with my PCbros and have another vacation there.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.