[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARK SOULS III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: das3-banner.jpg (18KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
das3-banner.jpg
18KB, 460x215px
I'm replaying it atm. It's not a bad game - it just disappoints when compared to the standard that DaS1 set.

Problems:
>Very linear
>Awful weapon balance (not using a weapon with fast R1 is basically gimping yourself, whereas in DaS1 every weapon class was effective. So many weapons feel useless in this one)
>Shit invasions, too many penalties put upon invaders, especially considering you're fighting ganks almost all the time
>Very ugly and uninspired looking world; washed out colours and generally gross looking, many areas even look unfinished (exception: Irithyll is beautiful)
>Uninspired level design that's often a chore to get through, especially earlier parts. huge scale but they're often empty boring areas
>Your combat controls can be annoying. the input stacking is too much and you often kick when you don't want to
>The spammy roll mechanic has way too many i-frames
>Relies too much on DaS1 nostalgia instead of doing its own thing
>General uninspired feel that feels more like a product of contractual obligations rather than a work of love a la DeS, DaS1 and BB

Positives:
>Best difficulty curve in the entire series. Whereas the others tend to be most difficult at the beginning, DaS3 ramps up the difficulty nicely as you go on. I'd also argue it generally has the most challenging standard enemies in all the games
>Along with difficulty, the game itself gets better as you go along. The level design, game world and more thoughtful enemy placement keeps improving the further you get
>While weapon balance sucks and is such that you need fast R1 weapons if you don't want to gimp yourself, for fast weapons this is pretty much the best Souls combat game by far imo. I'd say its combat is better than Bloodborne's for standard enemies. BB is nice; faster, stylish, more aggressive and the weapons feel super satisfying, but DaSIII's combat is deeper than BB's.

It's a good game, just not as good as the others.

DaS > BB > DeS > DaSIII > DaSII
>>
>>381246854
Heavy weapons have a debilitating charged R2 and jump attack mixup that makes them viable. I hear this complaint frequently but I'm beginning to think it's just because you fucks can't be assed to try combat outside of R1 spam.
>>
>>381248395
at a high level you're not hitting anyone with a slow weapon who doesn't want to be hit
>>
>>381248741
You can bait into charge, then release as they're coming out of their roll to catch them between iframes. Stop being so predictable
>>
>>381249034
>You can bait

yeah idiots
>>
>>381248741
At a high level any time someone tries to attack you can swing through and do more damage. Plus you can just pack an offhand crossbow.
>>
>>381249252
usually you'll get stabbed and then hit a quickstep, even if you time your attack to land at the same time as theirs

maybe if there was 0 ping the PvP would be playable
>>
PvP is straight garbage and it's the only reason to play the game for more than 2 runs, I genuinely thought the game was amazing on release, replayed it with the dlc when TFF got released, wanted it to be over with before I even touched the mediocre DLCs.

Hopefully From will get their magic back now that they're not stuck making Souls games.
>>
>>381249442
the ringed city is really good though
>>
>>381246854
>DeS before DaS3

fucking nostalgic idiots.
>>
>>381248741
>>381249034
>>381249198
>>381249252
>>381249394
>PVP
PVP has always been and always will be absolute fucking garbage in souls games.
>>
>>381246854
>heavy weapons are bad
Thought the same until I tried Lothric UGS, that thing murders everything.
>>
>>381249394
>quickstep
>implying dagger
They can't even get close and quickstep is a big counter punish.
>>
>>381249660
das3 is probably "objectively" better on a polish/mechanics front but that doesn't a better game make necessarily
>>
>>381249665
This
>>381249660
Ds3=Des
>>
>>381249846
quickstep is fantastic if you can learn it

my main gripe with the PvP is you can't punish people who don't want to be hit and won't engage you
>>
File: 1494981243479.png (1MB, 1000x869px) Image search: [Google]
1494981243479.png
1MB, 1000x869px
>he spams bandit knife quickstep
>he plays pure mage with just crystal spear and crystal soulmass
>he heals during duels
>he unironically uses the dark sword
>>
>>381249976
I learned it just fine, at least half my first playthrough was using the Brigand Twindaggers. Hopping around everywhere is fine and dandy but doesn't bring you closer to victory and the moment you try anything you're outranged and outdamaged, and that's on top of the bonus damage if you mistime a step.
>>
File: purple pancake.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
purple pancake.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>381248741
>>
>>381252190
>retard runs right into a charging r2

????
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.