[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games people say are shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: a2878584477_10.jpg (202KB, 950x932px) Image search: [Google]
a2878584477_10.jpg
202KB, 950x932px
And you kind of know they're shit but you liked it anyway
>>
Fallout 4

I agree with most common criticisms, but its still good enough with what it does well.
>>
I keep playing Frictional games but I'm not sure why since I never enjoy them. Dark Descent and SOMA both have loud cult followings but the "gameplay" sucks and the stories aren't worth the slog. Honestly they'd probably be better off if they removed the horror pretense and just went full walking-simulator
>>
>>381248659
did you play the penumbra series?
imo way better than amnesia
>>
File: Dirgeofcerberususbox[1].jpg (50KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
Dirgeofcerberususbox[1].jpg
50KB, 250x352px
>>381246612

>kind of know

This game is unquestionably complete trash but I liked it anyway for the atmosphere, music and cool cutscenes.
>>
>>381248837
I have all three but haven't played them yet. I'll give it a try eventually but they seemed like more hiding-in-a-dark-room simulators
>>
File: 1474483634492.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1474483634492.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>381246612
probably my biggest vidya disappointment
>>
>>381248659
if you didnt find dark descent scary you must have some form of autism
>>
>>381249430
Scary for the first five minutes until you realize there's literally no penalty for getting caught except having to walk back from the last room you were in.
ooOOOoooOo~~
>>
>>381249324
Same here. Eternally mad.
>>
>>381246612
I enjoyed it. Finished it in around 3.5 hours though...
>>
>>381249546
>getting caught
I literally only died once, barely even saw an enemy
>>
>>381249696
What else can make it scary besides the monster skulking around? The setting is interesting but sterile, the 'madness' is more obnoxious than engaging, and the story is fine but far from frightening
>>
>>381246612
I liked the narrative, also good music. The ending was neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTQ3lZPOJ7Y
>>
>>381249864
its literally all about the sound design
>>
File: 15496_front.jpg (684KB, 1535x2173px) Image search: [Google]
15496_front.jpg
684KB, 1535x2173px
>>
>>381250445
I never played this, only the first, but I see this game get shit on a lot.

What was so bad about it?
>>
LISA: the Joyful.
It was a nice short game and I managed to play most of it without using Joy, which is why eventually I FELT it was impossible to beat without joy.
>>
>>381246612

not surprised. they censored a lot of shit.
>>
>>381250579
I haven't played the first so I can't say if it's worse than that though it's pretty much unanimously agreed

It's neither a particularly good RTS or citybuilder, a lot of the systems are sort of half-baked and it lacks some essential shit like freeplay mode. I absolutely love it though, still think it looks pretty great and it's very charming and, for lack of a better word, comfy.
>>
>>381250445

awesome game, dunno why anyone would think it was shit
>>
It's nostalgia alone, and I know full well all the problems this game has, but

Sonic '06
>>
>>381250672
I only ever see people speak positively of LISA, but I fucking hated it.

OFF is one of my favorite games ever, so I'm used to artsy RPG-Maker games, but Lisa just felt... Not good. I hated all of the characters. I hated the artstyle, I hated the music, the game just proved to be a really unfun experience.

I get that that's like, the point. Really. It's pretty obvious that game shitting on you and punishing your actions no matter what is the entire theme of the story, but it just didn't make for a good gameplay experience. I spent a lot of time putting thought into the choices I made, and the game just punishes you no matter what. Again, I get it - It's just not fun.

The humor also just wasn't there for me. I don't think it ever even made me smirk.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.