[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITS TIME TO SETTLE THIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: sa vs sa2.jpg (694KB, 2168x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sa vs sa2.jpg
694KB, 2168x1024px
ITS TIME TO SETTLE THIS
>>
They're both mostly shit with 1 or 2 good levels
>>
no competition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwz5ixVHxFE
>>
>>381242895
Adventure 2 always felt like a much more polished game to me, but I love them both. I only had the gamecube remakes though.
>>
>>381242895
Both are overrated garbage, where the speed levels are the only good part.
>>
File: Image78.jpg (7KB, 286x198px) Image search: [Google]
Image78.jpg
7KB, 286x198px
both trash, but 1 is less trash because at least it has an overworld and character selection
>>
>>381242895
SA1 because the shooting and treasure hunting shit is actually bearable. SA2 does the running levels better
>>
>>381242895 I have both SA1 and SA2 on Dreamcast. IMO SA2 is my fav out of the 2.
>>
File: 1457350571835.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1457350571835.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>381243590
>he thinks a fucking overworld is a good thing in FAST HEDGEHOG

I bet you liked the Big levels too
>>
>>381243128
i always felt the opposite. SA2 reuses so many assets across 'new' levels that they never actually feel unique. The SA2 levels are also VERY straightforward with you unable to move off a narrow straight line for the action/mech stages.

Just compare speed highway with radical highway. Compare lost world with pyramid cave. Compare final rush to final egg.

Also, sonic gets 7 action stages (still less than SA1) while shadow only gets 4.
>>
>>381243607
>SA2 does the running levels better

*adds in a million somersault obstacles in the speed stages for literally no reason other than to slow the gameplay down*

seriously, why the fuck is the somersault in the game?
>>
Sonic adventure 2 is a faker
>>
>>381242895
Do you have to ask? The only redeeming feature is cheesy music and chao gardens. Two wins, one is barely a game.
>>
File: ill make you eat those words.png (717KB, 720x1054px) Image search: [Google]
ill make you eat those words.png
717KB, 720x1054px
>>381244747
>>
>>381242895
The one with Shadow. Both if they both got Shadow.
>>
>>381242895

Sonic Adventure 2 is a masterpiece of cheese. Everything from the plot to the music to the dialogue sometimes getting cut off by other characters. Truly a one of a kind.
>>
>Running
SA1. Levels were generally more open and made me want to look around some.
>Treasure Hunting
SA2. Quality of the levels were just better since they were made uniquely for treasure hunting gameplay.
>Shooting
SA1. I dunno. I don't really enjoy this type of gameplay but I guess the timer aspect kept it interesting and I like Gamma's story.
>Chao Garden
SA2. Clear upgrade.

SA2 has a ton of other side content to keep you playing after you finish the story mode, so that's something to consider. SA1 has my preferred aesthetic with familiar level themes and enemies that made it feel more like Sonic. If SA1 had the polish that SA2 had, I could see myself playing it more.
>>
File: 6747698256.gif (3MB, 316x177px) Image search: [Google]
6747698256.gif
3MB, 316x177px
>Thought SA2 would improve on everything good about the first game
>It made more the them feel like a chore
>Only fun ones were the Speed Stages
>Digging stages were the worst

Its the only Sonic game where I dread most of the stages.
>>
>>381246706
I kept finding Emerald Shards before the radar went off. In Mad Space, I actually found two of them before the radar went off. If they just kept the same radar as in the first Adventure, then I would agree with this.
>>
>>381246948
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I always figured that happened due to some type of priority system where they intend for you find them in a specific order. I liked that feeling of just spotting one in the open though.
>>
>>381246779
digging stages were better in every single way in SA2 than SA.
>>
>>381246152
>to the dialogue sometimes getting cut off by other characters
I'll be honest, I thought that was intentional
Like with Sonic yelling he'll make him eat those words, I thought he was just being impatient and wanted to fight already
>>
BEFORE THIS IS OVER I WILL SHOW YOU THE TRUE POWER OF CHAOS CONTROL!
>>
>/v/ likes sa2 now

i mean i agree, but what happened?
>>
>>381247241
Technically, yes. But they took up most of the game.
>>
>>381242895
1 had a unique atmosphere that 2 didn't have. Everything in 1 felt so, I don't know, mysterious?
>>
>>381247407
SEGA paid off Arin and ProJared to hush up
>>
>>381242895
>Dumpster fire cringefest vs Functional cringefest
Gee I wonder
>>
SA2
The soundtrack is 11/10
>>
>>381242895
So...how did you know it wasn't the real one?
>>
>>381242895
SA2 was the best grinding on rails was a pretty neat idea. Also way less confusing than SA1, knowing where to go next was almost impossible. The chaos garden in 2 was also much better.
>>
>>381243969
I guess I enjoyed the ranking system in SA2 more since it gave me a reason to go back and replay levels.
>>
>>381242895
>Broken fucking mess with an okay soundtrack vs genuinely fun game with an amazing soundtrack and enough retarded bullshit to laugh at for literal decades.
Gee I fucking wonder.
>>
>>381248523
Holy shit, was I already here earlier?
>>
>Levels
SA2 (Speed levels for Sonic/Shadow were the most memorable)
>Hubworlds
SA1(Sa1 hubworlds were great and its a shame Sa2 dropped the ball)
>Characters
SA2(but I like Tikal too from SA1)
>Chao Garden
SA2(Hands down)
>Music
Tie (but "It doesn't matter"(SA1) >>>>>> "It doesn't matter"(SA2))
>>
I thought Adventure 2 was decent and I didn't mind the Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rouge stages either. But apparently I'm in the minority since all the Sonic fanbase seems to care about is going fast and fuck everything else because anything else is automatically garbage just for being a change of pace.
>>
>>381250851
I actually prefer SA1's soundtrack desu.
>>
>>381242971
I replayed Sonic Adventure recently and can agree with this.
>>
File: LyOGzk9b.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
LyOGzk9b.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>381243927
>he hates the overworld

I wonder who's behind this post.
>>
Sonic Heroes had a better level design than both. But Adventure 1 is a better game than Heroes and Adventure 2.
>>
>>381242895
CHAO BATTLES NIGGA
>>
>>381252114
I hate this faggot, you just oozes reddit from his skin
>>
I prefer SA2 for nostalgia (didn't play the first one until later) and the Chao garden.
>>
These games were the beginning of the end for Sonic.
>>
chao garden was literally the only good thing about both of them, prove me wrong right now motherfuckers, i dare you
>>
Adventure 1 had better Sonic levels just because of the sheer hilarity of the physics. The level design was also the logical translation of the 2D level design. Sonic Adventure 2 was way way way more polished but it formed the foundation for the worst trends of the modern series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_srH6JpOBUA
>>
>>381253557
Big levels were fun
>>
>>381253872
There is an alternate timeline where the Big levels became a sensation and he split off into his own series of comfy fishing games
>>
>>381253224
What's wrong with Johnny?
>>
Speaking strictly about the speed stages, they both have their own strengths. SA1 has more traditionally good level design, featuring more branching paths and hidden goodies to find. A little more variety in aesthetics and music too. A little more cerebral I think, having regular puzzles to pad out the high-octane action (Red Mountain, Lost World).

SA2 has much more arcadey, linear levels that don't have nearly as much exploration to them, at least not naturally. Repeat playthrough of stages in SA2 pays off more, since abilities you get later in the game can be reused in the earlier levels to find hidden stuff as well, including a few actual alternate paths. Aside from that though, I think SA2 really feeds more into the high-action feel. The ranking system in particular changes the way you fundamentally approach stages. Sure, you can finish a level in SA2 with relatively little difficulty, but if you want that A Rank, you gotta look stylish while doing so. City Escape has the trick ramps, Pyramid Cave has the mid-air hoops, Final Rush has rail tricks, but my favorite case has to be Metal Harbor. Sure, you can grab onto the missile and escape with time to spare and look cool, but if you're REALLY a baller, you can skip the first hangar and race up to an EVEN HIGHER rung of the missile, not because the game require you to, but JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN. It's like if Super Mario 64 actually rewarded the player for the crazy speedrun strats the community built for it within the game itself. That's baller. I love SA2.
>>
>>381242895
SA1 is better.

>more free-flowing and open levels for the speed types, and they don't get issues with trying to control them because some bright fag decided to map a million actions to one button
>mech shooter doesn't handle like a rock with cement shoes
>no retarded as fuck gimped radar making the treasure hunting stages unfun slogs
>much better soundtrack thanks to how varied it is
>much better story, fits the tone of previous games, expands on the setting, and doesn't have plot holes to the point of having more holes than plot
>is actually 13 games thanks to the GG games included
>>
>>381242895
1. The Adventure games are liked primarily for the Sonic (or Shadow) stages and SA1 had better ones. SA2's stages got too linear and booster heavy. There was nothing like Lost World in SA2.
Playing as Tails and Knuckles were still enjoyable in 1, Amy and E were mediocre, and only Big's levels were bad. In Adventure 2 Tails and Eggman were boring due to the levels going on for too long, and the Knuckles/Rouge stages were atrocious.

Also Perfect Chaos > Space turtle
>>
>>381254642
His reviews lack depth, he goes on random tangents without reason and 90% of his reviews are just an entire synopsis of the game with no rhyme or reason interspersed with observations that are completely obvious to anyone to even the least attentive player. He makes Agitated Alejandro look like a philosopher in comparison and that's saying something.
>>
>>381246706
>Treasure Hunting
>SA2
good one
>>
BUT YOU CAN HARDLY SWALLOW
>>
Adventure 2 is clearly the better game.
>>
>>381255210
>and the Knuckles/Rouge stages were atrocious
>didnt like aquatic mine, mad space, meteor herd, death chamber or security hall
Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>381253838
i still dont even know what the pausing does when speedrunners use it
>>
>>381255965
Except for the music, those are all shit.

LET'S TAKE A DIVE
>>
>>381256075
>those are all shit
Nope I'm not singing with you
>>
>>381255640
I agree with him. People get triggered over 1 emerald at a time, but the movement was so good in SA2 (hell, knucks/rouge can run even faster than sonic).
>>
>>381255965
Nobody likes those stages. The areas were far too large, the radar had barely any range, and everything looked the same so it was easy to lose your bearings. They were garbage.
>>
>>381255096
>is actually 13 games thanks to the GG games included

to be fair those GG games are extremely shitty and all-around inferior games to the genesis or saturn versions of the games. although tails' adventure was cool.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3rbzlh3JHc
>>
>>381256174
That's cause they made better, open levels, and then proceed to discourage you from actually exploring them. Just keep it the same as before and it would have been all good.
>>
>>381256327
>areas were too large
I liked this. Exploring these stages was fun
>and everything looked the same so it was easy to lose your bearings
Maybe in death chamber but the others? No way
>>
>>381256164
Fine, bitch. I'll just get someone else. The levels are still bad, by the way. Mad Space and Meteor Herd are way too big for their own good, Death Chamber is basic as heck and boring, Security Hall is frustrating even when you understand the stupid and not intuitive gimmick, and Aquatic Mine has a useless gimmick that you'll never interact with besides lowering it to the bottom to get the collar upgrade and is otherwise too basic.

IN AQUATIC MINE
>>
SA1fags is there a moment that is as pure kino as this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdrLC3nqhw
>Yfw "BEFORE THIS IS OVER I'LL SHOW YOU THE TRUE POWER OF CHAOS CONTROL"
>>
It's simple. All of SA1's level design and development was put into 12 levels that the characters all share, sonic clearly having the superior versions. Branching paths, fun puzzles, great setpieces, and unique assets.

SA2 had like 35 levels (counting all of the Cannon's Core levels) and had a lot more copy/pasting done between them. because of this. Every level besides the treasure hunting ones are a straight, narrow line. Next to no puzzles, but there sure are a lot of pointless roadblocks like the somersault walls. No real setpieces to speak of; you only really have the metal harbor missile launch, city escape truck, and... that's it.

I will say this: when SA2 speed stages are at it's best, it is better than SA1. Crazy Gadget and Final Rush are excellent. Everything else is too full of somersault pads, springs, or boost pads.

The treasure hunting stages are clearly way better than SA1.

The mech stages are in some ways better by trying to not make it so easy that you just run nonstop and keep mashing the B button like you did with gamma. The levels are also longer and more full of content. It could go either way.
>>
>>381256763
>comic sans for all of the scene intros in SA2

christ, was this deliberately added for the 'cheese' factor or did SEGA actually like this font?
>>
>>381257449
>The treasure hunting stages are clearly way better than SA1.
bait
>>
>>381257890
>actual levels designed for treasure hunting

Nope.
>>
>>381255965
>mad space and security hall
>good
I'll give you the rest though. Treasure hunting stages get unfairly hated considering how fun it is just to move around with knuckles and rouge.

>>381242895
SA1, the only characters that I dread to play are Big and Robot guy, while in SA2 I hate al the tails stages and some knuckles and rouge stages. Am I the only one that likes Eggman's levels but not tails? I felt that most of the good mech stages were given to eggman.
>>
>>381258572
>actual treasure hunting was made shit for no reason

Yup.

>>381259048
>Am I the only one that likes Eggman's levels but not tails?
No. It makes sense, since Tails wasn't meant to be in SA2 originally, so they had to slap together stages for him as quickly as possible and they ended up bad.
>>
>>381259390
>treasure hunting was made fun and given as much attention to the mechanics, physics, and movesets that the speed stages had

Yup.
>>
File: 1484181744194.png (60KB, 260x126px) Image search: [Google]
1484181744194.png
60KB, 260x126px
>>381259661
>treasure hunting was made fun
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>381255604
Okay George :)
>>
>>381242895
>>
Settle what? Adventure 2 is easily the better game.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.