[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mario demonically possessing people in Super Mario Odyssey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: minus8.jpg (95KB, 540x563px) Image search: [Google]
minus8.jpg
95KB, 540x563px
https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/super-mario-odyssey-memes-demoic-possession/

>The hype for the new Mario gameSuper Mario Odysseyis spreading like wildfire, and with it come a slew of new memes that takea somewhat dark spin on the game’s core mechanic—the capture feature.

>

People have speculated aboutthe morality of Mario imposing his will ontosentient beings, by forcing his consciousness into their minds and controlling their bodies for his own ends. I mean, when you say it like, that it sounds an awful lot like demonic possession.

>Not only are people questioning the potentially unethical practice ofhijacking someone’s body and mind, but also the lasting effects that jumping from body to body might have on Mario’s psyche. For instance, when Mario overtakes non-hominin game entitieslike frogs or bullets, how does he handle suddenly becomingmetal tube of flying death?

Damn... what do you guys think?
>>
>>381238951
These people need to stop looking too deep into things.
Also, based on what footage I've seen, you can only control one person in New Donk City (the guy playing with the remote control car)
>>
>>381238951
_ ____ __ ____ ____ _____
>>
>>381238951
I think that I want to fuck that paratroopa
>>
https://youtu.be/gAjDG-WQuJc?t=24s
>So in this new Mario game Mario can possess stuff, so he's a Goomba. And notice he has blue eyes and then this one doesn't. That's sort of thoroughly creepy to me.
>>
>>381238951
>sperging out over a video game for children
>>
>>381238951
Did a christian fundamentalist write this shit?
>>
>>381238951
What a progressive world we live in.

Nintendo can fuck right off with that Satanism shit.
>>
>>381238951
>dailydot
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>381238951
I think -8's Koopa girls are cute but they can't compare to his goomba girls.
>>
>>381238951
You think that is bad?

Kirby is a succubus now.
>>
>minus8

*unzips dick*
>>
>>381239850
No, meme-spouting "theory" assholes wanting pageviews did.
>>
Whats with the lack of ahegao in -8 new stuff? You roped me in with it, dont cut me off now
>>
File: 1436484885925.jpg (39KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1436484885925.jpg
39KB, 500x517px
The one, true one-up girl.
>>
>>381241024
>Whats with the lack of ahegao in -8 new stuff?

After since minus8 admited being a pedo on tumblr, his updates have been super slow
>>
>>381238951
Say it with me

Videogames are built to explore concepts. They are meant to go about the objective-to-goal/means-to-ends format.

They are not meant to impose morals.
They are not meant to be socially responsible.
They are not meant to be thinkpieces.
They are fucking games. How they are envisioned doesn't set the rule for everyone. Stop overthinking the logistics of a fucking gimmick, especially when he had his start killing Gorillas, Turtles and Crabs for women and gold.
>>
>>381241304
>>381241024
you can get his recent stuff at this archival tumblr
https://m8aa.tumblr.com

i love his stuff, but i really hate how the dude acts all the time
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.