[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RTS games with least APM, bigger screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: wall2-1920x1200.jpg (428KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wall2-1920x1200.jpg
428KB, 1920x1200px
I am returning to this genre after 10-15 years of absence. Now I see the flaws of those games, that I didn't see when I was a teenager.

I do not like the fact that I have to click the same things, to have the same result after 30 minutes of gameplay. Those things could have been automated with proper game design. Also, I don't see much of the world on the screen, I have to constantly move cursor around to scroll , It feels like I see through some kind of magnifying glass. I don't even see what is happening 5 meters away from the units.

Things that should be automated: workers collecting resources, scouting, research queue, not paying for units in advance.

The only way for me to enjoy picrel was to play protoss, because they need to click the least.(less units, easier building, less clicks to manage base) Still, it's a huge dissapointment and total destruction of nostalgia.

Could someone recommend some RTS that are different from this given "clicking at the speed of light archetype"? I have tried to return to Age of empires, or Command and Conquer, and it feels more or less the same( at least in AOE bigger screen/farms automation)
>>
Posting to let you know I just unsubscribed from your blog.
>>
Kohan, Majesty
>>
>>381231585
Ground Control 2
>>
I think you're looking for a game like Dota, friend. Your soldiers are autonatically queued to spawn and they get sent to the enemy base when they spawn. Seems right up your alley.
>>
Empire Earth.
>>
Is this bait, senpai? You gotta warm people cause /v/ is pure and naive, and might bite
>>
Cossacks, you might need to setup the resource gathering but it's pretty much auto after that and units can be made as infinite queue so they keep producing as long as you have the resources. Combat is massive and generally slower aside from some of the fastest horsemen.
>>
>>381231585
Just play a game without base building, like Wargame or World in Conflict.
>>
>>381233336
Where do you think is the bait? My complaint about close to action camera is legit, as well as need for workers to be send to resources one by one.
>>381232265
>>381232664
>>381233683
>>381233143
>Kohan, Majesty, Ground Control 2, Empire Earth, Cossacks
Any of those having some kind of user base I can play with? Also, Cossacks kind of looks like low budget game.
>>
>>381233042
You are missing the point of my post. But I understand that some obligatory joke posts are in order, when one does show his mettle.
>>
I recommend you check out Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. You can still find people to play multiplayer with at Forged Alliance Forever
>>
>>381231585
Supreme Commander
aka this >>381237215
>>
>>381237215
>not a microfest in multiplayer
he asked for low APM
>>
>>381238197
every rts devolves into microfest when you play online, you just need to find someone of your level
>>
>>381239025
How about Endless Legend?
>>
>>381234801
>low budget game
its an rts man, how are they supposed to have a high budget
>>
>>381239257
...it's TBS.
>>
>>381239284
>its an rts man, how are they supposed to have a high budget
I know, but still, they look like paper cut silhoetess fighting over mud twisted in vomit. At least make it decent a bit.
>>
File: 1497982121215.png (182KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497982121215.png
182KB, 1280x1024px
>>381231585
Ok guys, I thought this through and I don't care about micro and APM. I just want to see a lot of units at once: see picrel. I wish starcraft 1 and 2 were like this.
>>
>>381240065
openra is the shit
>>
>>381231585
Rise of Nations does a bunch of automated stuff. Workers once set to a gathering building will work forever, you can set units to automatically scout, not sure about the research queue and not paying for units in advance bit, though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.