[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will we stop getting remakes and get real new fresh ideas again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: learn.png (887KB, 1726x1208px) Image search: [Google]
learn.png
887KB, 1726x1208px
When will we stop getting remakes and get real new fresh ideas again?
>>
when people stop asking for/buying remakes, vote with your wallet.
>>
We get new games all the time though.
>>
File: remasters.png (441KB, 468x380px) Image search: [Google]
remasters.png
441KB, 468x380px
>>381229431
Am I seriously the only one who actually likes remasters? Sure I owned the originals, but tis more convinient to have them on the newer platform and all together. I wish PS4 was doing more of tem personally. So far its only been Bioshock and Uncharted.
>>
Are you literally saying that Odin Sphere remake is somehow bad? It made the game thrice better,
>>
>>381231710
Nothing says its bad, just points out that its a remake.
>>
> prey in the last category

fuck you
>>
Two games in that first tier are sequels
>>
>>381231754
OP is clearly insinuating that remakes are inherently bad
>>
>>381231908
I thought you were talking about the chart. The chart shows the level of good to bad, Remakes are good, Reboots are bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (275KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 960x960px
>Prey 2006
>6.5 linear corridor shooter with a portal and walking on the ceiling gimmick

>Prey 2017
>Simulation Sim with a huge open and explorable space station, fun gadgets and abilities, more genuine survival horror than RE7, an RE3 like boss enemy that hunts you, good graphics, over 25 hours long, and many neat and well executed ideas

I take the remake f4m
>>
>>381229431
There are new games coming out all the time, but people are much more comfortable playing games they know and love. New franchises are a much tougher sell. That's why the market is over saturated with sequels and remasters.
>>
>>381232450
Too bad Prey 2017 was a backtracking nightmare and fetchquest galore to actually be fun.
>>
>>381229431
>Prey in wall of text tier
eat shit and die
>>
>different franchises for each category
why

Also both MGS and OOT in the first category are sequels
>>
>>381229431
>Game come out column has two out of three sequels
how does it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>381229431
>Thinking the original Prey was better than Prey 2017
OP is retarded, disregard this whole thread
>>
>>381229431
Oy vey, that doesn't sound very profitable
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.