[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapon Durability is 100% fine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: BotW_Weapon-Durability.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BotW_Weapon-Durability.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
If you didn't enjoy weapon durability in Breath of the Wild, you're a stubborn autist who's unwilling to be guided by obvious game design choices.

BotW gives you so many weapons, you shouldn't EVER feel hesitant to spend one. The common argument of being encouraged to skip combat rather than waste weapons is fundamentally retarded.
>>
I disagree. Weapon breaking is terrible in every game, and throwing terrible weapons at you isn't a good trade off. Sorry if your autism won't accept differing opinions.
>>
>>381229603
They don't throw terrible weapons at you.

It's fucking piss easy to remain almost permanently geared with Royal weapons almost right from the start of the game and the enemy scaling systems ensure each camp has one or two worthwhile weapons in it.

Don't you dare spew some horseshit about how those weapons aren't actually good or whatever the fuck, because you only look like the biggest idiot on the planet when you try to minmax a fucking Zelda game.
>>
>>381229034
Never played botw yet, I'm fine with weapons breaking but isn't the complaint that they break in like two hits?
Also does the Master sword break? Is there something better than the master sword like the big Goron?
>>
File: autistic screeching.jpg (189KB, 946x725px) Image search: [Google]
autistic screeching.jpg
189KB, 946x725px
>>381229034
>if you don't agree with me, you're stupid!
Here, I have a perfect game for you.
>>
There is literally nothing fun about breaking a weapon and having to change. Therefore its bad. It's just tedious really.
>>
>>381230390
>isn't the complaint that they break in like two hits?
Yeah, the shoddily made bokoblin clubs you find from the shittiest enemies in the game break quite quickly. But the better stuff lasts quite awhile.

I think people make the mistake of button mashing and wasting durability by hammering against guarding enemies.

>Also does the Master sword break?
Yes but it comes back after awhile and gets better damage/durability while facing Ganon's Blights or machines he has possessed. Also the DLC is going to have a quest to empower it further so it's in special "Anti-Ganon Mode" at all times a possibly even unbreakable.

>Biggoron
Is literally in the game. As an Amiibo thingy.
>>
>>381229862
>It's fucking piss easy to remain almost permanently geared with Royal weapons almost right from the start of the game

Then why have a durability system at all then? All it does at that point is break up the combat with pointless weapon switching after every enemy you kill.
>>
File: 1462170559316.jpg (60KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1462170559316.jpg
60KB, 500x590px
>>381229034
Casuals always complain about Weapons which break fast, same shit happened with Dark Souls 2 during its Prime.
>>
>>381230921
>Then why have a durability system at all then?
To make sure players don't just google the strongest sword in the game and where to find it and completely ruin every shred of the game's challenge progression forever.

As it stands now, you can get strong tools and use them to face threats that are a little too "advanced" for you if you want, but it doesn't shatter the progression and reward loop because they go away eventually.
>>
>>381229034
Weapon durability is fine as long as it is handled like Oblivion or something and there are options to repair your items.
However I still think anybody who is playing Zelda past 13 years old is a massive man child.
>>
>>381230941
Yeah but we've been seeing a shocking amount of "hardcore" players saying dumb shit about the durability too.
>>
>>381231129
And someone playing Oblivion isn't? You're both men in tights collecting swords trying to save the world.
>>
File: 1473725348627.jpg (69KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1473725348627.jpg
69KB, 500x652px
>>381231129
>He thinks certain toys are more mature than other toys
The only one who needs to grow up is you. You play with toys. Being pretentious about it is beyond retarded.
>>
File: 1459188611829.jpg (36KB, 660x477px) Image search: [Google]
1459188611829.jpg
36KB, 660x477px
>>381231203
someone who ironed himself "hardcore" on his buttcheek isn't always right, friend.
>>
>>381229603
Dead Rising had weapon durability and everyone loved it. What gives?
>>
>>381230941
But dark souls 2 weapon durability was fucked. Your weapon would take damage every frame it passed an enemy / corpse, so on higher framerates you could have your weapon break in 1 swing if you were fighting a horde.
>>
File: 1490937411635.jpg (329KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490937411635.jpg
329KB, 800x800px
>>381232162
That's fucking hilarious, never noticed that. I enjoyed dark souls 3's durability system.
>Nothing ever fucking broke, ever.
>>
>>381232162
at least it actually made people use repair powder and forced sorcerers to use the repair spell while durability was just a joke in the first and third game.
>>
>The common argument of being encouraged to skip combat rather than waste weapons is fundamentally retarded.
It's that, but also you realize quick that taking out camps and whatnot isn't really worth your time.

>Here's 3 apples in a box and 5 arrows.

also since it's a BotW thread. Where did Maracas guy go after you meet him the 2nd time? It's been so long since I played I forgot where he went and I want more space.
>>
>>381232070
triple book chainsaw and max level frank is an unarmed god
>>
>>381232712
>It's that, but also you realize quick that taking out camps and whatnot isn't really worth your time.
Killing enemies for loot and fun isn't worth your time

Then play a different game.

>Hestu's second location
He hangs out nearby various Stables that are along the river downhill from the first spot.
>>
Durability in BotW was good in the early stages of the game and shit in the later stages. It added actual tension and strategy in the first few hours and finding the occasionally weapon that was exceptionally powerful felt satisfying. At the mid/endgame it might as well not even exist because you're constantly carrying around 10+ royal broadswords and just becomes pointless tedium.

All they would've had to do to fix this is make the champion weapons you get from beating each divine beast unbreakable, or at least work on a charge like the Master Sword. That way you've got an organic switch from scavenging breakable weapons to unlocking permanent ones that kills the tedium but still takes some time and effort to reach.
>>
>>381229034
So is BOTW like the Dead Rising sequel I was waiting for after DR2?
>>
>>381233058
But remaking the champion weapons is super easy. I do it every blood moon. I mean shit, the fucking Great Eagle Bow NPC literally lives right next to the kind of bow you need to give him to make a new Great Eagle.
>>
>>381232843
Oh please, like you ran around doing Bokoblin camps forever.

>He hangs out nearby various Stables that are along the river downhill from the first spot.
Nah, the 3rd location. He fucked off from the stables back whenever that was.
>>
>>381233314
Should be at the Korok village now, I think.
>>
>>381233314
>He fucked off from the stables back whenever that was.
So now he's gone back home to the Lost Woods.
>Oh please, like you ran around doing Bokoblin camps forever.
I did. They're always fun and experimenting with combat and various environmental interactions and whatnot was a constant source of fun.

What? You never dressed up like a Bokoblin and then lured a horde of Bokos towards a pile of fresh food that you placed near a devious stasis trap or some piles of elemental chu jelly?
>>
>>381229034
The problem with durability was that the early stages weapons broke constantly, forcing many to use the environment and runes, people then got good at dealing with fights that way, forgoing the need for weapons for most enemies which then pile up and usually only get used in boss fights.
>>
>>381233554
>So now he's gone back home to the Lost Woods.
Cool, thanks for the info. I was there some time earlier and talked to Mr Deku Tree but I didn't run across Hestu.

and I'm gonna have to experiment more with the enemy AI it seems.
>>
>>381234386
Good luck anon. I hope you manage to find more enjoyment from the game.
>>
>>381232070
Dead Rising let me get near unbreakable mini-chainsaws, so that shit didn't bother me as much.
>>
>>381233208
No. It's nothing at all like Dead Rising. Dead Rising actually had shit to do in it.
>>
File: git.jpg (203KB, 1271x727px) Image search: [Google]
git.jpg
203KB, 1271x727px
Nioh had it one of their betas and had the good sense to remove it. Weapon breaking is absolutely anti-fun. If the only motivation you have to explore is that your weapon is breaking? You have a bad game on your hands.
>>
>>381231097
>To make sure players don't just google the strongest sword in the game and where to find it and completely ruin every shred of the game's challenge progression forever.
Who the fuck honestly cares if somebody does that? One guy doing something you don't like isn't suddenly going to ruin the game for you. Fuck, I hate that logic.
>>
Weapon durability helps stimulate in game economy and adds a bit of management/choices. But it's often utilized poorly and implemented as busy work. Example of poor use are: Diablo 3 and WoW, both which have it for the sake of eating your money.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.