[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >You still don't own a Wii U and Switch >Explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_20170619_181001.jpg (2MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170619_181001.jpg
2MB, 1564x1564px
>2017
>You still don't own a Wii U and Switch
>Explain
>>
File: Deep inhale.jpg (63KB, 435x512px) Image search: [Google]
Deep inhale.jpg
63KB, 435x512px
>>381227827
>Shows Wii Fit U but no Tokyo Mirage Session #FE
>>
Theres far too much colour in that image.

No blood. Not enough violence. Not enough cinematic storytelling.

Please go away.
>>
Wii U will be the last Nintendo system I ever buy. Its such a piece of shit and now its losing the few exclusives it did have.
>>
>and
>>
>>381227827
No games

Now fuck off nintenshill
>>
>>381229052
>posts games
>no games
>>
>>381227827
Why would I buy a Switch if I own a WiiU?

Sell it to me shill-kun.
>>
>>381227827
why would you own both when all the wii u games are getting ported to switch
not to mention you can emulate wii u on pc
>>
>>381227827
>tfw still no Fatal Frame 5 announcement for Switch
>>
>>381227827
Wii u is dead and i don't like playing kiddie games.
>>
File: 1264999326989.gif (274KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1264999326989.gif
274KB, 550x400px
>>381227827
Smash is fun, still prefer the older games when playing with a group of friends. Mariokart is long dead to me. BotW isn't worth owning a switch for. Bayonetta is a good game on a bad system. Splatoon really is a shitty game that I think you'd only buy if you were brainwashed into exclusively playing games on nintendo consoles. Pokken tournament is an awful concept that should have just been an extra game mode in Smash. Arms is fucking stupid, MK8 deluxe isn't even a new game, the entire Warriors series is meh at best.

Also
>No monster Hunter on Switch
Hoping for a new handheld soon, I'm tired of 3DS.
>>
File: Switchgames.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
Switchgames.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Why would I need a Wii U if I have a Switch?
>>
>>381230718
Because Xenoblade X and The Wonderful 101 aren't getting ported, and Wii U has the definitive versions of Yoshi's Woolly World and Hyrule Warriors.
>>
I have a Wii U and 3DS, so why would I want a Switch this early?
>>
>>381227827
I stay a few gens back, i play mostly ps3 and gamecube these days. Its more fun that way since i dont like faggot tryhard serious gamers
>>
>>381230718
>drawing an X through treasure tracker and mario 3d world
Holy shit anon
>>
>>381231106
Its also hilarious that he thinks a Smash 4 port is guaranteed even though they said nothing about it at E3.
>>
The Wii U has been gathering dust since ever, and I'm currently waiting for my Switch to be delivered
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
>>381227827
What are the best games for Wii U?

Right now I only have Breath of the Wild and a couple of Mario games. I was thinking of picking up Taiko no Tatsujin, what else should I get while I'm at it?
>>
File: U games.png (2MB, 3000x816px) Image search: [Google]
U games.png
2MB, 3000x816px
>>381231980
>What are the best games for Wii U?
Anything but Smash 4. This game is garbage.
>>
>>381230718
>W101
I fucking wish
>>
>>381231980
You should just pirate them.
Btw, Taiko no Tatsujin is JP only, so you'll need a homebrew Wii U to bypass the region lock.
The best ones:
>Wonderful 101
>Bayonetta 2
>Smash 4
>DK Tropical Freeze
>Yoshi's Woolly World
>Hyrule Warriors
>TPHD and WWHD
>Pokken
>Kirby Rainbow Curse
>Super Mario 3D World
>Mario Maker
>Xenoblade X
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (with uncensor patch)
Don't listen to >>381232072 this guy. Paper Mario Color Splash and Star Fox Zero are pure fucking shit. And Smash 4 is actually good.
>>
>>381231980
If you enjoy Zelda games and/or want something totally mindless Hyrule Warriors is super nice. Don't bother with it if you have a tendency to get bored quickly though.
>>
>>381232262
I forgot to add Pikmin 3 to my list
>>
>>381230410
>all
>only two
>>
>>381232262
>Btw, Taiko no Tatsujin is JP only, so you'll need a homebrew Wii U to bypass the region lock.
Yeah, it's a hassle. Japs sure love to regionlock their best franchises.
Have you played Taiko on a wii setup? I haven't gotten any consistent feedback on the quality of the drum controllers, and I only have experience with the arcade version.

>>381232456
How does it rank up to pikmin 1 and 2?
Pikmin 3 and Wooly Yoshi are the ones I'm genuinely considering buying out of the ones listed in this thread.
>>
I own a Switch, but its hardly a must buy. For me personally Zelda is a bit of a dud and if you own a Wii U there's obviously no point.
>>
>>381233031
IMO Pikmin 3 is better than 2 but not quite as good as 1. Visuals are beautiful though.
I haven't played Taiko on Wii so I can't help ya there.
>>
>>381229052
>>381229443
this
>>
>>381233031
Better then Pikmin 1 for sure, but whether you like it more then 2 depends entirely on your opinion of dungeons. The main game is really short though, so don't forget about the extra missions because those are where the game's real fun lies.
>>
Isn't it still pretty much impossible to get a Switch without paying exorbitant scalper's fees? I've heard some people say that they're going to come out with a new version to fix some flaws on release like screen-scratching stands, so I've been planning on just waiting until the end of the year.
>>
>>381227827
Why the hell would I want a Switch? It doesn't have any games. No multimedia functionality.
>>
>>381227827

I enjoy my Wii U, but you can't tell me Nintendo Land, Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Club and the ports make the console worth getting.
>>
>>381233250
The dock doesn't even scratch the screen.
>>
>>381233250
I'm sure you can do it for whatever stores apply in your country, but I did an online grocery shop on ASDA to reserve one in store for myself.
>>
>>381227827
If they port Mario Maker I might get a Switch
>>
>>381227827
1)I am not a manchild.

2)I do not like YAHOO BING BING gameplay
>>
>>381233031
depends on your preferences. Did you like 2 more then 1? Then you'll probably like 2 more then 3 as well.
>>
>>381227827
look at those 2 new lps
>>
How can any self respecting adult man play Kirby,Yoshi or Mario?

Do you fucking play with GiJoes in your mom's basement?
>>
>>381230665
Why is Arms stupid? You just say things here without explanation? Arms is actually a refreshing new fighting game instead of those games like tekken that just get new characters every new installment.
>bayonetta on a bad system
and? still in the library of the WiiU.
Splatoon really isn't a shit game in my opinion. I personally had so much fun with it. And nope, I'm not a nintentard. I played many other shooters besides Splatoon.
>>
>>381233578
I fail to see how whatever retarded games you play are more mature. Every single adult I know enjoys Nintendo games. It's literally only teens who are "too grown up" who don't.
>>
>>381233578
same way I can play any video game
>>
>>381233578
>How can any self respecting adult man play Kirby,Yoshi or Mario?
Simple, you have to be a self respecting adult man to play Kirby, Yoshi and Mario.
If you're that self conscious about your preferences then you have some growing up to do.
>>
>>381233263
>getting a console for multimedia functionality
That's why you are shit
>>
>>381227827
>WiiU
Why buy the trash console at this point when cemu is the ultraHD 60fps version with UI/content mods options?
Nintendo stopped profiting from selling them, too. So pirating or buying is the same damage to them.
>>
>>381233578
The 3D Mario games are still very creative and enjoyable for the whole family, but the Yoshi and Kirby games I don't get. They are all the same, on the same level as the NSMB games.
>>
>>381233981
That's pretty much the only reason people buy consoles nowadays.
>>
>>381234064
3d world is literally 3d nsmb
>>
>>381230870
>Xenoblade X
Unfinished alpha stage garbage that's 95% a menu experience yet has probably the worst menu browsing design of the last 10 years

>The Wonderful 101
A shame about this, one of the few actually good games on WiiU, god bless platinum

>the definitive versions of Yoshi's Woolly World and Hyrule Warriors
The definitive versions of both of those games belong to the trash bin. Who cares what's the best version when no version is worth playing in the first place?
>>
File: 1366204567911.gif (988KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
1366204567911.gif
988KB, 500x245px
I fucking LOVE my WiiU. I love local multiplayer, I love consoles that are just consoles with little to no bullshit, I love FREE online multiplayer, I love almost every game I have in my WiiU library (And I'm 3 off from finishing my whole collection). I've gotten over a hundred hours in a bunch of single player games. The playtime of those 3 combined and more in Smash 4. Over a hundred in Mario Kart. Probably around 80 collectively in Bayonetta 1+2. On top of all the other shorter playtime games that were still amazing. I've gotten a ton of use out of the console.

That said. I fucking hate the Switch. Nintendo has never had reliable or quality online services. They've never once just gotten the online experience right, no bullshit, so I fail to see why paying for it is a remotely acceptable notion. I think a lot of the launch games look weak.
I dropped 60 on BOTW and could have gotten it for free. When I want to play the game but looking better I'll do it when it's a bit more stable for CEMU. I already get flawless 30 fps in shrines.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe plays worse than Mario Kart 8 WiiU, there's too many fucking items and the online is LESS reliable. I dont like battle mode and new characters in a racing game are just skins. It's a weak port and 60 dollars.
Arms is flicking your wirsts to attack in a 2017 video game.
Splatoon 2 looks cool. I'm impressed with what I've seen and if they've improved the local multiplayer experience (2v2's? Taking 4 friends online? Anything?) since more controllers have gyro I'll buy a Switch for it
There's a reason Pokken didn't last on the WiiU when Splatoon, Smash 4, and Mario Kart 8 had communities for most of it's life. It needed a sequel on an extended edition.
Musou is great if you're into that, but it seems like they've just done a terrible job with fanservice.
Xenoblade 2 could be cool. I dont care nearly as much about Shulk's setting though.
Mario Odyssey looks downright amazing but not urgently so, I can wait for it.
>>
I literally can't find a Switch under 400 buckaroos.
>>
Cause I wanna play monster hunter5...
>>
>>381234423
Then stop living in fucking Canada.
>>
File: 1484633959234.jpg (9KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
1484633959234.jpg
9KB, 189x267px
>>381234064
>They are all the same
>>
>>381234560
Do you honestly expect a neo-millennial to understand that same protag =/= same game?
>>
File: 1366841473892.png (10KB, 236x176px) Image search: [Google]
1366841473892.png
10KB, 236x176px
>Smash 4
>Mario Maker
>3D World
>Mario and Luigi U
>Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe is botched on Switch)
>Captain Toad
>Wooly World
>Dong Freeze
>Kirby: Rainbow Curse
>Breath of the Wild
>Hyrule Warriors
>WW and TP HD
>Splatoon
>Pikmin 3
>Starfox Guard (Can be purchased separate)
>Pokken
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Nintendoland
>Fatal Frame
>Bayonetta 1 and 2
>Wonderful 101
>Monster Hunter 3U
>Lego City Undercover
>Tekken Tag Tournament WiiU Edition
>Rodea (Wii game packaged as a WiiU game)
>Pushmo World
>Runbow
>Fast Racing Neo
>Affordable Space Adventures
>Good selection of 3rd party Indies (Some with exclusive content and controls to the WiiU version like Trine 2, Shovel Knight, and Severed)
>Also picked up a few wii games I missed (Bit.Trip collection, Tatusnoko vs Capcom, etc) because of true backwards compatibility
>vWii allows for Gamecube games to be played. Something the Switch will NEVER be able to handle
>Pro controller is top tier
>WiiU Gamepad surprisingly comfortable and great for games in bed
>Gamecube adapter is the best peripheral of all time, doubles as an easy ticket to playing Dolphin with the correct controllers solo or multiplayer
>Entire Zelda library available besides ALBW and the CDI games
>The only console currently capable of good DS emulation because of the touch screen
>Easy as fuck to hack, just have to connect to the internet
>Best options options to expand memory on a Nintendo console (3rd party external powered hard drive vs SD card on Switch and 3DS) I added two terabytes of storage to my WiiU, most I can add to a switch is a few hundred gigs, maybe less if Nintendo's SD card support is as bad as it was on the 3DS
>Mfw I'm STILL having a great time, probably will be playing it into 2018, /v/ is mad as fuck about it, and they can't stop me
Hating the WiiU is the sure sign of having bad tastes. This is an amazing console.
>>
>>381234560
Are you seriously going to imply the Yoshi gameplay has fundamentally changed since Yoshi's Island?
>>
>>381234281
The 3DS versions of those games are eye rape tier and also lose the couch multiplayer.
>>
>>381234834
Does it have to have drastic changes to be different?
The answer is no.
>>
>>381235117
Does a game that's already simplistic and easy retain its much of its fun when you regurgitate the vast majority of the mechanics over and over and over?
The answer is no unless you have legitimate autism.
>>
>>381227827
Because Switches are sold out everywhere I go. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? I have 300 dollarydoos burning a hole in my pocket and no switch to buy.
>>
>>381234080
that's why most people who buy consoles are shit. Look at all the dudebros and faggots getting playstations and xbox's just because they can use them as a multimedia station. Those people can go fuck themselves. They are the biggest problem. They mostly don't even care what they can play on them. They suck up the latest, shitty call of duty or the latest EA game because "hey, look guys, I have this game with great graphics. AND I CAN USE THIS CONSOLE FOR ALL THE MULTIMEDIA!".
>>
>>381233578
I think your view is very skewed. A self respecting adult man wouldn't browse /v/ all day, he wouldn't spend all his time playing video games, and he wouldn't know all about games, genres and what exists or is in development. This is literally manchild behaviour, and represents most of this board.

A selfrespecting adult male has a job, he has some social life, he probably even has a family of his own. When he comes home he plays easy-going games that you can just plop down in front of the TV and enjoy for an hour.

Mario has no age limit, now if you were to compare it to 'realistic' or 'mature' games, you'll find that most of those are in fact very juvenile.
>>
>>381235261
Yes it does. It's not like there is absolutely nothing different from the last game.
Tell me, if you had fun with yoshi's island back then, why can't you have fun with woolly world now? Is it too similar? Well fuck, guess there is no fun then, right? The autist here is actually you.
>>
>>381235261
>he honestly thinks that a game has to reinvent itself with each game
>he honestly thinks that change can only come from changing the core mechanics
The best part is that you know who exactly is making this kind of post.

Also you do realise you're talking about a platformer right?
As in the type of game where variety comes from the level design more than it does mechanics.
>>
>>381233578
>Do you fucking play with GiJoes in your mom's basement?
Isn't this anyone who plays CoD type games?
>>
>>381227827
Wii U is a trash system with no games worth owning, the Switch isn't even worth owning right now
>BotW? Takes a week to beat the game, that's including getting the dragon's and all 4 beasts while working full time. You'll get bored when you beat it cause there's literally nothing else to do than some autistic scavenger hunt
>MK8? seeing how the threads go for those weekend racing, that game is dead on arrival
>Arms got boring a couple of games in, lacks content too
>Pokken? Shit boring game, good riddance from EVO
>FE Warrior? Another boring Dynasty Warriors game
Splatoon 2 will be good, but that comes at the end of next fucking month, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey look fantastic but that's at the end of this year.
What a garbage way to have a system launch. Nothing to play and games getting super boring a week after launch. What the fuck was Nintendo thinking
>>
>>381236329
>BotW? Takes a week to beat the game
That's longer than most games made nowadays dude. You could play through them with a max of about a day of play time including side quests.
>>
>>381236612
At least the other games have more shit to do when you beat the game than
>yo senpai save my chickens
>im to shy to talk to the girl on the other side of this lake
>please see me barrel make it to this girl
Fuck off
>>
>>381230286
there's no reason to at this point
>>
>>381234281
>A shame about this, one of the few actually good games on WiiU, god bless platinum

Is this game only praised by toddlers hard fans of nintendo?
>>
>>381236904
>At least the other games have more shit to do when you beat the game than
Except for the fact you've done most of it by then. I mean, when you finish it you get like 1 or two short quest lines?
And that's if you're lucky they don't have DLC. If they have DLC then that's it, the game ends there.
>>
>>381236329
w101
bayo 2
mh3u
>>
>>381237318
>MH3
It's on 3DS, which everyone has. And abandoned because 4 and X is out
>W101 and Bayo 2
Nice, 2 boring platinum games that lack depth and a decent story. Fuck no
Even even IF those games are actually good, who the fuck buys a system to play 2, maybe 3 games?
>>
>>381237892
>who the fuck buys a system to play 2, maybe 3 games?
Sonygro
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.