[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

overwatch competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

what's the point of playing this mode anymore.
it's a team based game, so APPARENTLY it's your team's fault.
But on the other hand people swear that you should be able to carry. but if I try to do things myself I get killed.
why is the game like this? I have good aim, reaction time, and get gold medals, but I can't see what exactly it is I'm doing wrong. Why are team based games like this? at least in fighting games you can clearly see why it is all your fault. but a whole group of people make things complex
>>
if you're carrying your weight you'll still eventually climb. You also get more SR per win if the game thinks you're better than your rank.

I'm in silver because I don't bother playing competitive and my placement matches kept dropping my SR each season but in the few matches I played I got like 40-50 SR per win and only lost 10-15 per loss. I lost like 4 times in a row because of throwers and disconnectors but I made it all back just by winning once.
>>
>>381225173
Is that how it works? Sucks for me though. I lose 15 or so a match, hell rarely I don't even lose points. When I win I get 50-60. But I usually lose a bunch in a row, then win once or twice and end up at the same or slightly higher than before.
>>
>>381225173
I had seventeen games in a row

Fucking

Seventeen

Where someone either "lagged out" so it was 5v6 or someone goes, "I'm a ______ main so I refuse to play as literally any other hero" and we get raped due to poor composition.

I always fill and always switch when we need to counter something. I bend over backwards and fuck myself again and again to try to make a team work. But most Overwatch players seem to exclusively care about their KD ratio despite NONE of the fucking matches being about team deathmatch.

Too many times when I'm on offensive payload, I am exclusively the only one pushing the payload because everyone else runs ahead to get kills and get killed off. On defensive payload, I am literally the only one who will go up and actually fucking contest the thing. When I die, I'll see ny whole fucking team backing up and letting the payload gain ground, nobody even trying to push the offensive team off.

This game needs to reward players for actually fucking participating with the objective and focusing on killing support heroes, and punishing players for just feedind the enemy and helping them charge their ultimates.
>>
>>381225173
This.
I was placed at bronze for dicking around and I'm almost at plat in no effort because I go up so much ELO.
>>
>>381224528
you can't carry in this game

its fucking impossible unless the other team is ABSOLUTE SHIT. this isn't a moba like lol and you can snowball your way and carry 4 people.

this game REQUIRES teamwork because it gives you the tools you need (being able to switch to WHAT YOU NEED to break the enemy comp apart), but you need your team to work together to win vs a competent team
>>
>>381227229
>Attack on Payload
>Three players insta lock in Widowmaker, Hanzo, and Ana
>Fourth player picks Genji
>Fifth picks McCree
>All five proceed to bitch and about poor team comp anf nobody taking the objective/pushing the payload
>>
>>381224528
Overwatch is a terrible mess. Play league of legends. That's a team game where you can carry and keep track of all the factors that go into whether you're gonna win or lose. Just takes a LOT longer to learn than OW.
>>
>Lucio and Ana as healers
>Someone pics Genji or Pharah
>Genji/Pharah bitch the whole game that they didn't get heals when the healers are busy sticking to the objective and helping the only two other teammates that are actually on the objective

Pharah players need to fucking understand that not all actions in this game have infinite vertical height like D.va's ult. If you are flying ten yards above the objective, you are NOT contesting it. If you chase enemies off the objective and spend an entire minute trying to kill them, you are NOT contesting it.
>>
>>381227229
dude, i had a similar thing to that

fucking 1 lucio on the payload pushed it PAST our group and meanwhile fucking EVERYONE was trying to kill the team coming out of first spawn.

i didn't realize at first since it was behind us and we were stopping them right at the gate, then i noticed "shit, where is their lucio?" because i wasn't seeing him coming out, i thought he was just waiting inside.

he capped the payload
on his own
fucking wanted to kill myself and my team

defense needs a better payload meter of how much distance is fucking left, like a constant meter distance ticking down when its pushing

thanks for telling me when its fucking 5 meters left, assholes
>>
>>381228052
The game has SEVERAL signifiers telling you, both visually and audibly, that someone is pushing the payload.

How can all six of you be so retarded that NONE of you heard or saw ANYTHING warning you that someone was winning the game?
>>
It doesn't matter if you get gold medals or not, since the game isn't a team death match.

You can get zero kills and still help the team a lot, either by healing or distracting the enemy team, or contesting or capping the point. Sure, kills can help, but if you are just killing the same hanzo or genji it wont matter and wont help the team.
>>
>>381228052
>defense needs a better payload meter of how much distance is fucking left, like a constant meter distance ticking down when its pushing

...It does. At the very top of your screen. It shows you how close the payload is by hundredths of a meter.
>>
File: 1426110752283.png (1MB, 1764x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1426110752283.png
1MB, 1764x1056px
>>381224528
>play shit game
>complain that the game is shit
>>
>>381224528
It's for players with a premade to stomp stupid people who solo queue.
>>
>>381228317
You would still get gold medals for healing well.

Medals dictate almost everything that matters in a match, from how much time you spent pushing/holding an objective to how much you healed your team. If someone has five fucking gold medals, they are definitely contributing more to the team than anyone else is.
>>
>>381228351
i don't look up that fucking high

shit, im just going back to Q3A
its all about killing and no fucking pushing carts like working at walmart
>>
>>381228543
yeah, but they didn't contribute to WINNING THE FUCKING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

they don't give out medals for WINNING, just DOING GOOD.
>>
>>381228615
>I couldn't see the truck behind me, they should have a way for me to see if someone is behind me before I slam my breaks
>There's a rearview mirror.
>Ya but I don't look that high

You're a fucking retard and probably one of the reasons why people lose competitive matches.
>>
>>381228702
>Holding the objective, getting enemies off the objective, and healing your team doesn't contribute towards winning a match

Okay.
>>
>>381228869
it doesn't if you fucking lose
asshole

>t.? the fuck is this t. shit?

i know because i've gotten 4 golds and still lost!
remember when they gave gold medals for fucking losing? oh yeah! BACK IN 3RD GRADE LITTLE LEAGUE SPORTS!
>>
>>381225173
You place in silver because you're shit. Everything past the first season I've placed in diamond and I don't even play the game much.
>>
>>381228052
You got outplayed dude
>>
>>381224528
The problem with OW is that its based on cooldowns thus eliminating a lot of the carry potential. The gunplay is really weak in this regard so the game becomes more about numbers because without your cooldowns youre really half a character. In other fpses like say quake, tribes, dirty bomb, etc you have momentum, movement, and various other factors that make it harder to land a shot and creates a larger margin for someone to miss. Because of the shot netcode and hitboxes in ow you reach the point where players wont really miss so it becomes about numbers.

In higher level games it becomes more about generating ults and coordinating them than out skilling your opponent through gunplay. Which puts a greater emphasis on everyone carrying their weight.
>>
>>381228702
Just because your team does not win, it does not mean people of your team were not contributing.

That is the fucking point, you mongoloid. We are complaining that your performance, no matter how good you are or how well you are at carrying, you are entirely ranked by how well your whole team performs. You get punished when your team loses, even if you performed better than all eleven other players combined.
>>
>>381224528
you have to play bastion.
you can carry until diamond because everyone is retarded.

unless they nerfed him since I last played which would be stupid since he's not even technically viable in real play.
>>
>>381229035
You can contribute towards a goal even if the goal is never reached, you inbred fuckwad.

You're the reason your team always loses.
>>
I really liked ow when it came out and had hit top ,500 ,and GM consistently. Unfortunately many months later competitive wise It just wasn't fun in the fact that it's harder to and more ultimate based coordination.

I hate blizzard
>>
>>381230469
Harder to carry as *"DPs"
>>
>>381227229
The best thing to do with people that have shit mains is work around them, make the team comp suit them, that or not even try wining.
>>
>>381229598
it's also that healing is stronger than damage in general and the fact that healthpacks don't come even close to the strength of standard healing. It completely prevents chipping away at an enemy team, meaning you have to instantly kill enemies.

in general, the game is actually completely devoid of any kind of deep strategy of tactics since there really isn't anything to control but the control point. It makes it very difficult to use your ability to outmaneuver opponents to kill them because the reward for doing so is rarely worth all the time it took.

they also don't really have hardly any splash damage characters with strong attacks to prevent carrying. Pharah is no soldier equivalent. You need a high enough DPS to take the enemy off guard and kill them in order to win. Especially with the insane amounts of healing in this game.

This is basically why bastion is the only character you can truly carry with.
>>
>>381227661
isn't it more toxic than OVerwatch
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.