[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: Monster-Hunter-World-Splash.jpg (156KB, 954x534px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-Hunter-World-Splash.jpg
156KB, 954x534px
So now that actual gameplay, that wasn't recorded on a phone, has been released for this game. Do you think MHW will be a good game?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13239443
http://www.strawpoll.me/13239443

Keep shitposting and console faggotry to a minium.
>>
>>381224205

>console faggotry
Why in the name of everything that's holy would anyone buy the console version? Do you LIKE paying FULL price for HALF the frames?
jesus christ.
To answer your question, it will probably be very decent.
>>
Bad options. I think it will be a good game just not a good Monster Hunter game. Meaning, I think it will change too much about the formula and wont feel like MH anymore.
>>
File: 1489652711612.jpg (127KB, 690x920px) Image search: [Google]
1489652711612.jpg
127KB, 690x920px
>>381224350
I have a pretty decent PC which would be able to run this game just fine, however i'm considering buying the PS4 version solely for the reason that the game will be PS4 only in Japan and that like with all other games the majority of people will be playing on PS4, PC online will be dead within 2 weeks.
>>
>>381224760
So you're fine with paying Full price for Half the frames. I see. And PC will have cross-play with xboners
>>
>>381224584
Fair enough I'll probably make a new one if this thread dies.
>>
>People voting yes out of spite of nintendo fags
You're as bad as the people shitting on it for changing, we don't know enough to know if it will be good yet, at most we have seen a scripted hunt designed to show off some new things.
We don't know anything about how quests work, village, armor skills, food buffs, how they are going to handle DLC and event quests, how they are going to handle g rank.
These shitposters blindly hating/loving it shit me off.
>>
>>381224898
Source?
Also, idk. I don't know a single person who owns an Xbox to be honest.

I'm fine with consistent 30 fps if that means i'll actually have a community to play with i guess. Ideally i would like it to run at 60, but you can't always get what you want and in this case the tradeoff for being able to play with a lot of people including my non-NEET friends who have moved on from PC gaming to console wins for me personally
>>
can I get a link to the gameplay?
>>
>>381225426
This. Fuck your consolewar shit I want to see gameplay that wasn't filmed by a sneaky chinese dude.
>>
>>381225426
>>381225512
Just open youtube and look at CapcomChannel's Youtube channel, how fucking retarded are you people?
>>
>>381224205
it's literally the same fucking formula as every other monster hunter game they released for the past decade, except with HD assets, voice acting, and seamless zones.
>>
>>381225512
>>381225426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig
Jap gameplay there, no english yet.
Also its almost exactly the same as what we saw from the sneaky chinks phone, just two different weapons.
>>
>>381224584
>I think it will change too much about the formula and wont feel like MH anymore.
Unless Monster Hunter means striking a pose after eating to you, there's nothing about this that doesn't look exactly like Monster Hunter. Or at least any less Monster Hunter than hunter arts did.
>>
>>381225640
Awesome, thanks. Time to break out the popcorn and pretend I understand jap.
>>
>>381224205
It will be a good game, it just wont sell
>>
I've liked most everything I've seen so far. Still not a fan of the flies but I guess given the size of these maps, it's not a bad compromise. The core combat itself seems like it's the same old MH which I'm happy about.
>>
>>381225640
>703,677 views
>>
>>381225663
I don't like arts either for the record.
>>
>>381224205
it's HD Monster Hunter done by the main team, it can't possibly fail.
>>
I liked what I saw, on the good part, they dont seem to have changed much.

On the bad part, they dont seem to have changed much

MH have historically never cater to the west, You cant just expect the game will magically do now just cause you port it to more consoles/ PC
>>
>>381225869
Anything can sell anything if you market it well enough. Just don't know if Capcom has the funds for that. Maybe since it's PS4 exclusive in Japan Sony will push it hard.
>>
>>381225640
>54:00
>QTE's
fucking dropped
>>
>>381226594
monster hunter 4 already had QTEs when you hop on a monsters back
>>
>>381226080
>it can't possibly fail.
Of course it can. Monster Hunter X (pulling a random example) sold 2.81 million in Japan and .6 million combined everywhere else. That means something like 75-80% of sales came from Japan. The 3DS sold a little less than 6 times more than the PS4 sold in Japan so far. So clearly the Japanese sales are not going to be as high. Given that this game was obviously much more expensive to make than X, they are gonna want a gigantic increase in sales in the west. I'd guess at minimum they want 3 million western sales, and ideally they'd want more than that. That means they have to multiply western sales of their latest release by at least 5. There is a whole bunch of room to fail here.
>>
>>381226154
I dont know. I mean, part of the appeal of MH for nips was the partable so they could hun while commuting or shits

PS4 already have a 4.5-5M userbase in Japan. so either MH gives em a massive boost in sales or they have to hope for a 70% attachment rate
>>
>>381226767
>nintendoniggers are this butthurt that they have to go out and say that monster hunter will fail when it's the CoD of Japan
>>
>>381226662
never played monhun before but yeah that doesn't make me super hyped about picking this one up, maybe if it has a metric shit ton of content and good online
>>
>>381226080
>it's HD Monster Hunter done by the main team, it can't possibly fail.
Nigger. MH have been tried in all hardware before, All but PSP and 3DS have flopped hard
PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU, Xb360, PC.

The game looks great and MON HUN style, BUT that is hte problem itself, Mon Hun as a game has never appealed to the western (no fucking idea why). Ill will enjoy it on PC but unless something happen I can not see this become more appealing to CoD kid fanbase for REASON

prove me wrong
also >>381226895 is a faggot
>>
>>381226895
Name a single console Monster Hunter that broke 1 million in Japan.
>>
>>381227075
all those other HD monster hunter games were done by spinoff teams and B teams. this HD monster hunter game is done by the A team.
>>
>>381226895
you should probably leave the console shitlfinging for someone who isn't straight up just saying statistics
>>
>>381225869
People underestimate the demand for a game like this on PC. While not an exactly same game, look at how much something like Ark sold on PC. There's a huge audience on PC for hunting and crafting shit. And considering how much DDDA sold on PC for a niche title with barely any marketing, I wouldn't be surprised if this sold closed to 1m or even more.

Honestly, if they really want this to sell a fuckton then they need to appeal to the DS fanbase. I know MH fans will hate it but getting majority of the DS fanbase to buy into this will make this game incredibly successful in the west.
>>
File: 1382304309845.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1382304309845.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>381227075
>comparing a chinese knock-off MH MMORPG to MHW
>>
>>381226812
If it doesn't do well in Japan, I can guarantee Capcom will port it over to Switch as fast as possible.
>>
>>381226895
I'm not saying it will fail, I'm saying it's likely to fail. It can succeed and I said in my post exactly how it would. They need to greatly increase sales in the west. That could come from a big marketing campaign, it could come from Sony pushing it hard. It could just come from being an amazing game. But the bottom line is it cant just be a normal release or it will fail, they have to do something special here.
>>
>>381227271
Pc and ps4 players will def Buy this game. Even fucking normies are talking about it
>>
>>381227447
If it does not do well in Japan 3 executives will be found execute by the next morning

>>381227427
>>381227271
>>381227168
Is not about console only, Even the portable ones. PSP and 3DS , Main line games. the sales on the west were 1/3 - 1/4 of the total sales. Japan has always carried the weight of Mon Hun about 70% of it self alone.

Again, Dont know why, but Mon Hun dont seems to have an appealing in West
>>
>>381227447
The leaks, which seem to be true, said that Sony paid so that it couldn't be on the Switch so I don't think it will ever get ported. More likely is Monster Hunter Portable 5 will be announced in the next several months.
>>
>>381226908
In mohan 4 you didn't have the button prompts show up to tell you what to press to hold on and attack on monster back. you had to pay attention to a special bar that changed color to know when to hold on or stab.
I'm guessing that the giant ass huge text on screen in MHW is only there for tutorial purposes. As are voices.
>>
File: 1449714580284[1].jpg (98KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1449714580284[1].jpg
98KB, 808x805px
It looks like shit. I hope it fails hard. Yes, I am an actual salty Nintenbro and not false flagging.
>>
>>381227734
Nigger, that faggot cuck said the game will be open world, QTE and that was debunked, and also the game was in production 4 years ago. The switch wasn't even a thing back then
>>
>>381224350

It comes out sooner.
Pc port, might be bad. Japs can't into PC.

I'll still wait to get it on the PC myself. But, I can get why people might be a bit iffy.
>>
>>381224205
Monster Hunter as a series should be developed for handheld/mobile only

The game's progression is based on grinding for materials to make new armor/weapons so that you can fight harder monsters to make better armor/weapons

The missions are designed to be short and played in bursts, perfect for a long train ride or some downtime at work/school

Co-op is much better in person than over the internet

Maybe it'll work better on the Switch if the Switch can even run MH, since it's portable, but from my research the battery life seems ill-suited to playing on-the-go especially with wireless enabled. MH was definitely best on PSP, 3DS was popular, but honestly I felt that the system lacked the power and comfort needed to bring out the best of this series

I don't see how having it on a home system would be good, I and although there are issues with playing action-intensive games on a phone of tablet, I've seen them work just fine.handhelds, it'll thrive

Might get the PC version if my friends do though, I'm a sucker for peer pressure
>>
>>381227940
>Pc port, might be bad

It's MT frameworks which is the same engine that Dragon's Dogma and DMC4 used and both of those games are arguably 2 of the most well-optimized PC ports of all time. MT frameworks is fucking magic.

The only issue I could possibly see is if they fuck up the netcode.
>>
>>381227928
>The switch wasn't even a thing back then
that does not mean it
It does not mean it cant be ported anon
>>
>>381227271
>look at how much something like Ark sold on PC

4 million, with regular price cuts to $10, so 666k. DS does alright in the West, but sure as hell not well enough to compensate for the Japanese handheld market.
>>
>>381227940
>Pc port, might be bad. Japs can't into PC.
MT Framework my man, it made Dragons Dogma and DMC4 run godlike, i expect it to do the same for MHW
>>
>>381227734
I still feel like that Sony rumor is kinda of bullshit.
>Sony pays for MHW to not be on Switch
>Instread of paying for it to be a straight up ps4 exclusive
>Doesn't announce a new portable console that will be the only way to pay monster Hunter on the go.
>>
>>381224898

No it won't. Capcom already denied that.
>>
>>381227075
>ps2
Starting out. Small fanbase. Enough of a fanbase to get game western and continue living.
>PSP
Mobile gaming boom in japan. The franchise benifited greatly.
>PS3
Only acquired a port of one of the PSP games during the boom.
>Wii
Console change. Polarized the audience.
>3ds
A Great few fans had to move on to the 3ds for the rest of the new games.
>Wii U
Another Port.
>360
Released only a Japanese version of a game that wasn't mainline and also on a console the Japanese had long abandon.
>PC
Still going in china korea and maybe Japan. MMO made by chinks.

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>381227807
>not falseflagging
>using the official sony™ falseflagging reaction face
>>
>>381228154
Who said it couldn't? Capcom will probably port this game soon for the switch but i don't even think the switch could handle this game without it looking super terrible
>>
>>381228373
>>Wii
>Console change. Polarized the audience
irony this has been the best seller console mon hun at 2M.
>>
>>381224898
PC is getting 30 fps too.
And it doesn't have Cross play with xbox.
You may be able to unlock the frames but watch as you get so many untold bugs and problems with the unlock.
Just like every Souls game basically any Japanese game in general on PC.
>>
>>381228164
>DS does alright in the West
>alright

That's an understatement.

DS3 sold over 1.5m on PC alone. And PS4 has the bigger userbase. And most of these sales are for a $60 game.

If I remember right, MH4 sold about 3-4m in Japan so western sales could more than make up for that.
>>
>>381228319
The Switch is their only real competition. In the West Monhan has a tiny following, the Xbone is less than half of PS4's sales, and PCfags don't buy games for more than $10 anyway. The Switch has a real chance of destroying Sony's already small presence in the Japanese market.
>>
>>381228373
>Console change. Polarized the audience.
everyone and their mother ahd a wii back then. the only shit polarize are people that want portable becasue MH is a social thing. And MHW has the same issue.
>>
>>381224205
So can we turn off that firefly shite and track like real niggas or is it not designed that way ala Witcher 3?
>>
>>381228557
Because it was the only Console Mohan in 3 years. And it was on the best selling console of all time.
so damn near everybody had access to getting it.
>>
>>381228714
>so western sales could more than make up for that.
DS3 is a series with huge following in the west, MH isnt. it will be lucky to get 1M across the 3 platforms.
>>
If find it funny that people is comparing sales expecting to ONLY reach the 4-5M threshold PSP or 3DS games did

Those were games done with 1-2 years of dev time top and assets for toaster with an screen.

MHW is 4 years dev time HD assets. this thing is likely expected to sell (and likely required) to sell a few folds over the handhelds counterpart. so selling 3-4M alone wont cut it

also why the fuck is hte game not up for pre-order in Japan??
>>
>>381224205
I didn't want to get hyped, but fuck that Hammer and HBH gameplay is too much, just need to see HH now.

Also hoping the PC version does not take forever to come out after consoles and that it runs well.
>>
>>381229316
Then, it is designed to flop? Capcom have some really stupid logic.
>>
>>381229798
>>DS does alright in the West
this is the company that called RE6 a flop at 6-7M sales.
>>
I really want to see how the game is when someone is playing it normally instead of trying to trip every environmental gimmick in a three mile radius. I see a lot of stuff I like and a lot of stuff that's worrying.

Loading zones were always complete shit.
>>
>>381229798
the only options are
A) its a Pawn game, designed to spin the franchise and Capcom is willingly to take the hit
B) 3 or the 4 years of dev time was just 1 guy doing the whole thing to keep costs low
C) that rumor about Sony butting in money is true
>>
>>381229910
No one in the west know about MH, call it fear to difficulty or bad taste but MH is not really that relevant in the west, and japs see MH as a social game but how can you be social when there won't be local multiplayer?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.