[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turn Based RPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: checkmate.jpg (26KB, 547x200px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
26KB, 547x200px
It's been a long time since I've played a chill, fun turn based RPG. Have any come out recently and if not are there any older ones I should look into?

Never played a M&M or Wizardry game, but some of them looked pretty fun.
>>
Obligatory self bump
>>
can't bump your own threads, OP

anyway if you haven't played wizardry or might and magic, you should
>>
>>381222448
Regalia is pretty decent.
>>
>>381222859
>can't bump your own threads
You actually can, after 10 minutes I think.

OP do you mind J-RPGs or are you the sort that can't stand animu?
>>
>>381223836

I grew up on a Playstation, I'm fine with JRPGs
>>
Divinity OS was supposedly good, never played it myself. Deepest dungeons is overhyped, but still ok. I don't know if HOMAM can be considered RPGs, but 5,3,7,4 range from very good to fantastic, in the exact reverse order. Fallout 1,2 are essentials, F:Tactics is the pinnacle of Fallout gameplay, although not entirely canonical and the general world exploration isn't really Fallout at all.

MnM and Wizardry aren't turn based, but you should still atleast try to play them you uneducated swine. Also Arx Fatalis and Ultima Underworld. TES series could be considered a natural evolution of these games, good ones in the series start at 2 and end at 3.
>>
>>381224079
try some of the japanese wizardry games they made for playstation

tale of the forsaken land was pretty good
>>
>>381224239
>MnM and Wizardry aren't turn based
yes they are, except for wizardry 8
>>
>>381222448
Original sin 2 coming and of summer, should be roughly 5604% better than the first one (which was decent except for the writing)
>>
I'd like to know this as well.
Preferably western rpgs as I've played a shit load of jrpgs recently
>>
File: sina-leska-foto[1].jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sina-leska-foto[1].jpg
14KB, 200x200px
>>381224429
My bad, was thinking of another game.

Also I would like to add Realms of Arkania, all of them were great, although I'm not sure how the german to english translation holds up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.