[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i git gud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

How do i git gud?
>>
>>381216794
practice, observe better player and spot the difference between your play and theirs.
>>
The button layout is so shit and motion controls are faulty as fuck :(
>>
File: IMG_5074.jpg (62KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5074.jpg
62KB, 620x400px
>he bought a Switch
>he spent money on Arms
>>
>>381216794
By returning it to the store
>>
>>381218101
>>381218020
Look mom! I'm trolling :DD
>>
>>381218407
>assblasted Nintenbro trying desperately to defend his objectively retarded $60 purchase
Guffaw
>>
>>381218538
meanwhile a sonybro shitposting on 4chan since he's got nothing new to play on his pee ess four
>>
>>381217947
There is no rebinding buttons?
>>
>>381218808
No, it's completely retarded
>>
I was trying g to decide between getting this and Zelda and about an hour in I can see I've made a huge mistake. Zelda us basically an Ubisoft game. I feel how that retarded sad looking frog looks right now.
>>
>>381218973
That's a sale loss for them. My biggest problem with the test punch was the block and jump button locations.

Maybe I'll buy it eventually if they patch it in
>>
File: original-1-680x680.jpg (46KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
original-1-680x680.jpg
46KB, 680x680px
>>381219072
Rabbids will save the Switch.
>>
Don't use the motion controls, and from the actual pro controller buttons, use the shoulder triggers instead of A and B or whatever
>>
>>381219072
I dont get this ubisoft game argument against zelda. I've put a lot of hours into that game and it's really good. Maybe open world games aren't for you.
>>
>>381218787
>literal kid assuming anyone that doesn't like Nintenbro is a Sonybro
I'm an idort. I have a PC and every worthwhile console. I have more on my current backlog than you've ever played. Have fun with your wiggle-waggle babby shit.
>>
I wanted to buy this game but couldn't justify spending 60 burgers on this barebones game.
Hope it drops in price soon but it's nintendo so it probably won't
>>
>>381219602
Ah, yes, an elusive pcbro
>>
>>381219571
Most definitely not, to be honest I've done very little research so it's my own fault. I'll try to soldier through but it's basically my worst nightmare .
>Ubisoft game argument
Climbing towers to reveal the local map
Outposts and shrines are tedious little 2-5 minute events
Absolutely no need to be open world as you need to do the same things regardless of order it just takes ages to get to them

There's just nothing I'm enjoying in it right now. I'm guessing shrines exist at the expense of real dungeons too.
>>
File: isleep.jpg (37KB, 600x537px) Image search: [Google]
isleep.jpg
37KB, 600x537px
>ARMS
>>
>>381218020
>mobile poster
>>
>>381219752
http://bgr.com/2017/06/19/arms-nintendo-switch-price-discount-amazon/
>>
File: b96.png (451KB, 852x950px) Image search: [Google]
b96.png
451KB, 852x950px
>>381216794
>How do i git gud?
You use springman
>>
>>381216794
I bought this shit thinking it would be fun because it was Nintendo

It was casual fighting game bs, zero depth

Tekken 7 is miles ahead of this game, even Pokken is greatly ahead
>>
>>381219520
This. Then the only problem is blocking by clicking in the left stick but it's not that bad at all.
>>
>>381221002
But it is fun?
What are you talking about?
>>
File: it's just not a game anymore.png (140KB, 438x378px) Image search: [Google]
it's just not a game anymore.png
140KB, 438x378px
>playing level 7 Grand Prix
>some rounds they just stand there and take my hits
>most rounds they dodge and counter every single punch
>>
I CANNOT BEAT HEDLOCK LVL4 KILL ME
>>
ded game
>>
>>381216794
do the 1 2 punch, don't throw them both out at once.

grabs are dangerous if you wiff so plan carefully.

jumps and dashes are your friend, do them often.

baiting generally works well (I.E. use a quick arms like a tri shot type weapon and aim at your opponent then use a toaster or slapamander in the direction you expect them to dodge the first attack about 1/2 a second after throwing your bait attack. sometimes the first punch hits but usually your opponent will dodge right into your slapamander.

don't forget heavier arms will knock down lighter arms so a slapamander will knock down most of the quicker weapons people like to use online but if anyone is rolling those big orbs dodge like you are supposed to.
>>
>>381224225
i swear the AI in Grand Prix got harder, i was clearing 4 without effort and would perfect fairly often.

i tried again the other day and and alot more difficulty, havn't tried 7 difficulty yet.
>>
>>381222710
Not him but I am not finding this fun. Motion controls are weird and I constantly do the wrong attack or movement all the god damn time. movement tied to attacking fucks shit up. Like if you want to throw a curved punch, but your other hand has a slight tilt, good chance you are going to block

Online battles are all about fast weapons and all out offense, very few times I see people with slow weapons and even my dumbass can destroy them with two fast weapons. won a fair share of online casual matches with Min Min's Ramram weapons.

Ganna return this later and put the money down on Splatoon 2 or something. Even if I am on a winning streak or in a good match, I dont get that rush.
>>
>>381216794
play more
look into others playing competitive
figure out a main that isn't bottom tier and get all the ARMS for them
>>
File: 1497890530295m.jpg (120KB, 1024x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1497890530295m.jpg
120KB, 1024x1005px
>>381225056
>figure out a main that isn't bottom tier

So don't play as Mechanica?
>>
>cant remap buttons or at the very least use non-motion controls
and back to gamestop I go
>>
>>381218538
Are you people going to say this for literally every switch game that comes out?
>>
>>381218407
If you think that simply pointing out someone's actions is "trolling," then there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>381221002
>I bought this shit thinking it would be fun because it was Nintendo
You bought a game simply because of brand recognition? That was an utterly stupid decision. No wonder this company keeps making money.
>>
>>381225576
But you can use non motion controls lol
>>
>>381225837
cant find the options menu, where is it?
>>
>only grab to punish an opponent
>never throw out both of your arms, this leaves you wide open to a charged punch or grab if you miss
>if an opponent if using explosive arms, you can punch them when they're charged to deal a bit of damage to them. This also applies to the seekie disabling their arms
>if you're going up against a mummy, don't grab. They'll see it coming a mile away if they're good and punish your ass HARD. Instead, try making it look like you're about to grab to get them out of block, or punch them to negate their healing
>only use your super if the enemy has one or more of their arms out, or one or more of their arms are disabled
>not only does minmin's left arm turn into a dragon when fully charged, it also grows in size to make it harder to avoid
>save up for the 200 arms getter. Not only do you get more time, but the clocks give 10 seconds instead of 5
>try to see what your opponent likes to do and change your playstyle to counter theirs. For example, if they like to jump alot, try picking the hydra to catch them mid-air
>if you're on a losing streak, try taking a break for a short while. Seriously, it works wonders
>Watch Mr. Yabuki's gameplay and try to learn from him. Link to the video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYs6Bwt0e7o
there's probably a lot more that I don't know about, but that's all can really say other than to just play the game. The game just came out so there's a fuck ton of hidden tech that we don't even know about.
>>
>>381220139

>you need to do the same things regardless of order

Well that's wrong. Just go fight the final boss immediately, skip all shrines and dungeons if you like. Only required part is tutorial plateau
>>
>>381225893
it depends on the mode your controllers are in.

if you have the joycons attached in handheld mode/use a grip/ or use a pro controller you can use face buttons to play the game. no options fiddling required.
>>
I'm not getting ARMS in the mail for a week. Is the Slapamander still broken?
>>
File: 800px_COLOURBOX3441261[1].jpg (70KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
800px_COLOURBOX3441261[1].jpg
70KB, 800x531px
>>381224287
I beat him on my first try
>>
>>381216794
>pretty much every round ends in a timeout after you learn how to move

????
I'm confused, what was nintendo thinking?
dashing/moving/jumping is just way too good. It seems like you can't hit the opponent no matter how much you predict or curve.
>>
>>381226305
Slapamanders were never broken, just a good curving arm
>>
>>381226125
jesus fuck man, thank you. games playable now
>>
>>381216794
yo anyone in the west midlands of england who wants a free copy of arms hit me up
>>
>>381226002
>the clocks give 10 seconds instead of 5
you're a god thank you for telling me
btw what does the + next to the weapons name do i assume it's upgraded but what gets upgraded?
>>
>>381228757
It depends on the arm itself
Some shoot out and retract faster
>>
>>381228879
is there a list of what arms get what upgrade?
thanks again!
>>
>>381226125
Went from struggling with fights and shit to almost smooth sailing from just snapping the joycons into the default controlle. god damn, thanks.
>>
>Preordered game back in January
>Game still hasn't shipped
>Can't really file a complaint with amazon until Friday since it's still within expected delivery date

If I wasn't paying 20% less or so for the game I'd just cancel the order and go buy it in a store.
>>
File: IMG_0846.jpg (21KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0846.jpg
21KB, 604x438px
>sliding under punches as Cobra and landing a hit of your own
Is there a better feeling
>>
>>381230905
having min mins feet in your face when you win a level 1 match
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.