[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the new DOOM contain satanism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 2846580-doom.jpg (2MB, 4350x2752px) Image search: [Google]
2846580-doom.jpg
2MB, 4350x2752px
Why didn't the new DOOM contain satanism?
>>
Huh?
Is him going to hell and killing demons in hell not good enough for you?
>>
It's a reboot, so they took a different art directon.
A shitty one, that is.
>>
>>381214995
Elaborate.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Pretty sure it was there, not all over your face like before though.

There was even a make shift church under Olivia's office.
>>
Hell in the first Dooms is not some kind of biblical space either
>>
>>381215319
This. Doom 1 is weird martian space hell, Doom 2 is actual biblical hell which is actually just a faction of demons from space hell, Doom 3 and 4 are back to space hell with references to the faction from 2.
>>
Doom 64 has the best hell.
>>
>>381214995
>>381214995
>>381214995
A better question would be "Why didn't the new DOOM contain good gameplay that did the original justice?"
>>
>>381214995

... it did? Olivia Pierce literally worshipped Hell and opened a gateway to let Hell take over Earth.
>>
>>381214995
Pretty sure Hayden was a satanist I don't think he "accidentally" stumbled across hell
>>
>>381215689
The answer is "because you are shitty whiner with a bad taste"Thats Why
>>
>>381215689
Bethesda is full untalented faggots
>>
>>381215582
Doom64 is unironically the best game in the series. I just never realized it until I played it on PC with proper controls.
>>
>>381216030
>DOOM
>Bethesda

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>381214995
How did you miss most of the plot?
>>
>>381215582
>>381216103
Christ, Doom 64 is such a great game. Definitely had the darkest feel to it. I think the reason it's so unknown is due to it being an N64 exclusive. Plays great with keyboard and mouse. Doom64EX for anyone ITT interested.
>>
>>381215848
No Hayden was purely in it for science and humanity at all costs, he's amoral.

Olivia was the retard.
>>
>>381216395
Thanks anon.

I remember playing a copy of doom64 in a waiting room as a child and thinking it was the objectively better game. I remember it being much harder than Doom1/2 and Wolf3D. Thanks for the info famalamaramatam
>>
>>381216561
Pretty sure Hayden wanted it to happen just to awaken the Doom Slayer so he can get him the crucible. He was granting Olivia way too much freedom and even got some shit pushed by her for no reason whatsoever. He knew that would happen, but so far I don't think he's doing that purely for himself, thought this probably would be the case in the end, he needs to be an villain after all.
>>
because nudoom isn't fun.
>>
>>381216956
He was always planning on having Doom Slayer get the crucible. He did not intend for his entire facility to be destroyed in a massive demonic invasion.
>>
>>381216626
Have you heard of the consolation prize?
It allows you to play Doom 64 with any gameplay mod you'd like.
There's also the PS\ port of Doom.
>>
>>381217348
But isn't most of the destruction Doomguy's fault? He could have easily done everything he did without fucking up the place, but he's goddamned Doomguy and doesn't care about collateral damage. For someone as smart as Hayden to not expect that seems really silly.
>>
>>381217774
I can't lie to you anon; I have no idea what consolation prize is and I really don't play Doom for the mods.
>>
>>381218351
You should, since there's a lot of great Doom mods out there.
One i really like and even shill at times is MetaDoom, which is brings stuff from all the Doom games and puts in Doom's gameplay. including stuff from those weird mobile games.
Check /vr/ for the Doom threads, maybe they can help you.
>>
>>381218225
He was fucking the place up on purpose to close the portal, Hayden wanted to save the project
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.