[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need an honest answer to this question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12

File: ps4-vs-switch-vs-xbox.jpg (38KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
ps4-vs-switch-vs-xbox.jpg
38KB, 630x354px
The vast majority of PS4 and Xbone users are playing Multiplatform games. Which is fine don't get me wrong.
What i don't understand though is that, how is it ok for you to pay full price for a game that runs at half the FPS? I am not trying to start a flamewar, i honestly want to know your reasoning behind this.
I would be really pissed if i bought, say, the witcher 3 for 60 bucks and it was locked to 30fps with drops here and there. Or buying dark souls 3 for 60 bucks and for it to run at 30fps on the ps4 and 40 on average on the ps4 pro. Or more recently, Prey, it is also locked at 30fps despite it looking like a 2010 game.

>tl;dr
Why are you ok with this? Console first party exclusives are usually of higher quality then every single multiplat on the market, like breath of the wild and bloodborne. I don't see any reason to get multiplatform games on consoles though. None at all. Are you ''afraid'' of PC gaming? Does it seem too complicated? What is it?
>>
>>381206019
than* every...
>>
get a job
>>
>>381206019
I'm personally an idort mustard race, but I can give you quite simple answer in behalf of the consolikids:

They just don't care.
They THINK that console gaming is still "just sooo much easier!", totally ignoring all the obligatory updates, all the hoops you gotta jump through just to get gaming started (create an account, sync with SO.ME. accounts, update, validate, install games on HDD, update its files...).

Sure, not ALL games need 60fps to enjoyable, but sub-30 in a late-2010s AAA action title is just pure laziness.

>>381206394
Then there's these people, who think that it's OK literally waste money. Exactly the kind of morons who buy a new 900$ iPhone every other month, just because it's "trendy" and they can get away with it.
>>
File: 1487145272992.gif (1024KB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1487145272992.gif
1024KB, 184x141px
>Are you ''afraid'' of PC gaming? Does it seem too complicated?
i love how mustards think people believe they are the rocket scientists of gaming
>>
>>381206621
wow you sound like a faggot
>>
>>381206394
I actually made this thread at work.
>>381206621
But, at least on /v/, you would thinkt hat people are informed? Just enough to know that paying full price for half the frames isn't logical...? I am very confused honestly.
Also, of course i own multiple consoles, too. Multiplats alone don't cut it.
>>
>>381206879
Not OP, but have you actually seen the trash console fanbois spew out? They tend to always list out a pile of simple, mundane tasks that "take sooo much time, when I just want to play vidya, man!", making it sound like we'd be still living the early 90s DOS days.

The other "argument" are used games, which too are a null point when you can get brand new games day 1 for half the retail price (or less) on PC side.

>>381207149
You're not helping your kind's imago, kiddo.
>>
>>381206621
>sub-30 in a late-2010s AAA action title is just pure laziness

no, it's a design decision, do you have any idea how optimization works?
>>
>>381206879
I implied the exact opposite. PC gaming is easy. It needs some trial and error but you should be able to find the right parts and program your bios to your liking.
So tell me, why are you ok for paying full price to play at half the frames?
>>
>>381207236
I have a 1070, cucklord

>>381207221
A real one
>>
>>381207303
Crossbuy :)
>>
>durr hurr for 30 fps hurr 60 fps sure hurr pc durr peasant 30 fps fps fps master racehurrrrrr
>>
>>381207240
>optimization
Optimizng a game to run on specific hardware is actually a better word for ''Forced Downgrade so it can be playable''
>>381207319
13€ per hour is pretty good for the things i do.
>>
>>381207436
so you don't know how optimization works, got it
>>
>>381206019
xnigger here.
My reasoning is pretty simple.
I have no plans on having the piece of shit that is "Windows" touch my personal computer where I do work in.
I bought an xbox to play my games in because I don't give a shit what the underlying system my time wasting tool runs. I just use it to blow off some steam.
Also I don't really care about fps. I really just watched the 2016 and 2015 e3 presentations for xbox and ps4 and picked up my console based on the games shown. Even though I mostly play multiplats
>>
>>381207435
It's not about memes and shitflinging, i seriously want to know how it is acceptable for people to pay full price and get half the frames.
>>
>>381207221
>But, at least on /v/, you would thinkt hat people are informed?
You're forgetting that nowadays, tons of Anons are literal phone posters.

It always shocks me when I ask people "why don't you just play [old game] on PC you're typing this very moment?" and they reply "lol wut Im onna iphone :)"

>>381207240
>it's a design decision
A shitty one.
>do you have any idea how optimization works?
Yes:
-You atlas objects and textures to reduce draw calls.
-You improve your code to reduce pointless repetition.
-You use context sensitive compression methods to achieve best quality:filesize ratio.
-You eliminate pointless data, be it visual elements or just shit you store in memory.

source: I'm an oldass amateur dev. Half of this shit can be automated in all major game engines nowadays, including Unity. If a motherfucking mobile phone can get steady 60fps with UE4, there's no excuse a 400 buck console would not do the same.

>>381207319
>I have a 1070, cucklord
...Yes, and?
You're either baiting hard, or seriously unaware how toxic the worst console children can be.
>>
>>381207558
not everybody's a screeching autist such as yourself.
>>
>>381206019
Because normies buy consoles, and they only want to play vidya. They don't give a fuck about the difference between 30 fps and 60. Most probably don't even notice the difference.
>>
>>381207517
If it's not forced downgrade, what's it then? Do you think nintendo wanted ocarina of time to run at 20fps? Do you have any idea how hard it was for Rare to make dk64 run at 20fps? Or do you imply that downgrading witcher 3 to medium settings and lock it to 30fps is optimizing and not downgrade? Nintendo optimized f-zero X to run at 60fps on the n64, one of 2 games on the system to do that. That's why the textures are single colored, because they had to massively downgrade the textures of the game in order for it to run at 60fps. Which is refered to as optimizing.
Explain it to me.
>>
File: 01b[1].png (30KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
01b[1].png
30KB, 640x400px
>>381207631
>amateur

clearly. There's always going to exist a tradeoff between graphics and frames. If the dev wants to push extra fidelity at the cost of 30fps, then as long as it's stable it's not a big deal.
>>
>>381207303
no you implied exactly that. that people think its complicated and the master race must be SO intelligent. you have zero self awareness
as for your question, it is not directed at me. less than 5% of games i play on console are also on pc. thats hardly worth the purchase of a middle class pc, as all pc games that i care about are rpg maker games, touhou and other japanese games that can be played on a "toaster"
>>
>>381207771
>If it's not forced downgrade, what's it then?
A trade off, Christ you're thick
>>
>>381206621
>They just don't care.
>They THINK that console gaming is still "just sooo much easier!", totally ignoring all the obligatory updates, all the hoops you gotta jump through just to get gaming started (create an account, sync with SO.ME. accounts, update, validate, install games on HDD, update its files...).
And pc is better how?
>>
>>381207545
>I have no plans on having the piece of shit that is "Windows" touch my personal computer where I do work in.
This is so far the only understandable explanation i have gotten so far. Thank you. If you only play video games ocassionaly to blow off some stea as you said, it's probabyl better to just buy a console. Agreed.
>>
>>381207674
Now you are just projecting.
>>
I don't give a shit about frames, I think it's silly that it's your main point. I'm not paying for frames, I'm paying for things like gameplay, level design, graphic design and visuals, soundtrack, etc, which can all work even sub 30 fps.

I play mostly on PC but my consoles have exclusives I wouldn't be able to enjoy otherwise. I also buy console multiplats when the PC port is late, bad or expensive. I also buy my favourite games on several platforms just because.
>>
File: 21212334234.jpg (21KB, 429x515px) Image search: [Google]
21212334234.jpg
21KB, 429x515px
>>381207861
a trade off because you can't have both. Meaning, you have to sacrifice either graphcis for fps or vise versa. AKA an Downgrade.
>>
>>381207558
>how it is acceptable for people to pay full price and get half the frames.

Because people are fine with it and it's a lot less compacted than building a PC just for a somewhat better experience.
>>
>>381206019
Because framerate is probably one of, if not the absolute, least important characteristics in enjoying a game? Seems fairly obvious. The eye-candy is nice, but it's really just a surface-level consideration.

Hell, it's 2017 and the best game I played this year was a sprite-based platformer that could have been released with only slight downgrades in 1997.
>>
>>381206019
1) I don't play multiplayer games so the difference in response times 30 vs 60 is pretty negligible.
2) Personally, my eyes find 60 FPS kind of uncanny and unsettling.
3) I'm sure the math is there but since I don't pirate, buying a $400 console every 5-8 years feels cheaper than upgrading multiple PC parts every 2-3 (remember, no multiplayer = no XBL or PS+).
>>
>>381207221
>at least on /v/, you would thinkt hat people are informed
Hahahaha, fuck no, it's full of shitposters who don't even fucking play videogames and spend their time false flagging and start retarded console wars.
>>
>>381207853
Then you only play Exclusive games, which is the only reason to get a console for.
That's it, that answered my question. This is acceptable, because like i said, console first party exclusive are of higher quality and simply better than multiplats.
>>
>>381208114
We both know it's not just a ''somewhat'' better experience.
>>
>>381208257
Depends on the game really.
>>
File: 1497900139864.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1497900139864.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>381207783
>There's always going to exist a tradeoff between graphics and frames.
There would not be a need for one, if you actually did your job well and not just try to stick to a pointless release date that makes even your 200 man team cut corners.

Then again, especially modern AAA devs are making games for dead on arrival -tier consoles, that are barely on par with mid-tier mobile components of the year 2011.

When a 2009 built PC with couple years newer low-end GPU can get 60fps at 1080p, with some AA and AF as well, in mid-2010s games, you know there's something horribly wrong with the development practices of the games you're trying to defend.

>>381207902
That's just the thing: they are technically the same now. Been for almost a decade.

PC wins purely by the fact that you got way more freedom on everything. Not to mention the vastly lower game prices, and no need to pay to play online.
>>
>>381208118
So you haven't played BotW yet.
>>381208120
you buy a console for 400 bucks and pay 60 for every game. If you buy 5 games, youi have already payed more than you would ever had with a PC. I still have 8gigs of ram on my pc and it's more than enough to erun everything at 60fps. Considering that my rx480 is better than the xbox one x, there wont be a need to buy antoher one for at least 4 years.
You are a bit uninformed.
>>
>>381208326
I agree with that. Games like BotW would be Slightly better at 60fps, but racing games like driveclub would be a lot better at 60fps.
>>
It's rarely an issue. Consoles are convenient, given that I want one regardless for the exclusives. I rarely play PC games anymore, so certainly won't be upgrading my PC anyway.

You also get half the franerate of someone playing at 120, 240, etc. There is a point where it matters and when it doesn't. 60fps is better, but not worth more to me.
>>
>>381208401
Not him, but BOTW struggles to maintain 30 fps and still manages to look terrible. I bet you're just pretending.
>>
>>381208401
Who the fuck said I buy games on release at full price?
>>
>>381208697
botw looks great though
>>
>>381208697
I play mainly on PC, and yet Lost Woods had the most ''Stop and stare'' moments i had in quite some time.
>>
>>381206019
Best thing about console for online multiplayer gaming is besides the quality of the internet connection everyones on the same hardware
>>
>>381208047
whatever, dude. Spaz all you want, it's an unavoidable consequence of physics, but it comes with the benefit of extra compatibility and less glitchy performance compared to PC gaming.
>>
>>381206019
A better question anon is why are you crying about it like some faggot?
>>
>>381208740
>>381208770
Yeah. Skyrim stone textures look great, gave me the most "stop and stare" moment in my entire life. Those opinions amount to nothing.

Even the most rabid Zelda fanboys admit the game looks terrible compared to what they were promised five years back.
>>
>>381206019

So what are you trying to say exactly. Because they get 30fps instead of 60 the price should reflect the framerate? $30 perhaps?

What you seem to be overlooking is the framerate is a result of the hardware not the software title. If you cheaped out on a PC you would get 30fps too and steam would not discount the game for you just because you bought a low end computer.

I only play on a PC btw. You're just a retard.
>>
>>381206019
They got used to games running like shit and need a reason to justify their purchase. There you go. Nobody who ever played something with proper frame rate cane tolerate the 30 fps which currently the majority of big titles sadly are.
>>
>>381209085
>Even the most rabid Zelda fanboys admit the game looks terrible compared to what they were promised five years back.

sure okay
>>
>>381209086
That would be to easy to abuse, you have a toaster that lets you buy all your games for 1$ then load them all up on your $3000 hyper rig
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 1024x578px
>>381206019
First of all, stop buyig your vidya for as much as 60 bucks wether its on PC or whatever the fuck, and second anon, it goes something like this:
>hey man, ready to play? (i dunno, lets say Resident Evil VII)
>sure! But im not current gen! PS3/360/toaster laptop for work! What do!
>well you will need a modern console or a Good PC, PS4's are about £200 and a good PC is probably £750-£1000
>is it the same game anyway?
>well yeah bu-
>ONE PS4 PLEASE

Wow OP that sure was hard. And if you don't belive that this happens in the majoraty of all cases then i don't know how to get you out of your bubble.
>>
>>381206019
theres oddles of responces out there to explain why someone would want a console instead of a pc.

but the easiest tidbit is that most of these gamers dont want gaming pcs. as in, if consoles suddenly all exploded tomorrow, and were banned worldwide, then those people would just stop playing games.
>>
>>381209326
why would he get PS4 with x1x just around the corner?
>>
>>381209289

Sure. The example is to show how silly the idea is.

Software companies are not going to lose money because people cheap out on computer hardware/buy consoles.

The entire premise is ridiculous.
>>
>>381206019

Several years ago I started working. I was sharing a flat, didn't have savings and almost no space. A console near the TV was the optimal and cheaper solution.

Now I own my place and have a PC. Plan on buying PS4 for the exclusives on Xmas though.
>>
>>381208401
>you buy a console for 400 bucks and pay 60 for every game

What the fuck are all these assumptions kid? I bought a PS4 for just under £300 and very rarely pay £40 for a game
>>
File: injustice-2.jpg (336KB, 1481x812px) Image search: [Google]
injustice-2.jpg
336KB, 1481x812px
>>381206019
Anon nobody gives a fuck about framerate or performance. Console gamers just care of about the graphics, gameplay, playing with friends and Netflix/watching movies. Multiplats run fine on my on ps4, ps3, ps2 and og xbox and I never had a problem playing them and beating the games. You don't need a pc unless your so obsessed with framerates or a csgo or Dota/lol fag. You guys take this shit hobby way too serious if your just spending $1000+ just play videogames anon.
>>
File: 1325536774534.jpg (12KB, 150x132px) Image search: [Google]
1325536774534.jpg
12KB, 150x132px
>>381207558
>i seriously want to know how it is acceptable for people to pay full price and get half the frame

Let me spell it out for you since you are ignoring the several reasons people are giving you.

YOU DON'T PAY FOR GAMES BASED ON HOW MANY FPS YOU GET

Another reason is that people don't care much about fps, MUH 144FPS puritan retards are a tiny but very annoying minority (you included), the vast majority of PC gamers are poor Brazilians and Russians playing DotA on toasters.

>but but I don't get why people are playing on consoles I just don't get it hurr
You do get it, don't play dumb you shitposting motherfucker, people just don't care about the "benefits´´ you get on PC, it's that simple.
>>
>>381209414
Because thats what people do anon.
>>
>>381209786

What would you say are your favourite 2 games from that pile, Tyrone?
>>
>>381206019
1. I don't have a gaming PC so if have to build one from scratch. My current PC is a pre-built I use for old games and emulation
2. Playing anything but strategy on KBM is a pain for me. My left hand got crushed in high school and my left 3 fingers don't work the best. They're fine for pretty much everything except gaming and playing music
3. I don't really care about performance that much. For me Comfort > Performance

Hope that gives you an idea
>>
>>381209732
Why buy the same exact game, at full price, but play it at half the frames? You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>381206019
This pc master race shit is hilarious because you can easily tell the people gloating about this trash are underage shitstatins that started playing games at all with an xbox 360 or something of sorts.

Anyone who has actually experienced the highlight of PC as a gaming platform knows that it's been a straight downhill since the 90s.

At that time you had TRUE pc games that would utilize the benefits of a mouse and keyboard to the fullest. You had true PC-centric games that weren't hindered by inferior consoles, including high budget exclusives coming out the ass. Just look at the glorious RPGs of the nineties and compare it to the garbage that people are pouring hundreds of hours into, such as Skyrim, which STILL is at the top 10 played games of Steam IIRC.

People are buying 1~2 thousand dollkars PCs so they can play fucking console games with more shitty graphics. Speaking of which, the only games that are even challenging the platform are also console multiplats. Meanwhile, we get trash like Undertale that looks worse than fucking NES games.

If anyone had told me in the early 00s that this is how the PC scene would end up I would have seriously burst out laughing at their faces and yet here we are. It's just fucking pathetic but the problem is that preaching like this is 100% useless. You're not gonna suddenly make the underage minecraft-obsessed asswipes that inhabit these boards to suddenly realize it because they only started playing after it had hit rock bottom. Naturally, they simply don't know any better.

Choosing your platform based on games is a sentiment that is lost on many PCMR people, to them hardware and compute units is the only thing that matters and its sad people get brainwashed into thinking that way

Which is why whenever anyonce tries to discuss actual pc gaming, you only hear shit about specs, but ask about the actual GAMES these shistains are playing and you get silence or decade old shit like Stalker at the very best
>>
>>381206019

>Pc sperg thinks normal people care about fps
>>
>>381209954
i use 4 different controllers for my pc. Xbox one S, xbox 360, dualschock 3 and a gamecube controller for melee and dolphin in general.
You are missinformed if you think thay keyboard + mouse is the only way to play your games on PC. It's also hooked to my TV via hdmi cable.
>>
>>381206879
and yet 99% of them play on $300 laptops and can't use the command line. It's really something special.
>>
>>381206019
PCCuck here, although was a consoletard. I'll be honest, it was because we were lazy DESU. We just wanted to put in a game and have it work. We didn't really mind the updates, because the only requirement was the console.
>>
File: 1386862997094.png (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1386862997094.png
18KB, 225x225px
>>381209983
Are you implying everyone has a good PC just laying around and they are ignoring it to play on consoles or something?
Dude, like, dude, people who play multi-plats on consoles (most of the time) don't have a 'gaming' PC
Why?
Refer to my previous post:
>people just don't care about the "benefits´´ you get on PC, it's that simple.
>>
>>381206019
The most played on steam are crap
>>
>>381206019
Just saying i've bought the Witcher 3 on PS4 first, played it with lots of fun.

Got it on my PC now and although the Graphics might be somewhat more pleasing i've come to the conclusion that Sound output is more important and my 20 bucks logitechs i use on the PC barely cut it in comparison with my 300 Eu soundplate. ( Got it for 240 but still )
>>
>>381206019
I have had 15 consoles in my life. i use 2 right now (PS3, PS4) i only use my PC to play roms and now that i've moved them over to my ipad i dont really play those that much. I have never once considered frame rate. I hear people talking about this all the time. I have never once played a game and cared about it.
>>
>>381206019
Console gaming's target audience are normal people who most likely don't even know what FPS is.
>>
>>381210116
I have an Xbox One adapter for mine but i also don't wanna get anally destroyed in competitive shooters when I want to play online. Now if Microsoft introduces permanently cross play with Windows 10 without an option opt out idk what I'm gonna do. Halo and Gears are really the only shooters I care about left
>>
>>381206019
I have a 970/6700k computer. I don't mind 30 fps at all and would rather aim for better graphics.
>>
>>381210213
This. Mustards are just casuals with too much money
>>
>>381208401
>2017
>8GB RAM
>>
Dear PCcuck, your shitcase has none of the jappo games i enjoy, and when they it does, it's years late.

t. actually plays finished games and not early access open world crafting betas.
>>
>>381210046
What's with this post? Yes, it's no secret that the only devs that actually made PC exclusive games post 2000 like Valve stopped doing them altogether or are multiplat now like Blizzard with overwatch.
The PS4, xbox one and PC share at least 95% of their game library. All of them, with the exception of very very few games like DMC3, Look and run a LOT better on PC, for cheaper.
My question was, seeing as how all three platfomrs share the same games, why get them on Consoles for full price knwoing that you get a much downgraded version of the SAME game?
Again, yes, consoles are the only platforms with actual exclsuives since... more than a decade ago. But this wasn't my question.
>>
>>381206019
I think it's a matter of compromise. Why do you pay more for a laptop that does less than its supposed desktop equal? Because you compromise for the comfort of carrying your computer around.
Consoles offer a somewhat cheap machine, at least in terms of entry price, that are designed all around to be tucked in a shelf and be connected to a large screen in a living room, interface and all. They offer some sort of communal play, even if the game is single player, simply by allowing people to sit next to the player and watch.
So people compromise.
>>
>>381210209
People are just uninformed or simply don't have the money.
>>381210213
Every ''most played'' game son any platform are crap. 9/10 of the top sellers on the ps4 are CoD, Fifa, Battlefield, GTA 5, assassins creed etc.
>>
>>381210539
You are disregarding every single answer you get and repeating the question again and again. Looks like you just want to shitpost
>>
>>381209983
because consoles different from PC and better suited to gaming in certain situations.
>>
>>381210231
Ok? Just hook your pc to the TV, like i did. I do agree sound is actually more important.
>>
>>381210310
Yes that'S why i am asking /v/. Which is supposed to be just a tiny bit more informed than the average consumer.
>>381210405
That's my point. You don't need to upgrade every 2 years.
>>
>>381210768
>Ok? Just hook your pc to the TV
consoles are more TV friendly though
>>
>>381210209
>people just don't care
So they're retards and deserve all the shit they get. At least you admit it.
>>
>>381210654
No, you just don't answer my question and sway away by stating obvious facts that nobody asked.
look at >>381207912 >>381209579 and >>381207980

They answered it without the projecting that comes with half of your post.
>>
>>381211007
>all the shit they get
What shit? They are casually enjoying themselves and having fun
>>
>>381211007
>everyone else is just a retard lmao
>/r/pcgamingmasterrace amiright xD
>>
>>381210894
What does that even mean? You can have less input lag on your PC even while playing on TV.
>>
>>381211086
>>381211086
So people answered you, you still are asking the same question over and over again, nice shitposting thread, better keep circlejerking it up!
>>
>>381211120
>What shit?
I don't know, like paying Full price for Half the FPS? And payed online?
>>
>>381211292
>So people answered you
Yes and i replied to them, yet more posts where made in the thread and i reply to said posts because i might find even more answers and perspectives to further understand the reasoning behind their decisiont o buy multiplats on Consoles.
Do i really have to state the obvious again? You can have the last word though, go ahead and get it over with.
>>
>>381211329
why are you still parroting this? no one cares about frames except the 5% of PC gaymers who aren't using $200 laptops for free to play games, because that's literally what 95% of you do.
>>
>>381211329
Nobody cares about that bro, are you this unaware?
>>
>>381206019

I just dont care.

As an example, i played Tomb Raider reboot shortly after it released on PC with max settings, played it at a friends place on his Xbox 360.

At first i was like "wow this looks like shit compared to pc", but after a while you dont care about texture quality or whatever during PLAYING. After finishing an area i felt i had the same experience i get when playing at home on my PC.

While better graphics make the game LOOK better, it doesn't makes the game itself better.

>tl;dr
I play games, i dont analyze them and look at the floor-textures for hours like a retard that is obsessed with muh graffix.
>>
>>381211447
>no one cares about frames
The average consumer, yes. That's why i am asking /v/ which is suppsoed to be a bit more knowledgable about video games. Why buy a full priced game when you KNOW you will get half the frames?
>95% of you
I am a nintendo fan mostly.
>>
>>381211764
>I am a nintendo
Well that explains this thread
>>
>>381211910
And again, no answer. I suppose you trully don't mind paying Full price for Half the frames.
>>
>>381212138
Aparently neither do you??
>>
>>381211536
>i dont analyze them and look at the floor-textures for hours like a retard that is obsessed with muh graffix.
Who said anything about muh graphix? We are talking about frames here. And you enjoy paying full price for half the frames. This isn't something to brag about.
Fuck me you people are dense.
>>
>>381207236
>Not OP, but have you actually seen the trash console fanbois spew out? They tend to always list out a pile of simple, mundane tasks that "take sooo much time, when I just want to play vidya, man!", making it sound like we'd be still living the early 90s DOS days.

"Works on my machine ;)" - the post.
>>
>>381206019
Didn't read your novel, but thirty frames looks way better on consoles.

Choppy on PC, smooth on PS4. Got no fucking clue why.
>>
>>381206019
I don't mind it at all. Also, playing on a console feels just right.
>>
>>381212367
You have to enable something called ''vertical sync''/v-snyc in short.
>>
>>381212138
I don't care about fps so yeah
>>
>>381211764
>Why buy a full priced game when you KNOW you will get half the frames?
Console has better design and UI for couch gameplay, xbone interfaces with your cable box and controls your entire home theatre setup, it's nice to have a box that's designed to just werk, games ate not priced based on fps, a stable framerate is what's important, and crossbuy gives me both versions for the price of one:)
>>
>>381212467
Dude, I'm not dumb. Obviously I do that.
>>
>>381212508
You unironically feel smug about buying an xbox one? Well.
>>
>>381212684
It's probably because console has a more stable framerate thanks to being a single target spec

>>381212730
Not an argument :)
>>
OP sure needs some validation.
Yes OP you are so superior to dumb normies
Yes OP you get the full fps with your superior platform choice
Yes OP you are very smart and knowledgeable
Yes OP building a PC is really easy and I don't understand why everyone is not doing it
>>
>>381206019
>Are you ''afraid'' of PC gaming? Does it seem too complicated?
You seem to assume that normal people even acknowledge PC gaming. It's not a thing to them, it's something that's far too expensive and requires to much setup to even care. No one but enthusiasts give two shits about framerate (Unless it drops to disgusting levels) or resolution (Unless it's used to disparage another console). On top of this a a PC doesn't "Feel" the same as gaming on a console, there's far more steps involved in getting things to work, if you want the thing on your TV instead of a monitor you have to move a keyboard and mouse to your couch on top of the controller unless you for some reason want SteamOS/autoboot into Big Picture mode, and then you have to deal with specs, bugfixes, drivers, and so on.

The reason people play multiplats on console despite the massive advantages PC brings is several reasons:
>PC doesn't "feel" the same as a console.
To understand this, it's like if I put a Mario game on a Microsoft console and told you to play it with a 360 controller. It just feels very off compared to being on a Nintendo console using a Nintendo controller despite being the same power and the same mthod of input.
>You can instantly go from power on to playing in like 20 seconds.
>You don't need to worry about mods, bugfixes, crashes (Generally), drivers, or setup.
Patches still have to be dealt with but you can just boot the game without caring.
>You don't have to jump through hoops to get certain controllers working (Sony)
>All of your friends are on consoles to begin with unless you are some sort of special case that lives in Europe and has only ever played PC games.
>You don't have to get part upgrades or sacrifice graphical fidelity while consoles are balanced around a certain graphical choice whereas on PC you'd have to massively downgrade your experience if you don't upgrade, and as the generation goes on games get more demanding.

PC gaming is a niche for a niche.
>>
>>381212827
Now you are just shitposting.
>>
>>381212894
>You seem to assume that normal people even acknowledge PC gaming.
again, i am not talking about the normal people. I am talking about /v/. And yes PC gaming is far from perfect, it needs a lot of time and trail and errors until you get it right. And then again, you might need to downgrade your driver from time to time because it doesn't play X game (Nier automata, AMD).
I play multiplats mostly on an xbox one s controller. But still, i kinda understand what you mean that it feel soff. Even playing super mario world on the Wii's virtual consoel felt off.
>>
>>381213049
>gets BTFO
>y-you're just shit posting

Don't forget xbone peripherals are much more compatible with Windows than PS4's are
>>
Guys I need a new PC. Gimme a budget build (600-700).
>>
File: img2243S.jpg (190KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
img2243S.jpg
190KB, 2048x1152px
>>381213257
>Don't forget xbone peripherals are much more compatible with Windows
Well.. ok? I know that.
>>
>>381213504
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>PC fags have manage to unite micro$hills and sonynyggers for a thread

bravo
>>
>>381213620
>>381213504
Though i strongly recommend getting an rx480
>>
File: kek.jpg (10KB, 123x190px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
10KB, 123x190px
>>381213698
Buying
A
Game
At
Full
Price
Althoguh
You
KNOW
It
Has
HALF
The
Frames
i will NEVER udnerstand.
>>
>>381213253
>again, i am not talking about the normal people. I am talking about /v/.
/v/ may have more enthusiasts than most places but it's still got its fair share of lazy normal people. Yes, ideally everyone would play multiplats on PC but who gives a shit? I play multiplats on my console because
>Physical copy that isn't just a Steam install
>Using a controller is native and doesn't feel off or poorly programmed like it tends to be on PC, XInput is fantastic but it's random if games support it or not.
>Trophies/Achievements, Steam Achievements are absolute shit.
>Active community for extremely niche games compared to PC where they stick to the classics (Doom, Quake, Call of Duty 4, TF2, Starcraft, etc) so even in the middle of the night you can get games in shit like Singularity.
>Friends are actually on it and can actually pair up with me if I want compared to PC where people haven't upgraded their computers in ages just like me so we can only really play the classic games.
>My consoles can play the game at 1080p 30FPS usually and will continue to do this for its entire lifetime whereas on PC I would have to upgrade my system once or twice in 5-7 years just to keep up 1080p 30FPS let alone 60FPS.
Want an example? Dishonored, Mass Effect's jump from 1 to 2, Oblivion, and Skyrim all required upgrades than if you started the generation with lower specs whereas the console stayed with the same specs and they optimized it better. This same PC I have right now can run Oblivion at 1080p 30 FPS and it can barely run Skyrim at 1080p 20 FPS with drops.

Hell, I played TF2 on 360 for like three years before I bothered playing it on PC because I enjoyed all the unpatched glitches and the friends I made at the time.
>>
>>381213816
sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>381213531
Just another reason to get an xbone if you're looking for a console to get
>>
>>381213816
Nice
Projection
>>
>>381213816
Thats on you OP, you have had entire thread of people tell you they wont pay DOUBLE the price or TRIPLE the price of a console just for double the fps.
>>
>>381213852
>>Physical copy that isn't just a Steam install
Agreed
>XInput
This is the reason i switched to w10 officially compatible products like the xbone s controller
>Trophies/Achievements, Steam Achievements are absolute shit.
Steam in general is shit. I only buy throgh GoG. Fuck DRM.
>Active community for extremely niche games
I play melee so i kinda understand your point. Although netplay is very active as of 2017.
>Friends are actually on it
This is subjective. Whenever i play with friends, it's either on the wii/gamecube (melee) or it's an online game like league, counter strike, rocket league and the likes (which i don't particularly like, but everything is fun with friends.
>My consoles can play the game at 1080p 30FPS usually and will continue to do this for its entire lifetime whereas on PC
I build a pc in 2011 and upgraded it last year. So 5-6 years once is true. I won't have to upgrade again for a very very long time and the games will be 60fps instead of the consoles 30fps (from the start of the gen til the end)
You have more options in general. If you don't mind the games running at 30fps, don't upgrade. You don't have options on consoles. If it runs at 30fps, that's it.
>>
>>381214430
nice blogpost
>>
>>381214428
What? PC games are free.
>buy console for 300
>buy 10 games x 60 (all of them at HALF the FUCKIHNG FRAMES)
>you now paid 900 already
>Buy PC for 1000
>All games are free forever and ever
I still buy niche games to support the devs like vanquish recently and bayonetta. Bu ti have the option to not do so. I also have the option to get a 400 dollar PC if i don't mind the 30fps.
Options, you know. Free market. You console commies. Lamao
>>
>>381214610
>>All games are free forever and ever
since when?
>>
I only play WarThunder which is crossplatform in the true sense of the word(ps4/pc. And android in planes)
Love how PC fags think they are pro just because PC.
PS4 lets me drive tanks way better than PC and they get pwnd because they know shit about sidescraping or shooting thru destructible houses.
>>
>>381214610
>all of the games

Wot? Thats not true at all. Here playing Yakuza 0 at 1080 60fps. I believe thats 0fps on PC?
>>
>>381214430
>You have more options in general. If you don't mind the games running at 30fps, don't upgrade.
Except, again, the system will have to be upgraded at some point in the generation if you want to play at 30 FPS, especially 60. Most people do not want to drop $500~ for computer parts when they can get an entire brand new console AND games for the same price. I sure as hell would rather pick a Switch and four games over upgrading this PC.
>>
>>381206019
For me it is because:
I don't enjoy multiplayer games that you can't play together on a couch.
Crap internet in the middle of the woods which makes buying digital games useless and compounds the non local multiplayer problem.
Personal preference of bot caring about fps as long as it is above 20.
>>
>>381214732
DELETE THIS POST NOW
>>
>>381214774
>I don't enjoy multiplayer games that you can't play together on a couch.

Unfortunately that's not much of a reason to buy a console for this gen ...:(
>>
>>381214732
>sega
soon.....
>>
>>381215173
>soon....

Not good enough.
>>
File: 1367698479677.jpg (92KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1367698479677.jpg
92KB, 435x435px
A majority of players are casual consumers, meaning they usually get one console to play new games on and don't have the budget or time to dedicate to multiple consoles, let alone a PC as well
That's why a majority of PS4 owners play multiplats, a majority of game releases are multiplats so most likely they will be playing a multiplat
I play multiplats on PC and exclusives on PS4
>>
Bought a mid end pc few years ago but ijust cant be arsed with a pc. I have absolutely almost no joy playing on pc at all. Shit keeps crashing and i dont feel like wasting money on pc parts to upgrade it. Nobody wants to spend too much time upgrading and maintining a pc if we'll only play like 6-8 hours a week. Whats the point honestly
>>
>>381207558
Your parents raised you for years yet you're not even half as useful as the average contributing member to society
>>
>>381217280
wow

roasted
>>
I prefer to play on handhelds, I have a ps4 but i play all its games through remote play and all the games I play on pc are old/niche/obscure shit that can be run on a toaster.

The one AAA console game that all of my friends and I play together (destiny) I prefer to play on my vita for comfort and convenience, I've gotten used to it enough to casually do raids and pvp on the thing. If it works well enough for the sequel I'm gonna continue playing it through remote play (though I'd prefer that they all switch to pc to give me an actual reason to upgrade mine). I like to blow all my disposable income on other things since I already have the hardware to run all the games I want for now
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.