[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game is 8k >30 fps You know it's going to happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1497333803857.jpg (47KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1497333803857.jpg
47KB, 400x323px
>Game is 8k
>30 fps

You know it's going to happen
>>
Look, I love 60 fps as much as the next guy.
But we also cant lie to ourselves, some games have gameplay where 60 fps is not required in any way. I'd rather have those developers work on the artstyle and story(30 fps games tend to have focus on story)

Movies run at 24 fps, but its not like it burns my eyes, and movies that run above 24 look wack.
>>
>>381197982

I agree that it depends on the genre, I'd prefer if action adventure games stick to 30 fps so that the graphical fidelity is better and the game is more immersive. But 8k is too fucking far, even 4k is, are the diminishing returns worth sacrificing a big performance boost?
>>
File: 1475158491018.jpg (68KB, 448x529px) Image search: [Google]
1475158491018.jpg
68KB, 448x529px
>tfw demand for 4k-capable hardware is driving down the price of 1080p stuff to historically low levels
>>
Let's not get ahead of ourselves

First there'll be """"8K"""" 30fps, then yet newer consoles will come around and will have "usually" 8K at 30fps.

After that there surely be a new gimmick because people won't even be able to tell the difference unless there's glued to the screen (or the screen is glued to them, maybe VR will have finally picked up). You need some excuse to keep selling new hardware, especially TVs. Can't have your TV from 20 years ago being good enough. Surely the new gimmick will make it hard to be 60fps still.
>>
My pc already does that
>>
>>381197982
>movies = games
I'm not going to bother explaining why your comparison is retarded.
>>
>>381197805
As long as consolex exist and there's a ridiculous demand for hyper-realistic graphics, the standard will always be 30fps, or probably even decrease to 24fps for that extra cinematic experience.
>>
>>381198834

this is obvious you faggot, but please tell me where it became law that video games must oblige to the golden rule of always running at least 60 fps?
cant wait to play my visual novel at a buttery smooth 60 fps
>>
>>381199368
I want 60fps even on VN myself

watching menus slug around on 30fps feels pretty bad

imagine shitposting on /v/ while scrolling at 30fps
>>
File: 1497078842466.jpg (45KB, 691x530px) Image search: [Google]
1497078842466.jpg
45KB, 691x530px
>>381197805
30 fps seems a little ambitious.
>>
not a huge fan of uncharted, but the framerate was way more enjoyable because it didnt dip even in the most hectic moments.

meanwhile Nier a tomato struggle to maintain 60fps can dips constantly if you choose the sprint a few feet.

Not saying Nier is bad or uncharted is good but
stable framerate > unstable 30/60 whatever
>>
>>381197982
i'd say 45-50fps is good enough for cinematic games, but 24 fps is just not smooth enough for vidya
>>
Why does it have to be either of the 2? Why not make a nice compromise of a solid 45fps?
>>
>>381197982
That's because movies are slow as fuck. Moving the camera in any 30fps game makes the entire image blurred beyond recognition
>>
>>381200775
Refresh rates and tearing dumbass
>>
>>381199368
Why did you strawman me? You didn't even manage to correctly identify what I said I wasn't going to explain.
>>
>>381199854
This. All console apologists should be forced to lock their monitor and phone screen refresh rates to 30hz
>>
>>381197982
Speak for yourself, once any type of game drops to below 60 it becomes noticeable, and when it hits 40 it become extremely annoying.
movies are meant to sit back relax and watch, video games are interactive.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.