[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HDR is a bigger improvement than the jump to 4K.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: ps_messages_20170520_xpuxb.jpg (410KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ps_messages_20170520_xpuxb.jpg
410KB, 1920x1080px
HDR is a bigger improvement than the jump to 4K.
>>
>>381194898
both are useless if you're not playing at 60fps
>>
>>381194898
>jump to 4K
>big improvement
what
>>
60fps is a bigger improvement than the jump to HDR
Unfortunately consoles still aren't capable of this
>>
>>381194898
Agreed, it’s much more noticeable.
>>
Can someone explain what this recent push for HDR is about? Haven't games had that for nearly decade?
>>
I don't really know what HDR is, but that looks ugly as sin. Glare and flares are an absolute crime.
>>
>>381194898
Yeah but MS also has both. Sorry, sonylet :/
>>
Both are blatant horseshit.
>>
>>381194898
No it isn't you retard and 4k isn't even that much of a jump.

God damn console retards. You've never even seen ultra graphics, graphical mods, or 120fps. You don't know anything.

>>381195080
They're just talking about higher color standards, expensive monitors have had it for a long time.
>>
>>381195080
Just realized that HL2: Lost Coast actually came out more than a decade ago. Why is HDR being hyped again?
>>
>>381195415
Old HDR would dim the game when you looked at something bright and brighten the game when you looked at something dark, in order to properly see the colors within wildly different luminescent ranges. New HDR just produces scenes closer to how we see things in real life, so you can see colors better in the dark and in the light of a given scene in a a movie or video game. An example the shills use is a concert stage at night, you could see both the dark crowd and the lit stage very well.

It's not even something people would notice though and the vast majority of games don't even develop with that level of artistry. It's better utilized in movies and even there it barely matters.
>>
>>381194898
>what I have is best, what I can't have is bad!
A literal cult. prayers, prayers, prayers.
>>
>>381195137

I agree with this anon. Somebody here was not paying the fucking attention on forward raytracing class.

game is still a blast
>>
>>381194898
>Pretend the human eye is a camera meme
>Pretend games are movies meme

It's faggots like OP who perpetuate this shit. Kill yourself, double nigger.
>>
The best HDR tech demos out now are racing games. Wipeout Omega Collection on PS4 Pro and Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One S (looks like it'll be even better on the sting machine).
>>
>>381195375
I’ve been playing 4k ultra HDR on my TV m8
>>
File: 1493926913356.png (670KB, 1010x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1493926913356.png
670KB, 1010x1035px
>>381194898
>makes a thread shilling HDR
>uses direct feed capture to show off HDR to people with screens that don't support it
>>
>>381195970
>people respond saying it doesn't look that good
>>
>>381195970
>HDR would only remove the bloom in the sky and let you see that man's ass better
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>381194934
>he doesn't play everything at 144fps
pleb
>>
and 60fps is an even bigger improvement, but I'm still not fucking seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>381194898

most realistic thing in that picture is just the skybox minus the sun
>>
>>381197005
And it will be even longer before consoles ever get it because of the 4k meme.

THANKS PHIL
>>
>>381194898
They do this every time they need to sell TV's. Just market and implement a useless technology, hype it up, get people to fall for it and shill it for you.
>>
can anyone explain to an ignorant anon how hdr works?
>>
>>381197851
read the thread
>>
yes
it'll just cost your lower body, goyim
>>
>>381197851
Every pixel on your screen can take a value from 0-255. 0 will be completely black while 255 will be one of the primary colors at full blast. This is called a 8 bit display. With HDR you got more than 8 bit to work with. Like, for example a 10 bit screen like the ones that have been used in medical technology each pixel can take a value between 0-1023 giving you more colors to work with.
>>
>"4K is a meme"

At the minute it is, it's literally nothing more than a marketing tool. It'll be a few years until 4K will be viable, we'll hopefully have 4K textures and higher poly count assets to match the pixel count. I just hope we don't reach 2020 and the next big thing is 8K gaming because you can bet your ass we wouldn't of perfected 4K at decent frame rates yet.
>>
>>381201295
We haven't even come close to perfecting 1080p on consoles yet the hell do you think 4k would even get that far?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.