[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think we'll ever get a Saints Row 5?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 2528915-4853251374-cast..jpg (907KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2528915-4853251374-cast..jpg
907KB, 1920x1080px
Do you think we'll ever get a Saints Row 5?
>>
>>381193624
probably not
what would they do? just explore other planets and shit?
>>
>>381193624
not likely. I don't think they're interested anymore
>>
Gat asked God to reboot Earth at the end of Gat out of Hell. Now, Agents of Mayhem is coming out and Gat is in it too. I think SR is dead.
>>
>>381195407
>>381196938
They could easily reboot by having God recreate the world, or some bullshit with aliens sending them back in time.

It would be neat if they did something like this, but sent the saints back to SR2 days. Having to redo the story again, but with different outcomes this time.
>>
>>381197280
It would be neat anon, but I just don't think it'll be happening. The devs seem to have their heads way up their asses for some reason.
>>
>>381197352
>The devs seem to have their heads way up their asses for some reason.
>for some reason
They made Saint's Row as a series rather then let it die as a GTA clone. But they realized there was no where to go, but with fucking crazy. So they could never become as big as GTA, but still left scornful of the abomination they ended up with. There's your reason.
>>
>>381196938
But what happened to the Boss?
>>
>>381196938

Agents of Mayhem is going to bomb hard.

In a few years we'll get a reboot titled simply "Saints Row".
>>
>>381196938
>TFW no police AU ending
>>
They fucked up by putting powers in. Now driving in future games will feel lame because I can fly in the previous one
>>
>>381203423
all they need to do is add in vehicles that have their own cool abilities you don't
>>
>>381193624
SR3 felt like a proper game, IV was just cheap SR3 mod
>>
>>381203557
Still arguarbly the best superhero game though.
>>
>>381193624
lets see,well,they could make the saints land on a planet that has elves and stuff like dragon age
sorta like a parody of that
>>
>>381199690
He became the hero president of the goddamn human race.
>>
>>381203557
but anon, SR4 was superior to SR3 in every way, from the stakes of the story to the fun in the gameplay
>>
>>381203058
But what will bomb harder? AoM or that 30$ game Cliffy is trying to shill?
>>
I didn't play GOOH but according to 4, they have two options:

1.Be in space and protect/expand their empire.

2.Change the timeline.
>>
>>381193624
Dunno. If it follows the track that SR4 was headed down, not sure I even want it. The superpowers were cool, but the game just felt like a pale imitation of SR3. It just came off as lazy. The jokes were less funny and fewer, they harped on the same homages wayyyy too many times (yes, we get it. It's keith david, he was in They Live. It's hilarious.), and the powers / weapons / vehicles model was totally imbalanced.

I liked SR2 quite a lot for being the "wacky cousin" to GTA. And I absolutely LOVED SR3 for taking that concept and just turning all the dials to 11. After playing a lot of serious games, the breath of fresh insanity there was wonderful.

What I would really like to see would be some kind of "Saints Row All-stars" game. Something along the lines of a self-aware soft reboot / mashup where you get all the characters back and there's millions of weapons and vehicles and a huge city etc etc
>>
File: image.png (379KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
379KB, 699x699px
>that flash gordon remix they use in the ads
>>
Gat out of hell was shit btw. There were only activities and challenges nothing else to do.
>>
>>381196938
>Gat out of Hell
How is it? Is it same "all superpowers no guns no cars" bullshit like 4?
>>
>>381205770
I disagree. I liked 3. 4 felt so clunky with the powers. It's like they added them in last minute without changing the engine at all. Felt so broken. Never played the dlc because 4 was enough for me.
>>
>>381207408
you could use guns and cars just fine in 4
>>
>>381207408
Yes in another remade Steelport, only more boring than the other 2 iterations of it. I gladly paid $15 for SRIV because at least it was pretty substantial as a game but GooH was lazy as fuck. Their main selling point was just 'PLAY AS GAT!'.
>>
>>381207540
Yeah, but they weren't nearly as useful as before. Neither were they as satisfying because you could just use capepowers to achieve same goals much faster and easier.

>>381207752
Only SR2 Gat was good.
>>
>>381207887
>Only SR2 everything was good
Fixed. SRIV was alright at best but even if had a shitty as fuck city and the only reason it did well was because Crackdown and Prototype were ancient at the time.
>>
>>381207998
Even though it's the same city, SR3 city was good because you actually had to use it.
>>
>>381208284
I didn't like Steelport at all. Neighbourhoods were samey and dull as fuck to go around in. Everything was just ugly.
>>
>>381206235
>>381203058
AoM looks like it has some redeeming features, even if it will most likely be medicore at best.

Lawbreakers is straight outta 2014 with its full price, multiplayer-only, wannabe e-sports fps chops. When you consider that it has Cliffy B at the helm and nexon backing it, you can pretty much bet that it will be a dead-on-arrival abortion that goes FTP-PTW within a month.
>>
>>381207752
I don't really understand why Gat is popular. His look and voice acting are fine, but his actual dialogue is more of a parody of "bad-ass" characters.
>>
>>381208965

>full price

when will they learn
>>
>>381210273

Was literally about to post this. No idea why they keep promoting him like he's a selling point or a pop culture icon
>>
Just remaster SR2 and remake the SR

The GooH endings were pretty good, especially Aisha's
>>
>>381210273
Is Gat actually popular though? The devs obviously think he's SO ASHUM DOOD, but I can't imagine anyone else thinks he interesting, let alone good compared to the other supporting characters.
>>
>>381210273
He's just a likable bro character in the first and second games. Fans were in an uproar when he was killed off-screen in SR3 and the devs misunderstood this, leading to them severely overestimating how popular Gat is. People just wanted something better than an off-screen demise for a likable character, that was all.
>>
Which boss did you play as in 2? Male or female and which voice?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.