[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Almost two years later and I'm still pissed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 28

File: MGSV-3[1].png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-3[1].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Almost two years later and I'm still pissed.
>>
>>381185446
I'm pissed that we don't have episode 2 or 3, and that my FOB is overflowing with people, but I enjoyed the game
>>
>muh edgy revenge story
Is there a more manchild infested fanbase than Metal Gear?
>>
>>381185446
its a god damn video game get over it ok?
>>
pissed is better than having illusions of a grand ruse that leave you a broken mess when it doesn't pan out
>>
>>381185446
I can't stop building FOBs!
>>
File: 1476058320162.png (666KB, 852x478px) Image search: [Google]
1476058320162.png
666KB, 852x478px
Reminder that this is the canon option.
>>
>>381185784

Metal Gear is probably the furthest thing from edgy m8. People weren't upset they didn't get a revenge story they were upset they didn't get a story at all. Fag didn't even finish his game and then sold it to us for full price with a straight face.
>>
>>381186062
Why shoot her in the chest and not the head?
>>
I can't for these same posts but witg Death Stranding in a few years.
>hype game to ridiculous levels that not even the previous ones ever achieved
>constantly read and watch retarded fanwank theories
>rewatch the trailers like retards
>expect Big Boss to actually lose his mind and kill kids

It's your own damn fault. I can't wait for Death Stranding and round 2 of butthurtness.
>>
CARAMEL
>>
>>381185924
What? Yes you can, there's a limit of 4.
>>
>>381185446
get over yourself
>>
>>381186080
>they didn't get a story at all
That's a very cool meme, my man. I guess it's better to get a game with no story than a story with no gameplay at all like MGS4

>change the tone and structure of your series
>retarded fanbase lie to themselves because they didn't get the wacky anime fanservice bullshit
>>
>>381186246

Does anyone even care about Death Stranding? I never see /v/ talk about it. I legit think MGSV and DS basically being a movie has killed a lot of the love for Kojima. The only time I see DS mentioned is by Mads fangirls now.
>>
>>381186246
>getting hyped for when something fail to live up to hype
do you not see the hypocrisy here?
>>
>>381186395

What gameplay there was in MGS4 was fucking great. But it definitely didn't get a pass from the fanbase. Regardless of how batshit insane MGS4 was, fans were invested. That's what makes MGSV such a fuck you.
>>
>>381186471
What the fuck are you trying to say
>>
File: Boss is out of Quiets league.jpg (601KB, 1000x1353px) Image search: [Google]
Boss is out of Quiets league.jpg
601KB, 1000x1353px
>>381186158
Because you can survive a shot to the head, but a broken heart always kills .
>>
File: 9s.jpg (102KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
9s.jpg
102KB, 720x1280px
>>381185446
>pic related went more nuclear than Snake ever did
wew
>>
>>381186475
>What gameplay there was in MGS4 was fucking great
Another cool meme
>>
>>381186475
>that's what makes MGSV such a fuck you
So, literally, it's not what I wanted so fuck you!
Typical metalgearfag reaction.
>Kojima senpai just fuck me in the ass exactly like last time! Please, just fanservice my shit up and fuck up the lore beyond repair as much as you can!
>>
>>381185910
>he thinks the ruse isn't on
expect something on july 7th, 30 year anniversary to the day
>>
>>381185446
>>381185446
Nier: Automata healed the wounds left behind from MGSV.

It delivered where Kojima failed.
>>
File: 1370989594582.png (105KB, 335x320px) Image search: [Google]
1370989594582.png
105KB, 335x320px
This is the same exact posts everytime.

Play a different game. Plenty of better ones out there.
>>
>>381186619
Take the boobs off Quiet and really look at the shape of that body. This is "youtube taught me to draw women"... AKA the quality of art every digital artist puts out.
>>
>>381186659
ISN'T IT HILARIOUS? DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU LAUGH?
>>
>>381186809

No it didn't. Why would it?
>>
>>381186691
>Kojima senpai just fuck me in the ass exactly like last time!

Except for the fact that no game in the series was exactly like the last one. People were fine with him going all open world and taking it in a new direction. It's just the fact that he bungled it.

Something new doesn't get a free pass just because it's new you assmonkey.
>>
>>381186809
ZTD and FFXV healed those wounds for me. At least MGSV was a competently made product.

I don't know hoe anyone can say MGSV is unfinished after playing FFXV. That shit is legit unfinished.
>>
>>381185446
>2015 is already two years ago

Time needs to slow down a bit.
>>
>>381186809
>game with good gameplay
>sonybros hate it
>game with mediocre gameplay
>sonybros love it
really makes you think
>>
File: young snake.png (2MB, 1932x1086px) Image search: [Google]
young snake.png
2MB, 1932x1086px
>>381185446
I hate that series ended with a fake Big Boss and no Solid. Give me some closer. Just do one last cutscene after credits set tens years later of the real Big Boss with the rest of Fox hound meeting David for the first time.
>>
>>381185446
Main reason why I'm skeptical about Death Stranding.
>>
>>381186930
>no game in the series was exactly like the last one
kek, 4 is literally 3 with a few new things and a completely retarded story.
2 is literally 1 but with a few new things and a better story.

>something new doesn't get a free pass
Never said that.
But the number one complaint is "It doesn't feel like Metal Gear, it's not like the old ones".
>>
>>381187009
the series ended with Metal Gear Solid 4. PP is a side story, not something meant to replace MGS4 as the final conclusion
>>
>>381186954
>I don't know hoe anyone can say MGSV is unfinished after playing FFXV.

Because MGSV literally had the last arc of its story that didn't get finished sold back to the player as a collector's edition movie disc.
>>
>>381187239
>MGSV literally had the last arc of its story that didn't get finished sold back to the player as a collector's edition movie disc
red herring, reach disarmament.
>>
File: f8HNhea[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
f8HNhea[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>381187108
>A sequel in a series doesn't feel like previous games in the series

I still don't see what point you're trying to make. If he was going to make a game that felt nothing like Metal Gear he should nut up and make a new IP.
>>
>>381187009
Solid was literally raised by the patriots for the US military. He wasn't some big secret that was found in a third world country by Grey Fox or something. He just transferred in.
>>
>>381187239
>last arc
How retarded can you be? Mission 51 is one mission and finishes a side plotline that's unrelated to the main theme.
It also takes place before Mission 43 and 46 in the timeline, so it's not the "ending" you fags desperately want.
>>
>>381186914

>teases hype second chapter after you seemingly beat the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmXA2OElj8
>actually delivers a complete second half that follows through and gives some of the most intense and dramatic moments this console generation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvCZWDCgok
>this second half is complete enough that it functionally serves as a sequel to the first half.

>successfully has themes about revenge, race, prejudice being at the heart of war and conflict
>Characters actually go nuclear
>the fucking robots in this game feel more human and less robotic than every character in MGSV except for Kaz.

>an absolutely genius thematic final ending that ties all of the themes and plotlines together with an emotional conclusion. This ending is also something that can ONLY be done in a video game, delivering on yet another promise that Kojima failed on.

This is why, and how it did.
>>
>>381186395
>That's a very cool meme, my man.
So is claiming that a bunch of kids escaping with the most dangerous weapons ever created and Kaz being obviously preparing something in your back.

Wait that sentence ended abrutly, you feel it too don't you?
>>
>>381187529
Kek, Nierfags are this deluded. Guess it's easy to have a second part when each part takes like 6 hours to complete lmao.
>>
>>381187425
>he should nut up and make a new IP.
you mean what he'd been trying to do since after MGS1 but wasn't able to because Konami was only interested in paying him for more metal gear games?
>>
>>381187441
So? Still seeing Big Boss meeting the son and man that would end his fate for the first time would be more powerful than anything MGSV did. Having old BB going through the recruits and having walk a line until he gets to the end and then the camera pans up to show young David with Big Boss and Grey Fox,that would feel like an ending. Instead we get BB riding off and the just made the whole game feel absolutely pointless.
>>
>>381186997
>mediocre gameplay

It is the DMC4 of our generation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1lYkrHrCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4QB9hJ1jvQ&t=4s
>>
File: 1473787750891.gif (926KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
1473787750891.gif
926KB, 512x341px
>Most misunderstood game since MGS2 both in story and gameplay
>"Muh revenge of the sith story!"
>"The trailers lied!" (they didn't)
>mfw somebody claims the best way to play is to tranq and fulton everyone in sight
Meanwhile, the game received critical acclaim all around. It was hands down the most fluid MGS experience. It was only held back by being unfinished, not only in terms of content but also in polish. What we got was stunning, we just could have had more.
A flawed masterpiece if there ever was one.

>>381185784
People crying about TPP are hardly fans to begin with. They probably never collected the frogs in MGS3 or beaten any of the games on euro-extreme.
>>
>>381186823
Like?
>>
>>381187689
>6 hours to defeat
Sure, if you rush through without doing any exploring or sidequests at all. The only playthrough that should be played like that is route b
>>
>>381187710

Oh please he's willingly gone back to the MGS series multiple times out of his own volition. Peace Walker was him wanting to make something for his kid, I hate this meme that cropped up about Kojima wanting to stop but fans not letting him.
>>
>>381187095
But Konami was responsible for the MGSV's cut content and dissapointment. Not Kojima Productions. That's why I expect Death Stranding to be pretty good.
>>
>>381187827
No, that would be dumb fanservice for dumb retards.
Also
>Shining lights, even in death
>A Quiet Exit
>the Paz scenes
>not emotional
Off yourself.
>>
>>381185446
What a disappointing entry to an excellent franchise
It's existence is unnecessary
>>
>>381188037
>exploring
Explore what? Empty open world?
>SIDE quests
More like fetch quests
>>
>>381188021
>Meanwhile, the game received critical acclaim all around.

Games journos were flown in for a 48 hour review bootcamp and played on easy difficulties so they could speedrun through the story. I hardly take their opinions as anything worth thinking about.
>>
>>381188082
He is right tho
The game had so much potential to show us many characters at the same time and we got only liquid and even that was cut off
>>
>>381188171
Only the initial 20 reviews published on August 23rd were from the bootcamp. The rest aren't.
>>
>>381188082

Not him but man that's what I hate most about MGSV. There were shining diamonds of brilliance within a long boring trudge through shit. They clearly had no business doing an open world game and I wish what we had gotten was more like Ground Zeroes.
>>
>>381187827
>pointless proxy war felt pointless
as it should. the pointlessness of modern war has been the core theme of the franchise since MG1
>>
>>381188171
This.

MGSV was a overrated mess.
>>
File: Mgsv_volgin.png (209KB, 410x384px) Image search: [Google]
Mgsv_volgin.png
209KB, 410x384px
>>381188082
>No, that would be dumb fanservice for dumb retards.
>Also
What series do you think you are playing retard? Fucking MGSV existing at all is just fan service. Nothing that happens in the game matters and it's just pandering like brining back Miller, Liquid and Psycho mantis and FUCKING volgin. Seriously you MGSV fanboys are delusional.
>>
>>381188320
>What I don't like is overrated
Literal children
>>
>>381188285
The story, characters and world building felt pointless.
>>
>>381188368
>nothing that happens doesn't matter
So because it doesn't change everything about the series, an experience doesn't matter? Besides, the trailers told you this. "A Phantom War waged by the Vanished"
>>
>>381188408
>If games journalists say it's true you can't disagree

Literal retard
>>
>>381188524
>you shouls listen to random faggots on /v/ because their opinion is more important
Literal retards
>>
>>381188580

Except those random faggots on /v/ are stating just that, their opinion while you, other faggot on /v/, are trying to tell them they're factually wrong because review scores.
>>
>>381188512
My point is that the game is pandering just like all the other games in the series. But good job focusing on only half of that sentence.
>>
>>381188650
I didn't. In fact, the only thing I said is that the only boot camo reviews were the initial 20. I'm not the other guy.
>>
File: 1453609580402.jpg (380KB, 842x900px) Image search: [Google]
1453609580402.jpg
380KB, 842x900px
>>381188171
Those are only a small portion.
Even with 0 and 10 review bombing on metacritic the user score never dips under 7 across all systems. And the critic score is 90+ across the board.

Metacritic might not be an accurate representation but it's all we got really. Considering it scores well all around and that it was the best selling MGS game you really can't say the game wasn't well received.

I'm not saying it's a 10/10 game but it's still a phenomenal game in the end, despite certain glaring flaws. Literally played for 400+ hours and planning to take a fresh start when I get some downtime from work. Sorry it didn't click with you I guess.
>>
I'm normally a huge proponent of story through gameplay and things like Dark Souls. But I feel like MGS was the one series that was built around that over the top feel. So I totally get the disappointment in MGSV, especially after MGS4. V has a ton of good themes but open world is a literal death sentence for presentation and story. Just look at BotW for another game that attempted the jump to open world and completely sucked any kind of investment out of it.

When you remove linearity it kills pacing and makes it hard to tell a coherent and stimulating story because you can't time those beats anymore.
>>
>>381188216
I agree. Would have loved to see Child Solid Snake.
>>
>>381188714
Volgin barely appears, never talks and is there to portray one of the main themes.
Liquid and Psycho are brought back to explain how they ended up together.

Miller is absolutely not fanservice.
>>
>>381188368
> brining back Miller,

no one cared about Nigger Killer Miller, until PW actually gave him a character
>>
I beat MGS1 for the first time and it called me an elephant. I'm guessing I did really fucking poorly.
>>
>>381188858
I bet you would
Fucking pedo
>>
>>381188849
which is why you should instead tell episodic stories in an open world, but MGSV was barebones as fuck in this regard as well.
>>
>>381188816

To be fair, MGS is one of those sacred cows like Zelda that plays by its own scoring chart.
>>
>>381186080
>Metal Gear is probably the furthest thing from edgy
how can you say this shit with a straight face
>>
>>381185784
No but it's up there..

MUH WEEKLY MGSV CRY THREAD IM SO NUCLEAR
>>
>>381188074
I think Kojima might of had some responsibility as far as how we got it. Giving himself credit in every mission had me feeling it was his way out pouting.
>>
>>381185446
The games still an 8/10 in my book

My biggest issue was that Kojima ruined the chance to have a good grounded story, all he had to do was emphasise the pain of loss, the revenge (what we got most with Miller) and focus on military scenarios 1980s style. The whole 'air evac in the middle of afghanistan with the chopper blasting duran duran' aesthetic.

Instead we got the whole parasite bullshit with Quiet and Skullface
>>
>>381188816

I'm honestly jealous man. MGS was my favorite series and mechanically it's the best it ever has been. But I just cant bring myself to care. I tried popping it in a month or two ago and I had no desire to do anything. It's just boring as shit to me. I hate open world games.
>>
>>381186543
Are you retarded? He's saying that you're getting hyped to see other people get hyped. In other words you're being a faggot.
>>
>>381188021
Agreed. MGSV was great, my only gripe is that the replay value isn't as high because of the nature of large scale games like that. I will never enjoy it 30+times like mgs2.
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>>381189056

Because it cant stop laughing at itself long enough to attempt serious drama. 3 was a James Bond movie in everything but name. The series plays edgy tropes with a wink at the player.
>>
>>381189143
this so much
>>
>>381189143
>Instead we got the whole parasite bullshit with Quiet and Skullface

MGS games are always about some high-concept shit like that.

>>381185446
I only started playing it right now and the fucking camera work on all the cutscenes is nauseating. Fucking amateurs trying to pull off shaky cam even though there's no need for it. Aside from that, the gameplay is pretty solid.
>>
The big problem is after 4, despite how much we bitched, we liked the stupid answers for stupid questions that Kojima was giving. We bought into the ridiculousness of things like Raiden and the Patriots being the MGS3 crew. Because we weren't asked to take things seriously but merely come along for this wild ride.

Then Kojima comes out and tries to drum up this huge serious sequel that is going to go to dark and taboo places that no other video game has ever gone to and it's going to be the grand finale to the MGS series. So we have MGS4 playing in our head and then we get Peace Walker Extended Edition Now Featuring Less Story.
>>
>>381189587
>we
Kek
>>
I'm just starting this and although I do actually enjoy the sandbox style spec ops gameplay, when does the story open up? I'm like 20 quests in and its mostly just been tactical side ops stuff, nothing that feels like your typical kojima cutscene filled game. its already really irking me that keifer sutherland seems to do nothiing but grunt and say at most 2 lines, which is even further hampering the story for me because I remember past metal gears being completely different/full of dialogue and snake being someone you can really like as a character, instead we got a quiet yet overpriced faceless grunt type protaganist that did not use sutherlands "range" or "talents" at all. and wtf no phone calls with shit tons of info and random dialogue? when does this game become a metal gear game? i didn't buy metal gear to play ubisoft fuck.
>>
>>381189484
>MGS games are always about some high-concept shit like that.

Nah I get that but he just had way too much shit going on in this one. He's always emphasized themes in the past and stuck to them, but MGSV, despite being about 'Revenge' had multiple ideas all clashing together:

>revenge (moby dick allusions)
>XOF
>Patriots origins
>Nuclear arsenals/metallic archaea
>Metal Gear Sahalanthropus
>Vocal Cord Parasites
>Diamond Dogs
>1984 theme? (Big Boss is watching you)
>Venom / Big Boss twist

there was just too much stuff
>>
>>381188861
Show why is Liquid and Mantis roles in MGSV not considered pandering but having Big Boss meet Snake would be?
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (41KB, 499x562px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
41KB, 499x562px
>>
>>381189674
>when does the story open up

Oh anon.

That is the story.
>>
File: Big Boss Cuisine.webm (1024KB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss Cuisine.webm
1024KB, 638x360px
>>381188849
>>381188971
>>381189674
>misunderstood
Instead of extensive cutscenes the story is told through different means. Most likely due to the flack Kojimbles got from the long winded cutscenes in MGS4.
The tapes, the conversations you can hear out in the field, the codec calls and very few cutscenes are how it's done in TPP. There's also less focus on words during cutscenes, but more on facial animation and body language. There's actually a shit ton of story in TPP but it just went over people's heads. I missed tons of it on my first playthrough as well.
I think Kojimbles might have been a bit overboard with the idea but it resonated with me a lot on my second time going through.
And they fucked up with the lack of boss battles and polish.

>>381189157
If you have it on PC I highly recommend infinite heaven. It fixes a lot of the things wrong with the open world (dead zones for instance). If not, try getting creative with your loadouts, explore the maps and mission areas, ghost around the enemies instead of taking them out. You'll discover many little tricks and story bits you never realized where there.
During missions, the open world is kinda limited anyway.
>>
File: 1482269301955.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1482269301955.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>
>>381189674
I have bad news and I have bad news
>>
>>381186062
This is actually the first time I see anyone who actually did it.
>>
Did anyone else feel like Ocelot literally just wasn't Ocelot. Like they used the name but he has none of the eccentricities he carries within any of the other games. He's just randomly friends with Big Boss and now the most vanilla motherfucker on the planet. He's my favorite character in the series and MGSV honestly made me like him a LOT less.
>>
File: 1474668739102.jpg (979KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474668739102.jpg
979KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381185446
maybe you should change your clothes, faggot?
>>
>>381190048
Yeah Miller is the only good character in this game, the others are too quiet or too stupid and forgettable
>>
>>381190048
MGSV's characters sucked. Even worse than PW's because at least they were memorable.
>>
File: 1442674175459.png (601KB, 539x718px) Image search: [Google]
1442674175459.png
601KB, 539x718px
>>381185446
>Every single piece of of media, every trailer, every interview with Kojima promised Boss's descent into madness
>By the end of the game no one goes nuclear, not even Kaz, nor real Boss and especially not Venom
People who are hyped for Death Stranding after this are borderline retarded
>>
>>381190048
I didn't even care about him being so mellow, but WE NEVER GOT ONE CUTSCENE WITH HIM FIRING HIS REVOLVERS
>>
>>381190048
i fucking love almost everything about the phantom pain. this is the only thing that hurts me. you got a glimpse in the torture room, but they are so rarely there, it feels real bad.
>>
File: Dcd0OaK.jpg (173KB, 1280x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Dcd0OaK.jpg
173KB, 1280x1038px
>>
>>381189056
It's comedic and has over the top drama everywhere. Sure it is edgy at times but I wouldn't call it edgy.
>>
File: 1441459101458.jpg (284KB, 1112x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1441459101458.jpg
284KB, 1112x1193px
Sniff it.
>>
>>381189157
What your problem is is that you don't know how to just play.

In fact all of you who bitch like this simply do not know how to enjoy gameplay and have some of your own creative fun. You rely solely on a linear game to hold your hand through it. Which is nice sometimes, but fuck I had a great time playing american spy and rescuing POWs to 80s tunes.

Once I learned how to play back in GZ that is when I got hooked. And by then I did not care about the story nearly as much. The people who hate V so vehemently put absolutely all hope and desire into the plot and nothing else. If you do that on a new age game which seeks to up the gameplay level you will be sorely dissappointed every time.

MGSV story isn't even bad, it is like any other MGS plot except there is far more gameplay now.
>>
>>381189710
You are lumping themes, plot points, and homages all in one. They have nothing to do with eachother.
>>
Even if you're not asshurt about the story I don't know how anyone gives this above a 7 with as repetitive and unfinished as it is. The second (and final) chapter of the game literally makes you replay the same missions but HARD MODE for an arbitrary number before dealing out more tidbits of plot and letting you progress. Nearly every mission themselves are spins on the same exact thing except you had to travel X amount of minutes to this barely different area. It's one of the most amateurish attempts at an open world I've ever seen and feels more like a grindy MMO than anything. And it's such a shame because of how precisely they nailed the mechanics.
>>
>>381190048
To be fair it is the first game we have seen where Ocelot is by our side and he is loyal to big boss. But that isn't enough because he is completely different from MGS3 ocelot.
>>
>>381190798

Except not really because
>Once I learned how to play back in GZ that is when I got hooked

Applies to me as well. I fucked love GZ because it was designed with purpose. It's a restrained sandbox. PP is a by the numbers open world.
>>
>>381190318

Kojima lied about literally everything
>There will subjects where if I handle them wrong I'd have to leave the industry!
>Quiet's backstory is so deep you will all be ashamed!
>Skull Face's absence will leave the player feeling a phantom pain!

He's literally Molyneux level. More and more I feel like he's George Lucas and Konami was the rest of the team reeling him in on the first three Star Wars movies and helping turn his stupidity into gold.

What's that guys name that had a director role in all the good Metal Gears and wasn't a part of all the mediocre ones?
>>
>>381186619
Caramel approved
>>
>>381191391
>director role
only kojima was a director. Tomokazu Fukushima is the one you're thinking of. He was a writer, and mostly did codec call work.
>>
File: 1481054228690.jpg (45KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1481054228690.jpg
45KB, 540x675px
>>
File: 636335154571455464.jpg (32KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
636335154571455464.jpg
32KB, 1024x576px
>>381185446
>>381185446
OP, turn that frown upside down and just remember that that fag Caramel got BTFO
>>
>>381191391
>There will subjects where if I handle them wrong I'd have to leave the industry!
Whatever that is, it didn't make it into the game. One of the few that know about it said it on Twitter, and no he won't say what it was.
>>
>>381186954
>ZTD healed those wounds
ZTD was fucking mess of a game with god awful writing and was a fucking terrible conclusion to the series. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>381185446
It is still the last game I bought
>>
>>381189832
[ON THE EDGE]
>>
>>381192214
>One of the few that know about it said it on Twitter, and no he won't say what it was.
gonna need a source
>>
MSGV is probably my favorite in the series. MGS3 a close second.
>>
Why are you still here? just to suffer?
>>
>>381191391
no one ever mentions that the twist was spoiled by the first official trailer and everyone saw it as some weird red herring because they couldn't conceive anything so fucking stupid
>>
>>381194372
Too lazy to search desu, and can't even find Kojima's original tweet about it. Try TPP conspiracy websites, and twitter accounts of the heads of former Kojipro.
>>
File: 1447186030953.png (472KB, 503x471px) Image search: [Google]
1447186030953.png
472KB, 503x471px
>Burning with Revenge
>Volgin is literally so mad that he started burning

Wow, so fucking deep. Kojima is a hack, MGSV is a storytelling disaster with amazing gameplay.

>reee you wanted muh revenge of the sith

No, I wanted a Metal Gear game with interesting characters and engaging story.

I got
>DEM PARASITES DUDE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO antagonist
>the most bland squad of villains in history of Metal Gear (compare the SKULLS to Dead Cell, FOXHOUND or Cobra Unit)
>mute protagonist
>butthurt Miller who provides intel
>Revolver "why the fuck is he even there" Ocelot who somehow is one of the blandest characters in the game
>Kojima's waifu with a fucking ridiculous excuse to be naked
>muh virus that changes people into zombies
>random retarded Moby Dick reference
>random David Bowie reference
>and you, the player! I'm Big Boss and you are, too! Thank you, the pla- I mean Big Boss *SMASHES MIRROR WITH BLOOD ON THE FACE AND LE EPIK MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND*
>>
>>381195401
no, if you are going to make a claim, back it up or i have no reason to believe it.
>>
>>381195746
Nigga the only reason everyone behaves like that "taboo" isn't in the game is precisely because it was confirmed it isn't in the game. That's common knowledge by now, and everyone has incorporated the idea. Sorry I don't have a source, but that's by no means some wild claim yo wouldn't believe, everyone knows that taboo isn't in the game.
>>
>>381185446
stay mad
>>
>>381195727
Look at this memeing retard who thinks he has good opinions. Literally what the fanbase bas become.
>>
File: 1495659984138.jpg (34KB, 520x634px) Image search: [Google]
1495659984138.jpg
34KB, 520x634px
>>381196583
Look at this fucking retard who thinks his opinions are superior, but won't present them.

Choke on Kojima's dick.
>>
It could have used a gameplay expansion. Something to finish the game and make it great again. Also a chance for some better gameplay mechanics, like the OSP in GZ.
>>
>>381188021
>Meanwhile, the game received critical acclaim all around
Every release of Call of Duty and Assassinss Creed receive "critical acclaim" from the press.
>>
>>381195727
>mute protagonist
makes sense in a game about language control
>DEM PARASITES DUDE WHOO antagonist
parasites were great metaphor. skullface was awkward a lot of the time, i'll give you that
>Revolver "why the fuck is he even there" Ocelot who somehow is one of the blandest characters in the game
this makes me sad
>Kojima's waifu with a fucking ridiculous excuse to be naked
kojima always has naked women in his games. he got a bit gratuitous, and the reasoning was dumb, but don't act like this isn't the norm.
>muh virus that changes people into zombies
turns people into puppets. big difference.
>the most bland squad of villains in history of Metal Gear (compare the SKULLS to Dead Cell, FOXHOUND or Cobra Unit)
sure they are bland, but the bosses have always been filler and only tangentially related to the story. they've been getting worse every game since the first, so don't act like this is a surprise either.
>random retarded Moby Dick reference
it's not random. to quote ocelot "to a ruler, an everlasting enemy is convenient. by directing the public's animosity outside his borders, he can unify their frame of mind. guns-for-hire continue the war. then enrich the economy with their spoils. war as a business will become a permanent tool for manipulating the public mind, a new business model. you might eben call it a 'war economy.'" how does ahab unify his crew? directing them towards the whale. and the whale symbolism also relates to pinocchio, which is in the works cited in the credits as well as being a big part of mgs2. and the pinocchio lesson is don't be a puppet, and going into the belly of the whale to emerge as something else. something venom does not do.
>random David Bowie reference
kojima loves bowie and has always made references to him, and a bunch of other ridiculous tangential media.
>and you, the player! I'm Big Boss and you are, too! Thank you, the pla- I mean Big Boss *
problem?
>>
>>381195904
>everyone knows that taboo isn't in the game
it's not a wild claim to say that the taboo didn't make it in. claiming everybody knows it isn't is a wild claim. i've not even said whether i think it is in or not, just asked for a source. your inability to provide makes you unreliable.

>>381198235
forgot to respond to another point

>butthurt Miller who provides intel
and? how is this even a criticism?
>>
File: 1414353831653.jpg (222KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1414353831653.jpg
222KB, 1200x675px
>>381190048
I hate how Ocelot is so infallably perfect in everything. He's always does and says the right thing, even when there's no logical basis for his decisions. And it's all to make Miller look bad by comparison and because certain plot event would not occur unless Ocelot Ex Machinae instigated them.
>>
>>381190048
yeah it really goes to show how done Kojima was with the series. He just wanted to make a cowboy from one of his westerns and decided to sacrifice a long running character for it.
>>
>>381186843
DON'T WORRY 2B, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU NOW
>>
>>381190048
Being friends with Big Boss made sense, everything else was shit. All of the characters were terrible, but it stands out with Ocelot because he was one of the best and Kojima replaced him with Troy Baker. Ocelot is meant to be a weird genius not a bored Texan secretary.
>>
>>381200196
> Ocelot is meant to be a weird genius

he has always been a cool autist anon
>>
>>381199331
they are the angel and the devil of morality on his shoulders. jimminy cricket was split into two, because venom has a fractured conscience. but neither are actually morally just, and what ocelot does is just influence things, as he always has. what he does is not always the right thing though, nor are his actions or decisions entirely illogical. i don't know where you go those ideas.
>>
File: Ocelot_on_arsenal.jpg (108KB, 1424x763px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot_on_arsenal.jpg
108KB, 1424x763px
>>381199331
hasn't he always been that way?

> "I'm Liquid's right hand"
> "AHAHAHA it was all a ruse, I've been working for Solidus all along"
> "HEHEHEHE fooled you again, I'm actually with the Patriots, all this time I've been setting you up, we managed to predict that Solidus is gonna go rogue AND that he's gonna storm this place, so we built a simulation all around this scenario!"
>>
>>381202663
>we managed to predict that Solidus is gonna go rogue AND that he's gonna storm this place
no, Solidus was also played by the patriots and guided there. They didn't predict it, they made it happen.
>>
>>381202925
Shadow Moses was done out of Solidus' own volition
>>
>>381203043
no it wasn't? when he made the calls behind shadow moses, he was still being controlled by the patriots
>>
>>381198469
>just asked for a source. your inability to provide makes you unreliable.
Do you seriously keep like lists of sources about everything you know? I couldn't even give you a source on the extraction of Medic's face in GZ and the comparison with Venom in TPP trailers, yet it happened. Same thing.

I'm sorry I can't find a source, now if you think I have time to lose to bullshit over such mundane shit, your loss.
>>
File: dfdd.png (100KB, 523x123px) Image search: [Google]
dfdd.png
100KB, 523x123px
>>381185446
Fantastic game
>>
>>381204040
>Do you seriously keep like lists of sources about everything you know?
no, but if i know something then i should be able to retrace my steps to find the source of knowledge. the source i'm asking for isn't even something big complex thing, it;s literally a tweet, as you claim.
>if you think I have time to lose to bullshit over such mundane shit, your loss.
then why are you even here?
>>
>>381204284
I told you how to retrace the steps: Kojima's claim about that taboo, followed by people wondering what it is post release, and one of the heads of Kojipro asked on Twitter what it is, and saying it isn't in the game and he won't say what it is.

Retrace those steps if you will or stay retarded, others just accepted it.
>>
File: pepe time.jpg (22KB, 473x315px) Image search: [Google]
pepe time.jpg
22KB, 473x315px
>>381185446
>Almost two years later
KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>381185784
>muh edgy contrarianism
>>
>>381185784
>>381186395
the gameplay was better in 4, stupid frogposter
>>
>>381188021
>What we got was stunning
stale, repetitive, meaningless trite
Venom's adventure is less interesting than Big Boss' side ops
>>
>>381188580
>>381188408
the random faggots on /v/ are actual fans of the series and can tell they're not playing a "Solid Snake" in MGSV
>>
File: Not Happy.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Not Happy.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>381185446
>>
>>381188074
Konami didn't force Kojima to reskin nanomachines, make the most boring main missions, force a stupid twist that fixes nothing and moves the player away from moments they actually want (Sniper Wolf, Gray Fox, Saladin), trivialize Skullface in every possible manner, and design a bad open world.
>>
>>381204753
you still haven't given me enough to go on, and you cannot retrace steps you haven't taken. you can trace another's, but i cannot retrace yours, and you have not given me enough of a guideline to trace theme with. and again, i never said i don't believe the taboo isn't in the game, i just asked if you could back up your claim that someone with authority on the matter said that it for sure wasn't. but go ahead, call others retarded despite your inability to grasp what I'm requesting. and you've probably wasted much more time here arguing than it would take to use what you know to find a source.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.