[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a Panasonic Q instead of a gamecube? Is it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: pq5.jpg (474KB, 1860x1250px) Image search: [Google]
pq5.jpg
474KB, 1860x1250px
Should I get a Panasonic Q instead of a gamecube? Is it worth the ungodly price? It looks cool and the controller ports light up so that's nice
>>
Get an ataribox instead ya jive turkey
>>
>>381180230
No, you can't even use the gameboy player with it.
>>
>>381180385
But you can. They have one made for it.
>>
>>381180230
Great music and DVD playblack.
Can write Gamecube ISO's to DVD and play them
>>
File: 2015-09-12 23.00.43.jpg (2MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-12 23.00.43.jpg
2MB, 3264x1952px
>>381180230
What the point? I mean for that price there really is no point. Only good feature of PQ is being able to burn games on regular DVD-R instead of mini-dvd.
If you want to play gamecube games on hardware - get first gen of Wii instead, softmod it and here you go?
also this >>381180385
Gameboy player is the shit
>>
>>381180471
Which one?
>>
>>381180230
No. You already have a DVD player I am sure, and the Gamecube side of the Q is exactly the same as a regular one. A regular gamecube is super cheap and very easy to mod withe a XenoGC chip.
>>
>>381180596
It's like the normal one but woth holes in it to fit the stands
>>
>>381180835
Any idea where I can find one?
>>
Does the Q at least have a different GUI?
>>
>>381180594
the gameboy player is literally useless today, anything can emulate a gameboy advance. then again many things can play gamecube, from wii to dolphin/ishiiruka, i have no idea why people still buy old consoles if there is an alternative that is straight up better available
>>
>>381181683
Original hardware > emulation
>>
>>381181843
This. Nothing can compare to the feeling of playing it on the original console
>>
>>381181683
Nothing is better at playing GameCube except for the Wii. Original Wii was a beast of a console. It was the bane of all PC gamers so it's no surprise you're still on the defensive 11 years later. But come off it bruh.
>>
>>381181164
ebay, for around USD 700
A bargain
>>
>>381180230
>Should I get a Panasonic Q instead of a gamecube? Is it worth the ungodly price?
dude this kind of thinking is exactly why resellers have sustained their market

collecting for the sake of aesthetics and not the desire to play games is like the worst thing you could start doing, it's a bad habit. turn back before it's too late. i know it's gorgeous and looking stunning but just save your money
>>
>>381181683
>emulation
get a load of this guy
>>
>>381182350
>turn back before it's too late.
you can't now say this and do not show what you have collection wise. I know you have it. Show it. Show them.
Those pretty consoles gathering dust.
>>
>>381181683
>>
>>381180230

I bought one 10+ years ago on ebay for $300ish.
It's in my closet inside a box of ancient games and consoles but the lid is stuck open because of my fucking sister.
>>
Get an original gamecube and THE cables instead.
>>
>>381181843
>higher fps
>higher resolution
>antialiasing
>widescreen
>any controller
>backup saves
lets assume you stick to popular games for a system that likely has high emulation accuracy, what is an objective reason to use the console over the emulator? literally none nostalgiafag, and gameboy player is an emulator

>>381182175
dolphin runs both gamecube and wii games better though
>>
>>381181843
Amusingly, for the gameboy player, emulation might be a better option because the player has issues with input lag and a darker display unless you use that one homebrew alternative that fixes it.
>>
>>381183450
what homebrew alternative?
>>
>>381183425
>lets assume you stick to popular games for a system that likely has high emulation accuracy, what is an objective reason to use the console over the emulator? literally none nostalgiafag, and gameboy player is an emulator
>gameboy player is an emulator
it isn't. Can't you differentiate hardware and emulation sofrware, anon? There is basically GBA inside that thing.
all your greentext, aside of maybe backup saves and controllers, are pile of shit which proves you being way bigger one of a faggot that expected.
>nostalgia fag
sorry for wanting to play game on nice CRT screen with comfort of home console. I never had consoles till few years back, GBA player is the stuff, emulation can go fuck itself.
>>
>>381183794
The "Game Boy Interface" is designed to output stuff more accurately and with less lag. There are video comparisons out there if you want to see.
>>
>>381183934
>there is basically a gba inside that thing
no the actual disc you need to use is just an emulator. all of those things are objective superiorities over original hardware, you can call it shit but you don't even have a choice. i personally prefer it and highly so. oh and yeah, i have a crt monitor hooked up to my computer and can play games on that as well, yes it makes you a nostalgiafag for preferring having no options at all because muh original experience. that is what a nostalgiafag is after all
>>
>>381180230
no
>>
>>381184604
No dumbass, there's actual gba hardware inside the player, the disc is just used as an application to actually utilize it. It's not emulation if it's the original hardware.
>>
>>381184604
That's just boot disk. Inside GBA player is GBA.
>It connects via the high speed parallel port at the bottom of the GameCube and requires use of a boot disc to access the hardware. Unlike devices such as Datel's Advance Game Port, the Game Boy Player does not use software emulation, but instead uses physical hardware nearly identical to that of a Game Boy Advance.
CRT monitor != CRT TV faggot. They are different.
You like emulation, great for you. Enjoy it. It just doesn't mean it is superior to actual hardware in any way tho.

Man, you are dumb. I'm so glad I dropped this "muh PC, muh emulation" crap like 10 years ago, this is an embarrassment to be a faggot like you.
>>
Why would you spend an exorbitant amount of money for no reason?

The best way to play gamecube games is on PC via emulation or on a softmodded wii so you can pirate the gamecube games.

Are you new here or under 18? You seem like a faggot OP.
>>
>>381180230
Just get a wii and mod it what the fuck
>>
>>381184889
Lmao, Dolphin is great and works on even shitbox computers.

Why are you so mad? Did your mom and her bf fucking keep you awake last night?
>>
File: side_1.jpg (147KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
side_1.jpg
147KB, 550x825px
>>381184979
>no reason
not op, but some people just like pretty things
Don't judge other's hobbies
>>
>>381185114
>buying figurines

lmao grow up kid
>>
>>381184889
>You like emulation, great for you. Enjoy it. It just doesn't mean it is superior to actual hardware in any way tho.
ive listed ways it was superior, seriously nobody can be this dense. you must be a reseller
>>
>>381185230
>higher FPS
aka innacurate emulation which fucks up games
>higher resolution
lol what? are you retard
>antialiasing
yep you are retard
>widescreeen
thanks for confirmation

only decent good points are backup saves and controllers. Controllers are up to preference, not that hard to connect other controllers to gamecube. Backup saves - I use flashcard so whatever.
>>
>>381180230
why? to watch your sick collection of dvds or something?
>>
>>381180230
Even when the Q was new, it was much cheaper to just buy a Gamecube and a DVD player separately. The only reason to get one would be to burn games to standard DVDs instead of the Gamecube's weird-ass mini-DVDs, but you could just do that with a Wii anyway.
>>
>>381180230
No. The DVD drives tend to fail more frequently. You're better off moding a Wii if you care for analog or emulating for muh grafix.
>>
>>381184790
I'm pretty sure it's just a processor that does an i/o datastream from cart to gamecube, the disc boots up the datastream via emulator.
>>
>>381183425
>higher fps
This can bug a game beyond playability very easily.
>higher resolution
You can easily do this with a HDMI mod or a Framemister.
>antialiasing
This honestly doesn't improve the look of games by a huge majority.
>widescreen
You can easily do this with Nintendont.
>any controller
Why would use anything but a Gamecube controller?
>backup saves
This is also possible with Nintendont.
>>
>>381185621
No there are literally GBA CPUs inside this thing. The software redirects the video and audio output to the TV.
>>
How much do these go for now?
>>
>>381185689
>>widescreen
>You can easily do this with Nintendont.
what is even ever the point to go widescreen with GBA games? It's pointless
>>
>>381186060
It is, but it is nice for playing Gamecube games that don't look ugly with it.
>>
The best most objective way to enjoy old Vidya is with the original hardware + a flashcart / modchip. Literally nobody can refute this.

>>381186060
No it's for GameCube games you silly. Nintendont is essentially a disc drive emulator that loads GameCube discs for the Wii to use. The gameplay should be 100% accurate with this method.
>>
>>381180471
>even more rare then the Panasonic Q itself.

Thanks.
>>
>>381186286
>>381186305
ah, I thought this talk is still about gba player
>>
>>381180385
>wanting to play GBA games
>>
File: Console_psx.jpg (46KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Console_psx.jpg
46KB, 640x427px
It's so pretty. That and a PSX are probably at the top of my list of rare consoles to collect if I ever have the money to go full collectorfag.

tfw I never will
>>
>>381186702
>Implying you can only play GBA games on it
Spotted the underage.
>>
File: 1408081969853.gif (2MB, 240x448px) Image search: [Google]
1408081969853.gif
2MB, 240x448px
>>381186702
>not playing best games out there
>>
>>381184889
>It just doesn't mean it is superior to actual hardware in any way tho.
Dolphin basically is at this point for a lot of games.
You could theoretically play Melee in 4k at 120 fps with your friend across the country if you have the hardware to support it.
>>
>>381189112
Not him, but as autistic as it sounds, playing games on their original hardware has a much better, authentic feel to it. Emulation just can't compete in that regard
>>
>>381189453
just ignore that guy, it's all about spec wankery atm
who in their right mind plays melee nowadays anyway
>>
>>381189453
I think some people just focus too hard on the fact that you're not playing on original hardware.
I've emulated plenty of older games on a CRT with the original controller and it feels fine.
>>
>>381180230

Shut yo honkey mouth hole and grab yo mama tha Ataribox ya dummy
>>
>>381189712
Kys yourself
>>
>>381189551
no one says that emulation is a bad choice, people just get tired of other people shoving emulators in their faces when they just prefer original hardware.
Yeah, we know that they exist, yeah we know good stuff about emulation as well as bad stuff, we just don't care honestly.
>>
>>381180230
I won't lie, that thing is gorgeous. I kinda wish I just had the case to put a PC in to run Dolphin on.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.