[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How grindy is this compared to other MMOs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

>>
Grindy as fuck, just like all other MMOs
>>
>>381180456
dammit.
i was just on the verge of buying it.
is it one of the more grindier mmos?
>>
>>381180054
You already missed the best years of this game. Its actually really easy to level now but its less fun.
>>
>>381180054
It's pretty grindy for a Western MMO.
>>
>>381180054
It's mostly grinding quests, so it might be a different definition of grind than what you're referring to.

The upside is that when you get bored (and eventually you will, even if you like the game), there's no sub so you can just put it aside for a few months.
>>
>>381180054
Depends on what you wanna do.
Theres leVel scaling so for most content you dont need to be max level.
Theres three kinds of level caps. the first is the vertical progression which you will hit very fast.

The second one is the gear cap, which takes about as long to reach as the vertical level cap.

Then theres the horizontal progression cap which takes a long fucking time.

note that the horizontal level cap is not required for endgame pvP (since in half of the PvP campaigns, horizontal progression is disabled) or endgame dungeons.

It is only required for raids pretty much.

Gear is another factor. Half of your endgame gear you can craft, youll hit max on most if not all crafting jobs by the time you hit the the gear cap.
Maybe two weeks in or something, depends on how much you play.

however after that youll need dropped sets. These need to be grinded from world bosses.
Some of the dropped sets also drop from qeusts.

its a bit hard to explain these.

Getting a full dropped set is not very hard.
However one dropped set doesnt equal the optimal dropped set.

See a Set can drop in any armor type, so Heavy, Medium and Light aswell as have any modifier.

And depending on what you want to do, youll nee different modifiers.

For example if you want a PvP build, youll want the "Impenetrable" modifier which increases your proteciton against crits on your armor and the Sharpened (increasin damage) on your Weapons.
For PvE youll want as a Tank sturdy (decreases cost of blockign) and penetrating on your weapons (decreases enemy armor)

Tho these examples might be outdated.
For the crafted sets, you can decide what modifier you want to use. For the dropped sets its roulette.

So if you wan tto play a suboptimal set, you wont have to grind for long, if you want an optimal one, its gonna take you a while.
>>
>>381180620
it is the most grindy p2p MMO probably and it also has shit combat
>>
I fell for this game, even bought the DLCs.
Almost copypaste Skyrim's floaty combat. No weight to anything. BUT WHOA WE ADDED WOW ACTION BAR SKILLS!
Exploration wouldve been nice.. but everything is laid out for you. It's not fun, don't play MMOs in 2017 bro.
>>
Not at all in my experience. The questing was top stuff for an mmo
>>
>>381180054
Heres some tips for an expirience thats as grind free as possible in ESO:

>Do not sell any quest rewards, deconstruct all of it

Deconstructing an Item not only gives you crafting materials, it also gives you crafting expirience.
This is the optimal way of leveling up crafting and by the time you hit cap youll have maxed out your crafting skills.
You can do this with ALL crafting skills at the same time, ESO does not punish you for going for all of them.

>Learn traits constantly

Each item in ESO can have various traits as ive explained in the previous post.
In order to craft an item of a certain trait, you need to learn that trait.
Basically you need to have an item of that trait and the go to the crafting bench and "research" that trait from it. You can research one trait per crafting crafting skill (note: this only applies to weapons and armor, not to potions and such) but this can be upped to 3 traits per crafting skill.
Make sure you know all the traits by endgame: In order to craft sets you will need to know a certain number of traits.
While some sets cost very few traits, strating at 3, some sets also have a high requirement.

>Expirience Potion: either from a Guild vendor or directly from a crafter

These will help you a ton, they basically increase your expirience gained by quite a bit, knowing an Alchemist will actually go a long way here.

>Do all the world bosses you encounter

These not only give you expirience but also set gear to deconstruct, there will always be people around doing the worldbosses, so dont worry when you are playing on your own, just walk up to them when you see that one is near and youll have some people to do them with.

>Dont buy DLCs right away, if you want the DLCs, buy one month of subscription and youll get them all for free for one month

Not only that, youll then get equal ammounts of the cash shop shekels as you paid for the subscription, which you can then use to buy a DLC after trying it out.
>>
dont listen to >>381185247
shit like exp scroll costs ton of money that you will not have

but actually you can get a lot of money easily with the Thieves Guild DLC
so again he is retarded for telling you not to buy any DLC
Thieves Guild DLC makes it feel like a p2w game because you will have a huge money-gain source advantage over players who dont have it and basically all you have to do is play as you did before just steal stuff meanwhile and shit to steal is in your face everywhere
>>
>>381185703
>TG makes a lot of money

No it doesnt.
you can make as much money with full prosperous equipment just farming any open world dungeon.

also

>XP costs tons of money

or you just join a guild and get that stuff for free including entry level crafted gear?

If you wanna play an MMO you sureley dont wanna play it all by yourself anyway.
>>
>>381186016
>farming
its mindnumbingly boring and repetitive
you can quest+steal at the same time and it blends into each other
also
>being a farming retard
might as well play some f2p gook game

>guild-giving away free exp scrolls or ambrosia to literally whos
yeah, nope
>>
>>381186270
Find a better guild?
>boring
then you can still just pickpocket outside of abahs watch, you dont need the thieves guild DLC to pickpocket and steal shit. Nor do you need the thieves guild DLC to go to a fence, you can just do that in the normal zones.

Its just not as proftable as selling crafted stuff or motifs.
one of the easiest ways to make money these days is to sell Furniture crafting recepies to crafters who have no idea how much that shit is worth. youll find them all over the place and someone is gonna be desperate to have all of these.

Or you just learn to craft that stuff yourself and make shekels off people trying to fix up their house.

Theres tons of ways to make money in this game. But the ones including other players are always the most lucrative ones.
>>
>85 gig install

fucking why
>>
the ERP is nice
>>
>>381186613
yeah and the base game doesnt give you extra help and rewards for stealing like thieves guild
you can do thieves repeatables all day and get rich super fast and you can do these while questing also

beats farming and trading especially since this retarded game got even the auction house completely retarded so you have to get into a good trader guild with a good spot, which again isnt that easy either
>>
>>381180054
Its a nice comfy MMO, havent reached the point where I need to grind yet. I had all the gear I needed by the time I was CP160 because I did crafting while I leveled. I'm still just going through zones and experiencing the game. So far about 200 hours in and theres still 5 zones ive never even been to.

It really depends on what you want to do, if you want to reach max level instantly then yeah you can pay for exp scrolls. If you want to rush to do hardcore content and trials then you will need to grind for that gear. But I like just exploring, questing, crafting and doing some Cyrodil pvp. All of which you can do easily without grinding or paying.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.