[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARMS thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 63398561_p1_master1200.jpg (1MB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
63398561_p1_master1200.jpg
1MB, 1200x681px
You have ten seconds to tell me why Kid Cobra isn't your favorite
>>
Cause Nintendo is shit company that makes shit games.
>>
Is there any point to blocking?
Also is it best to just be aggressive? I got to rank 5 by playing around peoples punches but now people just seem to go crazy and when i do that my arms just randomly get deflected and shit.
>>
>>381179746
Cause he's shit

>>381181646
Seriously. Blocking does nothing at all
>>
>>381181646
You can dash right after blocking a hit to do an instant counter. It knocks the opponent's arm down and charges your arms.
>>
I cant get fucking good at this game. Even if one of my hands is tilted even a little bit and shit and stuff and fuck.

attack controls attached to movement controls. fuck
>>
yeah i can't get good. when I play aggressive I get punished, when I play passive I get punished.
are regular controls okay? or are motion controls only way to be good
>>
>>381182324
Keep practiing, anon. You'll get it eventually. I reccomend sticking with one kind of arm until you feel proficient with it.
>>
>>381182324
just play for a couple hours. it takes getting used to like anything else. I'd suggest hoping in party mode or whatever the unranked online mode is because it should be fun about and none-serious that you can just play and play and play without getting to bored or frustrated. after a while -then- you can go try lvl4 (med) prix once you got that down then you know you're getting things.

also it's a lot less about movement than it is about dashing jumping and attacking which all stop any movement for almost a full second and you should be doing one or the other constantly. why do you think almost every character has some kind of dash or jump special? B&B, ninjara, kid cobra, twintelle, ribon girl just to name off the top of my head.
>>
File: IMG_2755.jpg (130KB, 1080x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2755.jpg
130KB, 1080x595px
Reminder that Helix has a crush on Twintelle.
>>
>>381182751
The benefit of motion controls is being able to curve each arm independently when they're both out. However, they do have the slight disadvantage of requiring slightly more time to do certain actions. In particular, it's more difficult to throw a straignt punch out of a grab with motion controls because of having the joycon titled inward to block.
>>
Who's top-tier in this meme game?
>>
>>381179746
I have yet to git gud with him. I haven't really ventured outside of Mechanica or Byte+Barq since the game came out Friday.
>>
Why does everyone claim you have to use motion controls to be good at this game? I use pro controller and consider myself decent. I go on win streaks multiple times every play session.
>>
>>381183314
Ribbon Girl and Twintelle but you have to play as a evasive asshole who tries to run out the clock.
>>
>>381181646
>>381181976

Are you 2 retarded? Blocking allows you to counter, and it's the safest method of charging your arms briefly. Are you going to dodge every arm that's constantly coming your way? No shit there is a point to it.
>>
>>381183843
It just seems like youre more likely to take damage if someone can read blocks well and it's not hard to do. You can avoid more damage from dodging, jumping and dashing.
>>
>>381183843
never tried it myself because it's not my play style and doesn't benefit my character as much as being active but from what I know doesn't blocking open you up for grabs?
I thought you might use blocks to bait out grabs then use a charged punch to counter the grab but I came to the conclusion the transition time between blocking and punching is too tight to be reliable on reaction.
>>
>>381183843
Why the fuck can't blocking be remapped to one of the shoulder buttons. I only need one shoulder button for supers. Clicking in the joystick to block is the most unintuitive thing ever and most of the time I don't even remember that I can block.
>>
File: 417947-AA1.jpg (78KB, 1177x633px) Image search: [Google]
417947-AA1.jpg
78KB, 1177x633px
>teleport-dodges your punch
>instantly grabs
heh... nothin personnel... kid
>>
>>381185468
>A.) keep 1 arm free to counter grabs
>2.) throw out a punch on timing alone when the I-frames
seems easy to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: DBW6Dy6VYAAz91Y.jpg (164KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DBW6Dy6VYAAz91Y.jpg
164KB, 1200x675px
>>381179746
I think he's okay, but his stage definitely is the best.
>>
Did ANYONE upload Max Brass/Hedlok's theme on youtube? I need it, please
>>
ARMS AI here, ask me anything.

Proof: The next poster is currently typing "So who is everyone's main and everyone's backup? Minmin main here, waiting on Brass as backup"
To answer your question anon, I main everyone.
>>
So who is everyone's main and everyone's backup? Minmin main here, waiting on Brass as backup
>>
File: 3h48t38gf00.jpg (979KB, 1296x1407px) Image search: [Google]
3h48t38gf00.jpg
979KB, 1296x1407px
>>381179746
>>
File: 1495486160655.jpg (109KB, 540x786px) Image search: [Google]
1495486160655.jpg
109KB, 540x786px
You know why
>>
>>381179746
I'm maining him.
>>
>>381186819
Those are pretty rad, esp Apple/Strawberry? boy.
>>
>>381179746
what does he look like underneath the mask
>>
im bored of level 4, lets start a level 5!
>get raped over and over by each level of match

what the fuck?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.